Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,876 members, 7,806,513 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:42 PM

INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" (33796 Views)

Bayelsa, Imo, Kogi Guber: We Are Good To Go – INEC Boss, Yakubu / Ex DSS Boss Mike Ejiofor Commend Security Agents For Nnamdi Kanu’s Rearrest / Election Shelving: Buhari Considering Amina Zakari To Replace INEC Boss —CUPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by AirwavesReport: 8:48am On Jul 21, 2019
"INEC REC, Mike Igini, instructed me to cancel Akpabio's votes"  -  Dr William, PDP Witness.

The National Assembly elections petition tribunal sitting in Uyo was on Saturday stunned by revelations by a witness called by the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Dr Alloysius William that the Akwa Ibom State Resident Electoral Commissioner, Mr Mike Igini instructed him to cancel votes that had already been collated for the candidate of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Senator Godswill Akpabio.

Engr Chris Ekpenyong of the PDP was declared winner of the Akwa Ibom North West  Senatorial  District election by Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC).

Senator Godswill Akpabio is challenging Ekpenyong’s declaration at the National Assembly Election Petition Tribunal sitting in Akwa Ibom State and had presented his witnesses in the case. Engr Ekpenyong had also called his witnesses and closed his case. 

At the resumed hearing of the petition on Saturday for the PDP to open its case, the Tribunal was shocked by revelations by Dr William, a lecturer in  the University of Uyo that results which had already been collated at the Local Government and Senatorial  District offices of INEC and which showed that Senator Akpabio had won convincingly were cancelled on the orders of the REC, Igini in his office in Uyo.

Dr William made these startling revelations during cross examination by Mr S. I Ameh, the lead Counsel to Senator Akpabio. 

The PDP Witness told the tribunal that as the Returning Officer for Essien Udim, Akpabio's home Local Government Area he personally prepared the result sheet which he entered the score for the candidate of the APC as 61,329 votes while the PDP candidate scored 9,050 votes.

According to the Witness, "I agree that adjustments were done. These adjustments reflected in the final scores. The adjustments were done outside Essien Udim LGA. They were done at INEC office in Uyo," he said. 

When asked to confirm the earlier  testimony of a Witness of Engr  Ekpenyong, the PDP candidate, Mr Anny Asikpo that he (the Returning  Officer) had at some point disappeared from the Collation centre, a dazed Dr William said: "I did not absconded (sic.)"

Another Witness, a Corps Member who was a Presiding Officer during the elections, Mr Endurance Zachary had claimed that the elections were marred by violence and he was coerced to make entries which gave the APC victory.

However on cross examination he admitted that he did not make any report to anyone about his claim that materials were hijacked by thugs. He also admitted that he was forced to write his name and signature but was stunned when Mr Ameh, Counsel to Senator Akpabio showed him documents he claimed he was coerced to write his name and he wrote his three names: Ikhuenbor Endurance Zachary whereas in his witness depositions that was not forced to write, he used two names only: Endurance Zachary.

Two other Corps Members who served as Presiding Officers, Mr Adebitimi Abraham and Ms Oni Hallelujah Grace could neither present their Identity cards as Corps Members nor any letter of engagement by INEC. Ms Oni claimed that she did not swear to any oath of neutrality before being deployed by INEC to conduct the elections. 

The case was subsequently adjourned to Tuesday, July 23 for presentation of more witnesses by the PDP and INEC.

http://thestreetjournal.org/2019/07/igini-asked-me-to-cancel-akpabios-result-in-essien-udim-lg-at-inec-headquarters-in-uyo-witness/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by PrinceKevin01: 9:01am On Jul 21, 2019
I have said it before and I will say it again, that the Nigerian problem is made in Nigeria!

What do you expect from a country whose electoral Body cannot account for a common Computer server. I know many would come after me for this comment. Because we are not used to the Truth in this part of the world. I have no business with any political party. Because the last time I checked, they are all Hypocrites

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp

6 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Boscojugunu(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2019
I hate that igini of a guy. He is so full of himself

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Yohh: 9:02am On Jul 21, 2019
What people don't realise and fail to admit is that the level of rigging in the SS and SE surpasses that in all other parts of the country combined. Fine, give underage voting to the north.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Auduambless(m): 9:02am On Jul 21, 2019
God is exposing them, already

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by AntiWailer: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Lol

1 Like

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Pruwa: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Wawo...... Politics sha

2 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Ogaga87(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Please back it up with evidence jare.. .

The torry, torry of this tribunal everyday don tire person..

So many confused witnesses

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Felixalex(m): 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
Mtcheew
Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Gkemz: 9:03am On Jul 21, 2019
He has received money to testify falsely in favor of Akpabio.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by braveboy64(m): 9:04am On Jul 21, 2019
PDP WITH THEIR BAD ACT SINCE 1999

56 Likes 4 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Nobody: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2019
Boscojugunu:
I hate that igini of a guy. He is so full of himself

He is a strong man

The kind of people inec need

Akpabio did heaven and earth and could not intimidate him

Promised him all the money on earth. It did not work

APC has no business in Akwa Ibom

If your in APC in akwa ibom. Your not a politician. We have no business with terrorists and herdsmen sympathizers

When akpabio stole our 200 billions and decamped to secure his Dubai loot

It was not in our interest. He should bear his cross as his political career crashes and efcc rounds him up

Bastad ruled aks for 8 years and did not pour one inch of cement on my local govt Oruk Anam
We even like u give u first term. U come dey form God. Nonsense and APC

Useless betrayer without PDP you wud still be doing charge and bail in Lagos with your 1984 Peugeot
Ungrateful scvm

We stand by the one vote we gave u by mistake in our unit
Edited:
As for the idiotts saying I am not from akwa ibom

Idad ke ado

58 Likes 8 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by ipobarethieves: 9:05am On Jul 21, 2019
sad shocked shocked sad sad shocked shocked sad shocked sad shocked Confam.Dey do Akpabio strong thing.The man win the election

7 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by ifeelgood: 9:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Gkemz:
He has received money to testify falsely in favor of Akpabio.
Is that all your brain can think?

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Montanasnr(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Story
Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by gratiaeo(m): 9:06am On Jul 21, 2019
Money is playing out in this case

3 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Biritiko: 9:07am On Jul 21, 2019
PDP are bastards

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by juvewalex(m): 9:07am On Jul 21, 2019
There's confusion everywhere on this case . If this claim holds water, Akpabio might get a favourable judgment. Is it a curse elections can be conducted in Nigeria without tribunal cases .

6 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by bionixs: 9:08am On Jul 21, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
Where you guys expecting a different Headline from this?
What do you expect from a country whose electoral Body cannot account for a common Computer server.

Anyway, i will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 1k. Offer valid today only. See my info below to Chat me up on WhatsApp
no server also applies

1 Like

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by kuboy: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2019
akpabio stop wasting your time apc is like a plague in South South.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by bionixs: 9:09am On Jul 21, 2019
Yohh:
What people don't realise and fail to admit is that the level of rigging in the SS and SE surpasses that in all other parts of the country combined. Fine, give underage voting to the north.
you dontmeanit

1 Like

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by dedolampy: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2019
akpabio, my guy, is coming! this one is the real come not atiku's cum

16 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by Biritiko: 9:10am On Jul 21, 2019
[s]
PrinceKevin01:

What do you expect from a country whose electoral Body cannot account for a common Computer server.
Such Headline cannot take me by surprise

[/s]

5 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by bionixs: 9:12am On Jul 21, 2019
braveboy64:
PDP WITH THEIR BAD ACT SINCE 1999
where was Akpabio? Who is Apc? Oga, use your head

7 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by talk2odim: 9:13am On Jul 21, 2019
PrinceKevin01:
I have said it before and I will say it again, that the Nigerian problem is made in Nigeria!

Such Headline cannot take me by surprise

You will do very well if you work more on your customer relation skills. It is fundamentally wrong!!!

10 Likes

Re: INEC Boss, Mike Instructed Me To Cancel Akpabio's Votes" by stephen12118(m): 9:13am On Jul 21, 2019
Yohh:
u are very correct

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Caption This Photo / Mariem Bala Mohammed Arrives Bauchi In Style / Oluremi Tinubu Denies Closure Of Aso Rock Chapel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.