Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,940 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands (89304 Views)

4 Reasons The Rich Keeps Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / 4 Reasons The Rich Are Getting Richer - How You Can Join Them / How Banks Exploit Cbn's Weakness To Impose Excessive Charges On ATM Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by banio: 1:10am On Jul 22, 2019
Some Wives also kill their husbands when they know what is in his account.

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by executive12: 1:14am On Jul 22, 2019
Sunrise258:
This is very real! My brother called me today telling me his wife keeps getting alert on the new mtn sim he just got her. He told me the total money is now 1.9m naira and no one has ever withdrew from the account. What happened was that the original sim card owner died and mtn sold out his line after years of inactivity. His family might be finding it tough to eat right now unknowing they have 1.9m in a bank!

You guys can help the family by trying to contact them through MTN and the Police.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Jaqenhghar: 1:15am On Jul 22, 2019
kelvine:
Many are not happy in their marriage so they wonder.
Why will this woman inherit my hard labour and still roll with a strange man
Well thw money will still be inherited by someone. Which is nore foolish?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 1:37am On Jul 22, 2019
So no signatory to next of kin? And by the way what happened to preparing a Will in case of anything. Anyway its very to marry the woman u trust and u familiar with so dat in case of anything u can sign off for her and the kids.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 1:41am On Jul 22, 2019
banio:
then that is where making a Will comes into play. At least if u no trust ur wife then make plans that ur children should have access to it. But to me its foolish for a man to be marrying a woman he doesnt trust.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by goslowgoslow(m): 1:42am On Jul 22, 2019
devlishGINGER:
There is no need to worry depending on who your next of kin is
In the case of the demise of a customer, the next of kin could lay claims to such monies or properties
Did you read the article very well? It says in most cases the families don't even know about such monies or properties. So it is possible for a relative to be the next of kin without even knowing it and the bank will not inform such person.

4 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 1:48am On Jul 22, 2019
lilwetdick:

it has nothing to do with insecured

many women here in Nigeria are not prudent and dont think about the future, their only job is to spend and spend, so why should a man open his money secret for that type of woman
u refering to slayqueens and slaymamas. There have been cases of a number of widows who use the proceeds left by their late husbands to see the kids through school. Some with little or nothing left by the late husband deny themselves of the good things of life just to see the best of the children.

4 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by yarimo(m): 1:48am On Jul 22, 2019
Bafemi:
This is untrue. I say this because I am in the system and I understand how it works. All the family needs is to visit the court probate office. In cases of uncertainty, the court can write the banks to furnish them with any bank details of the deceased in that particular name and more easily these days, BVN.

Mind you, this information is not difficult to come by these days, even details of deceased assets in investment houses other than banks can also be retrieved much more banks.
what of if the man died before the introduction of BVN? My friend father died in 2010, after getting letter of administrator from court yet, up till date DIAMOND Bank is still playing with their intelligence. From some documents the man has bond with the bank worth# 2.5 billion only .

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by goslowgoslow(m): 1:49am On Jul 22, 2019
uglodoh:
m
Wondering the same. Do not mind the people quoting rubbish. How is it possible for somebody to open an account without a next of kin? Nonsense post
And you think all the next of kin are aware? I could open an account without telling my next of kin, although it doesn't make sense but people do it just for the sake of filling the forms.

6 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by guru03(m): 1:51am On Jul 22, 2019
God bless you Dad in your grave. You made me a mum signatory to your account before your died. A big lesson for me.

3 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 22, 2019
papermill:
^

Some bankers are behind some customers death. the reasons why some men died without declaring their account worth is because WILL don't exist anymore in Nigeria. Abi na lawyer you wan go tell say u get 60 million and you wan write ur WILL? na same lawyer go arrange for your kidnapping. trust no longer exist in Nigeria forget it.
everything in naija is just messed up agreed but person like aliko dangote u feel im go fear to set up im Will make im lawyer no arrange im kidnap?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by Nobody: 1:57am On Jul 22, 2019
banio:
yea if u married to a gold digger
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by placeofallure(f): 1:57am On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:

I would never understand why people would even marry someone they can't trust with their money. But since it happens everyday, they should at least make provision for their kids. That is my own...

This is what I've never stopped pondering over, if he/she cannot be trusted with anything, why marry each other? I dunno how people cope in such marriages where I have to be cautious with everything. My husband knows my PIN, I know his too, I know his business buddies, I know every contract he's doing or about to do, we decide together what to venture into and what not. I am more or less his manager and we're happy so. I think It's true most of the problems plaguing our society is deeply rooted in family. God help us.

11 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by nnokwa042(m): 2:04am On Jul 22, 2019
obembet:

Are u saying for some reasons, its better for bank to eat your money than your children
I been wanting to ask ladies this question ,so now let me ask You the question,let's say your dad is a very wealthy man and you got married to a handsome guy from a poor family back ground, after your wedding your dad gave you two buildings one in ikoyi and one lekki but the buildings are in your name, let's say the marriage last only 7 years with no issue and you guys divorce will give your ex one of the building your dad gave you as a wedding present ?
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by needful: 2:06am On Jul 22, 2019
The truth about this whole thing is, Naija men are very Adulterous and polygamous in nature as they tag themselves. most of them doesnt like to disclose asset to their wives for the sole reason of keeping as many girl friends and baby mamas as possible. women has the habit of monitoring account to see what goes in and out when declared to them, so if a man for, instance spends on his girl friends, the wive will know because the acct will reduce and by the time she asked question as to why the money reduced, problem will set in the family. many naija men for some reasons, doesnt like to assist where they married from, therefore they hid there assets and wealth from the wives so that he can help as many as he wants without the wives knowlegde. Women on the other hands, doesnt like to disclose asset or used their husbands as next of kin because the moment they die before the man, the man will remarry and her children will suffer as most men doesnt care to know the well being of their children once a new wive is involved and by the time the new wife start producing, the rest is history as she will use her woman power to subdue the rights of the first wive children. In conclusion, marriage in Nigeria is a total scam, there is no love nor trust. The men marry to have children while the women marry because of societal norm of u must marry as a womans pride is her husband.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by SmartyPants(m): 2:11am On Jul 22, 2019
Pavore9:
This issue came up in the course of my conversation with someone 2 weeks ago, he said he has a banker friend who happens to be account officer of a man who passed on February 2018 and in his account a 7 figure balance and no one has come forward since then which means none of his relatives knew about it.

We argued if his banker friend can go tip his family as his kids would surely need the money for their upkeep but no matter how noble, it will be unethical for the banker to let his family know since the deceased didn't want them to know about it.

The bank is not supposed to keep quiet about it. The mobey legally belongs to the deceased's next of kin, therefore the moment he or she passes away, an equitable trust is created which must be executed in line with the marriage and inheritance laws of Nigeria.

I assure you, the law has made ample provision for such situations so any bank claiming to act ethically by not disclosing said accounts may be in breach of trust.

Note: trust here connotes a legal obligation

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by ajl: 2:13am On Jul 22, 2019
Banks are only keeping the funds. It will eventually return to the state coffer if not claimed by family members. But trust Nigerian banks to hide the funds from the government.

Whatever my spouse does not know about my finances my eldest child know.

5 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by ajl: 2:18am On Jul 22, 2019
placeofallure:

This is what I've never stopped pondering over, if he/she cannot be trusted with anything, why marry each other? I dunno how people cope in such marriages where I have to be cautious with everything. My husband knows my PIN, I know his too, I know his business buddies, I know every contract he's doing or about to do, we decide together what to venture into and what not. I am more or less his manager and we're happy so. I think It's true most of the problems plaguing our society is deeply rooted in family. God help us.

What if the spouse you marry betray that trust along the line. What will you do?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by adekennis(m): 2:22am On Jul 22, 2019
pocohantas:

Lol, tbh, I really so not think this is their reason. Most Nigerian men think they owe their siblings more loyalty than their wife. They also think their siblings are more loyal.

That is why you will hear men say "my family that suffered with me", you will hardly hear a woman say that. My own brother was even a culprit. Give a man and a woman forms to fill; maybe a travel manifest. Lets assume they are both in very serious relationships. The woman would most likely write her fiance's name. The man would write his brother's name. Even if na orphan/only child, e fit put im uncle wey train am for school grin

When you see the ones that mention their wives first, look at them...for many, there is a way their eyes light up. You will know they didn't mention her to fulfil all protocols, but because they really want her to be secured.

I can't say same for the women o. They mention it unto say "ehn, I am married na. It has to be him".

A man's love could be very pure o.

One sided analysis but still educative

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:23am On Jul 22, 2019
kelvine:
Many are not happy in their marriage so they wonder.
Why will this woman inherit my hard labour and still roll with a strange man
have you watched the movie "Chief Daddy"
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by needful: 2:25am On Jul 22, 2019
placeofallure:

He is very faithful to you and a responsible man too. those chronic cheaters wont try it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:26am On Jul 22, 2019
Katier00:
Some men believe that if they let their wives know about their business or money, they will kill them in other to inherit their wealth. Men are very insecured.
because we know what you women are up to when it comes to money issues.
that's why we don't trust you.

2 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by raphy(m): 2:27am On Jul 22, 2019
The family will claim it next of kin is always in the bank details but some bankers are worst than robbers.
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by FarahAideed: 2:37am On Jul 22, 2019
Mrjo:
Some times you can't blame them I know a man whose wife was using his money to do charity work without the man knowing what was going on the day he found out he went and change everything till today, but I don't support hiding everything from your partner

What do you mean by charity work
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by NkemChukwudi: 2:44am On Jul 22, 2019
nototribalist:
My popsi left only N126k and his N120k monthly pension is still going in for the past 5 years now. Union bank don frustrates us to the point we don't bother about the account anymore.

In addition, we got the whole court documentation until we were told by the bank that the pension money paid into the account from when he died will be refunded back to the pension people. At that point we lost appetite for the millions in the account by now.

Correct sir. The bank has to refund the pension payment to the pension fund. Though your dad's dependants will then be entitled to a lump sum payment.

5 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by atheistandproud(m): 2:48am On Jul 22, 2019
The day my babe know how much dey my account, my loving beautiful sweetheart that was always supportive with cash and kind suddenly never has any money.

She's always now complaining about this dress she saw that she likes and how she doesn't have enough clothes and wants to look good for me. She want to eat restaurant 24/7, or use taxify/bolt. Now I'm regretting why I disclosed this info to her. I don't blame men who hide such info. This girl don chop over two months of my salary in two weeks and is still not satisfied. I want my my gf abeg.

This one is a monster. embarassed embarassed embarassed

11 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by StyleAfos(m): 2:48am On Jul 22, 2019
Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by atheistandproud(m): 2:49am On Jul 22, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
because we know what you women are up to when it comes to money issues.
that's why we don't trust you.

Yes oh. I'm going through one now. My brother knows how much is in my account and he has never asked for one kobo. My gf wants to wreck me.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by atheistandproud(m): 2:52am On Jul 22, 2019
FarahAideed:

What do you mean by charity work

There was a serious case in Warri where a woman donated her husband's car to pastor claiming he can easily buy another one.

If family cannot convince husband to drop money, they'll meet the wife and she'll start dashing the money around anyhow. Baba no let woman know how much dey your account. Only let your eldest son know. That's why it's good to give birth early and mould your children in your own image and likeness.

6 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by EzeIgboNwaChukwu(m): 2:54am On Jul 22, 2019
atheistandproud:

Yes oh. I'm going through one now. My brother knows how much is in my account and he has never asked for one kobo. My gf wants to wreck me.
can u imagine?
no be just wife but na gf... maka why?

1 Like

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by atheistandproud(m): 2:59am On Jul 22, 2019
EzeIgboNwaChukwu:
can u imagine?
no be just wife but na gf... maka why?

Someone that was supportive, very supportive. She helped me with money and bought me many of the clothes I wear today so that people won't look down on me.

Money has an evil spirit with women I swear. I used to laugh at people till it happened to me. My brother is my next of kin. It will not change to till I have children.

4 Likes

Re: How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands by laudate: 3:03am On Jul 22, 2019
ATTAHDYE:
Cock and Bull story, nothing like that is happening anywhere.
Yes, it is happening. So stop saying what you don't know.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Kdp. Kindle Amazon Books And Corona Virus Profits Method / Folorunso Alakija’s New N60bn Luxury Tower Ready / Crypto Currency Has Finished Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.