Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,854 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) (84219 Views)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? / See What Happened To The 9-year Old Boy Who Married A 62-year Old Lady In 2014 / 'I Got Three Wives Through Flogging' - Fulani Man (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ELVISHOT: 5:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
"My husband said after my son's death - a wife must be found for him."

Chinyere agreed to marry Ikemefuna after he had died, so that his family could continue his lineage as part of an Igbo custom in south-east Nigeria.

Watch The Video https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/07/my-husband-said-after-my-sons-death.html?m=1

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ELVISHOT: 5:20pm On Jul 26, 2019
More , Watch Full Video HERE

1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by thesicilian: 5:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
These are some of the negative aspects of tradition that we should do away with. It's not about tribe or religion, but using education and public enlightenment to deliberately liberate the people from mental slavery.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ainas247: 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
grin
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Firstorderwizard(m): 7:24pm On Jul 26, 2019
This is not bad na, atleast it provides free extra *** i mean job opportunity for randy village boys and elders undecided

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by foolbuster: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
thesicilian:
These are some of the negative aspects of tradition that we should do away with. It's not about tribe or religion, but using education and public enlightenment to deliberately liberate the people from mental slavery.

Negative what? Did she tell you she was forced? Your type will even force your sister to do it if the family was very wealthy.

Besides its not as you think it is. Dont just mouth off about what you dont understand.

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by hopefulLandlord: 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
thesicilian:

let me also add that we should do away with the belief that a mythical Jew who was killed by three nails in a small Israeli village aeons ago died for the misdemeanors of the citizens of a country located off the coast of west Africa.

we should do away with the nonsensical and idiotic belief that snakes and donkeys once talked and a virgin gave birth

believing a valley containing lots of dry bones that's been there for years was given flesh and blood and they all rose (where did those raised bodies go from there?) is also as stupid

Believing that some conman named Jacob got his plain skinned cattle to look at stripped trees when copulating so they can give birth to stripped cattle and it worked!

Believing something must be true because its found in a book written by ignorant goatherders who had no idea where the sun went at night is pinnacle of stupidity

All these nonsense should be thrown into the trashcan where they belong

53 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Frankyboy1(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lol
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by naijjaman(m): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ok
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by obembet(f): 7:25pm On Jul 26, 2019
Africa culture... Na wa oho

Funny enough she do it willingly
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by foreshore(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
ELVISHOT:
"My husband said after my son's death - a wife must be found for him."

Chinyere agreed to marry Ikemefuna after he had died, so that his family could continue his lineage as part of an Igbo custom in south-east Nigeria.

Watch The Video https://www.thenaijafame.com.ng/2019/07/my-husband-said-after-my-sons-death.html?m=1

Na only for Igbo land we dey see this yeye thing

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Blitz888(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
Nkuchi...

4 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ebujany(m): 7:26pm On Jul 26, 2019
its igbo tradition..not strange. peeps do it to make sure their lineage does not close

4 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by ayanleye12(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Lemme carry chair and sit and watch Igbo people comment���
If na Yoruba now this tread go don full
Igbo Amaka pthceew

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Ijawwomaninoyo: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
#Prayforreginadaniels

4 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by kengeorge2013: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
For real?
Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by FREEMADNESS: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
ELVISHOT:
More , Watch Full Video HERE

Africans are too backward.... just Imagine!

Marriage na good tin anyway$

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Dave0116(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Igbo amaka grin

4 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
foolbuster:

Negative what? Did she tell you she was forced?

Just like how widows were made to drink the water used in washing the bodies of dead husbands

Just like how women were deprived of inheritance rights in Igboland

It is repugnant to natural justice, equity and good conscience. Would you want your daughter to undergo something like this?

Use your flat head to think.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Xisnin(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
They should let the dead be instead of hiring surrogates on his behalf.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Sunijacks(m): 7:27pm On Jul 26, 2019
Inside life

1 Like

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by tfash96(m): 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
foreshore:

Na only for Igbo land we dey see this yeye thing
abi o

15 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Sign of ilteracy....that is why African are backward..

12 Likes

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Babaheekmat: 7:28pm On Jul 26, 2019
Kids comments on this NL should be banned for life..

They don't understand simple beauty in stories..

Always ranting about everything..

SMH

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Gforce2019: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Igbo and backward culture

This is weird...and holding that woman's destiny hostage

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by naijjaman(m): 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yes. It's an Igbo tradition. There are other crazy traditions among other tribes.

This is one of the reasons why we must quit all these division and infighting and learn from one another.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by OkoYibo: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
adewumiopeyemi:
Sign of ilteracy....that is why African are backward..

Igbos

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Don't say as part of igbo custom in South East.
It's peculiar to a certain part not like the whole South East.
Go get your fvcking facts right dear op.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) by omooba969(m): 7:29pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Greets Femi Otedola By Stretching His Hands (Photo) / "Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Himba, Namibia Offers Sex To Guests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.