Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:44 PM

Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' (1314 Views)

The Expensive Cars Asamoah Gyan And Adebayor Drove To Kumasi / Burkina Faso Vs Togo - AFCON 2013 (1 - 0) On February 3rd 2013 / Cote D'ivoire , Tunisia, Algeria . Togo - AFCON 2013 Group D (2) (3) (4)

Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by tunjikrown(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2006
Togo striker Emmanuel 'Sheyi' Adebayor says he is not worried about being punished by his French club Monaco because playing for his country is more important.

Adebayor helped the Hawks to a 1-0 win over Ghana in a friendly in Tunisia on Wednesday.

Yet when he returns to Monaco from the African Nations Cup he has been told he will be training with the juniors, because he failed to return to Monaco after France's winter break.

He had been training with his Togo team-mates and remained with them rather than returning to Monaco.

But the striker told BBC Sport: "They don't want me to play for my country, but I'm ready to die for my country."

"My country is my country and I'm going to play for them whether they like it or not."

I can't say that we will win the Nations Cup but we will do our best and see what happens

Emmanuel 'Sheyi' Adebayor

"I don't know how they can punish me, I love my country."

He is also considering his future with the French side.

"There are so many clubs who want to sign me in England, in Spain and everywhere," he said.

"So I'm going to think about what I should do and what's best for my career."

The 21-year-old believes that Togo, who beat Ghana 1-0 in a friendly on Wednesday in Tunisia, have now got over the euphoria of qualifying for the World Cup finals.

"Since we qualified for the World Cup our heads have been a bit all over the place, but now we have calmed down and are concentrating more in training," he said.

"It was very important for us to beat the Black Stars to give us more confidence.

"We have a lot of work to do.We have to progress because we are small team.

"I can't say that we will win the Nations Cup, but we will do our best and see what happens."

Togo open their Nations Cup campaign on 21 January against the DR Congo before games against Cameroon and Angola in Group B.

i love his spirit and im waiting for the MAGIC........ wink

Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by LoverBwoy(m): 3:24pm On Jan 18, 2006
Yea me too..
Only if more african players esp the nigeria players can put their foot down and express themselves more or just include it in their contract " I will die for my country" tongue

he is on his way to the Gunners!! grin

i wonder why its only african players havin the club vs country row though undecided
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by tunjikrown(m): 11:39pm On Jan 18, 2006
don't mind our boys ............they don't want to die a national hero............they prefare Club hero .lol
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by mochafella(m): 8:36am On Jan 22, 2006
Why does Adebayor's comment suddenly sound very hollow. rolleyes

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/africa/4636070.stm

Suddenly he's going home to see his mother after a disagreement with Stephen"Big Boss" Keshi.
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by Chxta(m): 8:27am On Jan 24, 2006
Typical...
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by LoverBwoy(m): 2:05pm On Jan 24, 2006
hmm true but

"the coach is trying to be my agent saying he wants to take me to england" ...i thing this is personally annoying its okay to advice him on transfers but thats where it should end, some coach are just greedy!

Is it okay for a coach to be acting as an agent?
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by otokx(m): 10:15am On Jan 26, 2006
this guy is just being over hyped. see what rigobert song did to him. He should go and practice some more.
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by tunjikrown(m): 3:13pm On Jan 26, 2006
otokx:

this guy is just being over hyped. see what rigobert song did to him. He should go and practice some more.

he really need to practise well.
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by 9ja4eva: 8:23pm On Jun 04, 2007
Oh im sef don change

Is he still dying for Togo?Dts wats dey say oh when dem dey find club
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by Mustay(m): 9:04pm On Jun 04, 2007
It's now been confirmed that ennui makes Nairalanders dig up d past like field researchers. Pity
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by Mustay(m): 9:05pm On Jun 04, 2007
D guy 4 follow d minister - rip die for that crash now. At least, that's a demonstration
Re: Adebayor: 'i'd Die For Togo' by 9ja4eva: 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2007
Bros i no dey understand u again oh

Nba. Nba. / Football And Money-making / Drop Ur Predictions On Tomorrows El-classico Barcelona Vs Madrid