Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,321 members, 7,808,080 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:52 AM

Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? (3075 Views)

Couple’s Wedding Set Tongues Wagging Over Age Difference (video) / Years Of Relationship Does Not Guarantee Whether It Last Or Not / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:12pm On Jul 23, 2019
Sexxkillz:
[/quote][quote author=Sexxkillz post=80566276]
I've already said what you've been repeating.

Therefore when I wrote the below, you should have simply accepted that, indeed, mixing apples with oranges (aka talking about the r/ship with an immature child) is completely off subject.

MrBrownJay1:
Hhmm let me try to explain it to you, the best I can.... At 15 yrs old, that person is still considered a child, thus not mature enough to knowingly make decision on adult matters (aka dating/sex etc). If you believe otherwise than I guess, you would also believe that a 18yr old dude "dating" a 8yr old child is just the same as a 35yr old dude dating a 25yr old chica, abi?!
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by Sexxkillz: 9:16pm On Jul 23, 2019
ok
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by frozen70(f): 9:27pm On Jul 23, 2019
Age or no age, love is the only thing needed for marriage to work
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by sammycashly: 8:39am On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=tizzyhands post=80551040]Age-gap in relationship and marriage

Age difference in a relationship is simply taking into consideration the ages of both partners in a relationship. In relationships/marriages, many people dispute if age should really be taken into consideration. Why want to stop loving your heart desire just because he or she is 10, 20, or 30 years older than you? Should it matter that you are both 20 and feel ripe to tie the knot together?

What about when the relationship or marriage does not work out; is there an acceptable “age” for divorce? Although this may be personal issues to which there’s no wrong or right answer but one can still garner some wisdom from studies and other people’s experiences.

What about when the relationship or marriage does not work out; is there an acceptable “age” for divorce? Although this may be personal issues to which there’s no wrong or right answer but one can still garner some wisdom from studies and other people’s experiences.

Society myths about age difference in a relationship

The society at large holds a negative impression regarding age differences in a relationship which makes people be obsessive with it. And, that is why individuals start developing feelings for people outside their age brackets as individuals think their feelings are wrong. If you both are on the same level of maturity, never allow the attached age number impede your decision. Just like spouses who are the same age, if you are not on the same page, things will certainly appear difficult.

Also, society expects all individuals to age and develop at the same rate not just judging dating outside our ages. It is often said that “with age comes maturity”, which is a mere myth. We experience maturity after several experiences we came across in life as you don’t just automatically become mature on your 25th birthday. Maturity can occur at a very young age, or maybe, you never actually mature.

Furthermore, society makes us feel that we have lived and are continuing to live incorrectly if we haven’t discovered ourselves by our mid-twenties. We all have several plans to achieve a certain thing by a certain age, but the reverse might be the case as we tend not to achieve those goals at that particular time.

Most people do say, “Act your age.” As we all are expected to leave behind our childish behaviors at our grade 12 classes and be grown up “adults.” That is not the case for everyone, though, because we all are different human beings with our natural paths.

Age difference in a relationship among couples

A study by the New York Post deduced that the bigger the age difference, the shorter the marriage. Its dispute here is that couples from different generations have several values and cultural reference points, opposite choices in music/film, very different approaches to their sex life, and very different sets of pals. The article concluded that spouses with a 20-year age difference are 95% more likely to divorce than a spouse with only a one-year age gap.

Read Also: https://relhealth.com/common-mistakes-in-a-relationship-22-best-proven-tips/

age difference in a relationship
Does the age difference in marriage bring about divorce?

According to the Institute for Family Studies Blog, they dispute that the longer you wait to tie the knot, the better; but not too long. The blog deduced that young couples under the age of 25 stand a higher chance of experiencing divorce than couples who married in their late twenties.

What is my own with age difference..... You see better woman... Abeg marry.... Forget about age differnce
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by sammycashly: 8:43am On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=tizzyhands post=80551040]Age-gap in relationship and marriage

Age difference in a relationship is simply taking into consideration the ages of both partners in a relationship. In relationships/marriages, many people dispute if age should really be taken into consideration. Why want to stop loving your heart desire just because he or she is 10, 20, or 30 years older than you? Should it matter that you are both 20 and feel ripe to tie the knot together?

Society myths about age difference in a relationship

The society at large holds a negative impression regarding age differences in a relationship which makes people be obsessive with it. And, that is why individuals start developing feelings for people outside their age brackets as individuals think their feelings are wrong. If you both are on the same level of maturity, never allow the attached age number impede your decision. Just like spouses who are the same age, if you are not on the same page, things will certainly appear difficult.

Also, society expects all individuals to age and develop at the same rate not just judging dating outside our ages. It is often said that “with age comes maturity”, which is a mere myth. We experience maturity after several experiences we came across in life as you don’t just automatically become mature on your 25th birthday. Maturity can occur at a very young age, or maybe, you never actually mature. My own is basically love abounds
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by mibrims: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
Sexxkillz:
Well, all I know is that life is funny.

A 25 year-old guy dating a 15 year old girl is termed Child Abuse.

A 35 year-old guy dating a 25 year-old girl is considered OK.

The age gap in the two scenarios is 10 years....

Head usage is highly recommended in issues this sensitive.

Not a rocket science bro! Dating and marriage is not for children and government made us understand that anyone below the age of 18 is still considered a child. That said! 28yra old with 18 yrs in a relationship is not really bad.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by tizzyhands(m): 10:19pm On Jul 24, 2019
Sexxkillz:

Again, the answer to the age gap question is very wide. This also proves it.
Age in relationship shouldn't make you let go your dream wife/husband provided you both love each other and have attained adult stage.
You can also check out common mistakes people do in relationships that ruin their dream husband or wife. Read more https://relhealth.com/common-mistakes-in-a-relationship-22-best-proven-tips/
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Jul 24, 2019
How so?

Lowkeey01:
In this modern age, It matters a lot.
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by nonut: 9:05am On Jul 27, 2019
Biglittlelois:
I had this problem once, was considering dating a man one time and we were getting along fine, one day something made me ask of his age, turns out he is 2 years younger than me, he actually thought I was younger than him cos I do not look my age at all, I had to withdraw cos our society frowns are stuffs like that, especially parents lol,

My point is Age shouldn't be a barrier for love and affection, go for what you think is right for you and hope for the best.
Funny advice.
You couldn't go through with it, but you still want others to go ahead with it.
What should I call you?
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by nonut: 9:09am On Jul 27, 2019
Sexxkillz:

Again, the answer to the age gap question is very wide. This also proves it.
Hothead, Lol.
You're still in nairaland? Thought you left?
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by tizzyhands(m): 2:22am On Sep 23, 2019
Sexxkillz you've nailed it. Thanks
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by Nobody: 3:48am On Sep 23, 2019
24kmagic:
Well, to me, yes, it does.

What will I be doing with a girl that I'm not at least five years older than?

When I'm ready to be committed, 18-23 is what I will look out for.

I no like old girls abeg

Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by monerozi5590: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2019
The younger the fresher the sweater. Ask Sunusi and Ned.
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by tizzyhands(m): 2:37am On Oct 02, 2019
monerozi5590:
It matters but not as illustrated in that picture..
Re: Age Difference In A Relationship: Does It Really Matter? by MrBrownJay1(m): 3:54am On Oct 02, 2019
24kmagic:
Well, to me, yes, it does.

What will I be doing with a girl that I'm not at least five years older than?

When I'm ready to be committed, 18-23 is what I will look out for.

I no like old girls abeg

monerozi5590:

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Relocate To Meet My Future Husband / Hilarious Ways Some Nigerian Ladies Ask Guys For Airtime / After Paying Long List Of Bride Price: She Still Slept With EX Before Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.