Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? (12451 Views)

Chicken Stolen From Store, Manager Sacked / How Do I Access My Father's Pension From His RSA Account? / The Government Is Now Regulating IT Professionals!! See Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Nobody: 1:33am On Jul 22, 2019
Life is indeed not fair.
Greediness abound in our race.
Wickedness has become the prime order of the day.

I'll endeavor to be brief, straight to the point, expecting positive suggestions/solutions.
(Neglect grammatical boo-boo because I'm typing in tears. My choice of words will be clear void of any misunderstanding)

My Dad indeed is an intelligent creature, filled with hope; optimistic. But our Dear Country, Nigeria, has scattered such hopes into pieces.

His basic education was in Switzerland (first class), returned home and was employed as a teacher in the 1980's. During his teaching days, he got a Ph.D scholarship in Switzerland, graduating with First Class. He returned home to continue his teaching profession.

In the early 1990's, his certificate arrived Nigeria from Switzerland, including cash award/reward for Best Graduating student. He received a call from Rivers State Government to pick up his certificate. He couldn't believe that those in authority has made away the cash reward sent from Switzerland, offering him only his Ph.D certificate.

He made commendable efforts to retrieve the cash award/reward for his hard work but it almost lead to his assassination. His name was unduly removed from Monthly Salary Payroll of Rivers State Government. This brought untold hardship, he lost track of his family and only child, including his health, as this has greatly affected him.

This is 28yrs, he's still fighting for this cash award/reward. All efforts to talk him out by family and friends has yielded no positive results.

How can reunite my family again?
What can be done to assist my father, recognizing that I can't talk him out as the only child?

Please Nairalanders, I need your meaningful suggestion, solutions, advice, contributions.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by CanadaOrBust: 1:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Sorry

FTC things

Will now try to see if I can possibly make time to read the story. Doubt it though - I simply have too much to do
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by mrgreen4real(m): 2:43am On Jul 22, 2019
Habaaaa! Simply tell him to join APC na!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by losky83: 2:54am On Jul 22, 2019
NavalBoy:
Life is indeed not fair.
Greediness abound in our race.
Wickedness has become the prime order of the day.

I'll endeavor to be brief, straight to the point, expecting positive suggestions/solutions.
(Neglect grammatical boo-boo because I'm typing in tears. My choice of words will be clear void of any misunderstanding)

My Dad indeed is an intelligent creature, filled with hope; optimistic. But our Dear Country, Nigeria, has scattered such hopes into pieces.

His basic education was in Switzerland (first class), returned home and was employed as a teacher in the 1980's. During his teaching days, he got a Ph.D scholarship in Switzerland, graduating with First Class. He returned home to continue his teaching profession.

In the early 1990's, his certificate arrived Nigeria from Switzerland, including cash award/reward for Best Graduating student. He received a call from Rivers State Government to pick up his certificate. He couldn't believe that those in authority has made away the cash reward sent from Switzerland, offering him only his Ph.D certificate.

He made commendable efforts to retrieve the cash award/reward for his hard work but it almost lead to his assassination. His name was unduly removed from Monthly Salary Payroll of Rivers State Government. This brought untold hardship, he lost track of his family and only child, including his health, as this has greatly affected him.

This is 28yrs, he's still fighting for this cash award/reward. All efforts to talk him out by family and friends has yielded no positive results.

How can reunite my family again?
What can be done to assist my father, recognizing that I can't talk him out as the only child?

Please Nairalanders, I need your meaningful suggestion, solutions, advice, contributions.

Lalasticlala, mynd44
your story is touching and painful.you can help your father if your story is true.the stolen or unremitted cash by the Rivers State government must have attracted huge interest.all you have to do is get in contact with the school in Switzerland to give you vital information about your father's certificate and reward.they also will give you the record on and by which the cash was paid to you father through the state government.when you have your facts,set the ball rolling legally in order to know who is lying between the Swizz and the Rivers State government.write a letter to the Swizz school demanding for your father's reward.their response will be good enough for you to start a legal fight against the government that stole your father's cash.am sure the Swizz will support you with all relevant info.good luck.

80 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Ynix(m): 3:35am On Jul 22, 2019
Do this 5 things.
1. Get your father to release to you his pictures with his colleagues during the academic period.
2. Get his employment letter and admission letter snapshots
3. Get someone to make a video for you with the evidences and the present situation of your father.
4. Put it on YouTube (monetize it), Instagram and Twitter and www.change.org create a campaign targeting wike, his wife and Goodluck Jonathan and if possible the family of the then Governor.
Tag amnesty international also and the school.
5. You and your dad should write a book titled

How I was robbed and wrecked by River State Government
For more details and other strategies chat me up on https:///2348089456258

58 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Auxtin85(m): 4:34am On Jul 22, 2019
Join APC
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by nicolartsdesign: 7:06am On Jul 22, 2019
I have no idea
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Zombiekiller010: 11:35am On Jul 22, 2019
Use Social media to get justice like Dakolo cheesy
Op how much is the money, if its not millions, pls forget about it
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by blackpanda: 11:36am On Jul 22, 2019
Auxtin85:
Join APC

Dumb answer

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by sureheaven(m): 11:37am On Jul 22, 2019
What a pity, it's a sorry case..

But you know what? Don't get mad, get a lawyer..... shocked
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by blackpanda: 11:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Write to the Governor of Rivers State. You can write to the attorney general and the SG

It is not government thats the problem, its our people. Its individual that stole ur money and humiliated your dad. Dont give up till u get justice.

Goodluck

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by ednut1(m): 11:38am On Jul 22, 2019
Something similar happened to my uncle. They don leave am to God o.
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Auxtin85(m): 11:39am On Jul 22, 2019
blackpanda:

Dumb answer

Maybe
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Nobody: 11:40am On Jul 22, 2019
Join militant group
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Offpoint: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2019
28 years? was the money worth a million dollars?

Trying to recover such money from Nigerian government should be consider a rat race.
There's no justice in Nigeria judiciary system unless you have enough cash to throw around.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Charly68: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2019
So easy boy; visit Femi Falana or Linda Ikeji or Mama kemi Olunloyo & they will help you recover what the Govt have stollen from your Dad..let them help you take the matter to public opinion court and you will see Wike calling for your father to come and take what belongs to him.

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Jason007: 11:42am On Jul 22, 2019
use various social media platforms

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by biggerboyc(m): 11:42am On Jul 22, 2019
Join politics
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by foolbuster: 11:43am On Jul 22, 2019
The nigerian constitution is structured in a way that government stealing is legalized.

How else would you describe a situation were everything on your land belongs to you but the moment oil is discovered the land immediately belongs to the government.
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Bizibi(m): 11:44am On Jul 22, 2019
I am sure those who ate from the prize award are dead,no wonder civil servants don't live well after retirement. Only some of them that were clean in service get unlimited favours.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Dezzy1636(m): 11:45am On Jul 22, 2019
Very sad,What is ur current location?... If you stay in Abuja or have a relation there,I think you should come over with your dad to meet the ordinary president of brekete family human right Radio and television, he will handle this issue straight up as similar issues has been resolved. This my mail Ugwuanyidesmondug@gmail.com
I might not follow the thread soon, u may reach me with the email

17 Likes

Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by mixta140: 11:46am On Jul 22, 2019
Pele oooo
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by Dezzy1636(m): 11:48am On Jul 22, 2019
That is why it is an institution, he will be compensated[color=#990000][/color]if he has a credible evidence and fight through the right channel
Bizibi:
I am sure those who ate from the prize award are dead,no wonder civil servants don't live well after retirement. Only some of them that were clean in service get unlimited favours.
Re: How Can I Assist My Father Recover What Was Stolen From Him By The Government? by dayleke: 11:49am On Jul 22, 2019
What is wrong with our pples?

See as others are coming up and saying same thing happened to someone they know.... shocked shocked

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Work With Difficult People And Still Maintain Your Sanity. / Certification Or Degree? / I Was Condemned For Returning ₦100,000 Forgotten By Passenger – Tricyclist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.