Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,812 members, 7,802,615 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:22 PM

Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies (32429 Views)

HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne / Prof. Paul Okumagba Crowned As Orosuen Of Okere Urhobo Warri, Delta State / Okere-warri Kingship: Mimi Okumagba Joins Race - See Contenders (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by GISTM0RE: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
The Orosuen of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom in Warri South council area of Delta state, His Royal Majesty, Professor Paul Oghenero Okumagba, Idama II, is dead.

The Nation gathered that the royal father, who received his staff of office from the Delta state government less than a year ago, joined his ancestors on Monday, after what a source linked to a protracted illness.

Although, the Okere-Urhobo palace has not released any official statement on the demise of the monarch, sources close to the palace, who spoke under anonymous conditions, revealed that chiefs and leaders of the kingdom would be meeting in the palace on Friday on the matter.

When reached for confirmation, the Otota (traditional Prime Minister) of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom, Chief Wilson Eboh, seemed not to be in a mood to break the news to the media as he shouted on our correspondent who called to speak with him.

The departed monarch ascended the throne of his fathers in October 2017, when he was picked by the kingdom’s kingmakers as Orosuen-elect.

His reign was formalised in November 2018, when he was presented with a staff of office by the state governor, Dr Ifeanyi Okowa, who was represented by his deputy, Mr. Kingsley Otuaro.

The late king was a renowned Professor of Sociology at the Delta State University, Abraka, before he was assigned to carry on with the responsibility of leading Okere-Urhobo Kingdom.

The late Orosuen ascended the throne about six years after the passing away of his predecessor, His Royal Majesty, Benjamin Okumagba.

See more; http://gistmore.com/delta-monarch-dies-less-than-a-year-after-being-crowned

1 Like

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by GISTM0RE: 6:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
smiley
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Kingrexyl(m): 7:07pm On Jul 25, 2019
Village people

10 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by judgementyard(m): 7:09pm On Jul 25, 2019
Village people sef!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by KevMitnick: 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2019
Damn village peeps... sad

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by femtex007(m): 10:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
May his gentle soul rest in peace and I pray to God to give his family he left behind the furtitude to bear the loss.

6 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by SoftP(m): 10:46pm On Jul 25, 2019
The gods are wise

3 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Na wa o
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by lonelydora: 10:47pm On Jul 25, 2019
Chai....Dem don kill am.
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Kharol1234: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
cry
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by blaqroy: 10:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
I hate all those titles,they don't live long

1 Like

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by WarriAproko: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Urhobo don't announce their king death. I wonder how the media knew.

5 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by ojun50(m): 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
Oba wey no get level, less than a year na wa, rip
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by mmbs: 10:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
I'm still asking, what is the role of a king in this modern day Nigeria. A king that a sitting can dethrone. Na wa o

2 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by dheaven: 10:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
Maybe he collected the kingship by force through those king makers.
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Respect11(m): 10:57pm On Jul 25, 2019
Result of sitting in a sit that's not meant for you. God can't be mock
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by ISHAQSD: 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Oyah village people critisisers food don land

1 Like

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Samsonklin(m): 11:11pm On Jul 25, 2019
Idiot. I thought you won’t die. I thought you had powers to keep death away. Bastard. The animal frustrated a lot of students in DELSU Both guilty and innocent. Look at you now. Rest in pieces.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:13pm On Jul 25, 2019
mmbs:
I'm still asking, what is the role of a king in this modern day Nigeria. A king that a sitting can dethrone. Na wa o

A king is the number one citizen in a rural community... It has existed since the beginning of the world and won't go into extinction because government is power now.... Even UK still maintain their monarchy system irrespective of having a Prime Minister

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by gnykelly(m): 11:21pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

A king is the number one citizen in a rural community... It has existed since the beginning of the world and won't go into extinction because government is power now.... Even UK still maintain their monarchy system irrespective of having a Prime Minister

May I ask you, how many King(s) do we have in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by patwhizkid(f): 11:29pm On Jul 25, 2019
This wicked man that year! tongue

2 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
gnykelly:

May I ask you, how many King(s) do we have in Nigeria.

I know where you are driving at but let me state clearly to you that Nigeria in the ancient times wasn't a one entity! We had the Eastern, Western and Northern region. During that time, we had fewer kings.... As time rolled by and Nigeria became a unitary system of government, more autonomous communities were gazetted and more kings were produced!

So, Nigeria is not UK that has one king.... UK has one culture and one language which is English.... Nigeria has over 250 tribes so you don't expect the country to have one king

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by zinosleek(m): 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Any king that take over that seat does not last. The hands if death is quick on their kings. They should seek the problem.
Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
The great okumagba of delsu, the slayer of theokolis, the bringer of rain. Infact who nor know u nor be desuite oooo. Death sha... Last last, na from dust to dust. RIP

6 Likes

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by coldFLARES1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 25, 2019
Dr Paul Okumagba that year! Dreaded member of the Exam Ethics Committee.

God rest your soul.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Paul Oghenero Okumagba Is Dead! Orosuen Of Okere-Urhobo Kingdom Dies by ofiko123(m): 11:45pm On Jul 25, 2019
RIP to the dead..

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Magic Of Calabar And Their Women / Kano Chinese Chief, Mike Zang Shares Food To Less Privilege / Igbele: Evil Forest Where Itsekiris Dump Corpses Of Witches, Wizards

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.