Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,988 members, 7,806,875 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman (58629 Views)

Is The Omu Anioma The Only Female Throne In Igbo Land? / Naomi Oluwaseyi, Ooni’s Wife, Prophesied Her Reign As Queen Over A Year Ago? / Shilekunola Moronke Naomi, Ooni’s New Wife Begins Duty As Queen Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by fowlyansh181(m): 2:25am On Jul 28, 2019
ozonechrome:

She doesn't sleep with the woman.

It's an igbo culture.
A woman can marry another woman and she's free
to sleep with any man she desires to get pregnant.

The woman who married her is responsible for the children as the children belongs to her.
thats still lesbianism, a man should marry a woman and a woman should marry a man, not this nonsense up here.. I’m Igbo and fck this culture.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 4:37am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
So you know more about the Okukumis than they know themselves? What do you know about the Yorubas?
Have you read their History?

The problem with most Yoruba's is the militant fascination you have for the Olukumi people of Delta north. Yes, its obvious that the Olukumi clan still retain some linguistical links similar to the Yoruboid language, however the truth remains that this people are now fully part of the Igbo nation in the past, present and in the future.
Don't forget that centuries have long passed, generations have come and gone when the Olukumi's long sojourned to their current abode. How on earth will a rational human being begin to start running amok on Wikipedia, sponsoring online propaganda in the cyberspace to now want them to turn around and become Yoruba overnight?
It's similar to the Nupes of Oyo who are now fully Yoruba's and no longer Nupe. Same goes for the Akoko's in Ondo, who are now Yoruba and no longer Edo. Same goes for the Eko people in Lagos who are are Aworis and no longer Edos. And same goes for the Igbo's in Bonny who are now Ijaws and no longer Igbo's.
You guys don't know the problems you are fanning amongst the Olukumi's in Aniocha North LGA. Do you know the distance that seperates them from the South West? Do you know the cultural and traditional affiliations that unites them with Ndigbo? Do you know the emotional affiliation of the Biafran war, the post civil war marginalization, and political cum economic survival of Ndigbo of which they are part of? Maybe you don't understand.
Do you know the centuries of brotherhood and peaceful coexistence that binds them with Ndigbo to the extent that we now tag their clan as the Olukumi clan of the Igbo people. Note, Igbo people and not Yoruba people.
Don't be surprised that Ndigbo see the manner at which some of you (both press and individual groups) are trying so hard to ginger them to begin a cultural revolution that may in time if foolishly not discontinued may lead to mistrust and send them evicted to your beloved embrace in the south west. But such acts, we shall never do, and so we expect you to accept them for who they are now and not what they were 400 centuries ago.
You Yoruba nationalist should stop fanning the embers of division amongst us and our brothers the Olukumi's, because what makes us Igbo is stronger than what doesn't connect. It is actually not a big deal to marvel at the preservation of some retained Olukumi Yoruboid dialect, but you should also know that they are now, Igbos and even have an Olukumi dialect of the Igbo language too. The Olukumi you think is Yoruba is only a few preserved word, which is fully Igbo in sentence and structure. You guys should be guided.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by godofuck231: 6:05am On Jul 28, 2019
Shalommy:
Who impregnant the OMU wives?
their laps
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by onyeopobo: 6:05am On Jul 28, 2019
PrecisionFx:

Arochukwu in Abia state have efik n Ibibio as part of them.

Enugu state have Igala, idoma n Bini among dem.

Anambra state has Bini n Igala among dem.

Ebonyi state have Efik among dem too.

The list is endless

at the bolded I keep forgetting to write that every time on these tribal threads No one seems to be saying that clear enough on these threads. I'm sure most igbos further north of Abia State do not fully know or understand how powerful the relationship is.

The people of Abia south and Akwa Ibom are practically thesame people. they have always been bilingual, speaking both igbo and qua ibo languages for centuries. This strong brotherhood for centuries is responsible for the creation of the Andoni(Obolo) people, who bear Akwa ibom names, practice Ngwa festivals, and speak a language that sounds akwa ibomish but if you understand central igbo you'd get atleast 30 percent of every conversation. It's important to ad that the Andoni also have a little mix of a now extinct ijaw tribe called defakha. The strongest hold of the Aro's was in today's Akwaibom while the Feared deity Ibini Ukpabi (An akwa ibom word) is in Abia state. The people of south Abia and Akwa Ibom have fought side by side on every war recorded in history. Any scholar of nigerian history would find this relationship worthy of deep study. I still am myself

Just putting this info out there for those who keep drawing dream maps and lines in the niger-delta. Know thy history!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by onyeopobo: 6:43am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
The 88% Igbo is from which research sir?

They can be Igbo, Fulani or Ijaw if they say so. Allow them to define themselves.

I know you're trying your best to sound intelligent but your political impartiality is so brazenly open. So many comments on this thread from people from the same place have commented saying they're proudly igbo people, and you're still saying the people should decide what to call their selves, you've skipped the video of the queen of Anioma proudly advocating for igbos to be one, you've skipped the twit of the current Gov who is from Ika, saying he was proud to be at the Ohaneze meeting and is proud of the igbo unity, What else do you want the Anioma people to do for you? do they have to show up to your house with placards and demonstrate? would that be enough to pacify you? You want us to accept the opinion your imaginary friend ebuka oliseh.

You refuse that the olukumi could have in centuries past settled in Anioma, you rather want people to say that they are originally from Anioma, but you're very quick to argue that the Ijaw people in Ondo state are mere settlers because there's no land borders between bayelsa and ondo state, so how close via water is ondo from bayelsa?

For the record, you peoples argument that igbo people started out in the west and morphed into igala and morphed into igbo people is quack science and defies biology, physics and human migration.

Here's a better layman explanation that could better debunk your myth. If you put a chunk of purple paint on one end of a rectangular basin and white paint on the other end, you'll get pink in the middle.

another one, you have white people in the north black people in the south and arabs in the middle. The metamorphosis starts in the middle. The Igala, ebira etc exist because of the cohabitation between the igbos on the east and the yorubas on the west. The igbo tribe is as original as the yoruba.

Watching the anioma queen speak so elagantly and proudly is quite emotional, I wonder how bad the Anioma people would feel reading these comments of other people trying to say that they are not igbo. How would you feel if a Hausa guy was trying hard to argue how non yoruba you and your village is? Stop it oh!

2 Likes

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 6:55am On Jul 28, 2019
olisaokere:

i would have argued further if you from said region with me but no need

No need, I know fully well.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
About 2hrs ago,i just discussed the same issue with a very handsome young man named Ebuka Olise(very sorry to disclose your name if you are reading this) from Oshimili LGA and he said ,even HE is not an Igboman!

The Elder Stateman, Philips Asiodu at the peak of the IPOB crisis berated Nnamdi Kanu for including Asaba in his Biafra and he said on AIT that he is not Igbo.

I you read the interview very well, you will see that the Priest-monarch also alluded to the diversity of their origin.

So there are indeed, several families from all these LGAs that reject the Igbo identity.
They can chose to call themselves whatever they like.

All these Lagos-Ibadan express newspaper and their lies from the time of awolowo.

Well nobody blames you guys again, is in built in ur genes.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 6:58am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
The 88% Igbo is from which research sir?

They can be Igbo, Fulani or Ijaw if they say so. Allow them to define themselves.

Lol

You truly behaving like your people.

haba.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:02am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
They bear Yoruba names too. Many Okukumis are now teaching their children their mother tongues instead of only conversing in Igbo.
Their King is Oloza (Oloja) Ayo Isinyemeje

Stop spreading ignorance.

In as much I know more than u , I don't dabble on their issues.

nobody is teaching any yoruba till this day..

you guys can never change

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:09am On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
It's most unfortunate that Colonialism happened to Africans the way it did.

In the distant part, like 1000years ago, almost all of Southern Nigeria were ONE People.

1) If you start from Ile-Ife in the West and you travel eastwards, you will notice that the languages keep metamorphosing untill it becomes Igbo in Onitsha, just on the Eastern banks of the River Niger.
We share many similarities than the Tribaliststs are aware.

Yorubas are in the Western end of the spectrum with Bini, Urhobo, Itshekiri, Igala, Ishan in between and Igbo is the Eastern end of the spectrum.

2) For Instance,

Orisha (Yoruba)= Oritse(Itsekiri)= Osaa (Bini)= Olise (Ika)= Olisa (Igbo)= Deity

Omo(Yoruba)= Oma (Igala)=Omo (Bini)= Umu(Igbo)= Child.

Asee(Yoruba)= Isee(Bini) =Isee( Igbo)= Amen

Okoro(Igbo)= Okunrin (Yoruba)= Man
Okorocha(Igbo)= Okunrin pupa(Yoruba)= Light complexioned man.

Dimkpa (Igbo)= Igiripa (Yoruba)= Fully grown man

Oba(Yoruba)= Oba (Bini)= Obi (Ika)= King
Okuta(Yoruba)= Okwuta(Bini)= Okwute( Igbo)= Stone.

Enu (Yoruba)= Onu (Igbo)= Mouth

There are no single similarities between igbos and Yorubas...

What your mind is telling u is fiction not reality.

Which Igbo man will go into alliance or a meaningful union with a Yoruba man unless the Igbo has so soon forgot history be or the calamity that will heavily befall him in such unholy union..

Affliction shall not arise the second time....even the Bible said that.

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 7:12am On Jul 28, 2019
fowlyansh181:
thats still lesbianism, a man should marry a woman and a woman should marry a man, not this nonsense up here.. I’m Igbo and fck this culture.

U igbo , exactly from where? tell us not that am igbo..

Unless you have sold your culture to the Portuguese be or no igbo historical tracing in ur land
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by samuk: 7:18am On Jul 28, 2019
amaniro:
Anioma people are igbo. Simple and short. Oma in igbo means good.you remixed your Ala to Ani

Oma in Edo also means good, what makes you think the word and it's meaning is unique to Igbo or even has it's root in Igbo. I can give you more words that mean exactly the same thing in both Edo and Igbo, When Eze Chime left Benin centuries ago to Onitsha via Anioma he took with him several Edo words which are still in use in Anioma and Igbo today.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by topstone4: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I doubt of u read this interview.

They are Anioma ethnic group.

Is now clear than over 94 percent of nairaland so only reads headline

Where is the study that proved that over 94% of people on nairaland only read headline?

Or you just fish that rubbish out of your anus
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by olisaokere(m): 9:37am On Jul 28, 2019
calculator123:

Glad to meet my brother here.
I rep Ubulu-uku kingdom.
Ayi buofu

Ofu Obi ka anyi Cho!..good to have you here

1 Like

Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 10:41am On Jul 28, 2019
samuk:

Oma in Edo also means good, what makes you think the word and it's meaning is unique to Igbo or even has it's root in Igbo. I can give you more words that mean exactly the same thing in both Edo and Igbo, When Eze Chime left Benin centuries ago to Onitsha via Anioma he took with him several Edo words which are still in use in Anioma and Igbo today.

You need to sleep.

nothing like that.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by einsteino(m): 10:52am On Jul 28, 2019
selemempe:
thats not true...1st of all there is nothing like anioma in the real sense...anio is an accroynm for aniocha, ndokwa, ika and oshimiri local govts of delta. The aniocha and oshimiri are pure 100% igbo...ika and ndokwa are mixed

When i saw omu of Anioma, I was like someone is high on steriods. I am ika, so I know fully well that ANIOMA is just an acronym that identifies a socio-political formation. It's only non Aniomas that ignorantly assume it is a tribe.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by fowlyansh181(m): 11:04am On Jul 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

U igbo , exactly from where? tell us not that am igbo..

Unless you have sold your culture to the Portuguese be or no igbo historical tracing in ur land
i no need prove anything .. abum ezigbo onye Igbo mana nkana asi, that culture gbakwa oku..
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Elemosho478: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2019
Eastlink:
The problem with most Yoruba's is the militant fascination you have for the Olukumi people of Delta north. Yes, its obvious that the Olukumi clan still retain some linguistical links similar to the Yoruboid language, however the truth remains that this people are now fully part of the Igbo nation in the past, present and in the future.
Don't forget that centuries have long passed, generations have come and gone when the Olukumi's long sojourned to their current abode. How on earth will a rational human being begin to start running amok on Wikipedia, sponsoring online propaganda in the cyberspace to now want them to turn around and become Yoruba overnight?
It's similar to the Nupes of Oyo who are now fully Yoruba's and no longer Nupe. Same goes for the Akoko's in Ondo, who are now Yoruba and no longer Edo. Same goes for the Eko people in Lagos who are are Aworis and no longer Edos. And same goes for the Igbo's in Bonny who are now Ijaws and no longer Igbo's.
You guys don't know the problems you are fanning amongst the Olukumi's in Aniocha North LGA. Do you know the distance that seperates them from the South West? Do you know the cultural and traditional affiliations that unites them with Ndigbo? Do you know the emotional affiliation of the Biafran war, the post civil war marginalization, and political cum economic survival of Ndigbo of which they are part of? Maybe you don't understand.
Do you know the centuries of brotherhood and peaceful coexistence that binds them with Ndigbo to the extent that we now tag their clan as the Olukumi clan of the Igbo people. Note, Igbo people and not Yoruba people.
Don't be surprised that Ndigbo see the manner at which some of you (both press and individual groups) are trying so hard to ginger them to begin a cultural revolution that may in time if foolishly not discontinued may lead to mistrust and send them evicted to your beloved embrace in the south west. But such acts, we shall never do, and so we expect you to accept them for who they are now and not what they were 400 centuries ago.
You Yoruba nationalist should stop fanning the embers of division amongst us and our brothers the Olukumi's, because what makes us Igbo is stronger than what doesn't connect. It is actually not a big deal to marvel at the preservation of some retained Olukumi Yoruboid dialect, but you should also know that they are now, Igbos and even have an Olukumi dialect of the Igbo language too. The Olukumi you think is Yoruba is only a few preserved word, which is fully Igbo in sentence and structure. You guys should be guided.

All what you wrote is full of gibberish and absolute fallacy

Nupe now Yoruba? grin

Olukumi people are Yoruba cry harder
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by oyatz(m): 12:52pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mr Man, calm down. Politics is a different matter entirely.
Anthropology, Archeology and Linguistics show that most Tribes in Southern Nigeria are far more related than the Tribaliststs assume.

MelesZenawi:

There are no single similarities between igbos and Yorubas...

What your mind is telling u is fiction not reality.

Which Igbo man will go into alliance or a meaningful union with a Yoruba man unless the Igbo has so soon forgot history be or the calamity that will heavily befall him in such unholy union..

Affliction shall not arise the second time....even the Bible said that.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 1:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
fowlyansh181:
It's not Lesbianism. You can spot the difference! You don't Bleep a culture you don't know. The culture is widely practiced in Igboland and has really helped a lot of Ladies have children of their own.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by oyatz(m): 1:07pm On Jul 28, 2019
Where did I refer to any Newspaper in my post?

Tribaliststs like you judge and evaluate People solely on the basis of Tribe instead of individually. Apart from cultural practices, individual members of a particular ethnic group may not have anything in born shared among them.
Human attributes like Laziness, treachery, hatred etc are not inbuilt (not genetic) among any tribe but are acquired based on backgrounds, upbringing or exposure of individuals and can be found in any tribe.

I wrongly assume that you must be educated enough to know all these.

MelesZenawi:

All these Lagos-Ibadan express newspaper and their lies from the time of awolowo.

Well nobody blames you guys again, is in built in ur genes.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by oyatz(m): 1:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Bros ,calm down and stop attributing so many things to me.

I have no qualms in anybody claiming any tribe/ethnic group, I just think I can contribute to what I think should be an intelligent discussion without unnecessary emotional outbursts from fellow disscusants.

Tribal identity is the least of my problems (not even a problem to me). I work in the private sector, I welcome and deal with any clients to patronize our services regardless of their tribes. I don't discriminate because money has no tribe!
This is my number-1 interest.
The igboness or non-igboness of any tribe does not put food on my table or pay my children' school fees sir.

onyeopobo:

I know you're trying your best to sound intelligent but your political impartiality is so brazenly open. So many comments on this thread from people from the same place have commented saying they're proudly igbo people, and you're still saying the people should decide what to call their selves, you've skipped the video of the queen of Anioma proudly advocating for igbos to be one, you've skipped the twit of the current Gov who is from Ika, saying he was proud to be at the Ohaneze meeting and is proud of the igbo unity, What else do you want the Anioma people to do for you? do they have to show up to your house with placards and demonstrate? would that be enough to pacify you? You want us to accept the opinion your imaginary friend ebuka oliseh.

You refuse that the olukumi could have in centuries past settled in Anioma, you rather want people to say that they are originally from Anioma, but you're very quick to argue that the Ijaw people in Ondo state are mere settlers because there's no land borders between bayelsa and ondo state, so how close via water is ondo from bayelsa?

For the record, you peoples argument that igbo people started out in the west and morphed into igala and morphed into igbo people is quack science and defies biology, physics and human migration.

Here's a better layman explanation that could better debunk your myth. If you put a chunk of purple paint on one end of a rectangular basin and white paint on the other end, you'll get pink in the middle.

another one, you have white people in the north black people in the south and arabs in the middle. The metamorphosis starts in the middle. The Igala, ebira etc exist because of the cohabitation between the igbos on the east and the yorubas on the west. The igbo tribe is as original as the yoruba.

Watching the anioma queen speak so elagantly and proudly is quite emotional, I wonder how bad the Anioma people would feel reading these comments of other people trying to say that they are not igbo. How would you feel if a Hausa guy was trying hard to argue how non yoruba you and your village is? Stop it oh!
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Eastlink(m): 1:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
Elemosho478:

All what you wrote is full of gibberish and absolute fallacy

Nupe now Yoruba? grin

Olukumi people are Yoruba cry harder

I can't teach a tapa history for free, first trace your roots before saying gibberish about others.
Olukumi's are Yoruba's are you happy now? Ondo and Osun are their dialectical brothers. Their people eat Amala and ewedu. Tiger clawed mark adorn their faces. Kunle, Abike and Ajasin are their lovely names.
Let the celebration begin in Oduduwa land. grin grin
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by onyeopobo: 2:00pm On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
Bros ,calm down and stop attributing so many things to me.

I have no qualms in anybody claiming any tribe/ethnic group, I just think I can contribute to what I think should be an intelligent discussion without unnecessary emotional outbursts from fellow disscusants.

Tribal identity is the least of my problems (not even a problem to me). I work in the private sector, I welcome and deal with any clients to patronize our services regardless of their tribes. I don't discriminate because money has no tribe!
This is my number-1 interest.
The igboness or non-igboness of any tribe does not put food on my table or pay my children' school fees sir.

My response to you is as intelligent as it gets (for me atleast). If you truly are an impartial person as you say, then your input in the thread is proving otherwise. You've been on the offensive since you jumped in with an obvious intent to undermine the igboness of the anioma people. That itself is an emotional conversation for those from there, I can imagine.

The polity is very heated right now, nigerians are at each others throat, to you - you're just having fun on NL trying to have an "intelligent conversation" by whipping up people's emotions on a very sensitive topic, you're not helping. 20 years ago I was an open minded young Nigerian open to all nigerian tribes, today unlike you I can not claim to be that. All because of the hate I consume on nairaland from comments and zingers like yours.

We could all do better, God help us all!
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
oyatz:
Mr Man, calm down. Politics is a different matter entirely.
Anthropology, Archeology and Linguistics show that most Tribes in Southern Nigeria are far more related than the Tribaliststs assume.

All those things are lies.

proper research will say otherwise
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by oyatz(m): 3:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
But who sleeps with the OMU to satisfy her sexual needs?
Do you honestly believe that becoming an OMU automatically abolish her sexual desires?

ozonechrome:

She doesn't sleep with the woman.

It's an igbo culture.
A woman can marry another woman and she's free
to sleep with any man she desires to get pregnant.

The woman who married her is responsible for the children as the children belongs to her.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by oyatz(m): 3:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Okay, I have heard you and you have won!

onyeopobo:

My response to you is as intelligent as it gets (for me atleast). If you truly are an impartial person as you say, then your input in the thread is proving otherwise. You've been on the offensive since you jumped in with an obvious intent to undermine the igboness of the anioma people. That itself is an emotional conversation for those from there, I can imagine.

The polity is very heated right now, nigerians are at each others throat, to you - you're just having fun on NL trying to have an "intelligent conversation" by whipping up people's emotions on a very sensitive topic, you're not helping. 20 years ago I was an open minded young Nigerian open to all nigerian tribes, today unlike you I can not claim to be that. All because of the hate I consume on nairaland from comments and zingers like yours.

We could all do better, God help us all!
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 3:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
fowlyansh181:
i no need prove anything .. abum ezigbo onye Igbo mana nkana asi, that culture gbakwa oku..

From where?

leave all these stories....ebe?
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by fowlyansh181(m): 3:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

From where?

leave all these stories....ebe?
enugu
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
fowlyansh181:
enugu
Alright for u....but for us
In my state , the tradition is still working and relevant till this day.

The white man has his and we have ours.
The woman is correctly right.
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
MelesZenawi:

I doubt of u read this interview.

They are Anioma ethnic group.

Is now clear than over 94 percent of nairaland so only reads headline

Anioma is igbo and igbo is Anioma and do you think
igbo is only in the five east state no we have igbo is some states too note before you say anything am from anioma and I have my own igbo name so we are all igbo
Re: Martha Dunkwu, The Omu Of Anioma: As Queen, I Can Only Marry A Woman by centboy123456(m): 3:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
pinkPUSSY:

Julismma Aka Osagyfo,You are the one that didn't read the content of what you posted.. Saying that Anioma is an ethnic group is like saying that Onisha or Nnewi is an ethnic group.
Anioma is a name given to Igbo speaking part of Delta State, Delta North to be precise by Chief Osadebe in 70's.
Anioma is not an ethnic group..
They are Igbos. Go and tell Ngozi Okonjo Iweala that she's not Igbo or Chuzie family..( The Biafran war commander) that they are not Igbos..

Stop chasing shadow by thinking you can divide Igbos simply because some fell into SS extraction.
This is your mission on nairaland with your numerous monikers. You opened this thread not because of the content of the news, but you opened it continue your failed game

@ the topic.. the thread is not about promoting lesibianism like some people are thinking due to headline ... It's about ensuring the continuation of a linage

bro that mind that guy am from Anioma and I have my igbo name am a full igbo man

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Princess Adeola, Daughter Of The Ooni Of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi / Welcome To The Village Where They Drink The Same Water With Goats (PHOTO) / Eyo Festival Ends With A Serious Fight Between Eyo Masquerades In Lagos (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.