Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,277 members, 7,780,627 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 06:05 PM

. - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / . (581 Views)

Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Landlords In Rivers State Controlling Floods By Digging Trench (Photos) / Tenants Flee House After 10 Co-tenants Died In Two Years (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Young03(m): 7:58am On Jul 23, 2019
I pay 6months ahead and my next rent will expire on November 12.

Am I not supposed to be given 3 months stay after my rent must have expired before I vacat?
Re: . by Davash222(m): 8:06am On Jul 23, 2019
Your landlord just wan increase rent. Nothing like he wants to make personal use of the room.

If you like the place, talk to him, he will tell you the new rate now.

Most landlords use this tactics to increase rents.
Re: . by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:09am On Jul 23, 2019
He's giving you the notice in advance ....well I don't know how you people do your thing in Benin, down here in Lagos they give 4-6 months notice after your rent has expired...... So I suggest you get a lawyer asap and let he will tell you your options
Re: . by Young03(m): 8:15am On Jul 23, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
He's giving you the notice in advance ....well I don't know how you people do your thing in Benin, down here in Lagos they give 4-6 months notice after your rent has expired...... So I suggest you get a lawyer asap and let he will tell you your options

Thanks bro, this is why am confused cos I'm supposed to be given 3 months cos I pay 6 months ahead
Re: . by thesicilian: 8:19am On Jul 23, 2019
The lawyer fees might be enough to cover the cost of getting an agent to find you another place. That's me just assuming you don't have too much money to waste though, since you live in a one bedroom apartment, according to the letter.
Re: . by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:21am On Jul 23, 2019
You[left][/left]ng03:

Thanks bro, this is why am confused cos I'm supposed to be given 3 months cos I pay 6 months ahead
one landlord tried such thing with one of my friend last 2years... He got a lawyer and ended up spending 8momths in the apartment without paying the fool a dime.... Don't panic
Re: . by Davash222(m): 8:23am On Jul 23, 2019
thesicilian:
The lawyer fees might be enough to cover the cost of getting an agent to find you another place. That's me just assuming you don't have too much money to waste though, since you live in a one bedroom apartment, according to the letter.
Hehehe.

This your post is somehow. Lol
Re: . by Obainoneandonly(m): 8:26am On Jul 23, 2019
thesicilian:
so he should start looking for anoda apartment when d current one is not even due....dats Bull, In Lagos it's 6months after your rent is due.. Date d law and no landlord can go contrary to it, if he does then he got the public defender to contend with........ Except there's nothing like a public defender in edo
Re: . by Young03(m): 8:32am On Jul 23, 2019
thesicilian:

U may be right but don't u think people in edo state are supposed to know if this is how they do it there
Re: . by Chimaokigwe: 2:50am On Jul 24, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
so he should start looking for anoda apartment when d current one is not even due....dats Bull, In Lagos it's 6months after your rent is due.. Date d law and no landlord can go contrary to it, if he does then he got the public defender to contend with........ Except there's nothing like a public defender in edo

Big, fat lie.

The tenancy law states that you get a minimum of 6 months quit notice for a yearly tenancy. It never said after your rent is due.

Quit notice can be given to you 11 months before your tenancy expires to lapse at the end of your tenancy but provided your tenancy still subsists, it must not be less than 6months.

Check the Lagos State tenancy law 2011.

(1) (Reply)

5 Bedroom Duplex With A Storey Building Bq For Sale In Okota / Ready To Build In An Estate On The Mainland - Look Here / Urgent Requests *available Now* A Client Need Ukraine Brand Of Pilling Shee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.