Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,633 members, 7,801,826 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students (13915 Views)

The Moment EFCC Officials Storms IMSU Hostel To Arrest Students / AAUA: Police Fire Teargas, Arrest Students And Traders In Akure. / #aauafeesprotest: Police Fire Teargas, Arrest Students And Traders In Akure. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Pamatips: 12:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Students of Osun State University, Osogbo main campus are protesting the arrest of several students from their various hostels on Thursday morning.

The students blocked the Osogbo/Ibokun road to protest the arrest by the security operatives.

A student of the institution, Tayo Mosadope, told our correspondent that armed security operatives stormed some hostels in Oke Baale area of Osogbo around 7:00 a.m. and arrested about 20 students and some non-students living in the area.

Mosadope said, “The security men that came did not say anything to indicate where they came from. But we know they are operatives of Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.

“About 20 students were arrested. Some non-students, who are living around were also picked up. A staff of the university that was caught recording activities of the security was also arrested.”

Acting Dean of Students Affairs, Mr. Dare Adeyemi, confirmed the arrest of about 15 students of the school by security operatives, adding that the management was making efforts to stop the current protest.

Source: https://punchng.com/breaking-protest-in-uniosun-as-security-operatives-invade-hostels-arrest-students/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Nobody: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by jibrinidris836(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ftc

1 Like

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by thesicilian: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
Na wah o, this country is dead and buried. The management is trying to stop the protest instead of securing the release of the students. How can EFCC operatives just storm into a school hostel and arrest students unhindered? What if they were kidnappers? Ideally what should have been done would be for the operatives to wait at the Dean of Students (or even the VC's ) Office and a message sent to the needed students to come over.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by natureboy2(m): 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
undecided
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by memory123(m): 12:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ok

1 Like

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by queenxey1(f): 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
I cooked at home and the whole family decide to drink garri.
I dont know why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by aolawale025: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
This is all so wrong
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by bukkysam(f): 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
why?

Ask for your quality footwear.

Quote me
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Are you sure?
jibrinidris836:
Ftc
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Legionx: 12:31pm On Jul 25, 2019
I can he
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
Since they know the arrest was made by EFCC, then why are they protesting? Morality has degenerated to the point that Nigerians now openly support crime.
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Reelmii: 12:34pm On Jul 25, 2019
queenxey1:
I dont know why?
u added snipper to the food... nobody wants to die, better to dring garri and live

3 Likes

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Walexybobo(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
[quote author=Ismcandy post=80614624]This is Nigeria. Everybody is a criminal.
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Trecixnine(m): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Why It is because the meal was cooked by you!

I dont know why?[/quote]
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Tectono: 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Students and protest are like five and six. However, click on the link on my signature to master how to export agricultural products to foreign countries and make millions of naira as profit.
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
thesicilian:
Na wah o, this country is dead and buried. The management is trying to stop the protest instead of securing the release of the students. How can EFCC operatives just storm into a school hostel and arrest students unhindered? What if they were kidnappers? Ideally what should have been done would be for the operatives to wait at the Dean of Students (or even the VC's ) Office and a message sent to the needed students to come over.
So in your mind, you think the EFCC didn't inform the school's authority? How did they get out of the main-gate if they were not informed?
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Walexybobo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
[08091566170=bukkysam post=80614685]why?

Ask for your quality footwear.
Quote me[/quote]
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
slade31:
What is this that keeps appearing for me to download each time I login to nairaland

I thought i was the only one experiencing this ooo.. I even thought maybe my phone don catch virus. Chai!
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Horluseye(m): 12:40pm On Jul 25, 2019
God bless America
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by thesicilian: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
So in your mind, they think the EFCC didn't inform the school's authority? How did they get out of the main-gate if they were not informed?
I'm saying the arrests could have been done in a more dignified way. That we are surrounded by the abnormal does not mean we should get used to it. And yes, the EFCC can actually leave with students through the main gate as long as they are confirmed genuine operatives by the Main Gate security staff. That doesn't mean they went through due process prior to the arrest.

2 Likes

Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by slade31: 12:43pm On Jul 25, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:

I thought i was the only one experiencing this ooo.. I even thought maybe my phone don catch virus. Chai!
no bro, been experiencing it since last week!!!
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Iamklade(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ismcandy:
This is Nigeria.
Look how we living now��
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by MISTAICEY02288(m): 12:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
slade31:
no bro, been experiencing it since last week!!!

Same here ooo. Thank God you even talked about it. I was already thinking of what to do to clear virus off my phone
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
thesicilian:

I'm saying the arrests could have been done in a more dignified way. That we are surrounded by the abnormal does not mean we should get used to it. And yes, the EFCC can actually leave with students through the main gate as long as they are confirmed genuine operatives by the Main Gate security staff. That doesn't mean they went through due process prior to the arrest.
You're not making sense. Are they protesting that the EFCC didn't follow due process? What do you even mean by that in this context? You people just complain any how.
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by atheistandproud(m): 12:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
queenxey1:
I dont know why?

See as you fine
Re: Protest In Uniosun As Security Operatives Invade Hostels, Arrest Students by jibrinidris836(m): 12:53pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ismcandy:
Are you sure?
�����not really

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Is Jamb Office Located In Ph? / Bill To Extend JAMB Results Validity To 3 Years Passes Second Reading(Snapshots) / UNN Female Student Strips Off, Goes Half Naked During Students' Party (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.