Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,997 members, 7,799,422 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:56 PM

7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside (36638 Views)

Olumide Akpata Steps Aside From Law Firm To Pursue Political Ambition / APC Presidential Primary: Fayemi Steps Down, Supports Tinubu / With Results Announced So Far, Kayode Fayemi Is Ekiti Governor-Elect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by sharpden: 11:01am On Jul 25, 2019
In a bid to encourage a 7-year-old pupil, Daniel Olutope, to work hard in a bid to actualize his dream of one day becoming the helmsman of Ekiti, the state governor, Kayode Fayemi, handed over power to the young lad to steer the affairs of the state for a day.

It started when the Mr Fayemi visited the school of Olutope and the duo became friends after “an intelligent chat” between the two.

“Government business was put on hold last week when Dr Kayode Fayemi welcomed 7-year-old school boy, Daniel Olutope, to his office in fulfilment of the governor’s invitation to visit when he was in Daniel’s school earlier in May this year,” the government of state said in a statement posted on its social media pages.

“Fate brought the duo together on 7th May when the governor had lunch with pupils of St. Michael’s African Primary School, Ado-Ekiti. Daniel chatted so intelligently that Mr Governor asked if he could be his friend and possibly visit him at home.

“Daniel agreed and promised that his mother will bring him on a visit. However, Mrs Oluwatoyin Olutope Adaramodu, Daniel’s mum did not believe her son when he got home and told his mum that his new friend, Mr Governor, invited him to visit.

“A few months after the meeting, Governor Fayemi instructed his aides to re-visit Daniel’s school and bring him to his office.

“Daniel was accompanied by his mother, Mrs Oluwatoyin Olutope & his teacher, Mrs Dupe Adeosun to the Governor’s office in Ado Ekiti for what turned into an opportunity for young Daniel to briefly act as Governor.

“Do you remember me, the man who lives on top of the hill?” Dr fayemi asked Daniel on arrival to which he responded, “yes”. He then led Daniel to his desk & lifted him into his chair, pulled him to his desk & shook his hand “Your Excellency sir”, Fayemi fondly addressed him.

“Mr Governor asked if Daniel would love to be Governor when he grows up and Daniel agreed. The governor therefore encouraged him to work hard at his studies so his dream can come true.

“Daniel’s mother, Mrs Olutope said the visit was surreal to her & she was elated to see her son sitting in the Governor’s chair, a sign that her child could be governor in future like Dr Kayode Fayemi. She prayed for the governor’s success & thanked him for his kindness to her son.

“Daniel’s teacher, Mrs Adeosun commended the governor for inviting her alongside the boy; stating that such gesture would not only encourage other teachers but also raise hope in pupils that they too could become great in future.

“Dr Fayemi has since been making necessary interventions to ensure that public schools have not only adequate funding, world-class physical structures, and functional teaching equipment, but also the right nutrition programme that supports the education of the young ones,” the statement concluded.

Source: https://todaypoliticsng.com/how-7-year-old-daniel-became-ekiti-governor-as-fayemi-stepped-aside/

19 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by sharpden: 11:02am On Jul 25, 2019
Commendable

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Davash222(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2019
See files and papers everywhere. I thought we are in digital world Can’t they store all those files electronically

70 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by onlinetomola(m): 11:22am On Jul 25, 2019
These people sha... See designer Chair (Bentley). Dem go talk now say naa N50m dey spent on it....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by PennywysCares(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2019
I'm certainly they gave the innocent boy serious warning not to touch any file on the table

plenty files with corruptible cases and fraudulent activities

10 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by AZUH: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2019
Davash222:
See files and papers everywhere. I thought we are in digital world Can’t they store all those files electronically
do you have any Governor or local government chairman in your family ? Guy go n hustle .

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by WildChild00(m): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2019
The great governor!

4 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by zangiff(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Memories
Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by DIKEnaWAR: 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Nice,. Catch them young.

Bye bye to Fayose and ponmo cutting and area boy governance.

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Sunofgod(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Look at the state of his desk....and no laptop?

Bad example...

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by kollinz1234(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Who else noticed that the small boy looks like Osinbanjo

13 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by WildChild00(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
AZUH:
do you have any Governor or local government chairman in your life ? Guy go n hustle .

Rephrase your question, Mr Man....grin

3 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2019
Good,but pray to God not to let you be like buhari in future.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by bro4u: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Smart man. Gave a small boy with zero knowledge of money... Why not give it to a 17yrs old kid and watch mass transfer of money from one acct to another.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Oluwasaeon(m): 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
onlinetomola:
These people sha... See designer Chair (Bentley). Dem go talk now say naa N50m dey spent on it....
So na how much grin

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by AZUH: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
WildChild00:

Rephrase your question, Mr Man....grin
read the first question and be honest with your answers
Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by ishawlar: 11:25am On Jul 25, 2019
Nice encouragement

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by AZUH: 11:26am On Jul 25, 2019
Just play the game and leave us a alone . Scammer

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by GenFunction: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Davash222:
....SO THAT U CAN EASILY CHANGE FIGURES AND REPRINT grin

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by menshowng(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
onlinetomola:
Aswear i did not notice at first sharp eyes bro

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Alejobs: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Nigeria need more of the good people to stand up and be counted!
Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by stanbillion200(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
Hello my fellow Nairalanders.

I'm desperately in need of a job.

I can learn very fast, studied public Administration and I currently reside in Kogi State but I will be glad to relocate to anywhere there's an opportunity.

Thank you and God bless you for your assistance.
Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Michaelisael06: 11:27am On Jul 25, 2019
wait o its lyk am getin dere o ftc stil far
Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by passyhansome(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Who is deceiving who? We joke too much in this country why not put a University student or Senior Secondary student... I don't fall for all this shenanigans

4 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by onlinetomola(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2019
Oluwasaeon:

So na how much grin

grin grin grin Make we ask the other Governor wey spend N40M to buy water bed Mattress for Ekiti State Governor's House grin

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by Kendumazy(m): 11:28am On Jul 25, 2019
I love the part the governor greeted Daniel "Your excellency sir"

Quality UK 1st, 2nd and 3rd grade men's shirts available for sale. Check link below for more details.

1 Like

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by onlinetomola(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2019
menshowng:

Aswear i did not notice at first sharp eyes bro

naa Eagle eye i get grin

2 Likes

Re: 7-Year-Old Daniel Olutope Is Ekiti Governor For One Day As Fayemi Steps Aside by rottennaija(m): 11:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Davash222:

Don't you see files on President Trumps table?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hope Uzodinma: Those Calling Me ‘Supreme Court Governor’ Are Ignorant / Enyinnaya Abaribe Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabouts / President Buhari Receives Lauretta Onochie New NDDC Chairman In Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.