Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,776 members, 7,798,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 06:50 AM

MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED (737 Views)

We Can Always Grow Together By Being Our Brother's Keeper - Olomide Fatiha / The Bridge (18+) [Book 1 of Xav-Verse] [Completed] / The Girl In Black By SAMUEL Franklin (Psy-FY, Action and Thriller) (Completed) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 9:07am On Jul 27, 2019
Okay, I slept over and had a good thought of what I wanted to see my PRISON BREAK was a big inspiration to me FOR THIS ONE so is my mentor JAMES HARDLY CHASE yes that guy whose books gets you rolling.

I WILL BE WRITING AT LEAST THREE BOOKS BASED ON WITH THE FIRST MAKING ITS DEBUT TODAY.

MURDER JOURNALS will be a series of crime stories solved by a no nonsense by the book homicide detective who is transferred to investigate the murder of a business tycoon and his lover, I love cliff hangers and this one will definitely get you thinking, not everything is as it seems.

BOOK ONE TITLE : BROTHER'S KEEPER .

AM AIMING FOR EIGHT CHAPTERS IN TOTAL FOR EACH, HAPPY WEEKEND.

PLEASE DROP YOUR COMMENTS, FOLLOW ME, TAG FRIENDS, this is how you encourage me, I want to be a steady writer here as I grow in the literature world.

WRITER -X
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 10:16pm On Jul 27, 2019
CHAPTER ONE

‘On the news tonight, Business Tycoon and Millionaire Chief Gbenga Boyle was found shot dead alongside his mistress at a private residence belonging to him at 8:45 this morning ..’

Everything else seemed to have lost its meaning as soon as Detective John shifted his attention from the radio to the car park .
AREA 21 stood right at the middle of the city , the police station was fairly large with a few trees good enough for shades and enough parking space to go around; if there was anything the detective felt impressed about was this fact.
He made his way into the station , introducing himself to the constable who led him straight to the commissioner’s office.
“Detective, hah you are welcome!” Commissioner Taiwo greeted him as both shook hands before they sat.
“It seems you are just as they say , punctual!” the commissioner said with a warm smile.
“Thank you very much sir” Detective John replied , his first opinion of the office was a bit nauseating , files , cabinets , documents , old dusty radio set and a fan which seem to have lost a button or two, wall frames with dirty , old and worn out pictures stood out , contesting for the little air that ventilated the room through the small open window at the back just above the commissioner’s seat.
“Ehm before we go further am sorry but I have to ask , is there any reason why you objected to staying at the police barracks and rather prefer to stay up in an hotel during the course of the investigation?” The commissioner asked , his stare seem to have more worries than curiosity.
“with due respect sir , that’s how I work but be rest assured the bills wont be taken care of by this division , the department of criminal investigations HQ will be taking care of everything”
He replied smartly having understood the worries of the commissioner had to do more of the financial aspect than or above any other reason.
“Oh splendid , for a minute I thought …..” The commissioner held his words , cautioning himself not to speak too much of the matter besides there were other pressing matters the young detective needed to give his attention to.
“Here is the file ….” The commissioner took a file of a pile and stretched it to him before taking up his telephone to make a call.
“Hello Sergeant please come to my office immediately!” The commissioner concluded as he observed the detective go through the file slowly , he was impressed with the detective’s interest and focus on the file definitely the recently retired Inspector Ade who made the suggestion for the division to request specifically for the detective to assist them in the case may in fact prove to be something good besides ever since the media got the news , they hadn’t given him a break.
The soft knock came before Sergeant Nonsa walked into meet the two men , the introduction was brief and professional as it could be.
“Excuse me uhm it says here that there were no witness at the scene of the crime then how did we get hold of the information about the double homicide?” Detective John asked quite confused about that information he had come across.
“Ehm we got a call sir from an unknown number , we have tried to reach out to the number but its switched off , my guess is whoever made that call might be our killer or at least knows someone or something that happened to the chief and his lover two days ago” Sergeant Nonsa replied smartly hoping to impress as best as he could.
“Hmm I see , umh the autopsy says a total of nine gun shots to both victims , six to this woman and three to the man , do we have photo evidence that I can work with ?” Detective John asked again.
“Uhm yes sir , I will have them sent to your desk later on as soon as we get them printed” The sergeant replied .
“Sergeant if you are not too busy , I would like to start my investigations by taking a look at the crime scene “ Detective John said again ; this was his ritual for every investigation he took on , the crime scene was were the story really was.
“Uhm no problem sir , the building was initially sealed off I will get the keys from the department and we can go check it out sir” The sergeant said again quite happy to assist.
“This is very good , umh sergeant you will relay and assist the detective during his course of investigation , you are to do as he says and when he says to do it , the both of you must understand how important it is for us to get to the bottom of this as fast as we can , is that clear?” the commissioner said authoritatively.
“yes sir!” both men said before they took their leave.

The sergeant wasted no time in getting the keys as detective joined him in the police patrol van which skidded right into the road and up into the highway, The sergeant wasted no time in showing him a few places as they drove past them ultimately they had come to a halt along Ojebi Street , one of the few streets still with good roads and a few decent buildings still standing tall.
The fenced compound was a duplex , finely built and as they made their entrance into the building , it was obvious the building had a lot of work put into it.
“its huge” Detective John remarked as they made way for the door.’
“it is sir “ replied the sergeant as they halted right in front of the door, the detective monitored the door which he presumed was the main entrance, he had quickly noted that there was no force entry or a sign that indicated the door was tampered with.
“the front door wasn’t forced in or did he come through the back?” the detective asked.
“Sir , both the front door and the back were not touched in any way sir “ he said as he led the detective inside.
The parlor seemed okay with everything been in the right place , no sign of disturbance , nothing was out of its original place the detective noted , the kitchen still had each item and equipment in its place, in fact there were still two unwashed dishes lying in the sink, nothing was out of its place , a glass of water stood close to the micro wave oven, all this the detective had written down before he made way for the bedroom up stairs where the crime had been noted to have taken place.
His first impression of the master bedroom was that of a massacre.
“who was there?” the detective said as he pointed to a corner of the ebd which had massive blood splatter all over it .
“His mistress ,sir” The sergeant replied.
“hmmm, it seems the shooter had some scores to settle with her…. “ the detective said as he bent down and drew some drawers out from the cabinet by the side of the bed to inspect them , nothing had turned up except for the a gold ring presumably that of the man which he collected with his handkerchief, Both men walked down the stairs and exited the building .
“so sir , what are your thoughts?” The sergeant asked curiously as the detective tried to match up a few details in the file with what the scene had provided, He had only had three murder cases so far to his name .
“I believe we have informed the wife and other parties of the deceased ?” The detective asked.
“oh yes sir , they have been informed and also the closest friends to the lady and her supposed boy friend “The sergeant said.
“very good , uhm I would like to get the actual autopsy result , what I have in the file is a statement and it doesn’t provide enough information for me “
“yes sir , I will sir” The sergeant said finally , he heard a smile up as he accelerated up the main road , somehow he knew this was the right detective to handle the case.

CHAPTER TWO TOMORROW
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 10:17pm On Jul 27, 2019
hmm was really tired today wow expect the actions tomorrow, good night everyone
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:12am On Jul 28, 2019
Aptly following!
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 3:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Aptly following!

thanks chapter two would be out by evening, just taking my time to write a good story
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 8:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
CHAPTER TWO
Detective John first impression of The widow was that of a sad sullen and broken woman , who wasn’t just coping the lost of her husband but also his ultimate betrayal , fair skinned although she had no make up on and her eyes a bit reddish , she looked as beautiful as any walk way model could be.
“Ma, I am very sorry for your lost ma but this is an on going investigation to bring the killer or killers to justice and its important I ask you a few personal questions as regards to the deceased” Detective john said as he scrambled every little details from her reactions to eye movement to body gesture hoping to get anything that would make her assumptions towards a that of a guilty wife, she nodded her head calmly prompting the detective to go on with his questions.
“Ma , I am quite aware your husband left his home two weeks prior to his murder under the assumption of a business trip , am I right?” Detectvive john said.
“Yes sir , as you know my husband is…..” She paused a bit and then continued. “my husband was a contractor and a business mogul , travelling sometimes for weeks as his work saw it fit so when he told me of his 2weeks trip a night before I didn’t think twice about it” She said dully.
“okay so when last did you communicate with him and where were you on the day of the murder ?” the detectvive asked again scrambling the previous detail into his jotter.
“ I was at home with my daughter and we communicated umh we spoke a day before , he seemed fine and told us that he was missing me and my daughter already and was planning to cut short his trip….”
“Cut short his trip, did you ask why and has he ever done such a thing before on one of his other trips?” the detcvive asked somehow this was odd.
“well no but somehow I felt he was missing us , his voice seemed like it” She said as she adjusted herself on her seat again.
“his voice seemed like it , hmmm really may I ask how?” He pressed on , so far nothing she had said was on the formal statement she had down , this were details he needed , however small they were , every information was usually a piece of a puzzle which he needed to put together.
“he kept saying….” She paused again this time to clear a tear off her cheek ; this was the path of the investigation that was usually uncomfortable for him but a necessity if justice was to be served.
“…well he kept saying how much he missed me and he loved me so much and he wanted to come back home sooner to be with me and my daughter , george is not usually the one with words but…” She gave a dull smile as she thought of something for a minute.
“..but it seemed like he meant those words you know” She concluded.
“I see uhm where there ever troubles between you and your husband, domestic squabbles and the likes , from what I have in the files , you are the second wife and a mother of one before you got married and there is the information that he was in always in touch with the first wife and their kids, so were there issues between the husband and you or the first wife ,anything of that sort? “ The detcviove asked again.
“How does this question help ?” She asked a bit unsettled by it.
“Ma, every information I get down is vital to me , trust me I wouldn’t keep you here if they had no importance” The detective said ; often a time such questions deemed too personal often get the most reaction and some things reveal a piece of one’s own character.
“No not really , I mean we did have a talk every now and then relating how he treated my daughter and all that but apart from that nothing else” She said .
“how he treated your daughter , would you like to talk about that ?” the detective asked he didn’t needed that much information sensing he might be trespassing into her privacy a lot more.
“No , not really” she said .
“okay ehm, about his said mistress , did you know at some point he was having such affair ?” The detective asked he could see the obvious disappointment in her face now .
“hmmm I guess he was so busy all the time I never had the time to suspect him of such” she said faintly.
“hmmm okay, is there any one you think might want to harm him in anyway?” He asked again hoping to get in the next person in ; he had nothing else to really ask her for now again.
“you should ask that bastard he calls a brother “ she said flaring up a bit much to the curiosity of the detective .
“excuse me what?” Detective john asked .
“sorry , his younger brother lives with us ,he has been a thorn in our family’s back especially his brother , he squanders and steals from his brother , he even has the guts to bring all sort of women to the house in fact they both that very morning before my husband left , he was demanding for more money and when his brother refused he threatened to do something very drastic , he made mention of teaching his brother a bitter lesson“ She was quick to point out her strong suspicion to the detective having remembered the very circumstances in which her husband had left that fateful morning.
“hmmm I see, well thank you very much, I will get through to you if we ever need your assistance on anything as the investigations go on , thank you” the detective said as he showed her the door.
“thank you and please catch whoever did this , my husband may not have been the perfect man but he didn’t deserve to be killed “ She said before she walked out.
The detective sat there for a minute and quickly went through every detail he had written down , for now she seemed more of a grieving house wife than a jealous second wife however she had shed light on a potential suspect.
Temi walked in, a bit nervous the twenty year old daughter took her seat right in front of the detective.
“I don’t know anything sir, the police came and….”
The detective had sensed her to be a bit nervous although young , he had hoped she would be able to handle the idea of been in a police station better.
“its okay hmmm temi, I just want to ask some basic questions n, nothing else its only formal we ask these questions , due process you may call it” the detective smiled a bit , somehow it had worked to get her actually calm.
“okay, I just don’t like the police station ,it scares me” She said faintly almost to herself.
“well you don’t need to be afraid , this place is meant for the bad people who do bad things ,okay ?” detective john said again warmly , she shook her head slowly .
“what do you want to know?” She said finally .
“well you can help me by telling me where you were the day , you got the news firstly” the detective asked.
“I was in my room at home when I heard my mom screaming” She paused a bit , somewhat destruct and unsettled about the details.
“oh okay umh I see , so what was George boyle , your father…”
“he is not my father please don’t call him that!” She interrupted him quickly a bit upset , perhaps this was related to the fact that her mother had said something about the way he treated her ; not something detective john would bother himself about as most step father and step children relationships usually follow this path , he ignored it and decided to push on.
“okay sorry about that I just wanted to know your personal relationship with the deceased” he said firmly.
“there was nothing there , he hated me as I hated him that was it, I don’t like him it was as simple as that” she said with no emotions attached to her expression, clearly both didn’t agree but was that enough , the detective needed more information.
“I understand how you feel , he is your step father , new rules , new way of life and all” the detective said hoping to force some conversion that might throw more light on her grievances with the deceased , she didn’t hide her feelings from the detective , could there be more than meets the eye.
“(chuckles) I wish it was just that , do you know that asshole is a womanizer and a flirt?” She said clearly outspoken about this aspect , the detective scrambled something down quickly.
“really, you don’t say” The detective said quite anxiously ; in his line of duty it was paramount he encouraged those been interviewed to say whatever they needed to say and for him to pick whatever he needed in fact in his mind he was already having an idea of the dysfunctional family he was dealing with.
“ I see and umh what about his brother, he lives with you guys right?” the detective continued in hopes to get her own view.
“ Do you know my mother’s husband got the two last house helps pregnant?” She said again without paying her attention to the question.
“Erhmm, okay noted can you tell me about his brother?” He pressed again.
“Erm oh , I don’t know much he and his brother never seem to get along I guess because he is rich and also stingy , he rarely lets off anything from his hand” She said somehow temi’s resentment was only targeted at the deceased and not the supposed wannabe-killer painted by her mother .
“hmmm I see , can you tell me more about it?” the detective asked.
She seemed to have suddenly become cautions about something and had refused to answer any other questions , she was already due to leave for now hence the detective called the interview over.
The sergeant had duly informed the detective of the chief’s brother inability to come for the interview,
“I see well we will have to pay him a visit ourself” Detective john said calmly even more now he wanted to interview the said brother , what brother wouldn’t want to come help the police get the killers behind his brother’s death.

CHAPTER THREE TOMORROW.
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by GraciasMagisco(m): 9:38am On Jul 29, 2019
Nice build up, hope it gets completed tho
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 8:32pm On Jul 29, 2019
GraciasMagisco:
Nice build up, hope it gets completed tho

definitely it's an ongoing series of crimes solved by the Main protagonist Detective John Nwosu.

this is the first book.

chapter three will be out some hours from now
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 1:17am On Jul 30, 2019
CHAPTER THREE

Detective John and Sergeant Nonsa walked into the Boyles Contracting firm, where Igwe Boyle the younger brother of George had taken control.
“Sir, this is definitely our killer , imagine the effrontery kill his brother and take over his company” Sergeant Nonsa said as soon as they walked into the firm.
“Well. At least he did invite us to come interview him , filing a lot of paper for an interview is not usually my type of thing” The detective said with a dull smile , his request was okayed by Igwe boyle as soon as he telephoned him a day before.
“Yes am sure obviously to gloat and show off his trophy” the Sergeant said with a smile as receptionist showed them to the CEO office.
“well sergeant , we will just have to see about that” the detective said as they walked in.
The office was quite exquisite , somehow everything in the office seemed new and smelled like it, perhaps a renovation for the new CEO.
“gentlemen , good morning , I see you keep time , okay lets make this quick , I have a lot of paper work to do” Igwe said something about his demeanor seemed somewhat off to the detective making him wonder if he was indeed starring at his man.
“Mr. Igwe , uhm may I ask you where you were at the day of the crime ?” The detective asked .
“Ehmm I was at a bar that morning you see , me and my brother had a fight am sure that witch already told you about it and I was with my girl friend to cool off and then I went to a party of a friend later on that was where I was before that witch called me to inform me about my brother’s murder” Igwe said somehow he didn’t feel any kind of emotion attached to his words for one thing he could confirm both brothers were not at best very close.
“okay I see , my report has it that ,you got into an argument with your brother that morning , what was it about , money?” the detective asked again.
“of course its about money , my brother would rather spend his money on his new wife than his own brother , his only brother for that matter , I mean she has completely brainwashed him to the extent he believes everything she says about me , I don’t get , I always told him his greatest mistake was to marry that witch “ Igwe said a bit angry , something the detective had taken note of.
“I see and what about the daughter …..”
“Oh don’t even go there with that prostitute , she is nothing but a spoilt brat who deserves everything that she got…” Igwe paused a bit and took a sharp stare at the detective.
“…..erhmm listen , that giril has this small Innocent look but you should see what she is up to when her mother isn’t around infact if I wasn’t careful enough that girl wouldn’t have sold me her soul if I wanted “ Igwe said calmly .
“Erhm in other words , she tried to seduce you?”Sergeant Nonsa asked quite confused.
“yes of course , infact (relaxes back with abig smile on his face ) she even tried to get my brother on her back one night you know , he told me all about it” He said again.
The detective could now connect the dot , Temi’s resentment towards her step father somehow ; a case of a sexual predator or a that of a promiscuous step daughter.
“I see, during this big reveal by your brother did he at any time have some sort of….”
“if you are insinuating what I think you are, then that’s what I don’t know , my brother has a lot of girls , big , small , black , fair name it all but he doesn’t do young girls but hey I could be wrong besides that girl is no kid , her boyfriend is one….”
“her boyfriend , she has a boyfriend ?” the detective asked.
“oh yes officer , this guy by the name yemi , former employee of my brother’s company you know but he starts coming around to help out with house stuff and all and the next thing we know , they are all over themselves “ Igwe boyle replied again.
“hmmm interesting okay , ehmm I am aware the first wife of your brother is in Germany and her daughter ?” The detective asked again having learnt a day before about the first wife’s location which has been the same ever since she left the chief.
“she wants nothing to do with the chief and all his property , so leave her out of this” Igwe replied quite displeased about the detective’s inquisition.
“I just want to know the relationship between the first wife, her ex and the new wife” The detective said.
“well George tried to keep a close relationship with his daughter and her mother , this witch on the other hand is a jealous demonic entity , I mean who did she think she was dating angel Michael , she is possessive and authoritative ….”
“excuse , is this concerning about her husband’s infidelity?” the detective asked again.
“of course yes , she hates to see the man enjoy his money , she wanted it all for herself you know, always pock nosing into his affairs , some of his late trips were his way of getting away from the house , she was literally hard to live with “ Igwe stressed.
“I see so would you say she would kill him if she had the chance to?” The detective asked.
“of course , I mean she was one of his pick up girls who played the so called I AM PREGNANT card and got him tied , as soon as my brother discovered this , she begins to act out , officer you have your killer , who knows might have paid someone to do it” Igwe said .
The detective noted all details he was getting , perhaps he was telling the truth or just hiding it to protect himself ,sooner or later he would find out, he already had an idea of what was happening.
“Those are a lot of files you have there!” Sergeant Nonsa said , the huge mass of file on his desk was daunting and obvious to everyone .
“yes , I have to review some of my brother’s employees , some to sack for inefficiency and some to promote , that’s how things are done, now if you would excuse I think our time is off” Igwe said as he took one big stare at the wall clock and turned again to the officers.
“Oh of course , we will inform you or request to see you again if need be” The detective said as both men stood to take their leave.
“well no problem” Igwe said as they left the office.
“Sir, this is definitely our killer, if we just arrest him now and torture him am sure he will confess to his crimes “ The sergeant said , he had hated the arrogance and nonchalant attitude of that bastard.
“officer , if we arrest and torture everybody we have interviewed am very sure they will all confess hmm” The detective gave him a soft tap on his shoulder as they walked out of the firm.
“he has guts ,I will tell you but we may have to visit the lady of the house sooner than expected” Detective john said , something Igwe boyle had said got him thinking about the woman ; Igwe had claimed that she was quite aware of her husband’s womanizing habits , something she herself had denied knowledge of, could she be lying and hiding her involvement , the detective wondered as they drove of.
Back at the station some hours later the crime scene photos had arrived , though a few days later than when he had asked for them , the sergeant had kept to his promise.
A look at the scene proved what details the blood splatter he had seen the very minute he walked into the scene had said all along , the more he looked at it now he realize the woman herself could have been the victim but so much red flags had already been raised by geroge’s dysfunctional family, somehow he just needed to confirm his suspicion .
He returned back to the sergeant ‘s office who was busy talking with a female officer at the time.
“She is one of the newly appointed corporals in the station ,sir” Sergeant Nonsa said feeling a bit guilty of something he wasn’t sure of as soon as the female officer left the office.
“Oh really , she looks nice by the way” The detective said warmly , he could see the looks in the sergeant eyes , it was that of a man trying to impress someone.
“Sergeant , whats the report about the female victim’s relatives, has anyone come in yet to identify or claim the body yet?” detective john asked.
“ Marilyn Abike Petersen , sir” The sergeant said smartly adjusting himself in the seat.
“Oh we have a name , that’s good do we have a relative or ….”
“Someone by the name Ejike Hanson came in on behalf of the family , he is the said boy friend of the victim , we had him drop his details, we have phone number, house address and also three contact details of the victims family too and guess what we found out sir?” The sergeant said with a smile , he too was learning a few moves from the detective .
“what is it?” detective asked.
“well sir , she is a former employee of George boyle” Sergeant Nonsa said quite pleased with himself.
“really hmmm I see, this makes things a bit complicated , so in other words we have a relationship between employer and employee hmm , the commissioner is pressing hard on me for results uhm here is what we will do , George boyle will be buried this weekend , I would want us to attend and please can I have the phone contacts of the female victim’s boyfriend , I would like to call and ask him a few questions if I find reasons to ask him to come in then I will let you know” The detective said.
“No problem sir and sir , me and a few officers will be celebrating one of our own who recently got promoted tonight , if you don’t have much doing we would like you to come join us” The sergeant said.
“Hmm sure besides the food they serve at the hotel is not as great as I had hoped for “ The detective said ; he had been aching to get out one of the days to unwind , this was his second time in lagos unlike the first trip down to the state he wishes to enjoy this trip.

THE END CHAPTER FOUR TOMORROW.
Re: MURDER JOURNALS : BROTHER'S KEEPER COMPLETED by WriterX(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2019
CHAPTER FOUR

“You must know we all do what we have to do but there is a limit to every one’s tolerance , I told her to call it off or forget me perhaps I wasn’t worth it maybe that’s why she went back to him” Ejike hanson replied finally , his sullen expression on his face was deeper than that of a boyfriend mourning the death of his lover , he was hurt by her betrayal more.
“you said you had this conversation with her a day before?” Detective asked again , he wasn’t certain of the boyfriends apparent emotional state ; inconclusive at best.
“yes , I got to know she was still seeing the chief even after I had asked her to quit the job at the firm and come work at my father’s company well she did of course quit so it was abit surprising when I found out a day before that my girl was still seeing the chief.
“I see ,but may I ask how you did know this, you don’t have to answer that if you don’t want “ detective said.
“ Well I got a call from a friend ….” He paused a bit and then continued “..well I wouldn’t exactly say friend , actually I didn’t know who it is really but the person called me and told me about what was happening and when I confronted her , she confirmed them” Hanson said.
“oh okay I see , do you still have the number of the good Samaritan so to say” Detective said.
“ehm I don’t think I do , I tried the number the following day but it was switched off so having no need for it I deleted it , sorry I really didn’t think twice about that aspect” Hansosn replied.
“I understand, well thank you for agreeing to see me you have been helpful , if we need to ask you a few more or need to confirm any more details from you , I will personally call you” The detective said before he took his leave , once outside the house he made a call to the sergeant ; he had previously asked for the sergeant to find out any details concerning the previous two maids who temi had spoken off, perhaps they could help him piece something else together.
“Hello sergeant , any news?”
“yes sir, we were able to get the agency who procured the service of the last house maid for the chief and after we followed up the address, she was able to give us a few details you might want to here sir”
“really?, please go on”
“well sir, her name is folunke and she confirmed she was indeed impregnated by the chief, the man in her word s was a chronic womanizer but there is something else sir , when I asked about the relationship between the second wife and the brother and the chief himself , well she said there was never any fight between the second wife and chief’s brother that she knew of except for the daughter who suddenly started hating him“
“I see and what about the said boyfriend and the daughter herself….”
“Oh sir well that’s the icing of the cake sir, she confirmed temi is indeed seeing a former employee of the firm by the name Maxwell odega and though everyone accepted him in the house , the chief himself didn’t like him been around his house , it seems it has to do with why he was sacked in the first place sir but Maxwell is a good friend of Igwe and usually kept him around as both usually helped the ”
“definitely , well-done sergeant , if I didn’t know much sir , you would make a brilliant detective , please get back to the station lets discuss I think we are very close , the picture is getting clearer”
The detective said happily , his gamble of finding out the maids who knew the actual relationship between everyone within the house had paid off.

The detective stood there for a minute , he had one more place to drive to now before heading to the station , everything was coming into place now.
Later in the afternoon , The detective had called in Temi for some questioning but she had come in with her mother by her side.
“ma, I can assure we are not here on a witch-hunt “ The detective said.
“then why are you in fact what do you think my daughter could possibly know that you need to keep questioning her” Her mother stressed.
“just relax ma, we are only doing our job” The sergeant said as he led temi to the interview room where the detective met up with her.
“okay , temi I am going to be straight with you , if you are going to lie it will only serve you no purpose , I have my facts here with me” The detective said.
“what are you talking about , I didn’t do anything wrong”
“but you did tell your boyfriend about the sexual assault ,didn’t you?” The detective had interrupted her quickly , he could see the spark in her eyes once he said those words; enough to know he was hitting the right spot now.
“what, how did you know, i..i…” she stammered.
“temi, did you or did you not tell your boyfriend about what happened between you and the chief?” the detective asked.
“that bastard ….” She said fiercely with teary eyes.
“…that bastard had the guts to touch me, that pig deserved everything that he got “ She said, it was all there for the detective , the anger , the hurt , the satisfaction of good old payback.
“does your mother know about it?” the detective asked, she shook her head sideways slowly .
“she didn’t , what did it matter , that one only cares about been in a man’s house and will do anything to just be there, it didn’t matter when the first house help was raped by that monster neither did she do anything about the second all she did was send them parking” Temi said as tears flowed down her eyes.
“ I see hmmm and what about the chief’s brother , did he also try to….”
“No but I see how he looks at my mom, he likes her but well I don’t really know” temi said again.
“your boyfriend , can you tell me about him , he was a former employee of the chief , any idea what happened ?”
“I don’t know it had something to do with money I guess but what does it matter really?” temi asked as she wiped her tear off her face.
“when you told him about what happened , what did he say , was there anything he did …”
“he didn’t say or do anything , he was very angry and vowed to get deal with the chief that was all but he wouldn’t kill him okay,my boyfriend would never do such” temi said .
“okay , ehmm thank you very much ….”
“are you going to tell my mom?” she asked.
“well maybe or maybe not “ the detective said.
“please don’t tell her ,please detective she would kill me for not telling her sooner” temi replied.
“well like I said if the information does prove important to our investigation , I may have to tell her by the way one more thing , where does your boyfriend work currently?” detective said as he noted something down.
“Ehm , he got called back “ temi said.
“got called back hmmm like ….”
“Uncle Igwe is now the CEO , he rehired him recently “ temi said.
“Oh I see, well thank you very much for your time “ the detective walked her to the door where sergeant Nonsa was waiting.
“Sergeant , please can you get Mrs.Boyle in?”
“Mrs.Boyle I thought you only wanted to see the daughter ?” the sergeant quite worried about the verbal confrontation between the widow and himself.
“we have new information sergeant and please send a corporal and two officers down to the the BOYLE’s contracting firm , we have our killers “
The detective said as the sergeant walked out quickly.
Back in the interview room , Mrs. Boyle had found her way to the chair in front of the detective , she was a bit cold and sad somehow ; probably her daughter may have told her what happened .
“I didn’t know detective “ She said.
The detective smiled dully.
“ that’s true madam , if you must know I was able to confirm my suspicion with the first wife who told me about one funny incident about Igwe boyle and a certain friend of his who…”
“you don’t understand …..”
“oh please madam , we are in the business of understanding , are you ready to tell me what happened because as we are speaking right now Igwe boyle and the contracted killer who happens to the boyfriend of your daughter are been confronted and will be brought back to the station, so please madam , a sentence of aiding and abetting 1st degree double murder carries the same sentence to the murderer himself, but I understand why you never quarreled even once with your husband even when he did those things to the house maids and your daughter , you were desperate , this was your second marriage and ….”
“I didn’t know he was going to kill him, I swear I didn’t know…” she said bitterly as she wept.
“….Igwe boyle had connected me with his brother , the plan was to get me inside the house and use me to collect money from the chief but the chief was as stingy as any other rich bastard , which was why the first wife did leave him plus the fact he was constantly on every girl he could find , with me the only wife I had no reason to comply with his brother’s wishes anymore then we began to quarrel but….” She paused to clean some tears from her eyes.
“but then I started to see the chief for who he was , the two housemaids were impregnated , I ahd to settle them to keep them quiet but…..” she wiped a bit more.
“..that bastard had the guts to rape my daughter too, igwe knew what had happened and told me , he begged me not to accost temi that he was going to take care of it” she shook her head bitterly.
“…..i didn’t know this was the plan , sure I would have screamed my heart at chief , I would take my daughter and leave the bastard ,I may have been desperate but not when it involved my daughter ,detective!” she said as she wept a bit more .
The detective sat there he felt bad for her truly , how sad an opportunistic and sadistic brother , a revenge hungry boyfriend and a victimized daughter and a woman who would do anything to keep her marriage intact .
He stood to leave and remembered something else.
“Ma, may I ask what temi’s boyfriend did as an employee before he was rehired by your late husband’s brother?”
“ He was my husband’s goto man , he did the paper work for most of his buildings and all that” She managed to say as she wept.
Detective John shook his head pitifully , Igwe must have convinced the poor bastard to get his revenge on his brother , temi’s boyfriend knowledge of the chief buildings too may have played a role in his ability to get into the house .
He stood by the door and took a cigarette out , days like this after a good case was solved he would prefer to take a smoke over drink.

THE END

THE GAME OF THRONES FICTIONAL AFRICAN TALE

KINGDOMS’S FALL PREMIERES TODAY

(1) (Reply)

I Am A Soldier / Radio Presenting Job Needed / the next nigerian nobel laureate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.