Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,851 members, 7,802,728 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:07 PM

5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas (738 Views)

Here Is A List Of 6 Places To Submit Your Short Stories And Get Paid / Odd / 5 Crazy Places You Should Be Having Outdoor Sex This Weekend (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 8:52am On Jul 27, 2019
Hello y’all! It's been a minute cheesy and I've really missed you guys especially literaturelanders.
I want to mention names like Oluwabuqqyolo, Rachael, Tiffanyj (my mama), Royver (my author crush) agapecharis, etc but I won't be surprised if they aren't active here anymore like myself and that's even if I got the monikers right grin (it's a miracle I still remember the codes for smileys).
Alright so aside trying to catch up on old friends and hopefully making new ones, I'm here to advertise my blog. I know right, I finally got one lol. So enough already and let's get down to brass tacks.

There are various ways we get our inspirations from. For some (and many) it’s music, books, movies to others, it might be real life experiences or purely imagination. And those are valid ways as I use them myself but then, I found that we still sometimes, run out of ideas or inspiration to write or do whatever art it is we do. We’ve all been there. So if you’re familiar with writers block, you’re at the right place. Because the truth is inspiration to write is everywhere around us and one only needs to be observant and curious enough to leave the comfort (regular) zones. Like trying something new maybe odd �.

There are so many odd places to get writing ideas from however, I’ve selected only five (5). Whether it’s content writing, creative writing and in fact, generally arts you do. I’m about to broaden your options on getting ideas.

Eavesdropping

Yo! Time to get your ears up fellas. People dispatch plenty of information when they talk and the good thing is, you don’t even need to creep on them or spy on their conversations. You just need to follow on an interesting chitchat from two ladies or guys, in a bus or on a random queue. Trust me, you could learn a story or two to write about.

Animals

Weird right? Of course, we’re talking odd. I know for a fact that animals are a very fascinating creature to observe and even learn a few things from. Countless times I have caught myself watching an animal do something even as mundane as regurgitating, and then my brain go spinning several scenarios and patterns associated with the act. I try to imagine what goes on in their head when I see them exhibiting a certain behavior. Take my cat for instance, Tabby perfectly knows how to carry herself and still cherish her comfort, so I learnt poise from her. She’s also charming, now ain’t I? *flutters lashes* lol.

So when next you see an animal, be it your pet or kangaroo in the bush, stop and watch them with keen interest, you never know, that may be the answer to your next genius story!

Market place

I always say that the market is where you see all caliber of persons. From the mildly insane to the extremely insane to those that are just insane, by default!

A few times, I’ll stand by and watch, intrigued by the movements, dress, body language of diverse people, brushing shoulders, breaking sweat, spewing curses hauling germs in a rush to buy and sell! There are so many amusing characters to talk about in the market; definitely not a bad idea for comic write ups.

Gym

You already know that people think clearer when they’re fit plus funny ‘stuffs’ do happen in the gym. I once heard a weightlifter died after a bench press fell on his neck (this is not funny though).
Now, you may want to maximize your next work out session so, instead of ogling at that hot lady’s behind or that dudes abs when you’re on break, get yourself a story to write about. Ogling a lil bit don’t hurt too though.

Taking walks

Oldie but absolutely a goodie. Especially, in our contemporary world where walking is seen as a punishment reserved for the ‘broke’ or stingy folks. Now not only is this activity healthy but it also allows one ample amount of time to think, reflect and meditate. Instead of jumping into the next available motorcycle or cab, take a walk. You also get to burn some calories and save some change for ice cream later �

Now it’s your turn, what unconventional (odd or weird) ways or places do you get ideas from?

Please visit and subscribe to my blog if you loved this post, link in my signature.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by TiffanyJ(f): 9:37am On Jul 27, 2019
gracile:
Hello y’all! It's been a minute cheesy and I've really missed you guys especially literaturelanders.
I want to mention names like Oluwabuqqyolo, Rachael, Tiffanyj (my mama), Royver (my author crush) agapecharis, etc but I won't be surprised if they aren't active here anymore like myself and that's even if I got the monikers right grin (it's a miracle I still remember the codes for smileys).
Alright so aside trying to catch up on old friends and hopefully making new ones, I'm here to advertise my blog. I know right, I finally got one lol. So enough already and let's get down to brass tacks.

There are various ways we get our inspirations from. For some (and many) it’s music, books, movies to others, it might be real life experiences or purely imagination. And those are valid ways as I use them myself but then, I found that we still sometimes, run out of ideas or inspiration to write or do whatever art it is we do. We’ve all been there. So if you’re familiar with writers block, you’re at the right place. Because the truth is inspiration to write is everywhere around us and one only needs to be observant and curious enough to leave the comfort (regular) zones. Like trying something new maybe odd �.

There are so many odd places to get writing ideas from however, I’ve selected only five (5). Whether it’s content writing, creative writing and in fact, generally arts you do. I’m about to broaden your options on getting ideas.

Eavesdropping

Yo! Time to get your ears up fellas. People dispatch plenty of information when they talk and the good thing is, you don’t even need to creep on them or spy on their conversations. You just need to follow on an interesting chitchat from two ladies or guys, in a bus or on a random queue. Trust me, you could learn a story or two to write about.

Animals

Weird right? Of course, we’re talking odd. I know for a fact that animals are a very fascinating creature to observe and even learn a few things from. Countless times I have caught myself watching an animal do something even as mundane as regurgitating, and then my brain go spinning several scenarios and patterns associated with the act. I try to imagine what goes on in their head when I see them exhibiting a certain behavior. Take my cat for instance, Tabby perfectly knows how to carry herself and still cherish her comfort, so I learnt poise from her. She’s also charming, now ain’t I? *flutters lashes* lol.

So when next you see an animal, be it your pet or kangaroo in the bush, stop and watch them with keen interest, you never know, that may be the answer to your next genius story!

Market place

I always say that the market is where you see all caliber of persons. From the mildly insane to the extremely insane to those that are just insane, by default!

A few times, I’ll stand by and watch, intrigued by the movements, dress, body language of diverse people, brushing shoulders, breaking sweat, spewing curses hauling germs in a rush to buy and sell! There are so many amusing characters to talk about in the market; definitely not a bad idea for comic write ups.

Gym

You already know that people think clearer when they’re fit plus funny ‘stuffs’ do happen in the gym. I once heard a weightlifter died after a bench press fell on his neck (this is not funny though).
Now, you may want to maximize your next work out session so, instead of ogling at that hot lady’s behind or that dudes abs when you’re on break, get yourself a story to write about. Ogling a lil bit don’t hurt too though.

Taking walks

Oldie but absolutely a goodie. Especially, in our contemporary world where walking is seen as a punishment reserved for the ‘broke’ or stingy folks. Now not only is this activity healthy but it also allows one ample amount of time to think, reflect and meditate. Instead of jumping into the next available motorcycle or cab, take a walk. You also get to burn some calories and save some change for ice cream later �

Now it’s your turn, what unconventional (odd or weird) ways or places do you get ideas from?

Please visit and subscribe to my blog if you loved this post, link in my signature.
Madam, where you go hide? It's been ages!

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 10:00am On Jul 27, 2019
TiffanyJ:

Madam, where you go hide? It's been ages!

It's been ages I swear cheesy don't mind me been trying to be an adult lol
I was so proud to see our series (TRB) on Okadabooks congratulations cheesy

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by TiffanyJ(f): 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2019
gracile:

It's been ages I swear cheesy don't mind me been trying to be an adult lol
I was so proud to see our series (TRB) on Okadabooks congratulations cheesy
Thank you ma. How have you been?

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by Royver(m): 7:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
gracile:

Eavesdropping

Animals

Market place

Gym

Taking walks

Hey babe, I'm still here. Trying to make a comeback, can you beleive it? That's life i guess. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by joseph1832(m): 7:21pm On Jul 27, 2019
How about a brothel? The happenings there is enough to give one ideas that burn brighter than the Sun.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 8:29pm On Jul 27, 2019
Royver:

Hey babe, I'm still here. Trying to make a comeback, can you beleive it? That's life i guess. smiley

Oh Royver I've missed your stories!

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 8:30pm On Jul 27, 2019
joseph1832:
How about a brothel? The happenings there is enough to give one ideas that burn brighter than the Sun.

That is so true funnily enough I live in a neighborhood with lots of them. Definitely, checking on or two out now (8
Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by CsRockefeller(m): 9:47pm On Jul 27, 2019
You are back my Jos babe

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by joseph1832(m): 10:45pm On Jul 27, 2019
gracile:

That is so true funnily enough I live in a neighborhood with lots of them. Definitely, checking on or two out now (8
Seriously?
Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
CsRockefeller:
You are back my Jos babe

Hey luv how have you been?
Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=joseph1832 post=80694489]Seriously? [/quote
Yo I'm a hood girl cool
Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by CsRockefeller(m): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
gracile:

Hey luv how have you been?

Lol.... I am fine, you remember me?
Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by joseph1832(m): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2019
gracile. You're a hood girl? How hood are you?

1 Like

Re: 5 Odd Places To Get Writing Ideas by gracile(f): 11:40am On Nov 30, 2019
joseph1832:
gracile. You're a hood girl? How hood are you?

Hood hood grin

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Soldier / Nairaland Write Along Season 2 / Radio Presenting Job Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.