Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,533 members, 7,808,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment (48029 Views)

Help!!! My Landlord Has Removed The Roof Of My Apartment / How I Managed Light Situation In My Apartment (DIY Guide) / Please Help. My Apartment Is Being Haunted By A Ghost. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Deathisfree: 4:15am On Jul 26, 2019
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

Please what do I do. I feel my privacy is being tampered it.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by majamajic(m): 4:23am On Jul 26, 2019
change the key

260 Likes 9 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by EkunKekere: 4:24am On Jul 26, 2019
He is actually trespassing even though he's the landlord, because you are the lawful occupant of the property.

If you suspect he has stolen anything from you, you can also initiate legal proceedings against him or report him to the police.

In the long run though, you may have to move out of that premises.

81 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ipobarethieves: 4:31am On Jul 26, 2019
Replace/change the key not the handle/doorknob. It cost N500/700 naira only. How I wish u can connect electric wire on d doorknob/camera inside ur room to capture the intruder. if it is the landlord, lucky U cos he must cough out '900, 000k u keep inside ur room or police will see d video

332 Likes 15 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by rentAcock(m): 4:35am On Jul 26, 2019
Buy a German shepherd, pit bull or rottweiler and I assure you, you wont have this problem again.

31 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by buchai: 4:40am On Jul 26, 2019
simply change the doorknob or install digital camera to who the intruder is, you might surprised.

131 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by odiereke(m): 4:48am On Jul 26, 2019
Buy a new cylinder for the lock and replace it.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ruffcoin09(m): 5:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Install a camera at door entrance even if it's not working, make it visible for everyone. grin

235 Likes 10 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Deathisfree: 5:01am On Jul 26, 2019
EkunKekere:
He is actually trespassing even though he's the landlord, because you are the lawful occupant of the property.

If you suspect he has stolen anything from you, you can also initiate legal proceedings against him or report him to the police.

In the long run though, you may have to move out of that premises.

I really need to bro.

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Deathisfree: 5:02am On Jul 26, 2019
[quote author=buchai post=80635549]simply change the doorknob or install digital camera to who the intruder is, you might surprised.[/quote

Thanks. Does it needs light to power it ?

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by JudgeOGBUNABALI(m): 5:37am On Jul 26, 2019
And you sleep there with two eyes closed.
Make dem no mine your skull for midnight O!
Change keys asap!!!

96 Likes 5 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by judgementyard(m): 6:08am On Jul 26, 2019
Am in support of installing a camera at your door,even if it's not working,just make it visible grin. And still change the locks.

12 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 26, 2019
Oga landlord, if you're reading this now you no try atall. Na this kain thing make dem Lee person for sapele last year. You beta change now before I advice op on wetin him go do

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Raysleek: 7:07am On Jul 26, 2019
Put spy camera inside your house and also at your entrance. set the man up by travelling to see if he is guilty. If you catch him on camera it's enough evidence.. Take him to court and chop free money.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by willexyaho(m): 7:52am On Jul 26, 2019
Ok
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by naijadrivablog: 7:52am On Jul 26, 2019
Reminds me of one movie that the Landlady sneaks into her tenants house and somehow, her tenants winds up dead.

OP, relocate asap! The landlord may be diabolic.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by yjgm(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
Wetin landlord De find him go get simple
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by twinskenny(m): 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
Deathisfree:
I Live in an apartment, just me and my landlord . I noticed strange things when I travel,I don’t meet things the way I left them when I’m back

It’s a modern door so padlocks can’t be used ,no intruder can come in because it’s well fenced and gated.
I’m 100% sure he has my spare keys,I can’t be saying how I found out he has my keys cox he might be reading this as well.

install Cctv cameras maybe the bulb type catch the person first

1 Like

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by ichidodo: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
Confront the landlord..
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by thaoriginator: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019

Why??
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Offpoint: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
Everyone just read and advice you against the landlord, what if it's not the landlord? What if you're just hallucinating and seeing things which aren't there?

What if you don't like your landlord and rats tempered with your stuffs and you think it's the landlord?

You said things aren't the way you left them, please list those things.

There could be a rodent, reptile or wind messing with your stuffs. I strongly believe you don't like your landlord... If nothing is missing, then nobody body entered into your house while you were away.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by abbaapple: 7:53am On Jul 26, 2019
angry

2 Clown’s spotted! Landlord and Tenant! What if the landlord doesn’t have your key What if it’s village people Confused fella lipsrsealed

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by bikerboy1(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2019
OP don't waste this free money coming your way.

Teach the landlord a lesson he will never forget in a long time. Not even when you finally move out of his house.

Put a spy cam for strong evidence and sue his sorry a.ss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by deor03(m): 7:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Set up a Camera

Deathisfree:

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by AngelicBeing: 7:54am On Jul 26, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by 9jaBloke: 7:55am On Jul 26, 2019
majamajic:
change the key

First thing you should have done. Maximum cost: 2k

4 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by mamajj17(f): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2019
My dear CCTV might help, if only u could afford one....D best witness to get him arrested! All the very Best dear
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Treash(m): 7:55am On Jul 26, 2019
Install camera. Once you discover he's the trespasser, congratulations, coz you just win some cash he stole in your room while you're always away making total of #700,000. I trust Nigeria police. Expecting your testimony.

2 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by adecz: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
cool

He is looking for
your pants!!

7 Likes

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by soberdrunk(m): 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
After sleeping with his wife you expect peace of mind, or you think we have forgotten?? angry

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by JagaLove: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
Set a spy camera to get tangible evidence den sue him.
Re: My Landlord Sneaks Into My Apartment by Pascopele: 7:56am On Jul 26, 2019
your social media is forever being watched by a crazy ex or someone who claims they don’t like but they actually can’t get enough of you

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Architecture: Construction Of Duplex In Lekki & Akwa-Ibom State. / Flood Takes Over Man's Room In Lekki, Destroys Properties As He Cries Out / Lady Damages Her Apartment After Landlord Refused To Refund Her Caution Fee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.