Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,813 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show (34177 Views)

Emeka Woke Resigns As Rivers State Commissioner Of Special Projects / NBC Revokes Licences Of Silverbird, AIT, Raypower, Rhythm FM, Others / Coronavirus: Lagos State Goverment Disrupts Party, Seals Event Centers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by dre11(m): 9:02am On Jul 28, 2019
• It’s rape on democracy, Ogoni activist

by Bisi Olaniyi,

The Chief of Staff to Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State, Emeka Woke, yesterday stormed the studio of Rhythm 93.7 FM in Port Harcourt and disrupted a live programme.

Featuring on the programme was Chief Gani Topba, leader of Conscience of Ogoni People (formerly Ken Saro-Wiwa Associates).

Topba was on air to mobilise support for Ogoni women who have been occupying the flow station of Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) at Kula in Akuku-Toru Local Government Area of the state for about two years now.

The radio station is close to the Port Harcourt Government House.

Midway into the programme, Woke allegedly accompanied by some men, walked into the studio and disrupted the programme.

Topba expressed shock and disappointment at Woke’s action.

Speaking by phone last night, he said: “I was live on yesterday (Saturday) morning on Viewpoint when the Chief of Staff, Government House, Emeka Woke, suddenly barged into the studio and he started to abuse and insult me, calling me unprintable names, but I was calm, while Pastor Segun Owolabi (the presenter of the programme) was shocked by the show of shame, which was broadcast live.

“Not satisfied with abusing and insulting me, Woke, a former Chairman of Emohua LG Council, when Governor Wike was the Chairman of Obio/Akpor LG Council, moved towards me where I sat and he attempted to hit me, but other persons in the studio prevented him from doing so.

“I later saw that Woke came to the radio station with some people, with the intention of beating me up, for supporting a just cause. This is a rape on democracy. Ogoni people cannot be intimidated. Woke’s invasion of the studio is so unfortunate.

“Our leader and hero, Ken Saro-Wiwa, before he was hanged on November 10, 1995, was always asking us to embrace non-violent struggle. SPDC was sent packing from Ogoniland’s four LGAs of Khana, Gokana, Tai and Eleme in 1993. Ogoni people are supporting the Kalabari people, because we hate injustice and oppression. The protesting Kula women will surely get justice and they will not vacate the flow station, until the right things are done.

“Whether Woke likes it or not, Ogoni leaders will still go ahead to mobilise thousands of Ogoni women to Kula to solidarise with the protesting Kalabari women. An injury to one, is an injury to all. We (Ogoni people) are not afraid. If SPDC cannot intimidate Ogoni people in over 26 years, the Chief of Staff, Government House, Port Harcourt can never stop the massive mobilisation of Ogoni women to Kula.”

Woke could not be reached by phone for his comments yesterday.

He did not respond to repeated calls and a text message.

https://thenationonlineng.net/drama-as-wikes-aide-storms-radio-station-disrupts-live-show/

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by SLAP44: 9:12am On Jul 28, 2019
grin
Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Nemesis909: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2019
Is it not Wike and Woke?

Next it would be Wuke.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by asfrank(m): 9:25am On Jul 28, 2019
BY now this thread would hv been filled with unspeakable words if this act was carried out by the Federal Govt or any state controlled by APC.

125 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by tooth4tooth: 9:36am On Jul 28, 2019
Nemesis909:
Is it not Wike and Woke?

Next it would be Wuke.
And after,all of them will Waka.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by TimFisher2: 9:40am On Jul 28, 2019
undecided

Fabricated lies from APC henchmen just to bring Gov Wike down

Gov Wike must surely come out victoriously!

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Dansuqi: 9:43am On Jul 28, 2019
SLAP44:
grin
Wike and all his lieutenants are tyrannical and dictatorial.do you agree

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Dansuqi: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2019
TimFisher2:
undecided
Seems woke connived with spdc to shortchange kula people hence his reaction

3 Likes

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by 1shortblackboy: 9:45am On Jul 28, 2019
Thugs in power

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Africankel(m): 10:00am On Jul 28, 2019
Fabricated news. I know the writer Bisi Olaniyi personally, we have a very cordial relationship. And I can tell you for free that Bisi is a close ally and loyalist of Rotimi Amaechi.

If this happened in Rhythm FM, why is the news not airing on Rhythm 93.7fm or any other station. More so, Viewpoint is aired live on Saturday morning, at no point did we notice disruption from anyone. How possible is it for anyone to just walk into a studio when a live show is going on?

In addition, the oil in question is controlled by the Federal Government, a smart person would ask why Wike who is an apposition Governor would want to suppress an agitation directed at the federal government and Shell.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by HappyPagan: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2019
Africankel:
Fabricated news. I know the writer Bisi Olaniyi personally, we have a very cordial relationship. And I can tell you for free that Bisi is a close ally and loyalist of Rotimi Amaechi.

If this happened in Rhythm FM, why is the news not airing on Rhythm 93.7fm or any other station. More so, Viewpoint is aired live on Saturday morning, at no point did we notice disruption from anyone. How possible is it for anyone to just walk into a studio when a live show is going on?

In addition, the oil in question is controlled by the Federal Government, a smart person would ask why Wike who is an apposition Governor would want to suppress an agitation directed at the federal government and Shell.

I listened to the program live. The OP is true.

Your comment is full of unnecessary information. You know nothing.

118 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by emeijeh(m): 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wike, Woke, Wuke, Wake, Weke.

Na wah o grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by davibid: 5:09pm On Jul 28, 2019

A display of the type persons in Rivers State Government, abrupt display of thuggery

Meanwhile

SPDC has been a curse to many of their host communities in Nigeria and its a pity that the FG is allowing oil producing communities to suffer in the hands of the greedy multinational companies. SPDC will come to your community drill your oil with no intent of providing for the community the basic needs - water, electricity etc. rather they’ll intentionally instigate factions in the host community and while the factions fight each other they’re going about their operations uninterrupted. Indeed its appalling.

#KINGBID

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by RockHard: 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
Woke working for Wike. Hmmm. Wordplay wey make sense.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by pyro62(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
If it is portharcourt, nothing surprises me anymore. Wike and woke are greedy thieves. They want to steal the flowstation at kula from the kalabari clan. But God no go gree

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by princeade86(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Drama country.
Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by femtex007(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
I know some people will still support his action

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by englishmart(m): 5:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Mad people all over the Nigerian political sphere. A Democratic coup will soon happen lol.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by airsaylongcon: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nemesis909:
Is it not Wike and Woke?

Next it would be Wuke.

Looolz... Abeg o. My friend's name is Wuke(h)

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Fragility6: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
Just see my life. I don read post finish dey read comments before i get to know say no b wike dem dey talk. Mtcheew.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by merits(m): 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2019
R
Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jul 28, 2019
HappyPagan:

I listened to the program live. The OP is true.

Your comment is full of unnecessary information. You know nothing.
you listened to the program live and when the attack was going on they were still on air for you to hear the attack? not saying it is false o but make una sofri dea lie

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by AmazingELixir: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
grin grin grin

APC media goons are at it again supported by Apc wing of nairaland..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Jabioro: 5:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
Thank God it's dog eating dog instenstine.. assuming it was other way round democracy could have been rape in a broad daylight.

2 Likes

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by NOHOLDSBAR: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Where are the children of hate to condemn their fellow terrorist at work?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by seunfly: 5:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
asfrank:
BY now this thread would hv been filled with unspeakable words if this act was carried out by the Federal Govt or any state controlled by APC.

You dey mind the hipocrites, the funny thing is that, they are the same everywhere, be it online or in person. They will close their eyes or justify evil committed by their persived friendly group while exergirates the misdid of another. I really wants change in government and everything but, anytime I see that they are the alternative, I just wish otherwise.
Their actions shows they are not better, infact they are far worse. Imagine some people and party shouting Fulani this, Fulani that, yet they presented Fulani candidates as the presidential contestant because he has stolen money to spend, likewise they are shouting Northerners, yet they are ready to field northerner in the next election. Who is deceiving who?

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Jabioro: 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
Africankel:

I knew you will be here to counter it ...a live program...just go sit-down jejely..

12 Likes

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by yemison(m): 5:18pm On Jul 28, 2019
Democracy in my kwan3.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Emeka Woke Storms Rhythm 93.7 FM Radio Station, Disrupts Live Show by Opinedecandid(m): 5:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
Na we we.
Better than herdsmen's killing

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

After Buhari Give Us Peter Obi, Northerners Sing, Dance(Watch) / Lagos State Government Replaces Manhole Covers On Eko Bridge / Falz Condemns The 2023 General Election Result

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.