Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,295 members, 7,780,692 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:44 PM

My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara (4208 Views)

See How Voters Turned Out To Vote At Michael Okpara Umudike, Abia State / Kwankwaso Made A Political Blunder On Peter Obi - OldNairalander / Omoyele Sowore Visits Adamma Okpara, Michael Okpara's Wife In Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 9:04am On Jul 24, 2019
".....And I shall regret to my dying day, having taken part to advise Zik not to form the alliance with Chief Awolowo" -Dr Michael Okpara.

This was the confession of one of the most influential Igbo leaders when Zik betrayed Awolowo by running to form alliance with the north and they(the north oligarchy) made him(Zik) a ceremonial leader. Zik had the ace, the joker, in his hands to liberate Nigeria then. But he messed it up for a pot of porridge.
Awolowo begged Zik then to help liberate Nigeria. After Zik betrayed Awolowo, Awolowo came back to South West and developed it extensively. Zik started calling Awolowo a TRIBAL leader. Anyway, here we are, we all now witnesses to the fallout of Zik's behaviour!

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 9:13am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:
".....And I shall regret to my dying day, having taken part to advise Zik not to form the alliance with Chief Awolowo" -Dr Michael Okpara.

This was the confession of one of the most influential Igbo leaders when Zik betrayed Awolowo by running to form alliance with the north and they(the north oligarchy) made him(Zik) a ceremonial leader. Zik had the ace, the joker, in his hands to liberate Nigeria then. But he messed it up for a pot of porridge.
Awolowo begged Zik then to help liberate Nigeria. After Zik betrayed Awolowo, Awolowo came back to South West and developed it extensively. Zik started calling Awolowo a TRIBAL leader. Anyway, here we are, we all now witnesses to the fallout of Zik's behaviour!
U mean after awolowo and your yoruba friends betrayed zik in the western region and then u want him to form alliance with u ?

Oga we have internet today ...your press power is dead and igbos now dominate social media

2023 we would betray yorubas again and form alliance with north ...as pay back for 2015

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by ODVanguard: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2019
And Awolowo's greatest blunder, in my opinion, was his repeated attempts to form an alliance with a Zik who didn't regard him and saw him as a political threat. On atleast two occassions Awo went cap-in-hand to Zik to try to form a political alliance with him (as a junior partner) but was rebuffed at both times. The same fate awaits any future prospects of a Yoruba-Igbo political alliance. It will never work.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 9:22am On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

U mean after awolowo and your yoruba friends betrayed zik in the western region and then u want him to form alliance with u ?

Oga we have internet today ...your press power is dead and igbos now dominate social media

2023 we would betray yorubas again and form alliance with north ...as pay back for 2015

You're a kid!

7 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by WisdomFlakes: 9:25am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

You're a kid!

He sure does sound like one.

7 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 9:30am On Jul 24, 2019
ODVanguard:
And Awolowo's greatest blunder, in my opinion, was his repeated attempts to form an alliance with a Zik who didn't regard him and saw him as a political threat. On atleast two occassions Awo went cap-in-hand to Zik to try to form a political alliance with him (as a junior partner) but was rebuffed at both times. The same fate awaits any future prospects of a Yoruba-Igbo political alliance. It will never work.
I wouldn't call it a "blunder" for Awolowo. Awolowo's intentions were noble and he believed so much in progressive doctrine of governance. He saw the northern oligarchy as a threat to an even and just Nigeria. They even jailed him because he stood against northern interests. That's what prompted him to approach Zik. He begged Zik to see reason. Zik agreed. On the day when the alliance was to be formed, Zik INSTEAD ran to the north! He left Awolowo stranded and vulnerable. Awolowo was determined. That's why he declared free education, built the cocoa house (first skyscraper in Nigeria), built the first TV station (among many other firsts), in South West to facilitate development. What did Zik call him? A TRIBAL LEADER!
I'm sure their Kanu of IPOB isn't a TRIBAL LEADER right now.
History is there to learn from. We must know where we're coming from. This isn't propaganda. It's the truth. I won't banter words with any Igbo kid that comes here to rant over what is not.
May God heal Nigeria!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 9:44am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

You're a kid!
Shut up
Knowledge has nothing to do with age ...the whole gist is online like awolowo like abiola like tinubu non will rule nigeria

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 9:46am On Jul 24, 2019
ODVanguard:
When u took the western region he won few years later u go to beg for alliance. ...and expect him to trust u ?

U guys must think u are smart

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 9:47am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

I wouldn't call it a "blunder" for Awolowo. Awolowo's intentions were noble and he believed so much in progressive doctrine of governance. He saw the northern oligarchy as a threat to an even and just Nigeria. They even jailed him because he stood against northern interests. That's what prompted him to approach Zik. He begged Zik to see reason. Zik agreed. On the day when the alliance was to be formed, Zik INSTEAD ran to the north! He left Awolowo stranded and vulnerable. Awolowo was determined. That's why he declared free education, built the cocoa house (first skyscraper in Nigeria), built the first TV station (among many other firsts), in South West to facilitate development. What did Zik call him? A TRIBAL LEADER!
History is there to learn from. We must know where we're coming from. This isn't propaganda. It's the truth. I won't banter words with any Igbo kid that comes here to rant over what is not.
May God heal Nigeria!

Why do u criminally pretend u dont know why Zik called awolowo tribal leader ?

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by ODVanguard: 9:53am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

May God heal Nigeria!

Well, personally, I think that Awolowo, in spite of his brilliance, was in some ways politically naive. His intransigent posture when it came to working politically with the North really messed him up. Zik was, in my view, a more pragmatic politician in the Nigerian context. Zik had enough intelligence to realize that the political structure the British bequeated at independence gave the North an intimidating political advantage, and he exploited that by working with the North to advance his people's political aspirations within the Nigerian political space. He wasn't as emotional/sentimental (politically) as Awo was so he was willing to overlook many of the reasons why Awo felt he couldn't work with the Northerners, in order to further his/igbo political aims. That was why he was able to successfully use that political advantage to ensure the igbos occupied and dominated very strategic positions at every level of the Nigerian civil service, army, educational institutions, and beyond at the time.

Awo on the other hand felt that the Northerners were too uncivilized for him to work with politically. But while he may have been right in his estimation that the North abysmally lagged behind the South educationally, he failed to appreciate their political sophistication, hence his limited success at the centre, politically. The North on the other hand, being well aware of its political advantage, is always ready to work with any willing political bloc in the South.

The Akintola/Awo issue came up because Akintola felt the Yorubas were better off being in alliance with the North (by then he had seen what Zik was able to use his Northern alliance to achieve for his people), as opposed to wallowing in the opposition while waiting endlessly for a Zik/Awo alliance that would never happen.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 10:18am On Jul 24, 2019
ODVanguard:

Well, personally, I think that Awolowo, in spite of his brilliance, was in some ways politically naive. His intransigent posture when it came to working politically with the North really messed him up. Zik was, in my view, a more pragmatic politician in the Nigerian context. Zik had enough intelligence to realize that the political structure the British bequeated at independence gave the North an intimidating political advantage, and he exploited that by working with the North to advance his people's political aspirations within the Nigerian political space. He wasn't as emotional/sentimental (politically) as Awo was so he was willing to overlook many of the reasons why Awo felt he couldn't work with the Northerners, in order to further his/igbo political aims. That was why he was able to successfully use that political advantage to ensure the igbos occupied and dominated very strategic positions at every level of the Nigerian civil service, army, educational institutions, and beyond at the time.

Awo on the other hand felt that the Northerners were too uncivilized for him to work with politically. But while he may have been right in his estimation that the North abysmally lagged behind the South educationally, he failed to appreciate their political sophistication, hence his limited success at the centre, politically. The North on the other hand, being well aware of its political advantage, is always ready to work with any political bloc in the South.

The Akintola/Awo issue came up because Akintola felt the Yorubas were better off being in alliance with the North (by then he had seen what Zik was able to use his Northern alliance to achieve for his people), as opposed to wallowing in the opposition while waiting endlessly for a Zik/Awo alliance that would never happen.

True! But you mustn't forget the raison d'être of Awolowo's expressed fears way back then. You said Zik recognised the rulership bequeathed to the north by the British. Well, if that were the case, I think you missed the point that had Zik gone into alliance with Awolowo, take it or leave it, the north would have been emasculated by now because many north central states would've have alligned with the Zik/Awo alliance. I said it earlier that Zik had the joker in his hands. He instead played onto that hands of the north in lieu of more civilised accord with Awo. You see, Zik had felt he would be able to control the north. He felt they were stupid people and not as suave as the south west. He pitched his tent there. When that wasn't working, you know what and what led to the civil war eventually. It wasn't Political ingenuity from Zik. It was political greed and a plan of domination and it backfired eventually. When the civil war was about to break out, this same Awo went to their leader there and ADVISED HIM NOT TO GO TO WAR YET. Read the history very well, Awo was almost killed by irate Biafran soldiers and on getting back home, Awo was arrested by Nigerian government for TREASON! Yorubas contributed soldiers to the Nigerian army fighting the Biafran soldiers but that's where it ended until OJUKWU ATTEMPTED to make inroads here after he overan Asaba. That's when the likes of Awolowo rose up and showed that brain is ultimate, not brawn, when it comes to warfare.
Back to the discourse here, Awolowo RECOGNISED what we are all suffering now. He attempted to SHIFT the political balance with Zik. Zik reneged and followed what he believed was political gain at the expense of many things. If Zik had realised that it's better to work with Awolowo, he'd have laid his joker on Awo's table rather than trying to see how he can subdue a "foolish" north. He was badly mistaken.
Fast forward to today, Igbos are as beautiful as they come. No doubts about that. But history is history. Truth is truth!

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 10:23am On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

How did Awolowo betrayed Zik in western region?

7 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by PFRB: 10:33am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

You're a kid!

Because he is telling the truth as plain as a kid would. No qualms.

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 24, 2019
Zik had the ace, the joker, in his hands to liberate Nigeria then. But he messed it up for a pot of porridge.
Awolowo begged Zik then to help liberate Nigeria. After Zik betrayed Awolowo, Awolowo came back to South West and developed it extensively. Zik started calling Awolowo a TRIBAL leader.

History always repeats itself.

Relating to today's politics..

Same way Awolowo stretched that hand to Zik (SE) but Zik chose the other divide as alleged, is the same way the south is stretching its hand to the (SW), we all hope it does not take the path Zik took for same pot of porridge.

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Ojoji(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

When u took the western region he won few years later u go to beg for alliance. ...and expect him to trust u ?

U guys must think u are smart

I believe it is good for us southern people to know where our Fathers got it wrong. This altitude not able to form alliance down south here will continue to undermine our future. We may have different ideology, belief or anything but the same future awaiting us. No alliance between north with any part of the south can yield good result for us in the south whether the one in the past or present.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 10:44am On Jul 24, 2019
Ojoji:

I believe it is good for us southern people to know where our Fathers got wrong. This altitude not able to form alliance down south here will continue to undermine our future. We may have different ideology, belief or anything but the same future awaiting us. No alliance between north with any part of the south can yield good result for us in the south whether the one in the past or present.
In 2015 u sided a northerner against a southern brother
Now u want 2023 when its igbo turn ? Pick an igbo candidate and support to prove u care about south

The fact u guys need to get is this ...the next southern president must be an igbo ( south south or south east )
If u say no let the north keep ruling

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 10:45am On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:

How did Awolowo betrayed Zik in western region?
Playing the tribal game after zik won awo in western nigeria u want to pretend u dont know ?

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 10:48am On Jul 24, 2019
Esseite:

Relating to today's politics..

Same way Awolowo stretched that hand to Zik (SE) but Zik chose the other divide as alleged, is the same way the south is stretching its hand to the (SW), we all hope it does not take the path Zik took for same pot of porridge.

History would repeat its self

2023 is pay back for 2015 ....

The only way out is for south west to support an igbo candidate let the east did in 1999

If not let north keep ruling

1 Like

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by ODVanguard: 10:49am On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

True! But you mustn't forget the raison d'être of Awolowo's expressed fears way back then. You said Zik recognised the rulership bequeathed to the north by the British. Well, if that were the case, I think you missed the point that had Zik gone into alliance with Awolowo, take it or leave it, the north would have been emasculated by now because many north central states would've have alligned with the Zik/Awo alliance. I said it earlier that Zik had the joker in his hands. He instead played onto that hands of the north in lieu of more civilised accord with Awo. You see, Zik had felt he would be able to control the north. He felt they were stupid people and not as suave as the south west. He pitched his tent there. When that wasn't working, you know what and what led to the civil war eventually. It wasn't Political ingenuity from Zik. It was political greed and a plan of domination and it backfired eventually. When the civil war was about to break out, this same Awo went to their leader there and ADVISED HIM NOT TO GO TO WAR YET. Read the history very well, Awo was almost killed by irate Biafran soldiers and on getting back home, Awo was arrested by Nigerian government for TREASON! Yorubas contributed soldiers to the Nigerian army fighting the Biafran soldiers but that's where it ended until OJUKWU ATTEMPTED to make inroads here after he overan Asaba. That's when the likes of Awolowo rose up and showed that brain is ultimate, not brawn, when it comes to warfare.
Back to the discourse here, Awolowo RECOGNISED what we are all suffering now. He attempted to SHIFT the political balance with Zik. Zik reneged and followed what he believed was political gain at the expense of many things. If Zik had realised that it's better to work with Awolowo, he'd have laid his joker on Awo's table rather than trying to see how he can subdue a "foolish" north. He was badly mistaken.
Fast forward to today, Igbos are as beautiful as they come. No doubts about that. But history is history. Truth is truth!

Well, for me, there really are no 'saints' or 'sinners' when it comes to politics because it's all about interests. It's the same reason why even during the last election, both the Yorubas and Igbos/SS were ready to vote for separate Fulani men (even though under different platforms) even while there were other ethnicities vying for the presidency under other parties. In other words, we would've ended up with a Fulani/Northerner regardless of who won that election because the major Southern blocs had settled for their preferred Fulani/Northern candidate. If you ask me, I feel the original mistake started from the amalgamation of 1914 and right before independence when the Southerners insisted on the North being a part of the union as a condition for independence.

I can't say I blame Zik for refusing to work with Awolowo because he probably had his reasons which he must have felt was in the best interest of his igbo people. But I fault Awo's refusal to even consider working with the Northern establishment after being rebuffed by the same Zik. I feel that for as long as Nigeria continues to exist in its present form/political structure, the Yorubas cannot remain in perpetual opposition without a concrete strategy of playing mainstream politics (via formidable alliances).

Awo didn't want to pull the Yorubas out of Nigeria (Yoruba indpendence), yet he had no concrete strategy of gaining power at the centre in order to achieve his political aims for the country. Staying in opposition for too long comes at a huge cost, not just politically. He was clearly rigged out twice because he felt he could go it alone in becoming president of the country. I feel his experience during the federal elections of 1959 should've given him enough insights on how to play federal politics, but unfortunately he went on to repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Ojoji(m): 11:01am On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

In 2015 u sided a northerner against a southern brother
Now u want 2023 when its igbo turn ? Pick an igbo candidate and support to prove u care about south

The fact u guys need to get is this ...the next southern president must be an igbo ( south south or south east )
If u say no let the north keep ruling

You should know that statement we are looking at was made by one of the selfless politicians that ever lived in south east. My brother, the men of yesterday left with regret no doubt about that, we may not have opportunity to read Zik of Africa final statement but I will never forget AWO,s last birth statement 'one mistake in life can cause sorrow for ever'
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2019
ODVanguard:

Well, for me, there really are no 'saints' or 'sinners' when it comes to politics because it's all about interests. It's the same reason why even during the last election, both the Yorubas and Igbos/SS were ready to vote for separate Fulani men (even though under different platforms) even while there were other ethnicities vying for the presidency under other parties. In other words, we would've ended up with a Fulani/Northerner regardless of who won that election because the major Southern blocs had settled for their preferred Fulani/Northern candidate. If you ask me, I feel the original mistake started from the amalgamation of 1914 and right before independence when the Southerners insisted on the North being a part of the union as a condition for independence.

I can't say I blame Zik for refusing to work with Awolowo because he probably had his reasons which he must have felt was in the best interest of his igbo people. But I fault Awo's refusal to even consider working with the Northern establishment after being rebuffed by the same Zik. I feel that for as long as Nigeria continues to exist in its present form/political structure, the Yorubas cannot remain in perpetual opposition without a concrete strategy of playing mainstream politics (via formidable alliances).

Awo didn't want to pull the Yorubas out of Nigeria (Yoruba indpendence), yet he had no concrete strategy of gaining power at the centre in order to achieve his political aims for the country. Staying in opposition for too long comes at a huge cost, not just politically. He was clearly rigged out twice because he felt he could go it alone in becoming president of the country. I feel his experience during the federal elections if 1959 should've given him enough insights on how to play federal politics, but unfortunately he went on the repeat the same mistakes over and over again.

Ok! I'm glad you said all these.
-NO SINNER NO SAINT IN POLITICS
-Zik did what was right for IGBO INTERESTS by BETRAYING Awolowo (I'm sure you realise Awolowo and Zik had initially REACHED a gentleman's AGREEMENT to come together), not what he felt would be right for Nigeria as a whole.
-Awolowo wasn't suave politically because he chose NOT TO FORM ALLIANCE WITH NORTH AND FOR REMAINING IN OPPOSITION PERPETUALLY. But don't forget, I said Zik's decision left Awo in limbo. How would Awo now go to the north to form alliance when Zik had already done so against what they both(Zik/Awo) had already agreed on. Awo was jailed and humiliated on the advice of Zik to Balewa. Please, read that part of history very well. Awo was broken and emasculated by that decision. Akintola made matters worse.
-Who and who Amalgamated Nigeria? Not one single Nigerian was part of that deal. Check very well. Not one single Nigerian signature was there!

Anyway, what has happened has happened. Awolowo did what he had to do and Zik did what he did.
The Igbos crying foul that the west is subservient to Fulani, like you said, they also voted for another Fulani. It's pure hypocrisy in terms of political patronage.

History is history. Truth is truth!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2019
Ojoji:

You should know that statement we are looking at was made by one of the selfless politicians that ever lived in south east. My brother, the men of yesterday left with regret no doubt about that, we may not have opportunity to read Zik of Africa final statement but I will never forget AWO,s last birth statement 'one mistake in life can cause sorrow for ever'
Igbo presidency 2023 or north have it case closed
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 11:31am On Jul 24, 2019
mrvitalis:

Playing the tribal game after zik won awo in western nigeria u want to pretend u dont know ?

You’re a poor student of history. Zik’s party never won majority of seats in western region parliament at any point in time. AG won majority of seats followed by NCNC and Ibadan peoples party. So many independent candidates also won seats into the western parliament. Those that crossed over to the side of AG (even though the party already had majority of seats) when the parliament was inaugurated were parliamentarians from IPP and other independent candidates.

Awolowo and Zik never belonged to the same party before or after the western region election. They never had any agreement that Zik would be premier if AG won majority of seats. So, how did Awolowo betrayed Zik? Should Awo have allowed the minority party in parliament to form the western region government or what?

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by mrvitalis(m): 11:45am On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:

You’re a poor student of history. Zik’s party never won majority of seats in western region parliament at any point in time. AG won majority of seats followed by NCNC and Ibadan peoples party. So many independent candidates also won seats into the western parliament. Those that crossed over to the side of AG (even though the party already had majority of seats) when the parliament was inaugurated were parliamentarians from IPP and other independent candidates.

Awolowo and Zik never belonged to the same party before or after the western region election. They never had any agreement that Zik would be premier if AG won majority of seats. So, how did Awolowo betrayed Zik? Should Awo have allowed the minority party in parliament to form the western region government or what?
U are the one who has poor history

Who dosnt know zik majority vanished in one night
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by kettykin: 12:03pm On Jul 24, 2019
doclatom:

is it Zik that betrayed Awolowo or Awolowo that betrayed Zik, when did the Carpet crossing take place please before or after the so called proposal for Alliance
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by doclatom(m): 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2019
kettykin:

is it Zik that betrayed Awolowo or Awolowo that betrayed Zik, when did the Carpet crossing take place please before or after the so called proposal for Alliance

Zik was the betrayer. And one of those who goaded Zik into making that decision has come out to openly regret that decision. I didn't put those words into Dr Michael Okpara's mouth.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:

You are very dishonest or lack proper fact on history, Zik party won the majority but at the dead of the night there was cross carpeting and before day break Awo's party became the majority which was a painful betrayal that can give anybody a heart attack to his grave. And you want that same Zik to ever trust Awo in his life again right?
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by WisdomFlakes: 12:24pm On Jul 24, 2019
tommyken:

You are very dishonest or lack proper fact on history, Zik party won the majority but at the dead of the night there was cross carpeting and before day break Awo's party became the majority which was a painful betrayal that can give anybody a heart attack to his grave. And you want that same Zik to ever trust Awo in his life again right?

Lie from pits of hell. AG won that election as the majority, fair and square. Azikiwe's party came second so you must be reading your own history upside down. Ncnc were sore losers who tried to use propaganda to win what they lost fair and square.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2019
tommyken:

Go and ask for a refund from your history teacher. He/she taught you nonsense.

3 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 12:30pm On Jul 24, 2019
kettykin:

Another poor student of history. NCNC never won majority seats in western parliament at any point in time. IPP and independent parliamentarians simply crossed over to the party that had the majority. What exactly is the betrayal there?

2 Likes

Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by Nobody: 12:31pm On Jul 24, 2019
seunmsg:

Go and ask for a refund from your history teacher. He/she taught you nonsense.
I love one thing about you and its your boldness in falsehood and ignorance. Go to national achieve and retrieve historical fact so you don't disgrace your linage online again.
Re: My Greatest Political Blunder - Dr Michael Okpara by seunmsg(m): 12:49pm On Jul 24, 2019
tommyken:

I love one thing about you and its your boldness in falsehood and ignorance. Go to national achieve and retrieve historical fact so you don't disgrace your linage online again.

You’re the one disgracing your lineage with boldness my friend. The western regional parliament had 80 seats. After the 1951 election, AG won 38 seats, IPP won 6 seats, Ondo improvement league won 2 seats, Otu Edo won 3 seats, independent candidates won 3 seats and NCNC won 29 seats. So tell me, how did NCNC won majority of seats?

Provide link from your national archive to back up your lies. Olodo!

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Orders Revolutionaries To Capture Gov Ikpeazu As He Fleds To Village / Taliban Takeover: Taliban Is Likely Going To Work With ISWAP To Takeover Nigeria / EFCC V Okorocha: Court Adjourns To February 14, 2022

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.