Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 AM

Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest (1130 Views)

Burial Photos Of Precious Owolabi Channels TV Corper Killed During Shiite Protes / Graphic Photos Of Usman Umar Belel Killed During Shiite Protest In Abuja / DCP Usman Umar Belel Buried After Shiite Protest, Had Only One Child (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by damiloladuke: 6:20am On Jul 23, 2019
Precious Owolabi, who was an NYSC member serving with Channels Television was killed during the clash between Shiite members and Police yesterday in Abuja.

According to reports, the promising journalist was shot in the stomach and was immediately rushed to the hospital where he later died.

Nigerians have however taken to twitter to express their disgust over the rate of insecurity in the country and how the issue of the Federal Government with members of the Shiite group is gradually getting out of hand.

See reactions:

*** May the soul of Precious Owolabi rest in peace. May God console his family and comfort his friends. That could have been anyone, including any of our family members or friends who work around the 3 arms zone and environs in Abuja. Such a needless death. Resolve this madness now.

*** razy how we will be facing serious issues of security, youthful deaths like d corper with Channels Precious Owolabi, DCP Usman, young Shiites & we still have #BBNaija2019 trending? Wonder what some jobless twitter people do with their time! Serious minded people won’t ve d time

*** So sad precious owolabi was killed while on his academic assignment and children of our Wicked politicians are outside in UK and US schooling in a secured place, whereas our country is not safe.

*** With much pain in my heart, tears in my eyes and a sad face,I still don't want to believe it but Precious Owolabi of @channelstvis dead�just last year we graduated together from #unilorin just last year we shot a movie together@unilorinnewsRIP Precious OwolabiRest in peace�

*** Precious Owolabi, a young NYSC intern with Channels TV has paid the ultimate price. He died as a result of wounds sustained from gunshots during the clash between shiite and the police.This is really sad. My prayers are with his family and friends. He died an active hero

The news of his death was confirmed by the TV station during their News at 10 yesterday evening.

WATCH VIDEO OF THE NEWS HERE
https://lailasnews.com/precious-owolabi-see-reactions-as-nysc-member-was-killed-during-shiite-protest/

lalasticlala

Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by Amazingman(m): 6:28am On Jul 23, 2019
Mehn rip man
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by anibi9674: 6:38am On Jul 23, 2019
Painful death. Wetin Islam dey cause
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by Flyingngel(m): 6:44am On Jul 23, 2019
As old as Buhari is, i think there are certain things i believe he shouldn't indulge in. Example corruption, disobey of court judgements that do not favour him, tribalism e.t.c.
If he had release El zazaky when the court demanded all these protest wouldn't have come up but he said that security supersede rule of law.
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by DavidEsq(m): 6:45am On Jul 23, 2019
So Channels TV, knowing that the Shiite protest to always attract tragedies from the police, went ahead to send this young man into the "battle field" without providing safety measures? If this ain't negligence on their part, then I don't know what is.
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by bobolistica(m): 6:46am On Jul 23, 2019
why send an inexperienced journalist there? Nigeria...only God can save us
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by iammo(m): 6:52am On Jul 23, 2019
Rip to the Guy..

Buhari thinks lawlessness would make him seem strong. Now the shiite are showing him who is the boss,.
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by Nobody: 6:59am On Jul 23, 2019
RIP ..
Honestly the north needs to change their way of thinking. Most northerners are illiterates and religious fanatics.. The learned amongst them have exploited this and use it to cause havoc.
When other nations are talking about meaningful issues, we here in Nigeria are talking about Cows and what nots, simply because we voted for an illiterate and religious fanatic..

Note: I am not being tribalistic, other tribes also have their problems.. just calling a spade a spade
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by iamapplord(m): 8:40am On Jul 23, 2019
zainaboo19:
this is sad mehn

So you can comment "this is sad" when you comment stupidly in the other post.

My dear..WHERE ARE THY SENSE??
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by chii8(f): 9:43am On Jul 23, 2019
Painful...only God can console his family.
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by Tonymegabush1(m): 9:48am On Jul 23, 2019
Gone...... Just like that.... This country is just more than stupid i dnt even knw what 2 say....

Nb this is my first time of calling this country stupid and i mean it..... Pure stupidity...

What an oderiferous saga
Re: Precious Owolabi: Reactions After NYSC Member Was Killed During Shiite Protest by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 23, 2019
I just don't know why presidency is finding it so difficult to obey the court order and release this man. If not for anything atleast for peace to reign in this country. God please come to our aid for we need you at this time.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Commissions Air Force Hospital In Daura (PHOTOS) / Southern Nigeria Is Held Hostage. / Help Nigeria Out Of Poverty, Senate President Begs World Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.