Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,853 members, 7,802,734 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:15 PM

How To Request Faceapp To Wipe/remove Your Data From Its Servers - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How To Request Faceapp To Wipe/remove Your Data From Its Servers (325 Views)

Woman Holds Down A Live Python, Cuts It Open To Remove Goat (Photos, Video) / The Real Truth Behind Faceapp (must Read) / Drama As Senator Calls For Investigation Into Viral Faceapp..........see Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Request Faceapp To Wipe/remove Your Data From Its Servers by AfeezLincoln(m): 4:02pm On Jul 21, 2019
FaceApp is the talk of the town right now. FaceApp is a mobile application for iOS and Android developed by Russian company Wireless Lab which uses neural network technology to automatically generate highly realistic transformations of faces in photographs. The app can transform a face to make it smile, look younger, look older, or change gender. This app was developed by Wireless Lab. Operating system: iOS, Android

Recently, it was discovered that there are lot of privacy concerns guiding this app. The biggest of ’em all is that according to the app’s privacy policy, your photos and data can be use for commercial purposes.

In a recent clarification, FaceApp’s founder, Yaroslav Goncharov, said the company doesn’t share any data with any third parties. Goncharov also included that users can request to get their data erased from FaceApp’s servers.

How to request FaceApp to wipe/remove your data from its servers

Here’s how you can do it:

Open FaceApp on your phone.

Go to Settings > Support > Report a bug.

And report a bug with ‘Privacy’ as the subject line, and description to request the data removal.

The data removal might take some time as Goncharov said, “our support team is currently overloaded, but these requests have our priority.” He added that the team is working on a better interface to make this process easy.

Its highly recommend making a data removal request until clouds of doubt around the app clears up.

from https://ift.tt/2M737G3

Re: How To Request Faceapp To Wipe/remove Your Data From Its Servers by Jaysolu(m): 4:16pm On Jul 21, 2019
My mom saw this app and she shouted at me. saying I'm using demonic program
I dunno why parents are scared of technology
Re: How To Request Faceapp To Wipe/remove Your Data From Its Servers by Chapelbeatz(m): 5:18pm On Jul 21, 2019
Jaysolu:
My mom saw this app and she shouted at me. saying I'm using demonic program

I dunno why parents are scared of technology
she may have a point.

(1) (Reply)

Electronic Gadgets Effect On Complex Ideas. / Zengo Crypto Wallet Now Supports Facebook’s Libra Testnet / Is It Possible To Add Kodi On Roku?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.