Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,953 members, 7,803,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 10:12 AM

Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot (46257 Views)

Difference Between England, Uk, Great Britain And Northern Ireland. / Huge Meteor Spotted Burning Up Over Scotland And Northern Ireland (video) / 16-year-old Student Pilot Flies Medical Supplies To Rural Hospitals In Virginia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 12:50pm On Jul 24, 2019
About the pilot
The Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot is a community-driven program. It’s designed to spread the benefits of economic immigration to smaller communities by creating a path to permanent residence for skilled foreign workers who want to work and live in 1 of the participating communities.

The communities participating in the pilot are:

North Bay, ON
Sudbury, ON
Timmins, ON
Sault St. Marie, ON
Thunder Bay, ON
Brandon, MB
Rhineland/Plum Coulee /Gretna/Altona, MB
Moose Jaw, SK
Claresholm, AB
Vernon, BC
West Kootenay (Trail, Castlegar, Rossland, Nelson), BC

About the process
As a candidate, you need to find a job with an employer in 1 of the participating communities.

If a community endorses you and you’re successful in applying for permanent residence, you’ll then move there to work and live.

The application process for eligible candidates will begin as early as fall 2019. IRCC will provide more information at that time, including:

-details about who can apply
-what documents you need for your application

The attached step-by-step guide shows how the complete application process will work. Final details will be provided in fall 2019.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/about.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 12:51pm On Jul 24, 2019
The aim of this pilot is to support middle class jobs in rural and northern communities. Increasing levels of youth out-migration, declining fertility rates, and lower levels of immigration have drastically reduced the talent pool of these communities. The story is different in larger urban centres.

Since communities will be responsible for candidate recruitment and endorsement for permanent residence, interested candidates should start connecting with the key actors in these communities, research opportunities and prepare accordingly. This will also help to manage expectations.

If I were a candidate, by now, I would have researched which organization(s) sponsored the application of the community that I am interested in and start reaching out already e.g. Economic Development Organizations, Chambers of Commerce, Employment Agencies, the Municipality, etc., and even potential employers.

Don't forget that each community can nominate 250 candidates annualy. That may sound like a lot but pales into insignificance if you take into consideration that applicants would be applying from around the world, including from within Canada. I can tell you for free that these participating communities have already been flooded with expressions of interest and enquiries.

From my research*, Northern Ontario, where 5 of these communities are from, have skills shortages in the following occupations:

1. Personal support workers
2. Doctors
3. Skilled trades (Carpenters, Millwrights, Mechanics, Industrial Electricians, Machinists, HVAC, Ironworkers, Bricklayers, Electricians, Fitter/Welders and Plumbers)
4. Truck drivers
5. Retail trade personnel
6. Hospitality and tourism
7. Nurses

Please note that the above list is not intended to be exhaustive and labour needs can vary from one community to another.
NB: I will try to update the list from time to time

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by dustydee: 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2019
Let's see what the process will be like. By the way do you have a cic link?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by NothingDoMe: 3:00pm On Jul 24, 2019
dustydee:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/about.html

New and fresh(pardon the tautology). Just the way I like it. grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 11:16pm On Jul 24, 2019
dustydee:

Check the bottom of the original post

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by dustydee: 8:29am On Jul 25, 2019
40manlappy:

Check the bottom of the original post
Yeah, sorry I am a bit out of touch. I was expecting to see cic.gc.ca

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by bukaldrinio(m): 6:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
[quote author=40manlappy post=80583249][/quote]

thanks for the information

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 5:24am On Aug 03, 2019
SAULT STE MARIE: In anticipation of the upcoming Rural and Northern Immigration pilot project which Sault Ste. Marie will be hosting, we are seeking candidates who have trades experience/certifications in the following areas:
Millwrights, Mechanics, Industrial Electricians, Machinists, HVAC (313A ticket), Ironworkers, Bricklayers, Electricians, Fitter/Welders and Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. Please contact me at labourforce@cityssm.on.ca or upload a copy of your resume at https:///esuRcjk

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by iaatmguy(m): 9:41am On Aug 16, 2019
this should make front page

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by ashatoda: 1:40pm On Aug 16, 2019
40manlappy:
SAULT STE MARIE: In anticipation of the upcoming Rural and Northern Immigration pilot project which Sault Ste. Marie will be hosting, we are seeking candidates who have trades experience/certifications in the following areas:
Millwrights, Mechanics, Industrial Electricians, Machinists, HVAC (313A ticket), Ironworkers, Bricklayers, Electricians, Fitter/Welders and Aircraft Maintenance Engineers. Please contact me at labourforce@cityssm.on.ca or upload a copy of your resume at https:///esuRcjk

please I am seriously interested in this Infact i have checked the official website and read a lot about the program but I am confused about how to apply for jobs I am a printer by profession also good in data entry can work as a clerk what do you think and how do I go about it. thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by arro: 2:34am On Aug 17, 2019
You that create this platform, God will always create new things in your life for your favor, presently I work as safety officer in Nigeria , but with this I don't know how to go about the application, please you can still be of help here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by snowlordng(m): 6:31am On Aug 17, 2019
Nice one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 5:12pm On Aug 17, 2019
http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2019/2019-08-17/html/notice-avis-eng.html#nL1

Released today: Ministerial Instructions with respect to the Rural and Northern Community Immigration Class

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Komed: 7:58pm On Aug 22, 2019
40manlappy:

Released today: Ministerial Instructions with respect to the Rural and Northern Community Immigration Class
.. Hello sir,

Please can you pm me your mobile detail

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Komed: 8:32pm On Aug 22, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by xcaper(m): 9:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Can people presently residing outside Canada also benefit from this?
40manlappy:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by berylLOL(f): 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2019
Is it possible to start a group for people interested in this, or make this thread more active?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 5:14am On Sep 04, 2019
ashatoda:

please I am seriously interested in this Infact i have checked the official website and read a lot about the program but I am confused about how to apply for jobs I am a printer by profession also good in data entry can work as a clerk what do you think and how do I go about it. thanks

Regarding jobs, more details are still being expected. Keep a tab on the links

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 5:15am On Sep 04, 2019
arro:
You that create this platform, God will always create new things in your life for your favor, presently I work as safety officer in Nigeria , but with this I don't know how to go about the application, please you can still be of help here.

Please see the link below while we await more details

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/pr-eligibility.html

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 5:15am On Sep 04, 2019
xcaper:
Can people presently residing outside Canada also benefit from this?

Sure! Review the eligibility criteria

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by ashatoda: 7:34am On Sep 04, 2019
40manlappy:

Please see the link below while we await more details

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot/pr-eligibility.html

thanks for this. presently reviewing it and will ask questions later. Thanks again

following my review of the website I want to ask the following questions:
how do we get recommendation from the participating communities? I.e. what are the procedures involved and requirements.

from the proof of funds does it mean we can use the information of real estate as a means of proof of funds?

Can we apply for jobs even if it is not something we do presently but which you have idea of? like in my case I am a printer by profession I am a freelance writer working for people online so can work as a data entry clerk or administrative assistant but I have never done more than printing can i apply for jobs I can do but don't do on full time basis?
Then the freelancing stuff can it be added to one's resume or just referred to.

thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by heijinbojue: 3:35am On Sep 06, 2019
Of course, you need to be recognized by an accredited economic development organization. Also need to get the JOB OFFER of the community shortage industry

1 Like

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by ashatoda: 8:07am On Sep 06, 2019
heijinbojue:
Of course, you need to be recognized by an accredited economic development organization. Also need to get the JOB OFFER of the community shortage industry

thanks man so what I need is apply to the economic development organization and seek job offers but the second one is the long thing seriously
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Hephzibah2018: 8:33pm On Sep 13, 2019
40manlappy:

Hello bro, please I need your help. Pm'ed you.
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Hephzibah2018: 7:51pm On Sep 14, 2019
[quote author=40manlappy post=80583285][/quote]

Please how does one express interest to the Brandon community? I believe the economic development organization in charge is Brandon Immigration Pilot Board. Is there a link or process for sending them one's details? Pls advise.
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by 40manlappy: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2019
Hephzibah2018:

Please how does one express interest to the Brandon community? I believe the economic development organization in charge is Brandon Immigration Pilot Board. Is there a link or process for sending them one's details? Pls advise.

I believe that the referenced body should be in charge but I didn’t get any link or website when I did Google search. Sorry, I am currently unable to access the email account that is linked to my Nairaland profile.
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by SyberKate(f): 3:46am On Oct 05, 2019
cry

1 Like

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Haysamo: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
This place is so dry guyz. Some communities will start accepting applications from November. Is there anything that needs to be done prior to this?

1 Like

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by ashatoda: 11:12pm On Oct 08, 2019
Haysamo:
This place is so dry guyz. Some communities will start accepting applications from November. Is there anything that needs to be done prior to this?

which communities abeg
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by Haysamo: 9:08am On Oct 09, 2019
ashatoda:

which communities abeg

Brandon
Sudbury
sault ste. marie
Thunder bay

http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2019/2019-08-17/html/notice-avis-eng.html
Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by sseyi9: 2:43pm On Oct 10, 2019
GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM BRANDON,MB

Deb Day
Attachments
Oct 9, 2019, 5:39 PM (20 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for your interest.

Brandon, MB along with 10 other Canadian communities was approved for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program announced June 14th, 2019. Each community must develop their own criteria and application process.

In the coming months, the details of the Brandon program and criteria will be developed including employment opportunity information. Although the federal Government has said the program will be available this fall, we anticipate the Brandon program to be available in December of 2019 or early January 2020.

For Government of Canada information about the program, follow this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/rural-northern-immigration-pilot.html

Once the program information is available for Brandon, it will be posted at the following website link with the other Immigration Resources we have listed on our website: www.economicdevelopmentbrandon.com/immigration-resources

I will add your email to my contact list for the program and you will receive a link to the Brandon specific program once it is available.

Respectfully,

Economic Development Brandon

Main Floor, 410 – 9th Street

Brandon MB R7A 6A2

econdev@brandon.ca

Phone: 204-729-2132

Toll free 1-866-729-2132

www.economicdevelopmentbrandon.com

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rural And Northern Immigration Pilot by sseyi9: 2:48pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hello House,
just joined this tread today
lets contribute information on our progress so as to encourage others.
This new program seem to be the real deal grin

[quote author=sseyi9 post=83013013]GOT THIS RESPONSE FROM BRANDON,MB

Deb Day
Attachments
Oct 9, 2019, 5:39 PM (20 hours ago)
to me

Thank you for your interest.

Brandon, MB along with 10 other Canadian communities was approved for the Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot program announced June 14th, 2019. Each community must develop their own criteria and application process.

In the coming months, the details of the Brandon program and criteria will be developed including employment opportunity information. Although the federal Government has said the program will be available this fall, we anticipate the Brandon program to be available in December of 2019 or early January 2020.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Top Mistakes To Avoid During A Visa Interview / 10 Exotic Vacations Nigerians Can Take Without A Visa / Plastic Roads: The Possible End Of Pot Holes And Flood In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.