Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,501 members, 7,781,523 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 04:08 PM

Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic (17543 Views)

Manchester City sign Jack Grealish from Aston Villa in £100m record deal / Tokyo2020: Divine Oduduru Disqualified From 100m Race / Odunayo Adekuroye Wins Gold In Poland (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Elemosho478: 10:15am On Jul 25, 2019
A Nigerian born Irish speed racer Rhasidat Adeleke has shown again the most populous black nation has bundle of talents.

Rhasidat Adeleke who is 16 years old is an athlete who represented Ireland in the recently held European Youth Olympics (EYOF) in Baku, Azerbaijan and she won a gold medal in the women's 100m final.

This win will be Adeleke's first gold medal as she crossed the line comfortably in a time of 11.70 seconds ahead of Johanna Klymanen (Finland) and Cheyenne Kuhn (Germany).

The Dubliner had won a silver medal in the last edition of the EYOF in 2017. She also competed in the 200m and won gold. Adeleke also won a bronze medal in the Girl’s 4 x 100m.

An ecstatic Adeleke said of her win: “I just felt like I got a decent enough start. I tried to execute my race doing what my coach told me to – just drive, drive, drive. And hopefully by 60m I would try to pull away, and I think what I did. This is what I’ve been praying for all season, and to get the gold – I’m so happy. I’m ecstatic.”

Celebrating Adeleke's victory is Nigerian lady who won a seat as a councillor in Dublin, Yemi Adenuga. She shared the good news of the teenager's win while showing her off with the hashtag #proudlyNigerian, #proudyIrish. See her post below: Yemi Adenuga before her election as a councillor in Dublin was a broadcaster. She is happily married to Nollywood actor Yemi Adenuga, both based in Dublin, Ireland Read

https://www.legit.ng/1250845-rhasidat-adeleke-16-year-nigerian-irish-athlete-wins-gold-100m-race-european-youth-olympics.html

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by gsegun43: 10:40am On Jul 25, 2019
CONGRATS

5 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Harlem2(m): 3:16pm On Jul 25, 2019
I wonder how she feels in the midst of those white girls
Kudos to her

4 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Elemosho478: 12:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
Good
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by seunmohmoh(f): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
She is beautiful

15 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by rentAcock(m): 4:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
Her papa na Adeleke and she will be ok. Nigerians born abroad are representing us well in the NBA, NFL, Football, Wrestling, Sprint and in all manners of sport that require strength and endurance. Despite all our problems, our genes remains the strongest and most resilient in the world.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Stephendeals: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
shocked

Tell me something
Is she in touch with her Nigeria roots or she is like Jordan Ibe who said his name is pronounced Hib nor Ibe.

People lay claim to anyone successful.

Wishing all Nigerians in diaspora a peaceful and successful stay over there.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by koolaid87: 4:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
The blacker the berry....

Much luv
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by bikerboy1(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yoluba Amaka

Beauty and Speed

4 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Fanika22: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Good one!
I'm not a YOLO person.. I like to make money and more money
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Nobody: 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Irish not nigerian. stop claiming what you never contributed to

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Lanre4uonly(m): 4:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Congratulations Rhasidat.
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Mopolchi: 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yoruba Amaka

8 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Paroh(f): 4:03pm On Jul 26, 2019
Is there a place that is void of Nigerians on this earth? Israel was scattered like this before they decided to settle in a place and build their country. Look at Israel now.

Anyway check my signature and buy Fleshlight from me. Drive konji away today

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by ikombe: 4:04pm On Jul 26, 2019
Contact me for your Gym and Exercise equipment both Home and Commercial Use

check my signature and profile for more info.

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by adebayo201: 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
Mopolchi:
Yoruba Amaka

angry

2 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by sharena(m): 4:05pm On Jul 26, 2019
rentAcock:
Her papa na Adeleke and she will be okay. Nigerians born abroad are representing us well in the NBA, NFL, Football, Wrestling, Sprint and in all manners of sport that require strength and endurance. Despite all our problems, our genes remains the strongest and most resilient in the world.

NA ONCE U WIN MY HEART SAY THERES ALWAYS LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by konkonbilo(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nice one
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by ZitNg: 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
“You never know what's around the corner. It could be everything. Or it could be nothing. You keep putting one foot in front of the other, and then one day you look back and you've climbed a mountain.”
― Tom Hiddleston

She has tasted greatness.

1 Like

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by omooba969(m): 4:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Fine girl smiley
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by makinson2865: 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yoruba rule the world.Everywhere you go

4 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by sanmtiago(m): 4:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
Harlem2:
Kudos to her
most especially if she has a low self esteem angry
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by joystickextend1(m): 4:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
congrats wink

meanwhile guys check out my profile for your extender products
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by Blackfire(m): 4:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
She just doesn't fit in ....

Nigerian Irish....... Puleaseeeeee.
Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by omooba969(m): 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
Harlem2:
Kudos to her

Absolutely normal, though balloons come in different colours, they all soar!

4 Likes

Re: Rhasidat Adeleke Wins Gold In 100m Race At European Youth Olympic by naijadrivablog: 4:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
The UK is dominated by our SW brothers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigeria V Namibia: Mikel Defy Chelsea Doctor’s Orders / Italian Clubs Lost All 3 European Finals They Featured In 2023 / Nigeria Vs Germany On Thursday Nov 25 @ 6pm (Falcons Friendly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.