Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,253 members, 7,780,542 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff (6745 Views)

Nigeria To Create 400,000 Jobs Via Pencils Making / Over 400,000 Jobs Created In 3rd Quarter - NBS / INEC (ADHOC Staff) Invite For Training. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Kennyblues(m): 9:14am On Oct 14, 2010
As part of its restructuring strategy for enhanced growth and market competitiveness, Ecobank Nigeria recently announced the disengagement of about 400 members of staff.

This is part of the Ecobank Group strategy designed to consolidate and optimise its operations.

Announcing the shake-up, Managing Director of the bank, Mr. Jibril Aku, said the action was predicated on the bank’s strategy to drive performance and deliver optimum value to all of its stakeholders with a highly efficient structure.

He assured customers of unhindered service delivery and pledged that Ecobank will live up to its vision to build a world-class pan-African bank that will contribute to the economic development and financial integration in Africa.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/10/ecobank-disengages-400-staff/
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 14, 2010
na waooo.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Kennyblues(m): 9:23am On Oct 14, 2010
shock to the bone shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by vincent10(m): 9:30am On Oct 14, 2010
Rebranding Nigeria
rebranding banking sector.
Building & developing better fraudstars and hackers.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2010
The labour market is about to grow again !
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by spicyhoney(f): 10:38am On Oct 14, 2010
Nigerian banking sector; will there ever be peace of mind for people that work in this sector? So so fear every day. Skye bank just sacked some people too.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by chamber2(m): 12:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
bravo sanusi, u have done it again grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by jmslimx(m): 12:26pm On Oct 14, 2010
@stacym, i dey very sure say eje wan wound u, where, u dey, men waitin dey happen for this 9ja self, where 400 dey go soo, okk oooo more wahala be that
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by adexchamp(m): 12:40pm On Oct 14, 2010
Yeepa!! not again, i hope my bros is not part of dem oo, hold on make i call him first, BRB!!!!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Ikedonn(m): 12:43pm On Oct 14, 2010
I hope the laid off staff would have saved enough money to set up somethings for themselves again.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by webmaster3: 12:44pm On Oct 14, 2010
WOW, 400 staff!!!!. Na wao.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by breathless(m): 12:45pm On Oct 14, 2010
There goes more families thrown into more misery, pain and agony.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by oluagness(m): 12:53pm On Oct 14, 2010
Fraudsters, kidnappers etc are likely to increase God forbid.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kobikwelu(m): 12:58pm On Oct 14, 2010
all these shocks in the banking sector

can any1 sleep with both eyes closed?
my friend told me that he would soon resign because its just not worth it
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by denony(m): 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2010
when millions are waiting to be engaged
the engaged ones are getting disengaged grin
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by georgee(m): 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
o ga ooooooooooooooo cry cry cry
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by Nobody: 1:10pm On Oct 14, 2010
crappy crap
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by bisiaet: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2010
This is serious!!! where will all these go now or do?
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kaching1(m): 1:27pm On Oct 14, 2010
, and they are not part of the affected Banks so why throw more families into misery. U can be sure each of those workers would have at least two dependants.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by kemisuga(f): 1:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
At bank Jobs. cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by apoti(m): 1:34pm On Oct 14, 2010
I wonder where all these would lead us cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by teeboyseve(m): 1:39pm On Oct 14, 2010
The problem is that Banks set targets, WHY? wat targets, some even sleep with customers to get d target.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by SAfrica201: 1:48pm On Oct 14, 2010
In the event of any slight business hiccup, the Nigerian management mentality is always to toe the line of least resistance - ''fire them!''
Not until these set of unfairly and suddenly sacked workers begin to throw bombs to the houses of these executive management oppressors will this continuous evil (code named ''right-sizing'', ''downsizing'') stop!

Enough is enough. One of these so-called directors should be made a scapegoat and I bet you. this evil nonsense will stop!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by denony(m): 1:55pm On Oct 14, 2010
SAfrica201:

In the event of any slight business hiccup, the Nigerian management mentality is always to toe the line of least resistance - ''fire them!''
Not until these set of unfairly and suddenly sacked workers begin to throw bombs to the houses of these executive management oppressors will this continuous evil (code named ''right-sizing'', ''downsizing'') stop!

[b][b]Enough is enough. [b]One of these so-called directors should be made a scapegoat and I bet you. this evil nonsense will stop![/b]
[/b][/b]

i mean plant bomb in one the director panties?
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by 702: 2:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
send off pay nko, hp they were given?, hmm, biz transformation & continuity here we come!
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by HamidO1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 14, 2010
They keep saturating the labour market with experienced workers, the chances of a fresh grad with no work experience will be come Zero some day
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by spicyhoney(f): 2:13pm On Oct 14, 2010
^^^ The money (benefits) can never be enough to help in this kind of situation when you are laid off unexpectedly and besides, the bank would not pay the money immediately. The shock of you getting to the office and not been able to log on to ur system is enough to make some people have high BP.
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by 702: 2:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
@spiceyH, yeah its not funny leavin ur hme, comin 2 wrk and u can't logon sys or ur mails, its terrible, but provisons must be made 2 offset the affected ones momentarily, half bread is berra than none, besides they should have a resignation leta not dismissal as to which there's hope,
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by oriadesoro: 2:27pm On Oct 14, 2010
Yes ooo and the truth of the matter really is that the so-called Executive Management are the [b]Cecilians [/b]and [b]Erastusians [/b]behind the misfortune of the banks, but they'd always want the innocent and hard working 'bank workers' to suffer for their evils.

SAD.  sad
Re: Ecobank Disengages 400 Staff by beeman80: 4:02pm On Oct 14, 2010
What can i say?Eco bank.You guyz brought out NAIRA CREDIT CARD and all of a sudden discontinued the use by your numerous customers.Did some customers run away with the heavy funds loaded on these cards then?For the customers they could get hold of,ECO bank made them pay back as a loan.Making alomost twice as much from the customers.The laying off of 400 staff is just a true reflection of the state of the bank.They should come out on the real issues being faced by the bank.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Vacancy At Unaab / Soar Group Limited / CCTV News Recruitment Campaign- Apply Now!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.