Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,712 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear (8264 Views)

Unending Delays On Shipments With Grimaldi / My Eod 04 Gear Is Misbehaving After Servicing / How Can I Economize My Eod Fuel Consumption. Its Killing Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 2:56pm On Oct 14, 2010
Hi Guys, please help me out. I use a 2004 Honda Accord (EOD). It’s automatic transmission. I noticed recently that the car delays in selecting gear or rather in changing from one gear to another and when it’s eventually changing gear, it jerks forward forcefully. For instance after starting the car and accelerating to a point where ordinarily it should change gear, the car will only be making huge noise and if it eventually selects the next gear, it comes with a forceful jerk. This is very inconveniencing for me.
Because I reside in Abuja, I took this to an auto-diagnostics workshop. They checked the gear box and told me that there’s no problem with the gear box; that it is still okay. Furthermore, this is something that happens from time to time. In order words, it is not consistent. I’m therefore confused. This is a clean car that I imported less than 2 months ago from the US and even after it was imported, I took the car to a good auto diagnostics workshop and carried out complete auto diagnosis on the car to confirm if anything is wrong with the car before I paid the balance for the car. I was told the car is in a perfect condition and I sealed off the transaction. I’m therefore perplexed with what is happening. Please our very experienced folk (especially those with experience in using EOD), what’s wrong with my car and what do I do?
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by iyatrustee(f): 3:03pm On Oct 14, 2010
i had the same problem with mine(2005) last month. some guys close to Games Village Fixed it for me. his name is Olu or Alfa.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 3:23pm On Oct 14, 2010
@iyatrustee, did u have to change your gear box? I also wont mind if u can let me have the contact no. of the guy
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by 702: 3:32pm On Oct 14, 2010
u mite need to completely drain atf and replace wiv a new 1. , Possibly the gear box leather is burnt and mite need a change, or sensor perhaps!!
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by iyatrustee(f): 3:37pm On Oct 14, 2010
i didnt change it. even though them wan do me one chance since i be woman grin grin grin but seriously, they only serviced it as they claimed something inside the gear box was faulty. would search for their no and send it to you. but u can trace them. if you are going to Games Village from Area 1 roundabout, the Juction on your left before u get to Games Village where there are mechanics. i would search for the nos and send it
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by ireneann: 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2010
@poster, when was the last time you changed your transmission fluid? You can start from there first.
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 4:30pm On Oct 14, 2010
@Ireneann, changing the ATF was our first attempt at solving the problem but even after that, the problem persisted. We were therefore forced to try other solutions.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by Denn(m): 6:25pm On Oct 14, 2010
before attempting an expensive change of transmission, pls review steps stated below.

1. does your transmission fluid smell burnt? is the colour brownish?
2. confirm that there is no leak, this should be noticeable minutes after parking,
3. scans conducted using cheap obd tools might not detect all manufacturer related DTCs (Diagnostic Trouble Code). The same way you cant browse on your nokia 3310. Visit an advanced diagnostic shop with honda specific scanners or Universal scanners like the V30.
4. it is not advisable to push your transmission during this stress period as it may damage more components beyond repair. a simple sensor problem might later turn to total transmission overhaul very soon.

please revert.

1 Like

Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by baconline(m): 9:57pm On Oct 14, 2010
Have yur mech change the Brain Valve in the transmission.Probability that it might cause it is high.It will cost about 5k,during which d oil will be drained
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by rydeorsail(m): 4:23am On Oct 15, 2010
just ask ur mech to check the front shaft, probably 1 of the boris, and change the transmision oil, drive it for like 2 to 6 days if
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 8:23am On Oct 15, 2010
@Denn, to answer your questions, the transmission fluid does not smell as u mentioned and there's no visible change in color. On the leakage, yes there was before now, but it was rectified and the leakage has stopped. We've also changed the ATF after the leakage was rectified. I used for 2 days before the problem returned.
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by EEL: 9:14am On Oct 15, 2010
It may be any of these solenoid prob (P07XX) but a simple scan will reveal it all to avoid a guess work or further damage.
Firstly, is your Check Engine Light ON? Even if not, you may still need a scan.

Best Regards

1 Like

Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 9:26am On Oct 15, 2010
@EEL, the check engine light is off and the 2 scans i did revealed nothing. All the scans revealed that there's nothing wrong with the gear box that's why I'm very confused.
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by EEL: 9:50am On Oct 15, 2010
OK, which type of scanner did you use, Try and get a Launch X431 Master.

Best Regards
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by webmaster3: 10:02am On Oct 15, 2010
This same issue happened to me too,although mine is 4cyl. When its on D does it blink?. Mine was solved by servicing the solenoids. Try get someone to check your solenoids.
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by Huss4me: 11:01am On Oct 15, 2010
There's nothing wrong with your gear box all you need to do is to change your transmission fluid. becos the same thing happened to me last december while i was traveling.[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by shaddie(m): 4:20pm On Oct 15, 2010
@EEL, I just returned from an auto workshop where I did a comprehensive auto scan. Those who reside in Abuja will know the place- Jethro. I think after them, they only other place i can visit in Abuja is Honda Place (which obviously is very expensive). Their scan still didn't show anything different (that the gear box is intact) hence they decided to just service the gear box and said we should try the car. But the problem still continued.

He then said it must be an electrical fault. that they'll work on it and replace the sensor. I'm however not convinced as I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between the gear box and what he mentioned. I told him I'll think about it as I'm tired of trial and error suggestions which is already costing me so much. Do u think that could be the problem? Any hope that it could be the solution?
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by Denn(m): 5:30pm On Oct 15, 2010
shaddie:

@EEL, I just returned from an auto workshop where I did a comprehensive auto scan. Those who reside in Abuja will know the place- Jethro. I think after them, they only other place i can visit in Abuja is Honda Place (which obviously is very expensive). Their scan still didn't show anything different (that the gear box is intact) hence they decided to just service the gear box and said we should try the car. But the problem still continued.

He then said it must be an electrical fault. that they'll work on it and replace the sensor. I'm however not convinced as I'm still trying to figure out the relationship between the gear box and what he mentioned. I told him I'll think about it as I'm tired of trial and error suggestions which is already costing me so much. Do u think that could be the problem? Any hope that it could be the solution?

if the diagnosis reported no error, how come he diagnosed it was a sensor problem

1 Like

Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by Denn(m): 5:55pm On Oct 15, 2010
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by muazzam(m): 6:09pm On Oct 15, 2010
Hello,

Complement of the day and well wishes. My sister i have thesame problem with my car.Please my email address is muazzamu_1985@yahoo.com. My phone number is 07093748008. please kindly send me the Alfa's number.Thank you and may God Bless You.

Best regards,

Muazzam.
Re: Help, My Eod Is Delays In Changing Gear by Destinystar: 5:49pm On Nov 04, 2014
My car (Honda accord 1998 model) had such problem and it happened that one sensor switch (popularly known as black switch) that regulates change of gear was broken, which the mechanic fixed with the type for manual gear transmission type because they looked alike. After mistakenly using the manual gear black switch for the replacement of the broken one, the problem started. However, the issue was later resolved by an electrician who detected that the wrong black switch type was used; therefore, he bought another black switch (i.e for auto transmission gear type) and the problem ceased. Meanwhile, he said he bought the switch N2000.

(1) (Reply)

Understand Your Brake System / DIY Guides: How To Fix An Overheating Car / Fiat Chrysler Want To Block Mahindra's "Jeep Clone" Roxor From Entering US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.