Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:57 AM

Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN (37922 Views)

UNICAL Begs Its Graduates To Come For Their Certificates / Nigeria Junior Secondary School English & Maths Exam Papers In 1946 / The Proposed Altanzeel Univeristy Kano By Isyaka Rabiu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by tunahper(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
My school is not there and i intended starting next year angry
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Ogaga87(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
So UNILAG is now known for antiquity abi.. There is God
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Damfostopper(m): 10:51pm On Jul 23, 2019
brushesz:
Babcock - Private
Covenant - Private

Privatisation is the only solution in this country.
I think it's time to privatise 9ja.
are those they only private university in that list that is approved?..... Caleb university is what?.. Chinese university?

Abia poly is what?.... Malaysia polytechnic abi?

2 Likes

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Ugosample(m): 10:53pm On Jul 23, 2019
Onyemadonald:
ICAN is gradually championing a discrimination agenda in our Universities.

I don't think so sha

1 Like

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by mikkycoins(m): 10:55pm On Jul 23, 2019
Onyemadonald:

Discrimination among private and public schools, everything is about tribe to you
Federal university wukari
Osun state university
University of Benin
Abia poly
Police academy kano na private abi?
Its easier to test run with more accessible private unis than their over bureaucratic public counterparts

3 Likes

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by wakes: 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
shocked
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Ugosample(m): 10:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sirnuel:

Just look at your life, what is your achievement in life thus far??
People like you are the problem of this country, it is people like you that kept us in this position 60+ years after independence

Tribalism is all you know.

The rich are marrying themselves, Davido is with an Igbo girl

Yorubas control ICAN how does that benefit you in any way?? are you an accountant, are you among the yoruba controlling Ican?? there is a very big chance some of those yorubas controlling ican are married to Igbos, or have Igbo husbands.

but you, poor little you and your wretched life with nothing to show for it.

with the amount of hatred you walk around with, how do you even intend to progress and make it in life??

get a life bro, get a life.

get a life indeed
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Ugosample(m): 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
philip0906:

Slow your roll...Accounting students of Babcock university were charged ICAN fees during my time and had to take classes, compulsorily. It was charged into their tuition fees and Accounting became a 5 year course.

How many public uni students are willing to pay an extra 150k or so per session to take ICAN classes and write exams? They will probably burn down properties in the name of protest

oh really?

That's nice o

3 Likes

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by seborrhic: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
Damfostopper:

are those they only private university in that list that is approved?..... Caleb university is what?.. Chinese university?

Abia poly is what?.... Malaysia polytechnic abi?
Don't blame the Op.
Blame the dumb moderator that even after reading it chose to go with that dumb headline.
To me the news there is that even Abia poly with it's internal crisis and it's not so high a rating,higher institutions in Nigeria,was chosen as one of the pioneer institutions to run the program.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nemesis909: 11:01pm On Jul 23, 2019
MAYOWAAK:

The name of the current ICAN President is MAZI NNAMDI OKWUDIAGBO

He's not a Yoloba Moslem then he must be Loman Cathoric.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nemesis909: 11:03pm On Jul 23, 2019
philip0906:

Slow your roll...Accounting students of Babcock university were charged ICAN fees during my time and had to take classes, compulsorily. It was charged into their tuition fees and Accounting became a 5 year course.

How many public uni students are willing to pay an extra 150k or so per session to take ICAN classes and write exams? They will probably burn down properties in the name of protest

You've said it all.

Nigerians want Harvard education with Nekede fees.

1 Like

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by KhadLokun: 11:14pm On Jul 23, 2019
Everything about this country is fast becoming uninteresting. Any sane person will know that there is ulterior motive behind this scheme. Did ICAN want to say public schools like OAU, ABU, UNILORIN, IBADAN POLY, YABATECH does not qualified for their criteria. Yimu!

It was on before, met widely condemnation then pull down, again some set are bringing it up again. Continue to pull ICAN down! Who does not know that ICAN does not command earlier respect giving its institute again. This is after the era of fail one fail all. That was when real accountant was groom in this country.

Everything about this country is just being watered down daily. God help us o!
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by mrcurrency(m): 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
Yes uniosun get good standard ..... and does of you complaining is uniosun not a state owned school ?
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
What manner of discrimination is this? Where are all the public federal universities and state universities, no wonder people don't value ICAN anymore. Anyway screw Ican, if I find myself in one of the big 4 accounting firms, I'm opting for ACCA.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 23, 2019
Ericnrm:
And somehow the top ranked public schools aren't on the list
UNIBEN is a public school.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 24, 2019
philip0906:

Say what you know. Some of you just come on here to make baseless assumptions.

UNIBEN is on the list and it's a public UNI. I have coursemates who started running ICAN as from 100L. They're spending heavily. Those ones are just in a hurry to be chattered 'cause left for me, I don't see the rush when it's cheaper and easier in your final year. Why do some of you think only poor kids attend public Universities? What's 150k compared to how much you spend in 100L alone to clear admission?

1 Like

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Ijaycool(f): 12:30am On Jul 24, 2019
MAYOWAAK:

The name of the current ICAN President is MAZI NNAMDI OKWUDIAGBO

I think one of these info is incorrect

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Harddiskng(m): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
Say what you know. Some of you just come on here to make baseless assumptions.

UNIBEN is on the list and it's a public UNI. I have coursemates who started running ICAN as from 100L. They're spending heavily. Those ones are just in a hurry to be chattered 'cause left for me, I don't see the rush when it's cheaper and easier in your final year. Why do some of you think only poor kids attend public Universities? What's 150k compared to how much you spend in 100L alone to clear admission?

Lool relax. There was no mention of “poor” in the post you quoted. The poster was just trying to say it’s compulsory for these private school students whether they like it or not unlike public schools.

I think accounting is now 5 years in Babcock and Covenant, one extra year from the usual 4 years. Besides most if not all their graduates are already chartered upon finishing final year. It’s still well deserved if you ask me.

4 Likes

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by decco1878: 12:38am On Jul 24, 2019
Onyemadonald:
The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN) has taken another step towards awarding more subject-exemptions to graduates of deserving accredited institutions.

The Institute has planned to achieve this through a new programme known as MCATI. MCATI is an acronym for Mutual Cooperation Agreement with Tertiary Institutions.

By this, out of the fifteen (15) subjects that are written in the graduate stages of its professional examinations based on the new (2019) syllabus, graduates from Institutions where this agreement exist will now sit for only five (5) subjects (i.e only final level of the Institute’s examinations).

The basis of these additional exemption for the graduates of the deserving institutions is, according to ICAN, the subjects would have been thoroughly taught by the accredited institutions who sign in. Thus, ICAN sees it worthwhile to grant more exemptions to graduates of such institutions provided they abide by the agreement.

The subjects as per the new (2019) syllabus are as follows:

Foundation Level
1. Taxation
2. Business, Management and Finance
3. Financial Accounting
4. Management Information Systems
5. Business Law

Skills Level
1. Financial Reporting
2. Audit and Assurance
3. Corporate Strategic Management & Ethics
4. Performance Management
5. Public Sector Accounting and Finance

Professional Level (Final Stage)
1. Corporate Reporting
2. Advanced Audit and Assurance
3. Strategic Financial Management
4. Advanced Taxation
5. Case Study

By the MCATI, accounting graduates from deserving institutions will sit for only the five (5) papers in the final level of the institute’s examinations.

As of May, 2019, the following institutions have been enrolled in the MCATI with ICAN based on the information gathered on the Institute's website accessed by us.

1. Babcock University, Ilishan, Ogun State
2. Caleb University, Imota , Lagos
3. Convenant University, Ota, Ogun State
4. Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin
5. Federal University, Wukari
6. Joseph Ayo Babalola University, Ikeji-Arakeji,Osun State
7. Northwest University, Kano
8. Osun State University, Okuku
9. PAN Atlantic University, Lagos
10. University of Benin, Benin –City, Edo State
11. Abia State Polytechnic, Aba
12. Police Academy, Kano

SOURCE: https://www.trendingaccounting.com/2019/07/ican-moves-to-grant-more-exemptions-to.html
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Nobody: 12:43am On Jul 24, 2019
Harddiskng:

Lool relax. There was no mention of “poor” in the post you quoted. The poster was just trying to say it’s compulsory for these private school students whether they like it or not unlike public schools.

I think accounting is now 5 years in Babcock and Covenant, one extra year from the usual 4 years. Besides most if not all their graduates are already chartered upon finishing final year. It’s still well deserved if you ask me.
If there was no mention of the word 'poor', what then did he mean by "Ask them to pay 150k and they'll protest?" does he know whether they pay more than that?

Well, ICAN isn't made compulsory and that's why some students can start from level 1 while in school.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by macklef(m): 12:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Sirnuel:

Just look at your life, what is your achievement in life thus far??
People like you are the problem of this country, it is people like you that kept us in this position 60+ years after independence

Tribalism is all you know.

The rich are marrying themselves, Davido is with an Igbo girl

Yorubas control ICAN how does that benefit you in any way?? are you an accountant, are you among the yoruba controlling Ican?? there is a very big chance some of those yorubas controlling ican are married to Igbos, or have Igbo husbands.

but you, poor little you and your wretched life with nothing to show for it.

with the amount of hatred you walk around with, how do you even intend to progress and make it in life??

get a life bro, get a life.
You sef you dont have sense.

When you see a stupid post like the one you quoted,
Just scroll past it.
Your was not stupid, reason i am advicing you now.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Harddiskng(m): 12:48am On Jul 24, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
If there was no mention of the word 'poor', what then did he mean by "Ask them to pay 150k and they'll protest?" does he know whether they pay more than that?

Well, ICAN isn't made compulsory and that's why some students can start from level 1 while in school.

Of course even I would protest, if i was asked to pay compulsorily for ICAN during my undergraduate days in a Federal university grin grin

... but let me see the living soul that wants to protest in Babcock/Covenant (I am sure the person must have packed his/her bag and bade his/her friends farewell) grin

The poster was just stating a simple truth, Please lets read with an open mind. So we can all live in peace and harmony wink

4 Likes

Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by babtop2019: 2:30am On Jul 24, 2019
Has any polytechnic been involved in this?
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by babtop2019: 2:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Has any polytechnic been registered for this?
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by clems88(m): 3:56am On Jul 24, 2019
TAXATION was a nightmare to me "computing assessable profit" made calendar my companion grin
But wait...I don't think giving priority to Some institutions over some is OK. Standard and integrity is been compromised here.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by Oritsewhandey(m): 4:44am On Jul 24, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Hmmm... good concept but aren't the public schools interested?
Public tertiary institutions are listed, too. It's the headline that is misleading.
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by linohlex: 4:45am On Jul 24, 2019
philip0906:

pls, u may be willing but can't afford to
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by linohlex: 4:47am On Jul 24, 2019
babtop2019:
Has any polytechnic been involved in tis?
one Abia
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by noziz(m): 4:51am On Jul 24, 2019
If uniben no dey there, no other school go dey there. Greatest uniben!
Re: Babcock, Covenant Univeristy Accounting Graduates To Write Only 5 Papers In ICAN by ednut1(m): 5:24am On Jul 24, 2019
Nice one. grin all my best my future aca colleagues.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

17-year-old Ojo Jonathan Becomes Youngest Chartered Accountant In Nigeria / The Best Engineering Course To Study In Nigeria? / Jamb & Post Utme List Of Cut Off Marks For Various Nigerian Universities And Pol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.