Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,260 members, 7,807,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

‘You’re Too Poor To Prosecute Me’- Man Tells Rape Victim’s Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / ‘You’re Too Poor To Prosecute Me’- Man Tells Rape Victim’s Family (440 Views)

Her Breasts Tempted Me - Man Arrested For Forcing 14-Year-Old Girl Into Bed Says / Ho Lar Sugar: Rape Victim Now A Fashion Designer - Bright Sylvanus (Photos) / Stainless Precious Rape Joke: Ogechi Stella Njoku, Rape Victim Slams Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

‘You’re Too Poor To Prosecute Me’- Man Tells Rape Victim’s Family by sirusX(m): 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
An 8-months pregnant 13 years old girl, a student of JSS 1 at Central Junior Secondary School in Angwan Bakin Kasuwa of Misau local government, Bauchi State is facing the “hardest part” of her life yet, after she was allegedly raped and impregnated by an elderly tailor who was in the habit of giving her N50 tips to lure her to bed.

The report follows an allegation raised by Prison Inmates Development Initiative (PIDI), an NGO concerned with human rights issues, where the Executive Director, Mbami Iliya Sabka narrated how Aisha Muhammed (not real name), a ‘pure’ water hawker was sexually abused and impregnated by one Mallam Babayo, a tailor in the same local government.

According to him, Babayo forcefully pulled off her clothes and raped her.

“The victim told us how, on that fateful day, she cried for help but nobody was there to rescue her. He threatened her to not tell anyone, not even her own parents, after which he forced another N50 in her hand to go and buy biscuit for herself.

“Until sometime in mid-December 2018 or thereabout that Babayo took her to an uncompleted building owned by his elder brother, locked the gate, forced her to take off her clothes and abused her sexually. The victim is eight months pregnant and has not registered for antenatal, worse still, there’s no arrangement in place for the child’s delivery,” he said.

PIDI further told Vanguard that they have since sent a petition to the Commissioner of Police in Bauchi and the National Human Rights Commission to investigate the matter and bring the perpetrator to account for his deeds.

Read more at:
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/youre-too-poor-to-prosecute-me-man-tells-rape-victims-family/

Re: ‘You’re Too Poor To Prosecute Me’- Man Tells Rape Victim’s Family by Kingosytex(m): 5:33pm On Jul 25, 2019
cheesy

All those yeyebrities and nairaland judiciary should organise a protest immediately, this is a fresh case with concrete evidence "YOU ARE TOO POOR TO PROSECUTE ME"

The yeyebrities should channel their energy in assisting this girl and her family instead of them ranting online because a girl granted an interview claiming that she was raped 20 years ago.

(1) (Reply)

Man Arrested After Boarding Business Class With A Fake Identity / Chijioke Chukwu Visits Viral Rape Victim In Bende, Gives Automatic Scholarship / Little Girl Found On Her Birthday Two Weeks After She Went Missing In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.