Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:12 PM

Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? (22111 Views)

Should I Continue With The Job Or Resign With Immediate Effect? / Should I Continue With My Bank Cleaner Job Or Work In The Filling Station / Resign Or I Sack You - Female Director To PA For Denying Her Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Mac2016(m): 1:24pm On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:
please ignore all grammatical errors

I finished service around march this year and i stayed with my brother in lagos who is a site engineer after service, he was the one taking care of my feeding and giving me money for upkeep, since getting g a job has been really hard for me.

Fast forward to June my mum went on my behalf to one of the well to do man in our community and narrated my ordeal to him, the man asked me to bring my CV the next morning, when I got their the following morning the man gave me his complimentary card and told me to go with my CV and credentials to the company on the complimentary card that I will be interviewed that same day.

when I got to the company I met like 6 people who came to collect there appointment letter, when i met the GM of the company the man said the person that directed me to come didn't inform him of anything, he called the man when I was with him but he didn't pick, he asked me to drop my CV and credentials that I will be contacted after he speak with the man.

I told the man what happened when I got back home, he said I will be following him to the Company the next day, when we got to the company I was given the post of Factory assistant and I was asked to resumed work the following week.

when I resumed work the following week I got to know the man that gave me the link is the chairman of the company and the company is a still a new company which is still under construction, we were all employed to assist the Indians who came from their country for the installation of the machines that will be use for production. the work we were being assigned to is very stressful let's just say we are working like a casual worker(labourer) we break strong concretes with hammer carry big irons and do all sort of work a labourer do, the work is very stressful and we works form Monday to Saturday (8-5).

I explained all what I have been facing at this job to my brother and this week he called me and told me to ask if their is a future plan for us at the company when they begin production, but I told him I don't know about the future plans of the company for us.

He said the reason he was asking me is to know if he should open a PAGA(Money agent) shop which I will be managing pending the time I get a better job or I will continue working at the company
but I am a little bit confused I don't know if I should continue working with this company despite the stress involves and hopes for a better position when they start production or I should leave and start working as a Money agent.

please help a confused brother.

I think I can pick for you...Nobody will employ a concrete cutter into an official post in the same place with more money. Many wont want to do that!

OP pls quit the nonsense factory job before you die! Imagine stress from Monday to Saturday 8 - 5 round the clock. You wont have time sef to look for a better job and all ur hope will now be bent on a company that might not fly eventually

Go relax and do paga agent!

You will get a better job later

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by laiza(m): 1:29pm On Jul 23, 2019
Joevics:
I would advise you continue with the job.

If your long term goal is to become a successful career person, then take the work as your stepping stone.

It would be difficult for you to get a good job without experience.

There is a chance that the company may retain you, so continue working, at least to gain experience in any way you can.

Money agent business my seem lucrative now. But have in mind that your chances of getting a better job is higher when you are currently working.

See my Signature.
Seconded. Great things start small, so start small bro. All the best
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by golddeejay(m): 1:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Please go and ask how much they make before looking down on them! It depends on good location. Some make more than 200k per month.
I wanted to start the business when I moved to my new area...just over year. One fresh graduate started one about that time and now has 3 strategically located.

I don't know how much he is making but his girls are averagely busy anytime I pass. Most important thing is the location, then his drive.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by fellyman: 1:48pm On Jul 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Please go and ask how much they make before looking down on them! It depends on good location. Some make more than 200k per month.

Please how lucrative is the business..I am interested in it. Thanks
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by DAVE5(m): 2:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
mfm04622:

Bros small small ohh, paga can not pay you 200k per month joor

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Stephenchisky(m): 2:13pm On Jul 23, 2019
try and check on this https://get.cowrywise.com/r/Ekwobipk08ir/
making money isnt the problem but on how u use it depends
check and link on https://get.cowrywise.com/r/Ekwobipk08ir/
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by mfm04622: 2:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
DAVE5:

Bros small small ohh, paga can not pay you 200k per month joor

1. The business is not limited to Paga, though they started it. All banks are now doing it
2. It is not a salary business. You collect service charges from people you serve, then share it 50/50. So, the more customer you have, the more money you make
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Annabanner: 2:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Obiwank: 2:49pm On Jul 23, 2019
stagger:

Guy, take it from me as a guy who has been on this earth for a long time. I watched the 1978 world cup as a kid so you should have some idea about my age.

There is something called "being loyal". The man in question has taken you as his boy based on his being an acquaintance to your mum. He has placed you there as a test. He wants to see whether you are faithful in little. Read what the bible says about those who are faithful in little.

I left one of my ogas back then in awful circumstances. Later found out he had strong links to a research department in a University in Europe I wanted to go to for further studies. Needless to say that because that bridge was burnt, I did not use that opportunity. My life may have been different now, but I thank God still that I made it as an entrepreneur and I have managed my relationships better.

Do not fall to the temptation of leaving that job, hard as it is. The man may want to make you his CEO in maybe 5 years down the road, but needs you to learn how things work from ground up. If you leave now, you would have disappointed him and that bridge would have been burnt.

Endure the work. Great men all started from way down below and climbed to the top. You may do the PAGA stuff later as a side hustle. But do not leave.

I think this is a good advice for you to consider. To take it one step further - start acting as the man's ears and eyes in the place. If you see anything wrong, make sure you tell him or just give him periodic updates on how things are going with the work NOT with you (dont ever complain). He might initially act uninterested but you will see how he will start checking in if you fail to provide an update.

When you have done this for sometime, you won't need anybody to advise you to stay on leave because your prospects will become clearer either good or bad.

I am also speaking from experience. Good luck.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by omobaba1759: 3:22pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yes everything fade but not money business.THINK.
skedman:
Your aim is not to work for life
I expected you to concentrate more on the pay and allowance for you to save and start a good business that you will be proud off.
Paga is a business venture that will still fade with time
It is like business centre and call centre that faded with time .
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by omobaba1759: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2019
OP , how can i reach you sir ? I will be so happy if you can enlighten me more about the business.
mfm04622:

Are you involved in it? If you are not, you won't know they are cleaning up! Many contract staff of banks have resigned to pursue that thing. Dey there dey talk na lie!
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by omobaba1759: 3:38pm On Jul 23, 2019
DON'T BE PAINTING RUBBISH . WHAT DOESN'T WORK FOR MR A CAN WORK FOR MR B. THERE IS NO BUSINESS THAT DON'T COME WITH RISK OR LOSS. YOU JUST HAVE TO BE SMART .
akinmusi:
As a money agent or commission agency,

1. You have to deal with complaints and call bank customer care when money needs to be reconciled.

2. Fraudulent people can capitalize on your ignorance. Either you deal with a customer who just want to transfer from a stolen phone or Sim that bank will call you that your transaction is fraudulent and money frozen.

3. Some will comeelct money via POS withdrawal and go back to bank to deny they receive value for withdrawal.

4. You have to deal with an attendant that is not honest or every time finding it difficult to reconcile account.

5. And when complaints keep coming in, you have to use the 100 naira on transfer fee to load card and call customer care. Customer care will hold you for almost 15 mins or less, save you are lucky. And when it's time to relay your complaints, you hear a voice telling you, you have one minute, you have one minute remaining, you have one minute remaining. That's the stupid voice of that 9mobile lady's voice over. You will feel like finding the girl to slap.

6. Some customers will still price your charge for N50.

7. It needs proper record keeping for reconciliation and it could sometimes be tedious.

8. The business is not so secure because there are miscreants who feel you keep load of cash with you and could want to burgle your shop or steal your devices.

Why do I know these?

I run one.

In summary it involves risks and be ready to risk all for your personal growth and development.

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by bashtee09(m): 3:45pm On Jul 23, 2019
Thanks to you all for the advises
I studied Agricultural Engineering and the pay is 35k

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Joevics(m): 4:00pm On Jul 23, 2019
Showbby28:
Companies being run by Indians, do not take good care of their workers, especially the casual workers. So I will advise him to go for the latter
He said he was recommended by the MD of the company, which I think is an advantage.

Moreover, Working with Indians also has it positives, experience wise.

I have a friend who has worked in two companies with Indians, earning below 40k. Annoying bunch.

Today, due to the experience from his time there, he is in a job with an international company that pays over 150k.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by omobaba1759: 4:04pm On Jul 23, 2019
Brother you're the one that knows what you're going through and the relationship between you and CEO. How well do you know him? Is he a man of his word or someone that will just use you and dump you later cause there's this scenario similar to yours about a guy that starts a new company with man as an engineer after the company start making grounds the CEO is trying to replace him with another engineer that will be his OGA, even threatening him with a sack letter from what i heard. My advice is simple if you choose to stay there I'll advise you try to save money, you should have vex money in case things don't work the way you plan there that vex money can keep you going or start a business for yourself. As per, the money agent thing, there's no business that comes with risk even the life we living his risk. I want you to have a sit down talk with your brother to know what's his plan exactly whether you'll be paid monthly or the money agent thing is yours . The money agent thing is getting wider every day, everyone want stress free service where they can pay their bills with no wahala. What matter most is good busy location. You can start money agent thing and venture into something else atleast wil bring another income like collecting daily contribution(if you're well known and trusted). You think of something other things you can do or sell while being a money agent .
bashtee09:

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by omobaba1759: 4:05pm On Jul 23, 2019
Brother you're the one that knows what you're going through and the relationship between you and CEO. How well do you know him? Is he a man of his word or someone that will just use you and dump you later cause there's this scenario similar to yours about a guy that starts a new company with man as an engineer after the company start making grounds the CEO is trying to replace him with another engineer that will be his OGA, even threatening him with a sack letter from what i heard. My advice is simple if you choose to stay there I'll advise you try to save money, you should have vex money in case things don't work the way you plan there that vex money can keep you going or start a business for yourself. As per, the money agent thing, there's no business that comes with risk even the life we living his risk. I want you to have a sit down talk with your brother to know what's his plan exactly whether you'll be paid monthly or the money agent thing is yours . The money agent thing is getting wider every day, everyone want stress free service where they can pay their bills with no wahala. What matter most is good busy location. You can start money agent thing and venture into something else atleast wil bring another income like collecting daily contribution(if you're well known and trusted). You think of something other things you can do or sell while being a money agent .

bashtee09:

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by nelszx: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2019
leonard002:

I'm a medical laboratory scientist and I recently moved to Lagos. I'm looking for a job position.

Kindly contact me if you know of available positions.

pmmis2018 at gmail.com
Locum Medical laboratory Scientist - Lagos 

Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: admin@louismedhospital.com.ng with the Job Title as subject.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by showafrica(m): 6:54pm On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

I finished service around march this year and i stayed with my brother in lagos who is a site engineer after service, he was the one taking care of my feeding and giving me money for upkeep, since getting g a job has been really hard for me.

Fast forward to June my mum went on my behalf to one of the well to do man in our community and narrated my ordeal to him, the man asked me to bring my CV the next morning, when I got their the following morning the man gave me his complimentary card and told me to go with my CV and credentials to the company on the complimentary card that I will be interviewed that same day.

when I got to the company I met like 6 people who came to collect there appointment letter, when i met the GM of the company the man said the person that directed me to come didn't inform him of anything, he called the man when I was with him but he didn't pick, he asked me to drop my CV and credentials that I will be contacted after he speak with the man.

I told the man what happened when I got back home, he said I will be following him to the Company the next day, when we got to the company I was given the post of Factory assistant and I was asked to resumed work the following week.

when I resumed work the following week I got to know the man that gave me the link is the chairman of the company and the company is a still a new company which is still under construction, we were all employed to assist the Indians who came from their country for the installation of the machines that will be use for production. the work we were being assigned to is very stressful let's just say we are working like a casual worker(labourer) we break strong concretes with hammer carry big irons and do all sort of work a labourer do, the work is very stressful and we works form Monday to Saturday (8-5).

I explained all what I have been facing at this job to my brother and this week he called me and told me to ask if their is a future plan for us at the company when they begin production, but I told him I don't know about the future plans of the company for us.

He said the reason he was asking me is to know if he should open a PAGA(Money agent) shop which I will be managing pending the time I get a better job or I will continue working at the company
but I am a little bit confused I don't know if I should continue working with this company despite the stress involves and hopes for a better position when they start production or I should leave and start working as a Money agent.

Bros so you dey since you no reason paga, now u Don get work, you remember paga. Money, dey for tree ooo
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by 400billionman: 8:25pm On Jul 23, 2019
bashtee09:

Human beings are insatiable.

Was it better when you were idle at home ?
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by leonard002(m): 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2019
nelszx:

Locum Medical laboratory Scientist - Lagos 

Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: admin@louismedhospital.com.ng with the Job Title as subject.
Thanks chief. Application sent!
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by ebpius1(m): 2:22am On Jul 24, 2019
Kangist:
Promo!

Get your responsive/professional looking website designed/secured for just 5K, Yes 5K ONLY. The promo will last till 31st July, 2019

T&C - This Promo is on valid for all .NG SECOND LEVEL DOMAIN NAMES (.com.ng, .org.ng, .net.ng, .i.ng, .name.ng, .edu.ng, .gov.ng).

Here's my contact on whatsapp - 07063084171

NB - Please no calls or texts messages. Just whatsapp for now.
You contact to ebpius1@gmail.com
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by Greatzeus(m): 8:33am On Jul 24, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
Op, That Paga stuff is not as Rosy/Sweet/lucrative as people paints it to be. I run a first monie in my canteen in a very populated area market ooo. There are days no one comes to collect , transfer or deposit money. Even when they come in 2 or 3 or if one is lucky 5, how much is that Not constantly ooo.
What I will just say is that whatever business you decide to embark on, please study/ Learn the principles guiding that business. If you are to leave your Job or not, please ask the Holy Spirit to Guide your decision making. He will guide you if you ask. If you are not a Christian, then speak to God to guide you. Ask Him for Direction... God thank you for this Job you gave to me. I am grateful... Please God these are the things I am going through in this job you gave to me( Now Remember God gave you the Job to hold body till the bigger one comes. It's not by your power or even that of the owner...), what should I do? My brother came up with this and this Lord, Please give me direction... Continue Speaking to him till the conviction and signs comes on you... God will come through for you ni agbara olorun...

*Whenever you make a request from God, always make sure you seal it up with a Bargaining as in a vow.* That is one secret that works for me. And when the request is being granted, NEVER forget to redeem your promises/bargaining/Vows.
Good morning FAM. God Bless You All Today...
*Shilekunola*

Read my Signature
Your last statement punctured your previous sensible ones. If you like vow to offer your children as sacrifice to God,it won't move him to do shit,any you receive from God is on the basis of what Jesus has done,he alone qualifies you for God's blessings.
Tell me anywhere in the gospel where Jesus made a vow to give God something before doing all his great miracles. Or where the apostles Paul or Peter or John made a vow before God used them to heal the sick and raise the dead.
God owns everything on Earth,you can't asked me a favor and vow to give me the money in my bank account if I grant you the favor. The money is mine already. If I grant you the favor,it will be because I love and wanted to do it. That's the way God is,he is good,he grants your request because he loves and wants to.
Stop trying to earn his blessings,even what you are asking and vowing for, Muslims and atheists have it millions times than you will ever have.
Re: Should I Continue With My Job Or I Should Leave And Work As A Money Agent? by jack1101: 11:23am On Jul 24, 2019
That your current job may be a test for you.Remember that the company is new in town.Don't also forget that you know somebody that knows somebody in the company.

Tell your brother to employ someone else for now.watch how the business is growing.U can even open one by yourself.Use your brain

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / My Experience With The Rude Female Employees At Visafone Office Today / Pic: Difference Between A Boss And A Leader

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.