Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,435 members, 7,781,272 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 11:34 AM

Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap (44938 Views)

The Look On Anthony Joshua's Face After Ruiz Jr Knocked Him Out. Nigerians React / Anthony Joshua Loses to Andy Ruiz Jr. Knocked Out In The 7th Round (Pics) / Anthony Joshua Vs Andy Ruiz Jr: Live At Madison Square Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by MobilityExpress: 9:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Professor of boxing who knows it all, teach me! You just said what I was arguing about since yesterday! The other guys were arguing with me that there was an agreed location for the rematch which was UK and I said its totally wrong because I'm current with all boxing news. After the fight, AJ said he would exercise his rematch clause, AR accepted and said he wished it would hold in Mexico. AJ was considering US where he was beaten up mercilessly.... So it was not clearly stated they would have the rematch at UK as you rightly said, AJ with his ego and pride never believed the fats ass AR will mess him up...

Why would AJ believe he would lose when he KO'd Joseph Parker for the WBO belt, the same guy that beat Ruiz
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:30am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

So what does failed drug test have to do with AJ vs Ruiz fight?

Trust me so many politics happening in boxing these people have a way to set people up.... Didn't you watch Whites fight? After his win, reports came up that he failed some drug tests which the WBC sent a report stating they know nothing about!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:34am On Jul 26, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Why would AJ believe he would lose when he KO'd Joseph Parker for the WBO belt, the same guy that beat Ruiz

Because his ass went down to the floor good 4 times by the underestimated AR.... AR is faster and skillful than AJ.... AR knows how to box! Its not about muscles or height! He beat his ass before and AR gon beat him again so the pressure is probably on AJ and not AR because AJ knows if he lose again, his career is definitely over!!!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:38am On Jul 26, 2019
trilacos:
both of them are playing smart,UK is AJ home,he knows it more than AR,he want to setup d match there to be able to defeat him.it wont be good for AJ to agree for d match to hold in mexico or US.IMO

Hahahahaha!!!! AJ won all his fights in UK but why is he suddenly afraid to fight in US where his ass was clearly beaten? If I was AR, I would never agree to fight in UK! Let's have the rematch again in US
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by GenFunction: 9:43am On Jul 26, 2019
ruiz japaaa
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:43am On Jul 26, 2019
Buhariismad:

Stop displaying ignorance, Google is your friend.

Ruiz shocked the world last month, Ruiz dropped Joshua four times to secure a seventh round stoppage and captured the IBF, IBO, WBA, WBO heavyweight titles.

joshua-ruiz (2)_2

There is a rematch clause, which Joshua exercised.

Despite Ruiz's numerous statements in the media with respect to money and making the fight in Mexico, most promoters will establish the rematch location, and the financial terms, in the initial bout agreement.

So when Ruiz signed on for the first bout, the rematch terms were already outlined in that contract.

Ruiz took the fight as a late replacement for Jarrell Miller, who was pulled from the fight after failing three drug tests.

“Andy Ruiz Jr is an honorable stand up guy. He knows what he signed and it wasn’t unfair what he signed but he has contractual obligations that he has to meet now. Andy Ruiz was chosen from a group of people because we believed he would be the best most competitive fight for Anthony Joshua – we were right," Hearn told IFL TV.

“And then, if he was to win that fight, as set out in the contract there were a number of terms that he would have to adhere to. It’s very standard. It’s not, ‘oh that was out of order, he is the A-side now’.

"No, this was what was agreed by both parties. Negotiated and agreed. Joshua will be the one who ultimately decides where that fight takes place

Bro stop pasting online articles to me and show me a copy of the contract where it was clearly stated they would have the rematch in UK....
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Sanchez01:

You guys should stop saying what you don't know! Before a title match in boxing, there's always a rematch clause that the holder, should he lose, would evoke the contract therein. Often times, the clause favours the present holder more than the contender. That Ruiz has the belts does not absolve him from the clause. He isn't free from Anthony Joshua until he beats him again, then, and only then can he decide who he wants to fight and where.

I don't know where you got your news from. AJ evoked the clause almost immediately after he lost the fight and said the rematch would be in the UK.

I get my news from skysports if you care to know and Hearn his promoter said they will decide on where the rematch will hold. If there was a fixed location stated in the contract then what's the point on deciding
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Trust me so many politics happening in boxing these people have a way to set people up.... Didn't you watch Whites fight? After his win, reports came up that he failed some drug tests which the WBC sent a report stating they know nothing about!

I read something much different.

Dillian Whyte failed a drug test, but it isn't the confirmation test so he was allowed to fight.

Now his sample B are being tested again n if it says positive again, he will be stripped n banned
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 9:50am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

I read something much different.

Dillian Whyte failed a drug test, but it isn't the confirmation test so he was allowed to fight.

Now his sample B are being tested again n if it says positive again, he will be stripped n banned

Now tell me doesn't it sound stupid.... Why don't wait for the confirmation test before allowing him to fight? Does it make sense to you?? Doesn't sound as so many scenes happening behind boxing me and you aren't aware of?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 10:16am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

""It seems like you guys have no clue what legal contracts are.""

Stop acting confused n re-read what I wrote.

Doesn’t change anything sir.
Ruiz signed a contract. Joshua signed a contract. Both are legally constrained to operate to the norms of the contract. Unless the contract assigns the choice of venue to Ruiz, he cannot dictate that on Twitter. It doesn’t happen that way.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 10:17am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

I get my news from skysports if you care to know and Hearn his promoter said they will decide on where the rematch will hold. If there was a fixed location stated in the contract then what's the point on deciding

Because there’s no fixed location.

But there’s a fixed decision-maker. It’s Joshua and not even Hearn.
Hearn will bring the venues and the possible revenues per venue to Joshua and Joshua will make the decision.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by MobilityExpress: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Because his ass went down to the floor good 4 times by the underestimated AR.... AR is faster and skillful than AJ.... AR knows how to box! Its not about muscles or height! He beat his ass before and AR gon beat him again so the pressure is probably on AJ and not AR because AJ knows if he lose again, his career is definitely over!!!

No need to argue, let's wait for the rematch
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Neddstark: 10:18am On Jul 26, 2019
MobilityExpress:

And AJ has 50 losses, right? It's clear you're a Joshua hater, so spare us your thrash talk
Hating him doesn't give me a nickel. You really have to stop underrating athletes based on their looks and body size.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Now tell me doesn't it sound stupid.... Why don't wait for the confirmation test before allowing him to fight? Does it make sense to you?? Doesn't sound as so many scenes happening behind boxing me and you aren't aware of?

Those are the laws guiding boxing, A confirmation is needed so as not to victimize someone that is innocent. Those are boxing regulations
n there's nothing working with it.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Doesn’t change anything sir.
Ruiz signed a contract. Joshua signed a contract. Both are legally constrained to operate to the norms of the contract. Unless the contract assigns the choice of venue to Ruiz, he cannot dictate that on Twitter. It doesn’t happen that way.

Stop confusing ur self any further than this.

I never said Ruiz will dictate anything on Twitter.

Reread my post or forget it.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by MobilityExpress: 10:24am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Nobody cheats in boxing more than the Americans grin. Ruiz already knows he can't win the rematch, so he's already shopping for excuses. Joshua has fought better world class opponents for the titles he took years to gather, and he has also defended those belts. Why would he need to dope now, does that make sense to you? Ruiz has always fought with nobodies, the only time he ever fought a prime fighter was Parker and AJ. He lost to Parker, got lucky with AJ that beat Parker, and first person to knock his fat ass down the canvas

3 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by MobilityExpress: 10:28am On Jul 26, 2019
Neddstark:

Hating him doesn't give me a nickel. You really have to stop underrating athletes based on their looks and body size.

You're the one underestimating Joshua. He lost 1, just one fight in an illustrious career most heavyweight boxers dream about, and then you just throw him in the bin. How many times have people like Mohammed Ali lost? Heavyweight boxing is not as easy as garri and groundnut that you will stay unbeaten throughout your career. It has never happened before and it will never happen. Even Wilder that has come so far, only did because he ducks opponents he is not sure of beating.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by madridsta007(m): 10:36am On Jul 26, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Stop confusing ur self any further than this.

I never said Ruiz will dictate anything on Twitter.

Reread my post or forget it.

You are the one confusing yourself sir.
You want me to go and search for your post, amongst what are over 140 different posts? grin Bros, it’s not a matter of national security.
Have a super day.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 10:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

AR shocked the world! Nobody in his wildest dreams thought a fat ass Mexican would beat the worlds best acclaimed AJ. Secondly, during the warm up to the fights, AJ foolishly handed his belts to AR for the cameras.... AJ so underestimated AR and he got the beating of his life.... That fight goes a lot to tell us that boxing ain't about muscles or height rather it's about skills, speed and stamina!!! So you can call me an AR fan, do you have a problem with that

Haba. You are so gullible not to know the fight was stage managed. Do you know how much was made in that fight? AJ win or lose collected $25m while Ruiz collected a paltry $7m. If they told me to play dead for $25m omo na dead man straight.
You have no idea how much the boxing cartel made on the fixed match alone.

You no no anything

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 11:03am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Of course not you didn't watch the match! AJ fell four times to AR blows.... AR kept charging at AJ, taking his blows as a man but AJ couldn't keep to the speed of AR blows.... So carefully watch the match again and the boxing council will finally determine the location of the rematch so that's not really a big deal

You obviously watch the match with your eyes closed. So what you're telling me now is that you cannot tell a fixed match from an original fight. I'll tell you what.. this next match with AJ and AR you are going to watch is going to be an original. You be the judge.

So you think the boxing cartel did not know what they were doing giving AR a measly $7m (more than twice less than the opponent he beat)?

If you are sure AR will win then stake all your life savibyg on it. Put your money where you mouth is.
Its not all about one lousy analysis of one single fight
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by lloyds(m): 11:26am On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

The USA is also a trap for AJ, there is a strong report that prior to that fight, his drinks and foods were spiked. . He was lightly drugged and everyone could see that wasn't the normal Joshua.

Let's see how it goes.

2 Likes

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by SamgoldBaba: 12:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Jabila:

It does not include any clause that AJ should decide a venue
when Ruiz signed on for the first bout, the rematch terms were already outlined in that contract, which was what was agreed by both parties. Negotiated and agreed. Joshua will be the one who ultimately decides where that fight takes place.

1 Like

Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Sanchez01: 2:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Why are telling lies? The below is from you:

Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell

Now kindly compare your words I emboldened to the quoted, which is yours as yours.

Simple English, bro. A FIXED LOCATION WASN'T STATED IN THE CONTRACT. AJ only mentioned having the rematch 'at his own backyard' during an interview. He talked about the difficulty of the fight being in the U.S., and even mentioned it would have been different if he was 'at home' but then, we know it is a facade.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 2:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
madridsta007:

Because there’s no fixed location.

But there’s a fixed decision-maker. It’s Joshua and not even Hearn.
Hearn will bring the venues and the possible revenues per venue to Joshua and Joshua will make the decision.

Okay then let's watch and see how it goes!!!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 26, 2019
lloyds:

The USA is also a trap for AJ, there is a strong report that prior to that fight, his drinks and foods were spiked. . He was lightly drugged and everyone could see that wasn't the normal Joshua.

Let's see how it goes.

Hahahahaha!!!! Now the flimsy excuses are coming into light.... grin
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Ijeleigbo(m): 2:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Basher8583:

You obviously watch the match with your eyes closed. So what you're telling me now is that you cannot tell a fixed match from an original fight. I'll tell you what.. this next match with AJ and AR you are going to watch is going to be an original. You be the judge.

So you think the boxing cartel did not know what they were doing giving AR a measly $7m (more than twice less than the opponent he beat)?

If you are sure AR will win then stake all your life savibyg on it. Put your money where you mouth is.
Its not all about one lousy analysis of one single fight

Fixed match indeed! You are the one that fixed the match abi? Giving excuses for a terrible defeat!! #TeamAR
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Very wrong! Ruiz is the champion, the holder of the belts and have the right to determine where the rematch would be suitable for him.... He once mentioned Mexico or the US.... Joshua earlier said he would love to redeem his image at US where he fell.... Why UK all of a sudden I strongly support Ruiz, its a trap!!! In my own opinion, the US where the first fight was held is the best location for the rematch....

What exactly is wrong? If you read the Agreement signed by both boxers, you would not have said that. Hold facts and win.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Basher8583: 3:00pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ijeleigbo:

Fixed match indeed! You are the one that fixed the match abi? Giving excuses for a terrible defeat!! #TeamAR

No issues now. Lets wait for the rematch and discuss after that.
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by EseBaba: 8:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
Joshua, go to the america and beat that guy!
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by tfash96(m): 12:10am On Aug 10, 2019
Boxing sha. U want me to sleep just play me Boxing matches or NTA news
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 1:16am On Aug 11, 2019
madridsta007:

Story.

He is contractually obliged to fight anywhere AJ's team chooses.
The last HW who refused to oblige with contractual terms was stripped of his belts and banned from fighting and fined as well.
Ruiz will fall faster than Nebuchadnezzar if this heads to the courts. What will be his defence? "I was high on Snickers when I signed the contract?" undecided

The fight has been fixed in Saudi Arabia, Will u now receive sense?
Re: Andy Ruiz Jr Rules Out UK Rematch With Anthony Joshua; Says It's A Trap by Nobody: 1:20am On Aug 11, 2019
ADAMUdaCOWBOY:

Madrista007 is stating a fact. Learn and stop arguing over things you don't understand! Check below link.
https://www.boxingscene.com/hearn-joshua-decide-rematch-location-not-andy-ruiz--141118

Adamu.. The match has been fixed in Saudi Arabia....

Receive sense now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PSG Want Ronaldo Transfer As Mbappe Heads To Madrid Next Summer / Wayne Rooney Joins Everton (Photos) / Messi & Griezmann 'Don't See Eye-To-Eye As They Do Not Speak In Training'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.