Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,357 members, 7,800,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs (13172 Views)

Lionel Messi Has Unfollowed PSG On Instagram, Only Follows Four Clubs / Dressing Rooms Of The Top Four Clubs In The English Premier League (Pictures) / Lionel Messi Follows Just Four Clubs On Twitter Including Chelsea And Man City (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by reportminds: 7:48am On Jul 23, 2019
The 20 teams to compete in the 2019-20 Nigeria Professional Football League have been decided, following Monday’s playoffs

Warri Wolves have returned to the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) three seasons after their demotion from the top-flight.

Along with Akwa Starlets, Jigawa Golden Stars and Adamawa United, Wolves secured a berth at the end of the NNL playoffs in four centres on Monday.

The Seasiders took the NPFL by the storm in the 2015 season and were very close to winning the league title until they were pipped to it by Enyimba.

They gave a good account of themselves in the Caf Champions League the following year but was relegated at the end of the season following financial difficulties.

It was during the first stint with Moses Etu as chairman when the Seasiders were relegated and having returned to the same position in January this year, he masterminded their return to the top-flight.

Monday's game in Enugu against Dynamite Force was goalless at the end of the regulation time, but the Kester Ojo Osagie-led Wolves side edged their neighbours 5-3 on penalty kicks.

In Jos, NAF FC of Abuja were beaten 3-2 by Jigawa Golden Stars, while Adamawa United and Akwa Starlets picked the remaining two tickets at the expense of Road Safety and 3SC, in Makurdi and Asaba, respectively.

With this eventuality, the 20 teams to compete in the NPFL are now complete, while the season-ending Super Four to determine the actual winner of the lower league will take place from July 31 to August 3, at the Stephen Keshi Stadium, Asaba.

source https://www.reportminds.com/2019/07/four-clubs-qualify-for-npfl-after-nnl.html

c
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by stephenolamide(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2019
Shooting stars always disappointment

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by samcus(m): 7:53am On Jul 23, 2019
Before you engage her, be very mindful of her Ex boyfriend(s) Some of them are still in love with their Ex, they just left the relationship cuz the boy is not ready to settle down. Bestie is the baptismal name!! LEMME MIND MY BUSINESS

4 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by yjgm(m): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations to them
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by fakuta(f): 7:54am On Jul 23, 2019
Adamawa United and Jigawa golden stars am here grin

1 Like

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by akposking(m): 7:55am On Jul 23, 2019
Someone said gworo is the only thing been eaten by a certain president in a certain country.

2 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:55am On Jul 23, 2019
We will be looking forward to the Resumption of the NPFL as much as we are looking forward to the EPL.

#TeamMFM

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Nobody: 7:57am On Jul 23, 2019
welcome back warri wolves.

1 Like

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Lizilicious(f): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2019
So proud of Akwa Starlets

6 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Justiceleague1: 8:11am On Jul 23, 2019
I don't know what's the problem with Insurance of Benin! angry

Maybe they should change their name back to Bendel Insurance

3 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Sonnobax15(m): 8:12am On Jul 23, 2019
Las las,my beloved warri wolves has returned to topfliqht...now its left for governor okowa to do the needful so as to avoid what transpired some seasons ago..
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by mixta140: 8:14am On Jul 23, 2019
Nothing to say shocked

For stubborn STD check my signature.
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Difrent: 8:15am On Jul 23, 2019
My darling Shooting didn't make it, so sad
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by vivabizz: 8:18am On Jul 23, 2019
post free ads

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Akemmi(m): 8:46am On Jul 23, 2019
Congratulations to Akwa Starlets. Akwa Ibom now has two professional leagues in NPL.

4 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by nellyelitz(m): 8:47am On Jul 23, 2019
Lizilicious:
we now have two teams in the top flight, very ggood!

3 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by edibobo: 9:10am On Jul 23, 2019
Two Clubs from Akwa Ibom State to compete in the Premier League. Congrats to the State own by God and her good people.

3 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Neimar: 9:17am On Jul 23, 2019
gra gra football with no sense

dead league
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by MrFly(m): 9:23am On Jul 23, 2019
congrats to Akwa Starlets.... lets see how the two teams fare

4 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by tck2000(m): 9:26am On Jul 23, 2019
Thank God that Delta State now have two teams in the Npfl(Delta Force of Asaba and Warri Wolves).Honestly,the Nigerian clubs i support are Enyimba and MFM(Because of Sikiru Olatubonsu and Stephen Odey when MFM was so hot during 2016/2017 season).You don't have to support a club because it's in your State.Remember that some people living in Madrid support Barcelona and likewise,London supports Man U,Manchester supports Chelsea etc.I hope for the day our league would be rated among the top 3 league in the world in terms of cash,infrastructure,management etc.I would like our style of play to change to something like the brazilian style and adding a touch of speed,i hope for the day that a team in Nigeria has players that are very skillfull from the striker to Goalkeeper that are capable of dribbling to wow the crowd and beating Madrid,Barcelona,Chelsea,Juventus etc. like 3-1/2-0.while the likes of Arsenal,Napoli,Sevilla etc. would collect 4/5-0.I suggest that clubs should give youngsters a chance.
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by ubox: 9:28am On Jul 23, 2019
nellyelitz:
we now have two teams in the top flight, very ggood!
Would they now share Godswill Akpabio Int'l stadium like how Milan and Inter share San Siro grin

1 Like

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by tck2000(m): 9:36am On Jul 23, 2019
Nigerian clubs have to give youngsters a chance,18 years old Rasford,Mbappe broke into the first team at 18.I know that if street footballer are gathered from the street,they would be capable of beating Enyimba 4-0.Also,i think musicians should be hired by the league to perform after matches,this would curb after match violence because everyone would be expecting the artist to light up their mood.The most important thing is that we need a Messiah in our league.Add yours!
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by ikorodureporta: 9:56am On Jul 23, 2019
Akemmi:
Congratulations to Akwa Starlets. Akwa Ibom now has two professional leagues in NPL.

akwa starlet dat was a feeder team to the other Akwa utd. How can both teams be @ dsame league?
Now, they've renamed shapshap

2 Likes

Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by eltalentino(m): 11:02am On Jul 23, 2019
Lizilicious:
Two teams in the league....goose bumps
Re: Four Clubs Qualify For NPFL After NNL Playoffs by Bakrabas: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2019
tck2000:
Nigerian clubs have to give youngsters a chance,18 years old Rasford,Mbappe broke into the first team at 18.I know that if street footballer are gathered from the street,they would be capable of beating Enyimba 4-0.Also,i think musicians should be hired by the league to perform after matches,this would curb after match violence because everyone would be expecting the artist to light up their mood.The most important thing is that we need a Messiah in our league.Add yours!

Not just a messiah, our league is not television friendly

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sweden Vs South Korea: World Cup 2018 (1 - 0) On 18th June 2018 / WCQ: Rwanda Beat South Africa, Hands Super Eagles A Fighting Chance / Odion Ighalo To Return To Super Eagles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.