Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:18 PM

Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow (24769 Views)

Concerned Nigerians Call For Ban Of Flavour’s New Music Video ‘looking Nyansh’ / Daddy Freeze Reacts As Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies In Nigeria / Charly Boy Calls For Ban Of BBNaija Show, Gives Reasons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by sammie99: 6:23pm On Jul 22, 2019
Desmond eliliot plz stp saying rubbish b4 tinubu wil kick u out of lagos state house of assembly
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Isnow: 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
what the helllllll is this guy talking about... did he actually raise this kid issue? sorry to say not that am demoting nollywood movies...but is boring to me watching most of Nigeria movies. when I say boring I mean it....
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by celeb4reallife(f): 6:25pm On Jul 22, 2019
You guys should work on your script first. Most of your stories are so boring.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by ImaIma1(f): 6:33pm On Jul 22, 2019
So that our IQs will finally hit rock bottom

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Heavance(m): 6:36pm On Jul 22, 2019
So he can keep acting those mumu drama abi...
I so dislike him when he appeared in Carcas (naija anaconda), and one silly copycat movie with Kate Henshew....

These guys refuse to be creative, now seeking for ban.....
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by missCAPS: 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
There are just people who constantly pull us back... Now what is the meaning of this? Most of us watch movies to learn new things and watching only domestic or local movies won't develop one's mind.
In Nigeria once some people make it (mostly the stupid one's) they just want the rest to remain myopic and keep pushing them up. Desmond Elliot is selfish and wicked if he really said this.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by otokx(m): 6:37pm On Jul 22, 2019
If true then it is a pity.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Heavance(m): 6:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
HitSong:
demond IDIOT

This guy na real idiot

With the rubbish you people do

Low quality

POOR BACKGROUND

Obsolete cameras e

Miserable low budget etc
(ALL THEY DO IN THEIR MOVIES IS TO SIT DOWN AND TALK!!!!!!! NO ACTION!!! THEY'LL BE FORMING NONSENSE INTELIGENCE- ADVICE TALK)

Poor in all ramifications, yet some people still manage to go and watch your rubbish at the cinema with their hard-earned money...

THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THAT, WITH THEIR substandard RUBBISH, THEY STILL PECK THEIR movies prices with foreign ones.

The spend 10 million naira on a movie and expect to make A billion naira gain.

I WILL NEVER USE MY MONEY TO GO AND WATCH NIGERIAN MOVIE AT THE CINEMA! GOD FORBID I WATCH THE NONSENSE THEY DO

USELESS UNSERIOUS THIEVES
The bros na shortsighted m#gu....

He is the definition of mediocrity.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Boyooosa(m): 6:41pm On Jul 22, 2019
u better dont be unfortunate
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Orpe7(m): 6:42pm On Jul 22, 2019
When u think someone has sense, they open their mouth and disappoint you

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Akaujaa(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2019
Desmond Elliot...
Tell your Nollywood to upgrade and American movies in Nigeria will die a natural death
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Orpe7(m): 6:43pm On Jul 22, 2019
HitSong:
demond IDIOT

This guy na real idiot

With the rubbish you people do

Low quality

POOR BACKGROUND

Obsolete cameras e

Miserable low budget etc
(ALL THEY DO IN THEIR MOVIES IS TO SIT DOWN AND TALK!!!!!!! NO ACTION!!! THEY'LL BE FORMING NONSENSE INTELIGENCE- ADVICE TALK)

Poor in all ramifications, yet some people still manage to go and watch your rubbish at the cinema with their hard-earned money...

THE MOST ANNOYING PART IS THAT, WITH THEIR substandard RUBBISH, THEY STILL PECK THEIR movies prices with foreign ones.

The spend 10 million naira on a movie and expect to make A billion naira gain.

I WILL NEVER USE MY MONEY TO GO AND WATCH NIGERIAN MOVIE AT THE CINEMA! GOD FORBID I WATCH THE NONSENSE THEY DO

USELESS UNSERIOUS THIEVES

Just to type correct subtitles sef na work for them

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by adontcare(f): 6:45pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ediot Desmond. In his monkey dream
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
thesicilian:

Extremely.

It seems the youths we're pushing up to replace the old men at the helm of affairs in this country are even more clueless than the old men themselves.

Desmond Elliot, Youth?
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by zomby(m): 6:48pm On Jul 22, 2019
@topic: what a stup1d idea..I thought the dude was smarter.

I was in Jamaica and couldn’t stop hearing about naija movies and music...Desmon is losing his mind, he Should stop eating yellow garri
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Lawson081(m): 6:56pm On Jul 22, 2019
is like sand deh ur brain atink
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by ziziangel(m): 6:57pm On Jul 22, 2019
I'd rather sit and face an empty wall than to watch most Nollywood movies

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Xano(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
Rubbish

Well, I don't buy movie CDs, I download a good number of foreign movies.

A good number of people don't buy or watch Nollywood movies
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by PrinceBBlack(m): 6:59pm On Jul 22, 2019
This man obviously isnt intelligent. We should ban foreign movies and watch all those useless low budget movies produced in Nigeria. Instead to improve on the use of quality shooting and improve on technological effects and good story lines, he is looking on banning movies that make my soul happy.
drinoayo:
Nollywood actor and director, Desmond Elliot, has called on the government to curtail the influx of foreign movies to help Nollywood grow, Igbere TV reports.

Elliot said this in an interview with HIP TV.

“Ban all foreign content, you know, make it difficult for foreign content to come in, so your own local content can grow and then, you need to support,” he said.

The Husbands of Lagos actor also said that the government needed to create an enabling environment for the entertainment business to thrive.

Desmond Elliot has starred in over 250 movies.

He was re-elected into the Lagos State House of Assembly on March 9.

He won best supporting actor in a drama at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.

He was also nominated for best-supporting actor at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/835643/popular-nollywood-actor-calls-for-ban-of-foreign-movie-see-why/

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Aystarz: 7:00pm On Jul 22, 2019
Leviana:
Because the internet no longer exists?

Let me hear word Abeg. I cant stand Nollywood movies with their cliches along with their terrible CGI.
This dude is even more stupid than I give him credit for.

grin grin Oh damn sis! Ain't you no chills at all??
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by cowardafonja: 7:02pm On Jul 22, 2019
Rilley:
He's very stupid
As in, exceedingly stvpid

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by emaseriki: 7:12pm On Jul 22, 2019
Rilley:
He's very stupid
Elliot d actor suddenly turned comedian..... like we're all cut out for their Hollywood cr*p
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Leviana(f): 7:13pm On Jul 22, 2019
Aystarz:

grin grin Oh damn sis! Ain't you no chills at all??

Lol. A girl cant be chill when she's faced with such high levels of stupidity from a single individual.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
To think this OLODO is even a lawmaker makes me more irritated..
Why not ban EPL, LA LIGA and other foreign leagues and everyone focus on NPFL so Nigerian league will grow, or better still ban CNN and AL JAZEERA, BBC and other foreign news channel so NTA will grow
He commissioned blocks of toilet the last time, and I said ok,maybe it’s a mistake ,
This guy just made me lose my last atom of respect for him..
Since he joined politics , it became obvious he has nothing inside his head again

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jul 22, 2019
ziziangel:
I'd rather sit and face an empty wall than to watch most Nollywood movies
I will rather watch paint dry sef
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Jaymaq(m): 7:16pm On Jul 22, 2019
Nollywood should first screen its producers and improve the quality of movie scripts and productions, not talking about removing competition. This country is just so lopsided, that is why every big distributor will try to poach the government to create a kind of monopoly for them. If you go to many developed countries, every player is provided a fair ground to compete and that is why the quality of things done in those places is of very high standard. Is it the Nollywood movie that has part 1 to part 12 of 30 scenes that will now be competing with foreign blockbuster movies? Abeg Desmond go and sit down small.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by arrestdarrester: 7:19pm On Jul 22, 2019
Ban all Ghanian movies from entering the Nigerian market
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by CoachEmmanuel98: 7:24pm On Jul 22, 2019
drinoayo:
Nollywood actor and director, Desmond Elliot, has called on the government to curtail the influx of foreign movies to help Nollywood grow, Igbere TV reports.

Elliot said this in an interview with HIP TV.

“Ban all foreign content, you know, make it difficult for foreign content to come in, so your own local content can grow and then, you need to support,” he said.

The Husbands of Lagos actor also said that the government needed to create an enabling environment for the entertainment business to thrive.

Desmond Elliot has starred in over 250 movies.

He was re-elected into the Lagos State House of Assembly on March 9.

He won best supporting actor in a drama at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Awards.

He was also nominated for best-supporting actor at the 10th Africa Movie Academy Awards.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/835643/popular-nollywood-actor-calls-for-ban-of-foreign-movie-see-why/

NOW I KNOW WHY DEY CALL HIM DESMOND IDIOT.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by lobell: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Desmond Idiot calls on FG to ban foreign movies to make local movies sell.
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Bintuenyo: 7:31pm On Jul 22, 2019
Come and ban it naaa, nonsense
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Water101(f): 7:39pm On Jul 22, 2019
4 what!!
Re: Desmond Elliot Calls For Ban On Foreign Movies To Help Nollywood Grow by Smoothkill(f): 7:40pm On Jul 22, 2019
Abeg! abeg!!!
make una no even try am at all...
wat do you want to teach me? how to sing emotionally in the bush bare foot with a dude for over 45mins?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh & Kenneth Okonkwo Stage A Walk To Promote Peace & One Nigeria (Pics) / Ali Baba's Mother And His Brother Pictured / Mr Raw Celebrates His Father's 80th Birthday. Shares Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.