Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,161 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:55 AM

Are We All Nigerians With Equal Rights? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We All Nigerians With Equal Rights? (306 Views)

Nigerians With Over N5,000 In Bank Won’t Get Palliatives - FG / Lagos Sex Workers Demand Equal Rights In Celebration Of Workers Day . / You Have Equal Rights In Katsina– Gov. Masari Tells Katsina Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Are We All Nigerians With Equal Rights? by Otsam(m): 11:32am On Jul 21, 2019
There are questions that needs to be asked and given a sincere answer individually. One major question that houses the rest is: does the masses or their lives really matters to the politicians?
Another is, are we all Nigerians with equal rights?
Who is fooling who?.
The reason for my questions that begs for answers is not far fetched, it’s because of the obvious things we see everyday and which will leave you wondering or asking those questions if you are thinking right and straight.
Let’s check these two instances to mention few, there has been killings,rape,kidnaps happening in different parts of the country for some time now, virtually everyday you will read about one, in the Moro and middle belts, scores gets killed everyday, houses burnt and even in so many cases, a whole family would be wiped out by the so called bandits or herders or whatever they feel like calling them but the shocking thing is, there has been no serious reaction from the government and in most cases, it would take the opposition to mock the government of the day before they remember to send a condolence message or send a representative even when a whole family is wiped out. They have this “no big deal “ when it is not affecting them directly. We can see this from what happened last week to the daughter of one of the Yoruba leaders, unlike the usual lackadaisical attitude towards the affected areas , the presidency sent out a condolence message to the bereaved in less than five hours, number of governors went there to commiserate, dignitaries, political leaders and it almost caused unrest in the country. Does that mean, the masses does not matter? Does that mean as long as they are not affected, everything happening is normal and exaggerated as our vp said?
I am very sure it wasn’t that woman alone that died as a result of that attack last week but we only heard of her, all others are irrelevant. I think this shows how we masses are to the leaders.
The second one is, i went out this morning, passed through agege-old ipaja road axis, and I noticed the big, dangerous potholes that has ravaged the road all through has been patched just between midnight and this morning. These roads has been like that for a long time and it seems the government wasn’t aware but when I asked someone why they were patching in the midnight and task forces everywhere, they said the governor wants to visit the nysc camp today.... this really touched me like so, they were actually aware that the roads are bad but since they are not passing through there, the masses there are not relevant?
So, things like these leaves me with questions like the ones I asked above and which I think we all asks ourselves and finds answers to it, maybe we can have another view politically and stop being petty at our own expense. I believe if we can think right and do away with pettiness, we can bring about turnaround in the leadership style of our politicians.
Re: Are We All Nigerians With Equal Rights? by LUGBE: 11:33am On Jul 21, 2019
No, it is not so
Re: Are We All Nigerians With Equal Rights? by meavox: 11:57am On Jul 21, 2019
1) All law abiding Nigerians should have equal rights.

2) Criminals who commit certain crimes should lose their equal rights with the rest of the people.

3) Not all Nigerians are indigenous people, some are just settler people. Indigenous people are the original owners of the land so justice demands that indigenous people control their ancestral lands, and reject any form of land grabbing and theft of their lands.

4) We need a new Constitution made by the people and for the people to enshrine equal rights and human rights etc, and properly agreed by our ethnic nationalities. After we have decided if we want to be together, if so, with which ethnic nationalities, and how so?

(1) (Reply)

Ikpeazu Counsels Super Eagles Star, Samuel Chukwueze / Newsbreaking: President Buhari Swears In Mohammed As Cjn(photo) / Ministerial Screening: 4 Screened, 39 Left (check Names)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.