Stats: 3,150,542 members, 7,808,996 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item (11863 Views)

See The Scam SMS I Received Today / Beware Of Jumia And Their Fraudulent Ways / Cancellation Of Jumia Order Made On Payment On Delivery And Pick Up (2) (3) (4)

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 4:09pm On Jul 23, 2019
ghettochild:
Does it matter whether generic fone or not??
What matters is jumia is encouraging people to sell fake stuff via this web platform which will inturn dent their image...
So all in all jumia is to be blamed if they intend to keep customers satisfied...
I know jumia is like the market for selling these items.. It won't hurt for Jumia to check for the specificity to confirm if its true before mailing...
This is why I prefer to enter shop n buy fone n test it there before Leaving
U probably don't know the meaning of fake. Did the seller say he was selling Huawei p30? NOPE. Did he say he was selling a Samsung Galaxy phone? Answer is NOPE. It clearly states generic p37. U can make ur own phones and sell. Provided u didn't try to trick people by giving it a name that it is not, then it's not fake. It is what it is. Though lying about specs is another thing entirely.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by drjprince: 4:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
greenhulk:

U probably don't know the meaning of fake. Did the seller say he was selling Huawei p30? NOPE. Did he say he was selling a Samsung Galaxy phone? Answer is NOPE. It clearly states generic p37. U can make ur own phones and sell. Provided u didn't try to trick people by giving it a name that it is not, then it's not fake. It is what it is. Though lying about specs is another thing entirely.
no matter how you explain bro some people will still be daft,you bought generic and was expecting huawei p30 who does that? undecided
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
greenhulk:

I bought a 128gb Samsung memory card for ₦3889. It states Samsung clearly. Lo and behold a fake Samsung memory card was delivered to me. I have requested for a refund. They said I should keep the memory card that I will get the refund before Friday. I am waiting.
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
I bought a 128gb Samsung memory card for ₦3889. It states Samsung clearly. Lo and behold a fake Samsung memory card was delivered to me. I have requested for a refund. They said I should keep the memory card that I will get the refund before Friday. I am waiting.

Then u bought a fake Samsung memory card. In this scenario u have a case as Samsung was written on it. They tricked u to buy it.

But u sef like awoof. U want an original 128gb sd card for less than 4k. The SanDisk 128gb I bought from slot was 17k.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by 1stSonOfLucifer(m): 4:37pm On Jul 23, 2019
ghettochild:
What matters is jumia is encouraging people to sell fake stuff via this web platform which will inturn dent their image...
So all in all jumia is to be blamed if they intend to keep customers satisfied...
I know jumia is like the market for selling these items.. It won't hurt for Jumia to check for the specificity to confirm if its true before mailing...
Exactly
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Benjaniblinks(m): 4:39pm On Jul 23, 2019
greenhulk:

Then u bought a fake Samsung memory card. In this scenario u have a case as Samsung was written on it. They tricked u to buy it.

But u sef like awoof. U want an original 128gb sd card for less than 4k. The SanDisk 128gb I bought from slot was 17k.
it was during anniversary sales that was why.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
it was during anniversary sales that was why.

U have 1 week from day of delivery to return ur product. I once bought a faulty PS4 from jumia a few years ago. Immediately I called them and then went to one of their outlets to return it. They tried to play smart but I stood my ground. After a few days they refunded me.
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by mikkycoins(m): 5:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
Bro awuf dey run belle o
128gb 3889 naira!
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by uzohrome(m): 5:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
Where is the op, kindly change the thread title
. You got what you paid for. Awoof dey run beleee na..
Look at the spec of the phone you want get for
37k haba. Na you want sc*m Jumia and get yourself sc*mmed
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Roushy(m): 5:42pm On Jul 23, 2019
OneKinGuy:

if stock android doesn't looks like that, I don't know the stock you are talking about then!
Stock fish

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by portablechizzy(f): 6:34pm On Jul 23, 2019
Also ordered for a phone, but rather received a dress promise to refund up till date no refunds,
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
mikkycoins:
Bro awuf dey run belle o
128gb 38889 naira!
lol.... Na shipping and delivery make am reach like that. Na ₦2899 sef grin
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Benjaniblinks(m): 8:18pm On Jul 23, 2019
portablechizzy:
Also ordered for a phone, but rather received a dress promise to refund up till date no refunds,
fine babe like you....haba Jumia no try atall. undecided embarassed
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by mikkycoins(m): 8:23pm On Jul 23, 2019
Benjaniblinks:
lol.... Na shipping and delivery make am reach like that. Na ₦2899 sef grin
you try o
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by drjprince: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
lessons learnt from op mistake
1.dont be ignorant
2.always admit it when you are guilty,dont blame others for your Bleep up

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MrBONE2(m): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2019
Benjaniblinks:

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MrBONE2(m): 9:39am On Jul 24, 2019
portablechizzy:

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Benjaniblinks(m): 11:02am On Jul 24, 2019
MrBONE2:

why shining teeth?
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 2:18am On Aug 03, 2019
I understand your pain guy I also bought this unbranded p35 pro phone and if u guys think i am lying, I'll send my pictures with my jumia receipt to you....guy I know you bought a fake phone but bros no b jumia fault I want u to reason where am going to jumia buys in bulk from the companies they have no hand work in this phone making... They can't open up the phone as they receive they sell so its no way neat jumia scamming u jumia is a great platform I have been using over 3yrs nothing is perfect because of an error doesn't mean jumia is fake they are not just go and research more on phones before u buy them jumia isn't making the phones and they didn't force u to buy bro.
THINK ABOUT IT!!
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Emmysky(m): 5:37am On Aug 03, 2019
Ayiyeke:
I understand your pain guy I also bought this unbranded p35 pro phone and if u guys think i am lying, I'll send my pictures with my jumia receipt to you....guy I know you bought a fake phone but bros no b jumia fault I want u to reason where am going to jumia buys in bulk from the companies they have no hand work in this phone making... They can't open up the phone as they receive they sell so its no way neat jumia scamming u jumia is a great platform I have been using over 3yrs nothing is perfect because of an error doesn't mean jumia is fake they are not just go and research more on phones before u buy them jumia isn't making the phones and they didn't force u to buy bro.
THINK ABOUT IT!!
I agree.. But bro please next time, use full stop (.) in your sentences to indicate the end of one sentence before starting another.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Redpanter(m): 7:11am On Aug 03, 2019
1stSonOfLucifer:
Good evening NLanders, well, without typing too much, I must say that I'm really disappointed with Jumia and the item I got from them. (SCREENSHOTS ATTACHED)

Few weeks ago, I placed an order for a device. After consistent disturbance, I finally got the item. Unboxing the item, and going through the menus on the phone, I realised a COPY VERSION of android was what I got. The item I placed order on didn't correspond with what I received today.

Need I add that, im not too much a phone geek, but I can spot original from FAKE.

I requested for a product with 4gb ram ROM, but 8gb ram 128gb rom was delivered to me (SCREENSHOT ATTACHED)

Below were my deductions to called the item I reviewed as COPY:
1. The phone can use 10 minutes to charge from 10% to 11%.
2. The U.I was just too native and dull to be running on Android 9.1. Infact, U.I of Android 2.3.3 was far better.
3. While switching on the phone, there was no welcome message displaying MANUFACTURER'S name.
4. While trying to switch off device, the power off menu is just like that of android 5
5. 9mobile 4G isn't currently available in my state, but to my surprise �, the device is always showing 4G on the notification bar.
6. Going to SETTINGS>>ABOUT PHONE and tapping on android version consistently, on original phones, it pops up ANDROID VERSION LOGO, but mine isn't even clickable.
7. Many more features which I can't remember.

Below are screenshots

Please, you all should be very careful with items purchased on JUMIA
You brought a generic phone, jumia is not the problem here

With 37k you can get a brand new Samsung galaxy A10
If you had ordered through a jumia sales consultant here on nairaland, they would have explain this to you better before buying

Contact me on: https:///2348127838587 to get best deals on jumia kiss
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by shogsman(m): 7:57am On Aug 03, 2019
You bought a generic phone what were you expecting.
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by shogsman(m): 8:08am On Aug 03, 2019
ghettochild:

There are generic phones like this on azamon,eBay etc as well ,so he played himself, you don't buy generic phones if you aiint tech sarvy
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by labusinessguide: 9:31am On Aug 03, 2019
elotajohn1:
I almost bought this phone oo.... Thank God for my life My Brethren

grin grin grin grin grin

We thank God for you
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 05, 2019
X
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MartinsD12(m): 7:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
greenhulk:

The sandisk you bought from slot how is the performance brother, can it be used as phone internal storage, can games and apps work properly in it as internal storage?
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by MedoUnboxing(m): 9:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
You bought a generic phone without checking it out on Fisayo, Eric okafor, Miss Techy, Kagan, Henereeno, Oscar mini or other tech YouTubers channel. Also Eric has warned not to buy a phone without a name. You have learnt your lesson now. Check out the following channels for phone Unboxing and Review
Youtube.com/fisayofosudo
Youtube.com/ericokafor
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvJPzy2fBttn3aoRqVB2eHQ
YouTube.com/medounboxing
YouTube.com/kagantech

Note: Jumia didn't scam you.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by Nobody: 11:28pm On Aug 11, 2019
MartinsD12:

The sandisk you bought from slot how is the performance brother, can it be used as phone internal storage, can games and apps work properly in it as internal storage?

It's fantastic and good enough to be used as phone storage. But I never use it as phone storage. The thing is those SD cards can never be as fast as the internal storage. So when u use SD card as internal storage, reading and writing to the storage will be much slower. Also u cannot remove the sd card unless u just like resetting ur phone. Buy a phone with good internal storage instead.

Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by RaphaelSegun: 1:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
I ordered for tecno spark 3 from jumia on 5th of july, the delivery man came and deliver a zealot Bluetooth speaker on july 8th., I called the customer care to lay the complain and they told me that they are going to refund my money back, since then they've not refund my money back ��
Re: Beware Of Jumia (so Disappointed) - I Received A Fake Item by shadeshadow: 8:43pm On Sep 08, 2019
The UI is android 5
But seriously, you should have known that there's no such thing as a 10 core CPU, especially on smartphones

Checkout These Tips To Protect Your Phone From Overheating / Free Real Mp3 Ringtones Mobile Videos And More: / How To Recover Your Deleted Posts On Facebook