Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,071 members, 7,807,208 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:07 AM

Should I Still Travel To The USA? - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Still Travel To The USA? (34901 Views)

Can You Still Travel Back To Nigeria With An Expired Passport? / Can A Nigerian Still Travel To Europe With Work Visa!!! / Nigerians This Is Canada Right Now, Would You Still Travel If Granted Visa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by justwise(m): 12:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
Onyinyechiakata:
WOW LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE ! angry shocked cry
THIS IS YOUR ONYINYECHI SWEET "AKATA " you speak of I am across the world and have stumbled upon
A whole forum bashing and judging me about making a better living for MYSELF IN MY country!
How could you tell me to MAKE DECISIONS for myself when I shared with you about my people accusing you of being a user and scam! Because you are from Nigeria! I didn't listen I followed my heart I made a decision to use my VERY OWN JUDGEMENT , I listened to what you said and respected your wishes all for you to turn around behind my back and do the very same as me except its from COMPLETE ICOMPENTENT and IGNORANT TROLLS , you value these opinions !?? YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT Finance , money and opportunity not once saying you love me .. the username Byron asked if you did IN FACT LOVE ME and YOU couldn't even answer! That is what marriage is about LOVE ! I fell in love because I thought you were so different ... not looking to use me but I see I was so wrong ! YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA what its like to be an AMERICAN so really all your opinions do not matter. I have not committed a crime ! I simply did what was best for my future. If you all had the chance you would ! How do you think you can afford school here , YOU WOULD HAVE NOTHING MOVING HERE.I was willing to go after OUR DREAMS we talked about together! I DIGRESS I am appalled in this community. My family and friends were right after all I wont say this about all of NIGERIA but I FELL IN LOVE WITH A SCAM !
I could be so DIRTY and EXPOSE WHO YOU REALLY ARE! EXPOSE SECRETS AND FLAWS YOU WANTED ME TO ACCEPT AND I DID BECAUSE I LOVE YOU and still care.! AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ME TAKING MONEY FROM YOU! PATHETIC! AS FOR ALL YOU STUPID JUDMENTAL PEOPLE I PRAY YOU GET A LIFE AND EDUCATE BEFORE JUDGING !

YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS!

You don't need to be rude and insulting, people have every right to air their views, yes some might have gone too far but this is what you get in public forum.

You have every right to be angry with the op for not declaring his love for you here and was more concern about his own gain but you can't blame people who gave their opinions based on or without experiences.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 2:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
AkataWoman:

The way Africans worship white people is so weird and strange to the rest of the world.

In any situation an African will insist white people are perfect but black Americans are the devil.

It’s funny and sad at the same time.

You obviously know NOTHING about white women especially in comparison to black American women.

I’ll just let you find out the hard way.

I have not been to the US yet, I will by fall 2020. From my chat with both and what I have seen online white women are nicer unlike blacks most of them always want to act smart and the attitude problem.

If a white woman loves she can do anything for you from my experience, but like someone pointed not every black women are bad in as much as not every white women are good. The educated ones are better irrespective of the ethnicity.
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by rinzaugustine: 2:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

You don't need to be rude and insulting, people have every right to air their views, yes some might have gone too far but this is what you get in public forum.

You have every right to be angry with the op for not declaring his love for you here and was more concern about his own gain but you can't blame people who gave their opinions based on or without experiences.
How I wish you are moderating the whole Nairaland ,instead of only the travel section.I know you would have censored all these kids off with their rubbish comments

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Onyinyechiakata:
Thank you so much

U r welcome and if u r going to be dumping that guy let me know wink
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 2:36pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Hian, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com, the hustle is real, know your way no be curse grin

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 2:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:

Be easy on her, mod, she was pissed off and excited and justifiably so. She was even tame - if it were me you’d be seeing words like shithole, scammers, 419...

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 2:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Hian, Una go kill person with laugh for Nairaland.com, wetin person no go read for Nairaland.com, the hustle is real, know your way no be curse grin

Stay there. I’m just being real. I can sense this is a decent person and I wouldn’t mind hooking up - has nothing to do with getting out of the shithole
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by justwise(m): 2:46pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

CanadaOrBust:

Be easy on her, mod, she was pissed off and excited and justifiably so. She was even tame - if it were me you’d be seeing words like shithole, scammers, 419...

You couldn't make your intentions any clearer. Stop apologizing on our behalf and go straight to the point.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by justwise(m): 2:47pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Stay there. I’m just being real. I can sense this is a decent person and I wouldn’t mind hooking up - has nothing to do with getting out of the shithole

Your choice of ID disagreed with that.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 2:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 2:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 2:52pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

You couldn't make your intentions any clearer. Stop apologizing on our behalf and go straight to the point.

Gotta have some levity or the whole thing becomes tedious - see how I had tha guy raughing out roud grin
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
rinzaugustine:
How I wish you are moderating the whole Nairaland
,instead of only the travel section.I know you would have censored all these kids off with their rubbish comments

Hmm..bro you don't wish me well.. grin

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=AngelicBeing post=80649711][/quote]
lollmao
you don madt finish tongue tongue
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:
[/b]

My moniker is actually parody - I joined NL at a moment everybody and their illiterate uncle was talking about moving to Canada
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
justwise:
[/b]
I thought same too tongue
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

My moniker is actually parody - I joined NL at a moment everybody and their illiterate uncle was talking about moving to Canada

lmao

I see

but Canada is a good place to live tho
even tho I have not been there before

my relatives there have good things to say about the place

And thank Trudeau everyday for the opportunity express entry gave them to "flee that hopeless $hithole"
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Onyinyechiakata:
WOW LOOK AT WHAT WE HAVE HERE ! angry shocked cry
THIS IS YOUR ONYINYECHI SWEET "AKATA " you speak of I am across the world and have stumbled upon
A whole forum bashing and judging me about making a better living for MYSELF IN MY country!
How could you tell me to MAKE DECISIONS for myself when I shared with you about my people accusing you of being a user and scam! Because you are from Nigeria! I didn't listen I followed my heart I made a decision to use my VERY OWN JUDGEMENT , I listened to what you said and respected your wishes all for you to turn around behind my back and do the very same as me except its from COMPLETE ICOMPENTENT and IGNORANT TROLLS , you value these opinions !?? YOU ARE ASKING ABOUT Finance , money and opportunity not once saying you love me .. the username Byron asked if you did IN FACT LOVE ME and YOU couldn't even answer! That is what marriage is about LOVE ! I fell in love because I thought you were so different ... not looking to use me but I see I was so wrong ! YOU ALL HAVE NO IDEA what its like to be an AMERICAN so really all your opinions do not matter. I have not committed a crime ! I simply did what was best for my future. If you all had the chance you would ! How do you think you can afford school here , YOU WOULD HAVE NOTHING MOVING HERE.I was willing to go after OUR DREAMS we talked about together! I DIGRESS I am appalled in this community. My family and friends were right after all I wont say this about all of NIGERIA but I FELL IN LOVE WITH A SCAM !
I could be so DIRTY and EXPOSE WHO YOU REALLY ARE! EXPOSE SECRETS AND FLAWS YOU WANTED ME TO ACCEPT AND I DID BECAUSE I LOVE YOU and still care.! AND YOU ARE WORRIED ABOUT ME TAKING MONEY FROM YOU! PATHETIC! AS FOR ALL YOU STUPID JUDMENTAL PEOPLE I PRAY YOU GET A LIFE AND EDUCATE BEFORE JUDGING !

YOU KNOW WHO THIS IS!

oh lawd

now the cookie has crumbled undecided

I don't even know what to say

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
Madisonsqua:

Ok listen @Oyinyechiakata, I don’t know if u are the lady in question or not. But if u are, I will love to clear something for u and your lover. I don’t know u or your lover but I was once in his shoe. But now happily married to my partner for some years now.

Firstly this is a faceless forum and I will advise you to be a little bit more respectful of people’s opinions, either ‘good’ or ‘bad’ , not take critics too seriously and also generally direct your anger towards your lover if u have to do so.

People here don’t take side as u can see some have showed so much concern about you and even questioned his love for you. The question of if it’s ‘true’ or ‘not’ is between the two of you.

When it comes to making life decisions, people generally have worries and concerns. Some deal with this all by themselves while some seek for public opinions.

His concerns were more of money, life and migration. Ain’t saying this is right, but has bitter as this may sound, every intending migrant will ask about these three things before uprooting their own life for anyone. It’s not unusual for people in developed countries to quickly see themselves as the victims. So I will advise you stay calm for now.

think about it this way. he knows you are not rich but you are doing everything you could to have a better future. Which is the best thing and I must commend you for that.
In the course of this, you’ve incurred some personal debt and you still planning to have more. A potential partner is not wrong for having concerns about it. If anything, it shows he’s not planning to dump you so fast and he’s concerned that once you’re married, your problem becomes his. Which is generally true because you will end up sharing bills and other household expenses. And if u can’t afford a lot due to your repayment then he has to step up for you.

Nigerians are not so exposed to living on debt as we do in developed countries and our orientation about debt is completely different. Nigerians grow up being told to stay away from debts and we have no government or institutions financial support.
When I migrated myself, I will get mad at my partner for acquiring new loans or credit cards. I thought her about finances and how to live on a budget (not the easiest job anyway). But you know what? 2 years later I realised having debt is even a good thing for myself if I wanna go far in this countries. As long as they’re for the right reasons.

My Orientation changed even though I was still very careful with my finances. All over the world, Nigerians are making history and working their ass off to have a better life. Your partner is planning to migrate and also work his ass off but he’s concerned if he would be responsible for your loan. That’s for you to know he’s inexperience about how things works out there.

The same way your family is concerned about you falling in love with a scammer, he is also concerned about being used considering the news we’ve been told as African growing up that our men have been used and abused by foreign women just the same way some people around you think all Nigerians are scammers.

I’m not encouraging you to continue or end your relationship, but just telling you’ve got heaps to learn about each other if you truely wanna be together.

this is a very valid and balanced point you have to there

2 Likes

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Backfornow:

No memes??. I was waiting on one from you.
you sef sabi the brother
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 3:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

lmao

I see

And thank Trudeau everyday for the opportunity express entry gave them to "flee that hopeless $hithole"
Refrain from calling the biggest country in Africa a shithole, let's continue to pray for Nigeria, prayers works wonders, I believe in the power of prayers to change the fortune of Nigeria, l suggest that every member of Nairaland.com should start 700 days of fasting and prayers, break your fast with fruits by 6pm daily, avoid all manner of wickedness, sexual immoralities etc, pray for Buhari to be able to govern the nation, pray for good health care, roads, security, power, elimination of poverty, just pray and pray more for Nigeria and things will change in the next 6months, prayers is the solution to solve the problem in Nigeria tongue

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 3:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

lmao

I see

Who knows which place is really “better”. Example, how come Canada has higher suicide rate than Nigeria (see below)

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Who knows which place is really “better”. Example, how come Canada has higher suicide rate than Nigeria (see below)

the reason for suicides most of the time is not economic in Canada

however
many are killing themselves in NiggerArea because of the ECONOMIC hardship, frustration and hopelessness

imagine an orphaned breadwinner for siblings earning 85k in Lagos

can you imagine the pressure he is facing?
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Ugosample(m): 3:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Refrain from calling the biggest country in Africa a shithole, let's continue to pray for Nigeria, prayers works wonders, I believe in the power of prayers to change the fortune of Nigeria, l suggest that every member of Nairaland.com should start 700 days of fasting and prayers, break your fast with fruits by 6pm daily, avoid all manner of wickedness, sexual immoralities etc, pray for Buhari to be able to govern the nation, pray for good health care, roads, security, power, elimination of poverty, just pray and pray more for Nigeria and things will change in the next 6months, prayers is the solution to solve the problem in Nigeria tongue

werey re o grin grin

I don laugh fall for ground for my shop now cheesy
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 3:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
AngelicBeing:

Sarcasm won’t kee u. But prayers do work wonders - scientifically proven, hence placebo effect.
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 3:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

however
many are killing themselves in NiggerArea because of the ECONOMIC hardship, frustration and hopelessness

But not enough pressure to kill himself. Suicide is the ultimate vote of no confidence in wherever it is u happen to be
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 3:39pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Sarcasm won’t kee u. But prayers do work wonders - scientifically proven, hence placebo effect.

1 Like

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 3:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

werey re o grin grin

I don laugh fall for ground for my shop now cheesy

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

you sef sabi the brother

I started out on the thread mad, then surprised when the lady showed up, and then entertained immenselyI. do quite enjoy his memes, he's pretty funny with them
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by CanadaOrBust: 3:44pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ugosample:

however

Notice how far more men commit suicide in all the countries except China and Nigeria. Wonder why that is ( though I don’t trust any numbers from China)
Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AngelicBeing: 3:54pm On Jul 26, 2019
CanadaOrBust:

Notice how far more men commit suicide in all the countries except China and Nigeria. Wonder why that is ( though I don’t trust any numbers from China)
Man =woe to the man =woe >> man = till the ground, fend and provide for the household = more pressures = frustrations = suicidal thoughts for lots of men = death or suicide for those who cannot hang-on till the end sad

Re: Should I Still Travel To The USA? by AkataWoman: 4:49pm On Jul 26, 2019
Blastedholligan:
There's this sweet Akata I met on fb, we are getting along well and she's thinking we could spend our lives together. She's a single mother of one, older than me with one year and a medical assistant.

Now the problem is, she doesn't really earn too much and she has accumulated alot of loans that could amount to 50k dols and she wants to acquire another to study at the University for 4years, calculating all these could amount to like 150k dols and I've not even talked about my own cos I'll have to sponsor myself through school.

Another issue is that I don't think I'm really ready to settle down cos I really need to hustle and make money to help my family if I eventually travel before marrying and I intend on doing a course here in Nigeria for Digital Marketing to help me secure a nice job.

My problem now is, I'm scared of marrying someone who has acquired these loans cos Las Las na me go still follow pay wetin I no sabi.

Please, I need a clear guide on what I should do cos I don't wanna be selfish here with her by using her to get to the USA, I'm very willing to let go of her if I have very good reasons to.

Pardon my scattered words.

So, is that really your Akata woman who showed up in this thread?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Lagos Blue Line Trains Now Run On Electricity (Videos). / Nigerian Pilot, Ademilola, Makes History As First African To Fly The World Solo / Accident In Ilorin Kills Corper, Kwara Polytechnic Students & Driver (Graphic!)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.