Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,418 members, 7,781,222 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:51 AM

Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said (26191 Views)

Ahmad Lawan: Court Can't Stop Amendment Of Signed Electoral Act / Buhari Writes Senate, Seeks Amendment Of PIA / Falana On Grazing Routes: Under Land Use Act, FG Only Controls FCT (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Jax1: 10:17am On Jul 24, 2019
gwarotango:
RUGA is a policy that must come to pass wether you like it or not. Its just a matter of time

Then get ready to spill your blood
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by PFRB: 10:38am On Jul 24, 2019
psucc:
In fact if anything the land should be vest ed on individuals and not state government. I know he wu want to twist it so that land regulations can be vested on the FG. That is legislative approach to RUGA

This is exactly the agenda.
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by gwarotango: 10:51am On Jul 24, 2019
Jax1:

Then get ready to spill your blood
Bring it on. We are ready for you
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by obama30: 10:52am On Jul 24, 2019
auntysimbiat:
[img]http://1.bp..com/-p0Afty0TXrM/XTdq2Sjr5DI/AAAAAAAAueY/pZ0yVACKMocoQo42OblNFU6KzOYlONBLgCLcBGAs/s640/Senate-President-Ahmed-Lawan-768x446.jpg[/img]
President of the Senate, Ahmed Lawan has suggested the amendment of the Land Use Act of 1978 to address the problems of housing deficit in the country.

Lawan said this in Abuja on Monday at the 13th Abuja International Housing Show with the theme: ”Driving Sustainable Housing Finance Models in the Midst of Global Uncertainties”.

“I am aware that there are critical areas that require legislative intervention such as the land use act, the National Housing Fund, housing regulation, and many more enabling policies.

“It is in my agenda to see to it that all policies required to get us closer to our collective dreams are achieved,” he said.
Represented by Sen. Ashiru Oyelola, Lawan said that the show would be used to dialogue on developing issues.
He said it would be used to fashion out ways to work as a team of collaborators and proffer sustainable solutions that will improve the quantity and quality of housing delivery.

“It is indeed remarkable to have a platform like this for all major stakeholders in housing and construction to dialogue on developing issues and fashion out ways to work as a team.

“This will help the country proffer sustainable solutions that will improve the quantity and quality of housing delivery,” he said.
According to him, there is no better time for the country to move faster in its ambition to provide decent shelter for everyone.
`It is indeed a core mandate for us to deal with one of man’s greatest needs with the urgency and competence that it requires.
“As the Senate President, I recognise the importance of housing, and even more so, the ability of forums such as this to influence housing policies.

“There is a lot for everyone to take from a forum of this magnitude in order to contribute qualitatively to whatever our stakes are in the sub sector,” he noted.

The Managing Director of the show, Mr Festus Adebayo, reminded the audience that Abuja International Housing Show was not a talk show.
“We are here to use this medium to proffer practical solutions to familiar problems, with far reaching effects across the continent,” he said.
Adebayo said that the project was out to realise a housing sector that would not only shelter man, but contribute to the Gross Domestic Product (GDP), provide jobs and economic opportunities.

He said that the show would open doors of opportunities for developers, mortgage banks, investors and governments to access alternative and cheap finances for housing and construction projects.

“From previous experiences, developers and investors have been able to key into numerous funding options that are presented at the show,” he said.

Adebayo said that the previous shows were able to attract the right local and global audience with competitive value and substance.
Chairman on the occasion Ibrahim Bunu, former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, said that assembling local and international stakeholders of repute to deliberate on the way forward for the critical sub-sector of the economy was no mean feat.

He said: “the global housing market including Nigeria is in desperate need of new ideas and alternatives to financing housing development.
“I am aware that recommendations from previous shows have greatly influenced housing legislation, innovations, and served as a platform to call relevant stakeholders to action.

“ I am confident that this event will demystify the barriers and suggest the most sustainable and practical approaches to a robust housing sector that not only provides shelter, but jobs and economic opportunities,’’ he said.

SOURCE: https://onlinereviewng.com/blog/2019/07/23/lawan-suggests-amendment-of-land-use-act-see-what-he-said/

(According to him, there is no better time for the country to move faster in its ambition to provide decent shelter for everyone.)
A country that never see that education is deliver is talking about houseing standard house for everyone.

Nigerian's say no to amendment of land act, your simple planing a way to give federal useless goverment power to take our lands for RUGA, there's enough land in Sabisa build and develop there first
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Jax1: 10:57am On Jul 24, 2019
gwarotango:
Bring it on. We are ready for you

We have sent your useless brothers packing with their RUGA madness. So the joke is on you to bring it on.

2 Likes

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by philos(m): 11:08am On Jul 24, 2019
Mr. Senate President, the RUGA Agenda is already dead on arrival.
Your dull brain cannot match our collective smartness. If your amendment to the Land Use Act has any value, it should be to vest ownership of lands in private individuals.
Enough of this "RUGA From the Back Door". IT HAS FAILED. Any means you want to bring it back, we the Southerners are ready to match force with force!
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Kamoryemi2580(m): 11:33am On Jul 24, 2019
Racoon:
Stupid man! All is subtly tilt towards RUGA.

Do you know that, under the current Land use act ...even I you buy your land today with all the necessary documents,,the law states that the land can be repo by the FG after 100 years.
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by wakes: 11:42am On Jul 24, 2019
philos:
Mr. Senate President, the RUGA Agenda is already dead on arrival.
Your dull brain cannot match our collective smartness. If your amendment to the Land Use Act has any value, it should be to vest ownership of lands in private individuals.
Enough of this "RUGA From the Back Door". IT HAS FAILED. Any means you want to bring it back, we the Southerners are ready to match force with force!
smiley
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by themanderon: 11:46am On Jul 24, 2019
My fellow countrymen, I urge you all to be very wary of this present government of ours.
They already have a rubber stamp legislature and a subdued judiciary headed by a quota system sharia chief justice that will be ever ready to do their bidding as we saw in Osun state.
First it was the Fulani colony, then ruga, now this puppet is talking about amending whatever. All these shenanigans should show the discerning mind that we must be mindful of their plans in whatever guise it comes because all these are plans to take over southern Nigeria.
We need to be alive to their plans else you will wake up one day to see the Fulani man taking over your ancestral lands.
It happened in Illorin, who says it cannot happen again.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 24, 2019
[s]
abusurv:
For those of you criticising the Senate president who is more knowledgeable in environmental science,you are all ignorant what he is talking about .this issue has been on for a long time, seminars, workshop's and others has been held in the needs to amend the law.Surveyor's in the house will understand what am talking about.
The Senate president being a PhD holder in GIS knows that with out amending the land use act all the issues raised by various community, organizations and similar professional body's cannot be resolved.
For your information granting of grazing land for agricultural purpose is spelled out in the law and the power of granting such can be exercised by your local government chairman.
[/s]

TAKE YOUR STUPID KNOWLEDGE TO THE SAHEL, THAT'S WHERE IT BELONGS.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Nobody: 12:04pm On Jul 24, 2019
GOZIEKINGS:
Bring it on. We are waiting for ur RUGA. I promise you a stiff resistance from SE.

It's the entire Southern Nigerian States and close North Central States, let we South East don't carry it on our head
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by BlakKluKluxKlan(m): 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
psucc:
In fact if anything the land should be vest ed on individuals and not state government. I know he wu want to twist it so that land regulations can be vested on the FG. That is legislative approach to RUGA

Stupid bastard. Rubber stamp senate. Ruga in your mischievous mind.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Wallade(m): 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
Racoon:

You are very smart. That is the hidden agenda, despite some positive ideas they may present, the aim is RUGA.

1 Like

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by psucc(m): 1:44pm On Jul 24, 2019
gwarotango:
RUGA is a policy that must come to pass wether you like it or not. Its just a matter of time
I will have nothing to loss. But i can assure you that it will never be in my LGA.
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by joshua1000: 2:23pm On Jul 24, 2019
infact let them start giving land for free
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by abusurv(m): 5:56pm On Jul 24, 2019
My people are lost because they lack knowledge.
I thought you are going to disprove what I wrote instead you show that you lack manners and rude.
Next time read to get knowledge and don't be blinded by sentiment. The law will always triumph and it's there to guide you.
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by abusurv(m): 5:57pm On Jul 24, 2019
RugaTerrorist:
[s][/s]

TAKE YOUR STUPID KNOWLEDGE TO THE SAHEL, THAT'S WHERE IT BELONGS.
I thought you are going to disprove what I wrote instead you show that you lack manners and rude.
Next time read to get knowledge and don't be blinded by sentiment. The law will always triumph and it's there to guide you.
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jul 24, 2019
[s]
abusurv:

[/s]

2 Shares

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Mylove55(f): 8:07pm On Jul 24, 2019
Racoon:
mynd44 and seun rule 2 violated
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Mylove55(f): 8:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
[quote author=Jax1 post=80579585]

We have sent your useless brothers packing with their RUGA madness. So the joke is on you to bring it on. [/quote

Mynd44 and seun rule 2 violated
Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by Thazard(m): 1:19pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blue3k:
If only they stopped at giving individuals landownership rights. How land is transfered can be worked out by state. It would solve the dead capital issue and give banks a reason to lend if land is collateral.

Re: Lawan Suggests Amendment Of Land Use Act, See What He Said by orisa37: 8:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
GEOGRAPHER.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uche Nwosu: Okorocha's son in-law regains freedom from Police Custody / Man Who Trekked For Nigerian Army Gets Chieftancy Title, Car And 250k / Nigeria Is Sick And Empty, A laughing stock- Wole Soyinka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.