Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (44967 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by GISTM0RE: 7:35pm On Jul 25, 2019
Andy Ruiz Jnr has declared that he will not agree to a rematch to fight Anthony Joshua in the United Kingdom as he fears a 'set-up'.

The Mexican champion stunned the world on the 1st of June when he defeated Joshua in the seventh round to become WBA, WBO, IBF and IBO champion of the world.

While reacting to the news of Dillian Whyte's alleged failed drugs test, the Mexican-American posted a tweet saying: 'I’m not going to the UK for the rematch #issasetup.'

Andy Ruiz Jr rules out UK rematch with Anthony Joshua; says itWhyte reportedly tested positive 'for at least two banned substances' before to Saturday's victory over Oscar Rivas.

Daily Mail reported that the British Boxing Board of Control allowed the fight to go ahead according to legal protocol pending B sample tests and appeals. If Whyte's B sample is negative then he would be cleared of any wrongdoing.

See more here; http://gistmore.com/andy-ruiz-jr-rules-out-uk-rematch-with-anthony-joshua-says-its-a-trap

1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Destroe: 7:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back

214 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridguy(m): 7:41pm On Jul 25, 2019
They can bring the fight to Lagos, Nigeria.

223 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by majamajic(m): 7:44pm On Jul 25, 2019
the drug test in UK will not favour him

23 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by saintjimos(m): 7:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
Let them come to Nigeria na

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by klever18(m): 7:51pm On Jul 25, 2019
fix it in Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by akp202(m): 7:54pm On Jul 25, 2019
We would be glad to receive them in Nigeria

15 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by CosmicPhoenix: 8:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
if they like they should fight on the moon

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by deanoffaculty: 8:36pm On Jul 25, 2019
Na dem sabi. I'll watch DAVID and GOLIATH cartoon on SUPERBOOK.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by SoftP(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
He knew Anthony Joshua went to Ijebu ode, ikara , even Fela's shrine.

If naa u, u go fight again cheesy grin cheesy

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by rentAcock(m): 10:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
The fat man is afraid of being annihilated by an angrier and focused Anthony Joshua eager to land a career ending blow on this fat hippopotamus. Anyone who watched the 1st match knows Anthony Joshua was playing around with this beach whale and now he thinks he's so good Anthony would need performance enhancing drugs to defeat him. Anthony Joshua should go ahead and agree to a rematch at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas and reclaim his glory once and for all.

97 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Paroh(f): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Na fear hold am.

Check my signature.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by OBTMOS(m): 10:59pm On Jul 25, 2019
Zz
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by TAxposer: 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Profkomolafe(m): 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
grin grin grin

Alaye Japaaa

4 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by wunmi590(m): 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
Boxing? Not my thing at all.

Me watching two grown men blowing them selves all in the name of money, if given the ticket for free, nah my house I go dey they watch my football.

13 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by kennynelcon(m): 11:00pm On Jul 25, 2019
The guy try
If na me sef I go quit Boxing

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by lyriclekidd(m): 11:01pm On Jul 25, 2019
Nigga Dy scared .
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by biosilicon: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
chicken !!!

5 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Destroe:
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back

Story.

He is contractually obliged to fight anywhere AJ's team chooses.
The last HW who refused to oblige with contractual terms was stripped of his belts and banned from fighting and fined as well.
Ruiz will fall faster than Nebuchadnezzar if this heads to the courts. What will be his defence? "I was high on Snickers when I signed the contract?" undecided

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Pavore9: 11:02pm On Jul 25, 2019
Broda Andy is scared o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by lexyman(m): 11:03pm On Jul 25, 2019
joshua can see what he has caused for himself .... this one go run tire grin grin grin grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by tstx(m): 11:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lol
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by itsmayiela(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Fear of Ijebu otumokpo.

At a time, there was no time.

AJ go just FM Ruiz anyhow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by jrusky(m): 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
That means he is hidding something. But Anthony came over to you so what is your fear runing away from UK saying *set up* does that mean you actually set AJ up in your last fight with him

28 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by DirtyGold: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
madridguy:
They can bring the fight to Lagos, Nigeria.
saintjimos:
Let them come to Nigeria na
klever18:
fix it in Nigeria
akp202:
We would be glad to receive them in Nigeria
Poverty capital of the world? Did y'all smoke something strong?

What's tha business?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by DoTheNeedful: 11:05pm On Jul 25, 2019
Lol grin grin

This Andy Ruiz japa grin

AJ can travel all the way to the US but AR can't travel to UK to fight.

grin grin

12 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by OduntanGabriel(m): 11:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
Baba wan run
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
madridsta007:

Story.

He is contractually obliged to fight anywhere AJ's team chooses.
The last HW would refused to oblige with contractual terms was stripped of his belts and banned from fighting and fined as well.
Ruiz will fall faster than Nebuchadnezzar if this heads to the courts.

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

24 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PSG Want Ronaldo Transfer As Mbappe Heads To Madrid Next Summer / Argentina Vs Mexico FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (2 - 0) On 26th Nov 2022 / Mikel Obi & His Twins Waiting For Christmas Dinner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.