Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:59 PM

The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online (60920 Views)

Man Renounces Studentship Of ABU Over Murder Of Deborah / Throwback Photo Of ABU Zaria 8 Months Before Its Commissioning In 1962 / Scenic Pictures Of ABU Zaria Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by anonymous1759(m): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

God will bless you for me, you said my mind. We carry unnecessary things on our head. English language is a borrowed language for heavens sake. Some times where we grow up affect our speaking . If you grow up in a community where pigin English is thriving children there may find it difficult to adopt to fluent English. That does not make them less brilliant.
And the fact you're fluent in English doesn't make you intelligent some exposed illiterate speak good English but can't write.

It's only in Nigeria you'll make a valid point with wrong English and be criticized for your English but fail to take note of the point you raised by people who claim to be intelligent.
We're just to inferior to the west. I'm confident no British, American, or Dutch can beat me in pigin English.

3 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by maigemuu: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
nickxtra:
The attached, is a letter written by a senior staff of School Post Graduate studies (Diploma), Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, that has been trending in the social media.

The letter, dated and signed by one Mohammed D. Nasir, the course coordinator, in favour of a youth Corp's member, infact has a lot to tell the world that something is really wrong with our education system.

A course coordinator in the "almighty" Ahmadu Bello University, appending his signature to a badly written letter, without reading or really read it, yet despatched same as having been rightly written?

Please, read this letter and let's hear your opinion on same.

Buhari needs to write IELTS
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by skukimania(f): 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
He tried. grin
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
franchasng:
There is only two countries in North America, and they are USA and Canada!!

Mexico is in north america oga

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Ugosample(m): 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Use of English does not determine the level of intelligence. If you visit some countries in Europe or Asia you will see a lot of brilliant and intelligent professionals in various fields that speaks and write terribly but that does not mean they're not up to task in their specializations. If you are well travelled you will get used to ignoring grammatical blunders (ignore mine�) I don't know why Nigerians are so addicted to English Language.... It's only in Nigeria that they will doubt the competence of a doctor or an engineer because of his/her use of English. You can study these courses in other languages too... This shouldn't trend at all

what is this one saying?
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by bionixs: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
Oga, you are right but if our standard here is English, let us keep it English until we all agree to make it WAZOBIA. It is a shame sir

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Edyice: 6:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
The south has tried their best to carry the northerners along but

They only want to dominate

I blame LORD LUGARD for this
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by IamCharles123: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
Its a normal thing in the north
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by bionixs: 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
Edyice:
The south has tried their best to carry the northerners along but

I blame LORD LUGARD for this

deadload.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by OrdinaryNigeria(m): 6:30pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
can u please keep quiet. He shud ve written in language he best understood

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by KayB: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
That is the havoc the so called northern elites have caused Nigerian educational system simply because they have been in power more and want to be at par with others
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by enemyofprogress: 6:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
Haboooooooki grammar school
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by semuni: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
You just confirmed it.

uote author=stanvesco post=80705343]A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by bionixs: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco:
A wise man once said "a man who doesn't read is in no way different from a man who cannot read"!.
As a firebrand product of ABU Zaria ,I am pushed to defend my school; even though I know this is a joke.
Let me point out some obvious facts;
1) School name ; Ahmadu Bello not ahmedu bello
2) The teaching hospital affiliated to the school is located at Shika and not skika.
3) Alot of dents to point out to any intelligent folk who wants to debate with me
Lastly the writer is either a joker or he or she is suffering from schizophrenia and manifesting one of the symptoms of schizophrenia; tangentiality and word salad......
ABu Zaria may have rested a little on it oars, but let me say this loudly in a quiet tone; We still Great!.
Oga, you are a very smart liar
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Alanpoza007: 6:32pm On Jul 28, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Times without number, I've said that many of these so-called almighty institutions merely thrive on past glories.
Especially this pathetic overrated ABU. This is the University that receives the highest funding from the FG just because it's in the North but with no commensurate output. Just the other day, we were reading the likes of UNN, UI and Covenant Uni- a private Uni of just 17 years, leading in terms of ranking and citations but this big for nothing ABU was nowhere to be found. Nigeria is a scam. It's pitiful when the worst of us in every indices you think of i.e. the core North are the ones calling the shots in this pathetic country, while the more enterprising, educated and exposed South are relegated to the background.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by johnpablo541(m): 6:33pm On Jul 28, 2019
franchasng:
There is only two countries in North America, and they are USA and Canada!!
Not true.

There are several countries in north america. Mexico is located in north america

3 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by kuuljay(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
One joker probably a product of ebonyi state polytechnic who has never travelled outside abakaliki said ABU cut off mark is 50,lol those who went to proper higher education will know that letter is a pure joke,even a university business centre typist will never type such errors and present to you as it is... Pure mischievous joke for fools to have fun

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by calculator123(m): 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:
it is outright madness not being able to write or speak good English. For heaven sake, that was the language he was taught with from cradle.
A Chinese might be excused for blunders in English but can't be excused for blunders in Chinese, you know why?
Because that is his freaking language.
Last time I checked, English is still our language. So stop making up excuses for his ineptitude Biko.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by modsfucker: 6:34pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

Plus it is apparent that those mistakes are deliberate... No Agency or Department will allow such kind of letters to go outside, cos I know that all external correspondences are vetted in all organizations. I believe that the letter was deliberately concocted to disparage the University.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by olatunyemi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 28, 2019
Nigerians are always quick to react to nothing they know about. Exposure is killing some people and they parade themselves online as the brilliant ones.

1. It's Ahmadu not Ahmedu
2.Shika, not Skika
3. The letter head is not shika own and it was forged

2 Likes

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by onpoint69(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
[quote author=franchasng post=80707714]In every part of the world, The North is always known for being backward than the south.

Go to Korea, South Korea is heaven while North Korea is hell fire!

Go to Sudan now, South Sudan is a bit okay while North Sudan is burning like hell!

Check Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria.

Seems North means failure and backwardness, maybe

so how do you explain North America, that's the USA

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by flowx(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
E
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by musicwriter(m): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Cutealexio:

That would have been true IF education doesn't happen in English in Nigeria. By the way, I don't believe that letter is for real.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by AngelicBeing: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
shocked
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by perdollar(m): 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
he try pass buhari.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by greensandy: 6:39pm On Jul 28, 2019
franchasng:
In every part of the world, The North is always known for being backward than the south.

Go to Korea, South Korea is heaven while North Korea is hell fire!

Go to Sudan now, South Sudan is a bit okay while North Sudan is burning like hell!

Check Northern Nigeria and Southern Nigeria.

Seems North means failure and backwardness, maybe cry

That means you have not read about America.
North America or South America, which of the two is better?

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by drololaaof: 6:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
stanvesco thanks for your observations ,but who
are the people that wrote and sign the letter? REAL ABUTH should look into that.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by Stillthebest: 6:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
Forged letter head.

1 Like

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by ochiosa(m): 6:42pm On Jul 28, 2019
Those schools are overrated, the little bite they have is the mixture of the boys and girls from water-logged zone.
Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by calculator123(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
anonymous1759:

God will bless you for me, you said my mind. We carry unnecessary things on our head. English language is a borrowed language for heavens sake. Some times where we grow up affect our speaking . If you grow up in a community where pigin English is thriving children there may find it difficult to adopt to fluent English. That does not make them less brilliant.
And the fact you're fluent in English doesn't make you intelligent some exposed illiterate speak good English but can't write.

It's only in Nigeria you'll make a valid point with wrong English and be criticized for your English but fail to take note of the point you raised by people who claim to be intelligent.
We're just to inferior to the west. I'm confident no British, American, or Dutch can beat me in pigin English.
Dude chill.
What language was the said man taught In since cradle?
Assuming the above letter was a mistake from his secretary, what happened to proof reading before appending his signature?
This pathetic. Call a spade a spade.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Letter From Senior Staff Of ABU, Zaria That Is Trending Online by adecz: 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
Obviously fake..... undecided undecided lipsrsealed undecided

See the letterhead

" Ahmedu Bello'
"Skika"
"Dilpoma"

No place like that exists in Nigeria,
it even looks superimposed....

I suspect IPobians @work!! angry sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

University Of Calabar Suspends 4 Students Over “Water Ritual” / Christine Izuakor Breaks PhD Record In USA (Photos) / Drama You Will See As Schools Will Resume On Monday (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.