Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (44960 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:13am On Jul 26, 2019
Heffalump:

AJ chose to fall for the price money cheesy

Nah, has nothing to do with price money. Irrespective of the location, AJ will collect most of the money
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by seunmohmoh(f): 12:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Someone is scared
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 12:16am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....
Madrista007 is stating a fact. Learn and stop arguing over things you don't understand! Check below link.
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-joshua-decide-rematch-location-not-andy-ruiz--141118

5 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Isoduwa(m): 12:16am On Jul 26, 2019
Make them bring the fight come ring road for Edo state

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

That's not true! If that was clearly the content of the contract then I see no need for the debate of the location for the rematch! My point here is Ruiz as champion has his rights! Joshua was Ex champion but no longer presently.... At the end of the day, the boxing council will determine the location for the rematch

If they already signed that the 2nd fight would be in UK,then it will be in the U.K

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 12:29am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

Any where is a where. They should just decide and let the fight start and finish jor. AR knows the truth that he cant measure up to AJs blows
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by kumulus(m): 12:30am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

AJ no get that kind strength

Wow, so the Ruiz guy is very strong fr...AJ better up is game no go disgrace us o.

•••Contact via links in my signature to learn about technical and fundamental analysis of the $5trillion forex market and how you can make a good living leveraging the skill everyday of the week. Mentorship comes with an opportunity to earn while you learn.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 12:32am On Jul 26, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Madrista007 is stating a fact. Learn and stop arguing over things you don't understand! Check below link.
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-joshua-decide-rematch-location-not-andy-ruiz--141118

Thank you jor. Illiterates too plenty for this Nairaland that they are starting to feel they are smart by spewing uninformed nonsense

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:33am On Jul 26, 2019
Basher8583:

Any where is a where. They should just decide and let the fight start and finish jor. AR knows the truth that he cant measure up to AJs blows

Lol! Your opinion though but in all honesty the pressure is on AJ because AR knows his weak points already and know how to beat him!!!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2019
ofiko123:
grin he is afraid he knows he is going to get the beating of his life..

I tell you..
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:36am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

How is that a trap?

Failed drug tests and shit!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 12:37am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Lol! Your opinion though but in all honesty the pressure is on AJ because AR knows his weak points already and know how to beat him!!!
AR knows jack... I watched the match and I saw blows that AJ has dusted in his career fall him. Haba it was too comical.
Klitschkos blows were more powerful than this taco blows AR was giving him and he fell just once to the blows which I agreed was a bad ass blow.
AR knows the truth...... He cannot back out of a signed contract.

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:38am On Jul 26, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

That's a speculation! Let the public be shown the contract where it was clearly stated that the rematch will hold in UK....
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 12:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

I dont see AJ pressured. Or wgat do you mean by being presured.
Is it backing out on a fighting venue usibg flimsy excuse or what I dont get you.
I have never seen AJ presured. Not even once when his oponents were trash talking to him. You know this ... Well unless you just choose to be an AR fan.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Basher8583:

AR knows jack... I watched the match and I saw blows that AJ has dusted in his career fall him. Haba it was too comical.
Klitschkos blows were more powerful than this taco blows AR was giving him and he fell just once to the blows which I agreed was a bad ass blow.
AR knows the truth...... He cannot back out of a signed contract.

Of course not you didn't watch the match! AJ fell four times to AR blows.... AR kept charging at AJ, taking his blows as a man but AJ couldn't keep to the speed of AR blows.... So carefully watch the match again and the boxing council will finally determine the location of the rematch so that's not really a big deal
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Ruiz can only insist he won't fight in the U.K if it is legal for him to decline from doing so.

Ruiz cannot insist anything outside the contract he has signed.
It seems like you guys have no clue what legal contracts are.

Ruiz is only making noise on Twitter to try and influence things. The decision-maker according to the contract is Joshua. Not even Hearn. If Joshau says Cardiff, then it is Cardiff.

There is nothing Ruiz can do unless he wants to back out of the contract. He will be stripped of the belts, fined and then banned from boxing for a while. Lets see if he wants to take this juicy route to oblivion.

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by pacespot(m): 12:42am On Jul 26, 2019
I don't know home advantage is this powerful in boxing. But everything looks clean to us in the ring as outside watchers.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:45am On Jul 26, 2019
Basher8583:

I dont see AJ pressured. Or wgat do you mean by being presured.
Is it backing out on a fighting venue usibg flimsy excuse or what I dont get you.
I have never seen AJ presured. Not even once when his oponents were trash talking to him. You know this ... Well unless you just choose to be an AR fan.

AR shocked the world! Nobody in his wildest dreams thought a fat ass Mexican would beat the worlds best acclaimed AJ. Secondly, during the warm up to the fights, AJ foolishly handed his belts to AR for the cameras.... AJ so underestimated AR and he got the beating of his life.... That fight goes a lot to tell us that boxing ain't about muscles or height rather it's about skills, speed and stamina!!! So you can call me an AR fan, do you have a problem with that
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Quorax: 12:50am On Jul 26, 2019
lexyman:
joshua can see what he has caused for himself .... this one go run tire grin grin grin grin
I swear. The guy never Wan loss him title and fame grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by BuddhaPalm(m): 12:51am On Jul 26, 2019
Destroe:
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back

His belts?

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 12:57am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=Quorax post=80634327] I swear. The guy never Wan loss him title and fame grin[/quote

AJ was too full of himself. His problems began when he underestimated AR and secondly instead of focusing on his fight with AR, he was talking of having a face to face encounter with Wilder. He was so obsessed of fighting Wilder to be the undisputed heavy weight champion of the world
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by bezimo(m): 1:30am On Jul 26, 2019
I thought they agreed those terms before the first fight..why the change of terms..Like WTF
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 2:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Adegbemigunjosh:

Bro, boxing doesn't work this way. Before the first fight, there was a rematch clause included in the contract Ruiz signed. According to the contract, should in case Ruiz wins (which he won) there would be an immediate rematch and this rematch will take place in the UK. He signed the contract bro. He wasn't forced. He knew clearly what he was getting himself into.

I'm an ardent AJ fan, but I wld like to be fair with this...

Its true there was a rematch clause I. d contract - but the LOCATION of d rematch wasn't stipulated in their rematch clause.

Eddie Hearn confirmed that himself. The mistake came 4rm AJ team.

They never expected that AJ would lose to Ruiz - so they took d rematch clause casually without specifying the details.

So as it is, Luiz is only contractually bound to have a rematch with AJ - but he is not contractually bound to agree to AJ's choice of location.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by pfadom: 2:26am On Jul 26, 2019
You know nothing! If it's in the initial agreement, he's bound to the terms and conditions.

Destroe:
He's the champion, he dictates the terms. Anthony Joshua has no option but to abide by his terms if he wants to get his belts back
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Thebestdesigner: 2:39am On Jul 26, 2019
Need a Professional and beautiful Resume or Cover letter written by a Certified Resume Writer and Designer?  

I will create a resume/cover letter that will make you an outstanding candidate for your dream job

I will write an outstanding and eye-catching resume that will highlight your skills, experiences, and professionalism and gets you noticed by the firm. I will also make your employers see you as the best out of the majority.

Whether you are just starting your career, a mid-career professional or a senior executive, I have the expertise to ensure you get the attention you deserve.

What to expect if you order my gig:

Attractive ATS compliant resume/CV  

Personalized marketing document that reveals your strongest skills and abilities

Achievement-driven job descriptions 

Editable format  

Modern design that exceeds expectation

Order my services today
Call or WhatsApp me in +2349018902459
Or email me @ ihemejonathan@yahoo.com

LET ME HELP YOU LAND YOUR DREAM JOB TODAY! 

Satisfaction Guarantee... 100%

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Juliearth(f): 2:41am On Jul 26, 2019
Destroe:

Reminds me of creed (Movie).

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by snrguy5(m): 3:35am On Jul 26, 2019
Do you have WordPress issues? You need help to fix, let me solve your problems now!
✓ 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed

I have completed a lot of jobs with 100% positive feedback. My experience allows to quickly and effectively troubleshoot any issue you are having with WordPress and get it resolved for you.

What will you get from me:
✓ White Screen of Death
✓ Error Establishing Database Connection.
✓ Fix Plugin issues
✓ Fix WordPress errors
✓ Fix Layout Issues
✓ Fix Login Problem
✓ Fix PHP, HTML & CSS Errors
✓ Fix Plugins Problem
✓ Fix Broken Layout
✔ Fix responsive CSS issue.
✔ Plugin customization
✔ Develop any plugin as per you need
✔ Security issue.
✔ Customize theme.
✔ And anything related to WordPress.

then click below let me help you or inbox me
https://www.fiverr.com/share/3dZxV
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by abbeynism(m): 4:00am On Jul 26, 2019
Most of the comments don't understand what's going on in the world of boxing.

It is well circulated that AJ used to use performance enhance drug but the UK hardly vindicate their boxers unlike US.

Ruiz knows he will have fair fight in US.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by biggie73(m): 4:07am On Jul 26, 2019
Coward
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by salford1: 4:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Noel1:

I'm an ardent AJ fan, but I wld like to be fair with this...

Its true there was a rematch clause I. d contract - but the LOCATION of d rematch wasn't stipulated in their rematch clause.

Eddie Hearn confirmed that himself. The mistake came 4rm AJ team.

They never expected that AJ would lose to Ruiz - so they took d rematch clause casually without specifying the details.

So as it is, Luiz is only contractually bound to have a rematch with AJ - but he is not contractually bound to agree to AJ's choice of location.
He ia contractually bound to location too. I just watched an interview posted 3hrs ago where Hearn said people have been talking in Ansy's ears to violate that part of the agreement. Hearn said he trust Andy not to do that since they basically picked him out of no where to challenge AJ.
It was agreed for Joshua to pick a location in the contract. Joshuas team picked cardiff for now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm0hshXN5mI
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Frankiss44(m): 5:06am On Jul 26, 2019
Destroe:

But they are certainly not going to fight in Mexico even if he dictates the terms... The best bet is US again
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by DarlingEmojist(m): 5:09am On Jul 26, 2019
Wôô...shébî you have jà you have jà nà nîyén which one be Re-Match If there is Re-Match in games nî Barca VS Liverpool should be the first Re-Match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Mikel Obi & His Twins Waiting For Christmas Dinner / PSG Want Ronaldo Transfer As Mbappe Heads To Madrid Next Summer / Man United Considering Cracking Down On Cristiano Ronaldo Over His Attitude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.