Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,898 members, 7,806,622 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:16 PM

Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland (59959 Views)

Logo Competition: - Win N10000 If You Can Give Us The Best Logo / Graphics Competition: The Most Romantic Valentine Designs 2010 / Graphics Competition: The Best-looking Desktops On Nairaland! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 11:50am On May 12, 2007
Nairaland Guys and Chics (The Graphics enthusiasts I mean wink), I'm thinking a Logo design competition is long overdue for a highly esteemed forum like this with all the growing professionals in all fields of graphics.

I'd like this thread to showcase some of our hidden talents in Logo design (2D, 3D and otherwise). Hell, we could even get to see a first of its kind 4D logo right here from some badass graphics guru.

So, let's do this, no holds barred Logo design competition. No polls, just comments, reviews, positive criticism and of course, plenty of Logos.

RULES: Design a Logo in any format (2D or 3D) for either a real life or fictional company or organization. It could be your dream company or one already on the ground. No copy and paste Logos of already existing companies except its truly yours, else you'll hear some pretty rough comments from the others.

THE PLOT: We may get to see a few eye openers on powerful tips for logo design. You could end up being noticed by some advertising group in special need, the list of possibilities is endless. The idea is to have fun doing what we love best.

So my fellow Graphics Gurus, In very few words, Ready, Steady, DESIGN!!!

1 Share

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 11:54am On May 12, 2007
Hey Kemjisuper, thanks for posting this topic. Let me start by showcasing my personal Xtreme Corp. Logo for my future graphics outfit. Tell me what ya think!

Cheers

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by AlRaheem(m): 3:41pm On May 12, 2007
hey Kem, could i ask u to recommend to me a good logo software to use
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 4:07pm On May 12, 2007
Al Raheem:

hey Kem, could i ask u to recommend to me a good logo software to use

Al Raheem, in my opinion, any Graphics Software can be used to create Logos. If you're comfortable with CorelDraw, Photoshop or any others then the job is yours. The only major input you you're required to is your creativity, concept and design skill.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by otuonye(m): 5:40pm On May 12, 2007
Honestly, I am impressed by the show of talents here. But to be sincere, I do not think CorelDraw can be used to get any of the above samples. I have CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop; and I can rarely think of any 'EFFECTS' that can bring those images. to screen.

So, in other words, there's got to be some other software that can do that. Someone says Maya, but I do not know how to use that.

Hey, Kemjisuper, can you tell me the software [or combination of] which you used in creating that logo [the silver coloured one]. Because it's really nice and attractive.

Jojo
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 6:40pm On May 12, 2007
otuonye:

Honestly, I am impressed by the show of talents here. But to be sincere, I do not think CorelDraw can be used to get any of the above samples. I have CorelDraw and Adobe Photoshop; and I can rarely think of any 'EFFECTS' that can bring those images. to screen.

So, in other words, there's got to be some other software that can do that. Someone says Maya, but I do not know how to use that.

Hey, Kemjisuper, can you tell me the software [or combination of] which you used in creating that logo [the silver coloured one]. Because it's really nice and attractive.

Jojo

@Otuonye
You got a point there. I created the Xtreme Corp. Logo using a program called RealDraw. I can't seem to know anyone else who has heard of or used it, but it's really good for creating simple 3D graphics. It also has an amazing array of effects which are quite easy to use in comparison to advanced programs like Maya and 3Dmax. It does lighting, shadows, perspective, transparency, bevels, you name it. Only don't try looking for any animation areas on it cos' its not an animation software.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by deltree(m): 9:01pm On May 12, 2007
hey, very nice idea. check dis one out. used my nick, jolz

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Rodent: 10:56pm On May 12, 2007
Hey kemjisuper, if you really want to start a design 'competition' thread the brief has to be a bit tighter.
That way everyone is working to the same specs and also it gives a comparative platform, for example; design a corporate stationary pack for nairaland to include letter head, complimentary slips and business cards, this would involve the creation of a logo as well as use of that logo element in a practical, real world type scenario, also you would have to provide all info that can/would be used on such material; contact details ie addresses, names, numbers etc, possibly strapline, grin
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by temmyabby(f): 12:54am On May 13, 2007
I know nothing bout graphic designing undecided, so hi, lol grin grin , nice work though
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by awoof(m): 10:30am On May 13, 2007
@kemjisuper

Good thread, good work wink this type of thread will definitely bring the best out of the graphic buffs.As for me I am a consumate 'mugu' when it comes to graphics grin grin grin. Keep it up though

1 Like

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by iice(f): 10:32am On May 13, 2007
Nice but why are there only two logos on the thread? or did i miss out? BTW am no designer but i have an appreciation for the art
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by AlRaheem(m): 2:29pm On May 13, 2007
Raw!!
check out www.cnet.com for any software you need for free demo downloads which are effective.  Remeber to support them for providing by writing email to them.  1st step.  Click downloads. then in the search box: enter logo maker, or logo designer, logo creator or whatever you like.  ex: web designer, website creator, paint shop.
i highly recommend the all multi-purp SmartDraw
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:13am On May 14, 2007
deltree:

hey, very nice idea. check this one out. used my nick, jolz

@deltree
That's very tight stuff deltree. The concept is superb and the execution is solid! Keep more of this stuff up and you'll go places too.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:24am On May 14, 2007
Rodent:

Hey kemjisuper, if you really want to start a design 'competition' thread the brief has to be a bit tighter.
That way everyone is working to the same specs and also it gives a comparative platform, for example; design a corporate stationary pack for nairaland to include letter head, complimentary slips and business cards, this would involve the creation of a logo as well as use of that logo element in a practical, real world type scenario, also you would have to provide all info that can/would be used on such material; contact details ie addresses, names, numbers etc, possibly strapline, grin

@Rodent

Yeah man, I feel your idea. I actually thought about it too. But you know what? Making the competition to conform to laid down specifications will make more people shy away from participating. The idea also is to get to see different shapes, types, concepts and sizes of logos, for all of us to learn from.

I really liked Deltrees concept and I may try to adopt and do a better version of it soon. That's the idea. Remember I said it was a "no holds barred competition" which means there's enough flexibility to go round. I'm not even adding a poll to vote. So, try posting one or two no matter how simple. Remember, well designed simple logos with good concepts could fare better than complex 3D logos with too much effects.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:55am On May 14, 2007
@Tammybaby

You could get to learn something creative. Just keep watching this thread. Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 10:43am On May 14, 2007
Let me try to spice up this forum with another logo submit.

I created this one for a Private School in one of my locations.

Cheers

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by realborn(m): 5:45pm On May 14, 2007
Hiya nice thread i must confess. check out my label below. nice logos so far. I like d badge.
My label below. <<removed; scroll down>>
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 6:57pm On May 14, 2007
realborn:

Hiya nice thread i must confess. check out my label below. nice logos so far. I like d badge.
My label below.

That's cool Realborn, the only problem is - we can't see all of your logo. It's too large!
I'd suggest resizing to a max. of 800 x 600 pixels or smaller, instead of the current 2700 x 1200

I think if you view your posted image in the forum, you'll see what I mean.

We'll be waiting for a re-post of that logo too.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by FLT123(m): 12:01am On May 15, 2007
Hi Kemjisuper,

good stuff. could you please send me a mail on cso@eseedgroup.com.
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 8:46am On May 15, 2007
FLT123:

Hi Kemjisuper,

good stuff. could you please send me a mail on cso@eseedgroup.com.

Yeah man, don't mind doing so. Only if you'll tell me what you want me to say in the mail. Are you set up for recruiting perhaps? Leme know.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by realborn(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2007
sorry abt d size of my logo. wanted 2 resize but had 2 rush off. below is d resized image.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 9:45am On May 16, 2007
realborn:

sorry about d size of my logo. wanted 2 resize but had 2 rush off. below is d resized image.

Nice one Realborn. And thanks for complying. I'm sure viewers will appreciate that logo better now. What software did you use for this? Photoshop?
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 10:55am On May 16, 2007
Here's another logo to add to the group.

It's actually a remix of the original Arsenal Logo!

Cheers

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by realborn(m): 3:55pm On May 16, 2007
kemjisuper tanx 4 appreciating. it was made wit photoshop. below is a microphone i made with photoshop 2day. purely photoshop. I hope everyone likes it.
Enjoy

1 Like

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 4:25pm On May 16, 2007
Nice job realborn, let's keep this coming.

I'd like to try something like that mike in photoshop.

Take a look at this too.

1 Like

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by samcarlos: 8:03am On May 17, 2007
Hello , kem, can i get through to you?

my number , 08076228004
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by MORUF03(m): 11:07am On May 17, 2007
Hi, Check this out, , It was done under 10mins.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by realborn(m): 11:50am On May 17, 2007
Kemjisuper d k750i is tite. i luv it. well i guess u will like dis too. nice day.

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 1:30pm On May 17, 2007
MORUF03:

Hi, Check this out, , It was done under 10mins.

Good, another logo submit. But just one problem MORUF03, its too big for viewing (1800 x 1175). Try reducing it to at most 800 x 600 and I bet you and everyone else on this forum will appreciate it too.

Cheers
Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Kemjisuper(m): 1:34pm On May 17, 2007
realborn:

Kemjisuper d k750i is tite. i love it. well i guess u will like this too. nice day.

@Realborn
You're really a tight competitor really keeping me on my toes and making my mind work even harder. Just what I expected to see on this forum. Once again, your stuff is really cool.

Let's continue this trend. Here's another

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by MORUF03(m): 5:47pm On May 17, 2007
Here is the Logo in a smaller size.

Regards

Re: Graphics Competition: The Best Logo Designer On Nairaland by Christino(m): 8:58pm On May 18, 2007
A lil to start with!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (20) (Reply)

Who Dies In This Picture? / African Boy Creates Range Rover And Computer Using Wood (Photo) / Can You Read This In First Attempt? (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.