Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,505 members, 7,808,856 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader (34216 Views)

It’s Treasonable To Deploy Nigerian Army To Niger Without Senate Approval — MBF / 'Atiku Is Penetrating The KKK States' ⁠— Popular Journalist, Sunday Isuwa / We Want To Severe Links With Arewa —MBF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 9:04am On Jul 27, 2019
Northern leaders have been urged to stop referring to Middle Belt people as Northerners. National Publicity Secretary, Middle Belt Leaders Forum, Dr. Dogo Isuwa who gave the warning also asked former President Obasanjo not to relent in writing letters to President Muhammadu Buhari on key national issues and other matters that affect Nigeria. He described Obasanjo as a patriot who deserves commendation from Nigerians for having the courage to say the truth to those in authority. Isuwa also spoke on other national issues in this interview with TUNDE THOMAS.

What is the Middle Belt Forum’s reaction to reservations expressed by the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, to the regular meetings and the recent joint reactions to national issues by Southern leaders?

Yahaya Kwande and his leader, Prof. Ango Abdullahi who is the Northern Elders Forum President, are daydreaming. They are not only dreaming, they are suffering from illusion. Both men are still living in the past, and the earlier they face the reality, the better. The bitter truth which Ango Abdullahi and Kwande may find difficult to swallow is that the Middle Belt is no longer part of the North. It will be very unfortunate if both men have not come to this reality. For emphasis’ sake, and for further clarification, I’m using this medium to inform both men, and others who still reason along Ango Abdullahi and Kwande’s line that Middle Belt is not part of the North. NEF and its leaders should count the Middle Belt out of their so-called North.

If they are talking about the Middle Belt being located in the northern part of the country geographically, that is another thing, but aside that, we have no relationship again with the North Ango Abdullahi and Kwande are talking about. For us in the Middle Belt, we are an independent entity. Even during the colonial era, and years after colonial era when we were merged with the North, that arrangement never benefitted us. That arrangement was never to the best interests of the Middle Belt as the so-called North oppressed, and persecuted our people. Even up till today, that persecution has continued through killings of Middle Belt people in Zamfara, Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, and Taraba states just to mention a few, and Ango Abdullahi, the Northern Elders Forum President has never spoken out against the killings of Middle-Belt people. And now, he and his NEF members are referring to Middle Belt as being part of their North. What an illusion.

The earlier Ango Abdullahi and his NEF members wake to the reality, the better, and the bitter truth I want to emphasise here again is that they should count the Mddle Belt out of their so-called North. The Middle-Belt is an entity on its own. Our link to the North was during the colonial era ,and few years after the nation’s independence. But we are no longer part of the North,we are now on our own. We don’t want any association with the North. We don’t need the North.

I can understand Ango Abdullahi, and his NEF members, they need the Middle Belt because they are used to exploitation of our people. Northern leaders have always been depending on the Middle-Belt to achieve their selfish objectives, but we’ve now removed that yoke, and there is no going back on our decision to remain an independent entity with no link whatsoever with the North again.We don’t need the North.

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/middle-belt-no-longer-part-of-north-dogo-isuwambf-leader/

59 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:06am On Jul 27, 2019
Middlebelt has suffered enough in the hands of the north , But We Yorubas should replace them...

Infact SE and SS has bought MB ,and Are Selling Yorubas to the north! Transfer market has closed already...We yorubas are so Diplomatic

Immhotep Adaibeku Lzaa Quorax

167 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 27, 2019
But the impression many Nigerians have is that the core North has always been playing the role of a big brother to the Middle Belt protecting its interests

Which big brother? In which way has the North been protecting the Middle Belt’s interests? Rather, it has been the other way round. It is the Middle Belt that has been taking care of the North in so many ways. The North has always depended on the resources of the Middle Belt including food. The Middle Belt is the food belt not only of the North but the entire Nigeria. The Middle Belt is the largest geo-political zone in the country. It is not even only the North that we don’t need, we don’t even need any other geo-political zone in the country to survive. Middle Belt can stand on its own. The Middle Belt has the ability, and the capability to stand on its own. The Middle Belt is naturally endowed with everything it needs to survive as an entity on its own.
It is the Middle Belt that provided the bulk of the troops that fought the civil war to keep Nigeria one. It is the region that keeps Nigeria together as one. Without the Middle Belt, there will be no Nigeria. It is advisable for other geo-political zones in the country to continue to key into the Middle Belt for Nigeria to continue surviving as a nation.

Is the Middle Belt Forum going to review its meetings and association with the Southern Leaders Forum following the comments, and observations by NEF leaders over the meetings?

Ango Abdullahi, Kwande and other NEF members are on their own. Nobody or group can stop our meetings with the Southern leaders. The Middle Belt Forum has the constitutional right of freedom of association. Nobody or group has the right to tell us who to associate with or relate with. Moreover, like I said earlier ,these NEF leaders, and other groups in the North should count the Middle Belt out of the North. We are on our own, and we are not soliciting for any association with the North. The Middle Belt will continue its meetings with Southern Leaders Forum. There is no going back on it, and nobody or group can stop us.
Now let me say this again so that Ango Abdullahi, and others like him, who are still dreaming of the Middle Belt as being part of the North, know that they are under illusion. Was there not a time when the present day Rivers State, Cross River, Akwa-Ibom and present Bayelsa states were part of the defunct Eastern region? Do you still see these states still being referred to as South-Eastern states? Again, was there not a time when Delta State, and Edo were part of the then Western states? Do you still see these states being referred to as part of Western state or states in the South-West? From these my explanations, you can see that those people referring to the Middle Belt as part of their so-called North are day dreamers.

78 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by zeromeridian: 9:12am On Jul 27, 2019
this people have started realising that the only and true ally they have is the SE/SS
God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
very soon Yoruba Christians will realize the truth

191 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 9:13am On Jul 27, 2019
They are northerners.... simple

Nothing like middle belts on cardinal points.

6 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:18am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I double dare you harvey go and retrace their statement from their honourable mouths , Na only igala go handle you wella ,Not to talk of honourable lions in Tiv Axis.. one more thing harveyTaraba state is South Not Even Middlebelt

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:20am On Jul 27, 2019
zeromeridian:
this people have started realising that the only and true ally they have is the SE/SS
God bless Mazi Nnamdi Kanu
very soon Yoruba Christians will realize the truth
When we yorubas realise the truth ,we are allaigning with fulani ,because we hate igbos so much!

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by lordkush: 9:20am On Jul 27, 2019
tinubu should lead his purile muslim brothers to replace them grin

61 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Mightyhaiz: 9:22am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

are u not suppose to look for a kenyan forum where u belong instead of gallivanting all over here like a depraved vagrant?

102 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 27, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
are u not suppose to look for a Ghanian forum where u belong instead of gallivanting all over here like a depraved vagrant?

They are northerners.

Qed.

2 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by LZAA: 9:26am On Jul 27, 2019
Rekhina:
Middlebelt has suffered enough in the hands of the north , But We Yorubas should replace them...

Infact SE and SS has bought MB ,and Are Selling Yorubas to the north! Transfer market has closed already...We yorubas are so Diplomatic

Immhotep Adaibeku Lzaa Quorax
grin grin grin

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:32am On Jul 27, 2019
lordkush:
rekhina you re a foolish person.

regardless I endorse this yiur post. everybody scroll up and like it
allah should guard your mouth as you curse an islamic female sheik wallowing in arab hamlet

35 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by superlightning: 9:34am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:
Northern leaders have been urged to stop referring to Middle Belt people as Northerners. National Publicity Secretary, Middle Belt Leaders Forum, Dr. Dogo Isuwa who gave the warning also asked former President Obasanjo not to relent in writing letters to President Muhammadu Buhari on key national issues and other matters that affect Nigeria. He described Obasanjo as a patriot who deserves commendation from Nigerians for having the courage to say the truth to those in authority. Isuwa also spoke on other national issues in this interview with TUNDE THOMAS.

What is the Middle Belt Forum’s reaction to reservations expressed by the Northern Elders Forum, NEF, to the regular meetings and the recent joint reactions to national issues by Southern leaders?

Yahaya Kwande and his leader, Prof. Ango Abdullahi who is the Northern Elders Forum President, are daydreaming. They are not only dreaming, they are suffering from illusion. Both men are still living in the past, and the earlier they face the reality, the better. The bitter truth which Ango Abdullahi and Kwande may find difficult to swallow is that the Middle Belt is no longer part of the North. It will be very unfortunate if both men have not come to this reality. For emphasis’ sake, and for further clarification, I’m using this medium to inform both men, and others who still reason along Ango Abdullahi and Kwande’s line that Middle Belt is not part of the North. NEF and its leaders should count the Middle Belt out of their so-called North.

If they are talking about the Middle Belt being located in the northern part of the country geographically, that is another thing, but aside that, we have no relationship again with the North Ango Abdullahi and Kwande are talking about. For us in the Middle Belt, we are an independent entity. Even during the colonial era, and years after colonial era when we were merged with the North, that arrangement never benefitted us. That arrangement was never to the best interests of the Middle Belt as the so-called North oppressed, and persecuted our people. Even up till today, that persecution has continued through killings of Middle Belt people in Zamfara, Benue, Plateau, Southern Kaduna, and Taraba states just to mention a few, and Ango Abdullahi, the Northern Elders Forum President has never spoken out against the killings of Middle-Belt people. And now, he and his NEF members are referring to Middle Belt as being part of their North. What an illusion.

The earlier Ango Abdullahi and his NEF members wake to the reality, the better, and the bitter truth I want to emphasise here again is that they should count the Mddle Belt out of their so-called North. The Middle-Belt is an entity on its own. Our link to the North was during the colonial era ,and few years after the nation’s independence. But we are no longer part of the North,we are now on our own. We don’t want any association with the North. We don’t need the North. I can understand Ango Abdullahi, and his NEF members, they need the Middle Belt because they are used to exploitation of our people. Northern leaders have always been depending on the Middle-Belt to achieve their selfish objectives, but we’ve now removed that yoke, and there is no going back on our decision to remain an independent entity with no link whatsoever with the North again.We don’t need the North.

Read more at

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/middle-belt-no-longer-part-of-north-dogo-isuwambf-leader/

Good. Every region for itself.

4 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Davash222(m): 9:34am On Jul 27, 2019
Time for election now, they will call themselves Northerners and try to divide the South but after the election, they will sideline the middle belts.

We must have sense by force!!

40 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by lordkush: 9:37am On Jul 27, 2019
Rekhina:
allah should guard your mouth as you curse an islamic female sheik wallowing in arab hamlet
ndiara dey gogrin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Born2Breed(f): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
Na now day break.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:41am On Jul 27, 2019
LZAA:

grin grin grin
Oonya grin

4 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:42am On Jul 27, 2019
lordkush:
ndiara dey gogrin
Whats ndiara pls?

4 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 9:43am On Jul 27, 2019
lordkush:
tinubu should lead his purile muslim brothers to replace them grin
Supported ...we yorubas has political values

13 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by mrvitalis(m): 9:54am On Jul 27, 2019
Your senators are not talking like it ....plus taraba ,adamawa plus south we have enough senators to restructure nigeria now

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Arexit: 9:58am On Jul 27, 2019
Please list the middle belt states let’s see how much sense you are making

1 Like

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Xisnin(m): 11:10am On Jul 27, 2019
Rekhina:
When we yorubas realise the truth ,we are allaigning with fulani ,because we hate igbos so much!
When will you have sense this man?
This is the same foolishness that got your previous account banned.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by saaron(m): 11:17am On Jul 27, 2019
I'm from Middle Belt and I never for once saw myself as part of Northern Nigeria.

85 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by tiwiex(m): 11:40am On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I am not sure how to attach images here but I hope I did it right.

I just added the Nigerian map. Please look at it and tell me where the middle bet states sit. North or South? I have always wondered why they were attached to the North. Even the middle belt Forum don't even notice the positioning. They seem to agree they are geographically in the North.

Just wondering.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 11:59am On Jul 27, 2019
tiwiex:

I am not sure how to attach images here but I hope I did it right.

I just added the Nigerian map. Please look at it and tell me where the middle bet states sit. North or South? I have always wondered why they were attached to the North. Even the middle belt Forum don't even notice the positioning. They seem to agree they are geographically in the North.

Just wondering.

They are and have agreed to be northerners.

Don't lose sleep on people's issue

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by MetaPhysical: 12:22pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

The earlier Ango Abdullahi and his NEF members wake to the reality, the better, and the bitter truth I want to emphasise here again is that they should count the Mddle Belt out of their so-called North. The Middle-Belt is an entity on its own. Our link to the North was during the colonial era ,and few years after the nation’s independence. But we are no longer part of the North,we are now on our own. We don’t want any association with the North. We don’t need the North. I can understand Ango Abdullahi, and his NEF members, they need the Middle Belt because they are used to exploitation of our people. Northern leaders have always been depending on the Middle-Belt to achieve their selfish objectives, but we’ve now removed that yoke, and there is no going back on our decision to remain an independent entity with no link whatsoever with the North again.We don’t need the North.

Read more at

Here is my advice and counter message to Isuwa's statement.

This is a front that the entire South need to support and speak as one voice on....thr issue of Middle Belt.

Let us begin to address Middle Belt and stop giving it any Northern reference going forward. Our joint voices will reinforce Isuwa's resolve and change mindset on the internet and social media. People know of North because Fulani always reinforce the 19 states as North. No one ever countered them. Now that a spokesperson in Middle Belt has passed this resolution to be separated from North and be an independent zone known as Middle Belt, let us support his voice. I call on SW, SS and SE to act along and stop accepting North as 19 states.

North henceforth is twelve states comsisting two zones -

Kebbi - NW
Sokoto - NW
Zamfara - NW
Katsina - NW
Kaduna - NW
Kano - NW
Jigawa - NW
Bauchi - NE
Gombe - NE
Yobe - NE
Borno - NE
Adamawa - NE

Middle Belt States are
Niger
Nassarawa
Plateau
Taraba
Benue
Kogi
Kwara
FCT is also a MB territory.

Please people I beg you this is how we can demyth the Northern population and land mass gag on rest of the country...and ultimately suspend them from rulership for many years while we have time to completely dismantle their privilege.

If we agree and follow this the only region that can be Islamized and Fulanized is the twelve Northern States. Their push to Islamize South will be aborted. This is crucial.

92 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

This is a front that the entire South need to support and speak as one voice on....thr issue of Middle Belt.

Let us begin to address Middle Belt and stop giving it any Northern reference going forward. Our joint voices will reinforce Isuwa's resolve and change mindset on the internet and social media. People know of North because Fulani always reinforce the 19 states as North. No one ever countered them. Now that a spokesperson in Middle Belt has passed this resolution to be separated from North and be an independent zone known as Middle Belt, let us support his voice. I call on SW, SS and SE to act along and stop accepting North as 19 states.

Kebbi - NW
Sokoto - NW
Zamfara - NW
Katsina - NW
Kaduna - NW
Kano - NW
Jigawa - NW
Bauchi - NE
Gombe - NE
Yobe - NE
Borno - NE
Adamawa - NE

Middle Belt States are
Niger
Nassarawa
Plateau
Taraba
Benue
Kogi
Kwara

Please people I beg you this is how we can demyth the Northern population and land mass gag on rest of the country...and ultimately suspend them from rulership for many years while we have time to completely dismantle their privilege.

If we agree and follow this the only region that can be Islamized and Fulanized is the twelve Northern States. Their push to Islamize South will be aborted. This is crucial.

This one is campaigning for Tinubu

No sincerity in his statement.

Believe them and have yourself to blame.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by MetaPhysical: 12:26pm On Jul 27, 2019
mrvitalis:
Your senators are not talking like it ....plus taraba ,adamawa plus south we have enough senators to restructure nigeria now

We, the People can talk about it and give it reality on social media. Social media is the mainstream now, not Senators. The Senators will eventually conform to its popularoty on Social Media.

8 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by Rekhina(f): 12:27pm On Jul 27, 2019
MetaPhysical:

Kebbi - NW
Sokoto - NW
Zamfara - NW
Katsina - NW
Kaduna - NW
Kano - NW
Jigawa - NW
Bauchi - NE
Gombe - NE
Yobe - NE
Borno - NE
Adamawa - NE

Middle Belt States are
Niger
Nassarawa
Plateau
Taraba
Benue
Kogi
Kwara

u be person jareh not dat wicked afamed ,

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by MetaPhysical: 12:28pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

Since you mentioned his name lets talk about Tinubu for a moment. Where did you hear Tinubu will be president?

20 Likes

Re: Dogo Isuwa: Middle Belt No Longer Part Of North – MBF Leader by MetaPhysical: 12:31pm On Jul 27, 2019
MelesZenawi:

We dont have to believe him. We believe in ourselves! It has always been our belief in South that certain states are noth North but were forced through repeated declarations of 19 states to make them North. We hold it as truth, even if we dont believe him, and we cannot also not believe our eyes on the map.

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

National Headquarters Building "Arewa Youth For Tinubu" Inaugurated / 31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police / Atiku Reacts To Election Postponement, Says PDP Plans Emergency Meeting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.