Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,603 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online (60890 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by nickxtra(m): 9:04am On Jul 28, 2019
The attached, is a letter written by a senior staff of School Post Graduate studies (Diploma), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, that has been trending in the social media.

The letter, dated and signed by one Mohammed D. Nasir, the course coordinator, in favour of a youth Corp's member, infact has a lot to tell the world that something is really wrong with our education system.

A course coordinator in the "almighty" Ahmadu Bello University, appending his signature to a badly written letter, without reading or really read it, yet despatched same as having been rightly written?

Please, read this letter and let's hear your opinion on same.

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:19am On Jul 28, 2019
Times without number, I've said that many of these so-called almighty institutions merely thrive on past glories.

240 Likes 15 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by nickxtra(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Times without number, I've said that many of these so-called almighty institutions merely thrive on past glories.
It's really pathetic

116 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by LordIsaac(m): 9:29am On Jul 28, 2019
It's shameful.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Oche211(m): 9:34am On Jul 28, 2019
The Nigeria educational system now thrives on past glory.
All they issue now is a worthless paper called Certificate.
Most grades are paid for in cash or in kind with little or no knowledge with the holder of such degrees.

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Dollarseeker: 9:56am On Jul 28, 2019
he got there through connection. with your connection you don't need to know book too much. me I too know book but still de search for work.

68 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by blujoi(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2019
Tomorrow you’ll see him being nominated as a minister or senator under quota system and we will be expecting progress

206 Likes 14 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Oshlander: 10:39am On Jul 28, 2019
Please all, let us just "regard restive urgently dishearting of this letter"

We hope you will emphasize on this letter and hostility grant approval to it.

If you don't understand what's up ☝ there, just negodu.

190 Likes 13 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 10:49am On Jul 28, 2019
It's a northern thing.....what do you expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here

78 Likes 6 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by 9jaBloke: 11:01am On Jul 28, 2019
This isn't funny, it is both sad and dangerous. One can't be this bad intellectually and be allowed to occupy a senior post in the educational/health sector of a country.

Nigeria may never work if we don't shelve politics and tell ourselves the truth.

32 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 11:24am On Jul 28, 2019
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

224 Likes 23 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by stanvesco(m): 11:26am On Jul 28, 2019
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.

123 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ijoba22(m): 11:29am On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=Obainoneandonly post=80704383]It's a northern thing.....what do you expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here [ 50% as cutoff mark, you are not ok

3 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by nams77: 11:33am On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
It's a northern thing.....what do you expect from a university that the cutoff mark is 50......even a shoe shine gets admitted.......they are in d same level as our secondary schools down south here
You just hit the nail on its head. They are mostly like this up there. This people are bent on dragging this country to the ground. Smh

A lot of them are in federal parastatals down south. My Nephew(a corp member) told me of his boss that can only sign signature. He can't read nor write very well. All he does is to append signature and yet, he is the boss of his department in WRPC ( Warri refining and petrochemical company).
Lord lugard abi na lord lizard needs to be flogged furiously for this grave mistake!
Lalasticlala come and see something

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:44am On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=ijoba22 post=80705445][/quote]its d truth bro..... If it's a level playing field and its made mandatory dat all cutoff mark should be 150 upwards, folks up there won't make it...... I know what am saying..... A university graduate up north Is equivalent to a secondary school holder down south here

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by jafardambatta: 11:46am On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.
As you rightly pointed out, the letter contains some obvious mistakes that cast doubt on its origin. It can never be from ABU

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by nams77: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all
My friend keep kwayet! I know medical doctors, engineer do make blunders since the use of English language is not there strong forte. In fact, every one makes mistake once in while, but a blunder like the one above is calamitous, frightening, horrendous....this is simply unacceptable bros. I just don't know what to say.
Pls stop supporting failure.
Don't bother to quote me as i won't respond.

124 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Obainoneandonly(m): 11:49am On Jul 28, 2019
nams77:

You just hit the nail on its head. They are mostly like this up there. This people are bent on dragging this country to the ground. Smh

A lot of them are in federal parastatals down south. My Nephew(a corp member) told me of his boss that can only sign signature. He can't read nor write very well. All he does is to append signature and yet, he is the boss of his department in WRPC ( Warri refining and petrochemical company).
Lord lugard abi na lord lizard needs to be flogged furiously for this grave mistake!
Lalasticlala come and see something
its d truth bro,all they do is take, they have nothing to give back to the country....... They are like a plague that have infested this country ........without them in dis country, we will be the same per with S/A,TUNISIA,MOROCCO in all ramifications

11 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by tayebest(m): 12:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:

It was even dated 2017 undecided

Someone from nowhere can form the letter with the DR's name on it. it now lies on the Hon chairman to detect a fake letter.

I even read someone up there saying ABU cut off mark is 50. WTF. angry

12 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by coldFLARES1(m): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
That letter must be a translation of a memo originally written in Hausa or Fulfude.

Honestly, on a level playing field, devoid of federal character or nepotism, these northerners would be no better than serving as domestic aides or farm hands to the southerners. But, give it to them, they already had it figured eons ago reason they secured political power as birthright and have had other pecks added, in the security of the Federal Character system for the purposes of admissions and recruitments.

In addition, this is why their elites have no qualms with the"education is haram" crusade that they are clandestinely using to put their majority in ignorance ao that thefew opportunities that they would still get can be shared,circulated among their small cliques.

25 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ijoba22(m): 12:17pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obainoneandonly:
its d truth bro..... If it's a level playing field and its made mandatory dat all cutoff mark should be 150 upwards, folks up there won't make it...... I know what am saying..... A university graduate up north Is equivalent to a secondary school holder down south here
bro to be honest am from south west, but I school in abu Zaria, the mentality that the north are not good in term of education, bro it's a capital nonsense and not reasonable, well I can't blame you because you lack exposures. Hausa belief school is not for everybody and some take up minor job to makeup for living, if you see the good one am very sure you can't withstand him in education competition both in oral and written

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Kingluqman(m): 12:50pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lol
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by oglalasioux(m): 12:56pm On Jul 28, 2019
Typist error.

The man signed a letter no one cared to proof read.

That hostility could have been holistically.

May our lives not be damaged by semi illiterate office secretaries.

5 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by seunmohmoh(f): 12:58pm On Jul 28, 2019
ok
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Cutealexio(m): 12:59pm On Jul 28, 2019
Like using there instead of their like you just did....(My friend keep kwayet is not a reasonable way to counter another person's opinion)
nams77:

My friend keep kwayet! I know medical doctors, engineer do make blunders since the use of English language is not there strong forte. In fact, every one makes mistake once in while, but a blunder like the one above is calamitous, frightening, horrendous....this is simply unacceptable bros. I just don't know what to say.
Pls stop supporting failure.
Don't bother to quote me as i won't respond.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by kenedy175(m): 1:03pm On Jul 28, 2019
I believe this is for comic relief
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by franchasng: 1:05pm On Jul 28, 2019
In every part of the world, The North is always known for being backward than the south.

Go to Korea, South Korea is heaven while North Korea is hell fire!

Go to Sudan now, South Sudan is a bit okay while North Sudan is burning like hell!

Check Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria.

Seems North means failure and backwardness, maybe cry

16 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by tpraiz(m): 1:06pm On Jul 28, 2019
My school, they just wan spoil our name.
It's SHIKA not skika grin
Ahmadu not Amedu undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by TheFacelessMan: 1:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
shocked

I can write 10 stories out of this letter only!

Haba!

3 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 1:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
franchasng:
In every part of the world, The North is always known for being backward than the south.

Go to Korea, South Korea is heaven while North Korea is hell fire!

Go to Sudan now, South Sudan is a bit okay while North Sudan is burning like hell!

Check Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria.

Seems North means failure and backwardness, maybe cry

grin grin YOu can lie sha, what of North America and South America ? cheesy

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by barojana: 1:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Lalasticlala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Tuition Fees Of Public Universities In Nigeria / Ejikeme Mmesoma: Can JAMB Type May This Way? / FUTMINNA Graduating Student Wears "Cheated In Every Exam" T-shirt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.