Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,373 members, 7,781,046 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 08:01 AM

The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired (16122 Views)

Stop Making These Mistakes As A Job Seeker Whether Online Or Offline / Why Do The Majority Of Job Applicants Never Get Hired? / Lady Reveals She Slept With A Manager During An Interview And Got The Job! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by H100: 3:55pm On Jul 26, 2019
The ideal Job Seeker daily routine list in my personal opinion: -

1. Wake up/ breakfast/ shower.

2. 30-60 minutes exercise.

3. Go to a quiet space at home, public library, or any place that has WiFi.

4. 90 minutes CV/Resume improvement, or keyword tailoring for online job applications (ATS)

5. 1 hour of LinkedIn activity, to enhance visibility (like, comment, share, like comments of others).

6. 1 hour lunch break.

7. 2-3 hours job search via LInkedIn Jobs, Indeed, Nairaland Job/Vacancies, #ProjectHelpYouGrow and other job sites.
i listed tricks on ways to get closer to HIRING MANAGERS on LinkedIn on the blog post

8. 1 hour skills improvement via LinkedIn Learning and other online courses.

9. 30 minute walk.

10. 1 hour interview prep: writing responses to sample competency-based interview questions, transferable skills identification, and C.A.R. technique.

11. 30-60 minutes of LinkedIn networking.

End of Job Seeking “Work” Day.

8 reasons why you will get HIRED:

1. You were focused in your job search.
2. You had excellent CV/Profile presentation.
3. You understood ATS and dealt with it.
4. You networked.
5. You only applied for jobs you were qualified for.
6. You prepped for and performed well in interviews.
7. You sought professional guidance when things just weren’t working for you.
8. You were responsible and accountable for your own diligence throughout the process.                     
9. Being at the right place at the right time

Read more:
https://onegoodhead.com/job-seeker-daily-routine/

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by jibrinidris836(m): 7:09pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ftc
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by englishmart(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Some job seekers go for several fruitless interviews to the extend that their neighbors already think they work

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by oderinde151(m): 7:10pm On Jul 26, 2019
Including people in Nigeria ?embarassed embarassed embarassed

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by asdfjklhaha(f): 7:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
Let me write 8 reason why you wouldn't get hired.

1. You're too old. the job says you must he less than 24 and have at least 45 years experience.

2. You will be under paid. they will tell you to manage 15k for a start that things are hard. when you think it hard you will just carry yourself and go.

3. When you don't know anybody. they will keep asking you who referred you to them. if you don't say any big name no job.

4. Slavery. they will tell you to resume 6am and close 9pm. you might just let it go because if you accept you will be very thin like an HIV patient and you can suddenly collapse and die due to stress. and the salary is not even up to 20k sef.

5. One useless oga will be giving you eyes and smiling like a he goat that they put hand inside the anus* if you squeeze face, bye bye. if you reply my sister they will turn you to public toilet in that office when they hire you. then still sack you when they have finish.

6. they will ask you useless useless questions just to provoke you. like why should we employ you, why do you want this job, why do you think you can do this work. can you imagine? if you cannot use juju to guess what's in their mind as your answer my sister no job.

7. they will tell you to submit all the certificate you've had in this life. baptism, nursery School, primary, NEPA bills of all the houses you've lived in your life, marriage certificate, land documents, phone receipts...etc. if anyone is missing, no job.

8. they will turn you to a liar and deny you the job because you lied. undecided

63 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by boolet: 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
cheesy I mean you make sense; but na connection sure pass...

2 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Yusfunoble(m): 7:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
This routine sev na job on it’s own

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Stanweezy(m): 7:13pm On Jul 26, 2019
That number 5 under 8 reasons na sure
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by feelmeTy: 7:14pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hmmmm

4 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by maishai: 7:15pm On Jul 26, 2019
Spend time on connection......don't bother about LinkedIn in Nigeria.....

2 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by doggedfighter(f): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
This routine deserves pay

4 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by omojeesu(m): 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2019
H100:

4. 90 minutes CV/Resume improvement, or keyword tailoring for online job applications (ATS)

5. 1 hour of LinkedIn activity, to enhance visibility (like, comment, share, like comments of others).

6. 1 hour lunch break.

7. 2-3 hours job search via LInkedIn Jobs, Indeed, Nairaland Job/Vacancies, #ProjectHelpYouGrow and other job sites.
i listed tricks on ways to get closer to HIRING MANAGERS on LinkedIn on the blog post

9. 30 minute walk.

10. 1 hour interview prep: writing responses to sample competency-based interview questions, transferable skills identification, and C.A.R. technique.

4. You networked.
8. You were responsible and accountable for your own diligence throughout the process.                     

Read more:

HIRE SELF. DO MULTILEVEL NETWORK MARKETING!
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by xeleb(m): 7:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
hmm , no time for exercise
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Florblu(f): 7:18pm On Jul 26, 2019
What most people don't understand is that job hunting is a job on its own and it requires twice of energy and concentration you will need on the job.

When I was actively job hunting, I can say I do search and see up to 80% of all job adverts placed in a day.

3 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Sirwallace(m): 7:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
Many on that list are my routine except for a few.

Hello nairalander, I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any capacity from management to finance and customer relationship.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
My email is ajayioladeji2015@gmail.com

Thank you!
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by chawtinz(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
With all this write ups without connection from above and connection in Nigeria... e go hard like coconut.

2 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Olamilekan08(m): 7:23pm On Jul 26, 2019
You didn't mention the part where you go broke as these things you mentioned doesn't bring pocket money.

Or did you skip the part where one finds pocket money?

4 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
Angel Gabriel and Michael what did I do wrong?
You saw all these better countries and decided to send me to a glorified hell.
You sent me here in the 90's, at a time when the military and politicians have raped the country hardcore.
Why, this is not fair at all. embarassed embarassed

3 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by FuckThaMod: 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Who get time for all these? Take a walk ke? U think say na yankee we dey? Na for these our bad roads man go take a walk shey? Mr. Man gerrarahia!

3 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by MAYOWAAK: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
H100:

6. 1 hour lunch break.

9. 30 minute walk.

4. You networked.

Read more:

What is ATS?
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by shankara7: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Sirwallace:
Many on that list are my routine except for a few.

Hello nairalander, I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any capacity from management to finance and customer relationship.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
My email is ajayioladeji2015@gmail.com

Thank you!
Why would a Mechanical Engineering graduate be looking for opportunities in Management, Finance and customer relationship?

8 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by donprinyo(m): 7:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Op, with empty Belle?
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by foolbuster: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
H100:

6. 1 hour lunch break.

9. 30 minute walk.

4. You networked.

Read more:
God bless you. Posts like these are gradually gettig extinct. Thanks to the reckless pursuit of traffic fuelled by moral decadence.

6 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by qanda: 7:38pm On Jul 26, 2019
If you are Job hunting, I have ONLY ONE advise for you, get Q and A App from Playstore today, if you are not using the App yet.

Get the App on Playstore https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tolu.qanda
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Alejobs: 7:41pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nigeria need more of the good people to stand up and be counted!
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Alejobs: 7:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
If you don't forgive, you give the past the opportunity it needs to keep you away from the future you desire
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by djoe21(m): 7:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
shankara7:
Why would a Mechanical Engineering graduate be looking for opportunities in Management, Finance and customer relationship?

That's because he is in Nigeria where square pegs can fit in round holes. Do you know how many science graduates are in the banking industry for instance?

3 Likes

Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by ecclize: 8:31pm On Jul 26, 2019
Op forget all these story... Get connection and ur whole go change
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by don4real18(m): 8:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
Learn a skill and succeed
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by piagetskinner(m): 9:01pm On Jul 26, 2019
MAYOWAAK:

What is ATS?

Applicant tracking system.....it’s a software that matches key word competencies to the job role

Something like that you can still look it up
Re: The Job Seeker Daily Routine And Why You Will Get Hired by Ugosample(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
Angel Gabriel and Michael what did I do wrong?
You saw all these better countries and decided to send me to a glorified hell.
You sent me here in the 90's, at a time when the military and politicians have raped the country hardcore.
Why, this is not fair at all. embarassed embarassed

lmao

this made me laugh

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Experience (with No Degree) Should Be More Valuable Than A Degree / SURE-P Employs 100,000 Graduates In Its Graduate Internship Scheme / Graduate Careers In Shell Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.