Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:56 AM

Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship (23959 Views)

Prof. Oladipo Akinkugbe Is Dead / Samuel Oladipo Suspended By UNILAG For “Sex For Admission” Scandal / Prof. Augustine Uzoma Nwagbara Sacked By Ghana Over 'Inciteful' Comments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Backo1: 4:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
gaetano:
NCAN abort mission, I repeat, abort mission. Subject is a FLATONJA
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by naijajobx: 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2019
Good
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by contigiency(m): 4:13pm On Jul 28, 2019
Better than the social vice called big brother naija that add no single value to the society.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by kinggSamuel(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

1st class in private uni is equal to 3rd class in Fed Uni .... Yen yen yen

This competition had the likes of OAU, UNN, Unilag and UI compete with their best, yet it is someone from a private uni that defeated all of them. During pressid Covenant led all Nigerian Universities the three times the competition was conducted.

Last year ABUAD dominated the law school exams with overall best from same ABUAD.
Do not say that. I graduated from a reputable private university. In private universities students that graduate with a first class merit it. Private university students receive more wholesome practicals and 'hands on lessons' mostly because their is a narrower lecturer student ratio than in the public unis where u see one lecturer responsible for 1000 students and comes to lecture only 3 times in a semester

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Stillthebest: 4:16pm On Jul 28, 2019
Firstorderwizard:
The mitochondrial gene which is 20% of an individuals genome is copied verbatim from mother to child..The rest is shared 50:50.
Therefore She has 60% of her mothers gene undecided

I'm I wrong to say Igbo amaka

Not supposed to be used there.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Tareq1105: 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2019
LordIsaac:
Yoruba-Igbo amaka? grin

Yes, we (Yoruba) married her pretty mother from Anambra State.

2 Likes

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by stankezzy: 4:22pm On Jul 28, 2019
It is d igbo blood in her that made her intelligent , if it was only afonjas nothing for her , igbo mother and yoruba father ,igbo amaka

2 Likes

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by bazzuman89: 4:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
wow
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by wizardus: 4:27pm On Jul 28, 2019
HigherEd:
Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria (CIBN), has awarded a £16,000 (N6.224million) scholarship to Miss Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo, a graduate of Covenant University, who emerged the winner of the 2019 Chartered Banker MBA (CBMBA) Scholarship Award for the best graduating student in the linkage institutions.

Oladipo emerged the winner following her outstanding performance at both the written assessment and oral interview held at the Bankers House, Lagos, landing her an award for a fully-paid tuition through the MBA programme.

The competition is an annual event organised by CIBN in collaboration with the Bangor Business School (Bangor University, UK) for the best graduating student of CIBN’s linkage institutions in Nigeria.

A total of 30 best graduating students in Banking and Finance Departments from 28 linkage institutions in the universities and polytechnics across Nigeria competed for the award.

The award, one of the advantages of the linkage partnership between the Institute and tertiary institutions, is aimed at recognising, rewarding and reinforcing the culture of excellence and hard work among students offering Banking and Finance with a view to raising a new generation of bankers, who would have respect for the values of hard work, ethics, and professionalism.

CBMBA Programme is an innovative international programme designed to adequately equip members in the financial industry with requisite knowledge, skills and competencies,

Upon successful completion of the programme, a unique triple qualification of MBA Banking & Finance of Bangor University, UK, Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, Scotland, UK, and Associate membership of the CIBN will be conferred.

https://m.guardian.ng/appointments/cibn-awards-16000-scholarship-to-student

Congrats
Keep soaring under papas grace
Visa ban: military officers, wives, children of election riggers included, Frank urges

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0k4ZR3r8Lg
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by gosmoney(m): 4:40pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

This competition had the likes of OAU, UNN, Unilag and UI compete with their best, yet it is someone from a private uni that defeated all of them. During pressid Covenant led all Nigerian Universities the three times the competition was conducted.

Last year ABUAD dominated the law school exams with overall best from same ABUAD.

federal university where dey use money to buy certificate?

1 Like

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Kingkun69(m): 4:53pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

Every competition is a d!ck measuring contest, and in this case Covenant's own is longer tongue
Since UI doesn't offer business courses as you suggested why then did they participate in last year's CFA competition? Which by the way Covenant still destroyed all them faces. angry

This is not holding brief for Covenant alone, but to let you know the private sector led initiative is taking over and a rebuff to the crappy, overhyped nonsense you call universities.
Even the UI's bursar jettisoned OAU, UniLag, UNN and ran his Masters and PhD in Babcock university.
see them when it's public that gets a small award they are better but when private gets a big grant or award they say it's not a competition

1 Like

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Igbokid: 5:01pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

UI does not have Banking and Finance . Not trying to take anything out of her effort tho.
Congrats to her
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by ugopeter(m): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

OAU unfortunately does not have a Banking and Finance Department. The nearest to such is either the Department of Accounting or Business Management

1 Like

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Firstorderwizard(m): 5:23pm On Jul 28, 2019
Stillthebest:

Not supposed to be used there.

What am I supposed to use
Okachamalu
Get the fvck outa my mentions lipsrsealed
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 28, 2019
gaetano:
NCAN abort mission, I repeat, abort mission. Subject is a FLATONJA

U are a clown I swear......I nearly fall comot chair while laughing.....

3 Likes

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Pasima(m): 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
What of unn
Dadean:
unilag won that same competition this year, no big deal.
just congratulate the winner and stop ranting.
can't indulge u in ur private vs public bullshii.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Stillthebest: 5:55pm On Jul 28, 2019
Firstorderwizard:

What am I supposed to use
Okachamalu
Get the fvck outa my mentions lipsrsealed

Olodo , 'verbatim' is used when you copy words for words. Keep using the word you ate ignorant of it's usage.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Sirwallace(m): 6:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
This a welcome development and worthwhile. It will encourage students to work hard for excellence. Contrary to what we have seen in the past where best graduating student are handed petty gift and cash.

By the way,

Hello well meaning nairalander, I am a graduate of mechanical engineering with second class upper in need of a job. Finished service year last march and looking for opportunity to gain experience in any engineering firm. Diversification in any capacity from management to finance, customer relationship and ICT will also be appreciated.

I would really appreciate this kind gesture.
My email is ajayioladeji2015@gmail.com

Thank you!
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Akinyemitp2: 7:24pm On Jul 28, 2019
My dear, OAU do not have banking and finance Department.
So move on and stop beefing us. Greatness is in our DNA & we do not shout
barojana:

1 Like

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by mechanics(m): 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Congrats to her.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Naikkie(f): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
Students from other schools have gotten the awards in the past right? . Congrats to her. Get you facts right about pressid, Convenant was significantly represented like most federal universities but did not dominate. There were still more unilag, UI and OAU students in pressid.. I see Convenant dominating academically in future if they collaborate more on global research. Convenant has great prospects. In US at present Harvard,MIT, Caltech, Stanford are higher in ranking than the top public universities. Convenant is on that route...

barojana:

Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by marcusaurelio(m): 8:08pm On Jul 28, 2019
What’s with nairaland and tribalism? As for those claiming her bc of the scholarship she’s yoruba and the mom is igbo. Oladipo is her fathers name from Ekiti state but I think Ekiti is a Nigerian state. She’s a full blooded Nigerian like everyone on here.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by OGHENAOGIE(m): 9:43pm On Jul 28, 2019
those shouting why spend money on BBN can see that all it takes is for individuals companies and community to sponsor academic achievements there is still bbn going and this is happening so bbn should be left alone from criticism
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Rajosh(m): 10:51pm On Jul 28, 2019
englishmart:
Cash would have been better for me.
Upon successful completion of the programme, a unique triple qualification of MBA Banking & Finance of Bangor University, UK, Associate membership of the Chartered Institute of Bankers, Scotland, UK, and Associate membership of the CIBN will be conferred.

Baba e be like say you no read this part.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Withambition(m): 11:09pm On Jul 28, 2019
barojana:

stop saying rubbish! Yes, an ABUAD graduate was the best graduating student; while ABUAD produced 12 first class graduates, UNILAG and OAU produced 20 first graduates each.

I'm not a fan of this type of argument anyway. It depends on effort individual students put.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by barojana: 8:29am On Jul 29, 2019
Withambition:
stop saying rubbish! Yes, an ABUAD graduate was the best graduating student; while ABUAD produced 12 first class graduates, UNILAG and OAU produced 20 first graduates each.

I'm not a fan of this type of argument anyway. It depends on effort individual students put.
You are a sule. Abuad was represented by 50 students, oau, Unilag and rest presumably had over 100 people repping them.
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by Ajibade123(m): 9:06am On Jul 29, 2019
wow this is so cool... you too can do it
see how you can raise your GPA in one semester https://explicitsuccess.com/how-to-raise-your-gpa-in-one-semester/
Re: Okikioluwa Uzoma Oladipo Receives £16000 CBMBA Scholarship by DEMZEE(m): 11:04am On Jul 29, 2019
Private universities in Nigeria; Producing overrated graduates and all their facilities are underutilised

https:///UIfs.gif

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NBTE Unveils Online Programmes For HND Conversion To Bsc In One Year / Studying Microbiology Or Medlab Which Is Better? / ASUU Says The Strike Will Be Called Off Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.