Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,324 members, 7,780,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:43 PM

CURSED - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / CURSED (12466 Views)

LEGACIES: BLESSED AND CURSED ( Book 2 Of The Supremacy Series ) / 10 Cursed Books That You Should Avoid Reading At All Costs / Top Ten Cursed Books You Should Never Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CURSED by Akinwale14(m): 6:38am On Aug 28, 2019
everton4life:
SURE THING BRO. Send N200 9mobile pin to 0.8.1.8.2.2.7.8.3.1.0. Would You Like The Pdf Or Word Version?
I tot u said its Glo #200 because i don buy the glo card since yesterday,i prefer word version.
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 9:14am On Aug 28, 2019
Akinwale14:
I tot u said its Glo #200 because i don buy the glo card since yesterday,i prefer word version.
LOL. I use both glo and 9mobile lines. But because of glo and their network wahala thats why i said 9mobile. But its alright sha. Still send the glo card along with your email.
Re: CURSED by Tonyspecial(m): 10:25am On Aug 28, 2019
Nice
Re: CURSED by Akinwale14(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2019
everton4life:
LOL. I use both glo and 9mobile lines. But because of glo and their network wahala thats why i said 9mobile. But its alright sha. Still send the glo card along with your email.
OK i will send it right away
Re: CURSED by Kaycee9242(m): 1:19pm On Aug 29, 2019
nice story u have here, keep it up op

but how come Felix father is not bothered about his missing son, no report has been made to the poloce and how is Felix coping with his school records since the new Felicia registered with another name.

2 Likes

Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 1:29pm On Sep 01, 2019
Men, It's been four months since we heard from Felix. Where the hell is he?" Cynthia said.
I watched Chisom look at me and then shrugged and Fred sipped on a juice packet awkwardly.
Cynthia looked at him in suspicion.
"Fred, do you know something we don't?"
He almost choked on the juice box.
"Who me?" He asked, trying to sound innocent.
I glared at Fred. I swear if he slips up and says something...
"Yeah, who else was i talking to?." She looked at him incredulously.
Luckily,Jennifer walked over to our table and sat next to me.
She sighed heavily.
I ignored her at first but she kept doing it, sort of like she wanted my attention.
"What's wrong?" I asked.
"There's this big math test coming up and, even though you have been tutoring me, I feel like I wont pass."
"Why do you say that, Jen?" Chisom asked, jumping into our conversation.
"Because, It's on everything we have learned and I can barely remember any of it." She replied.
Chisom laughed.
" I'm serious, this is not a laughing matter." She pouted.
"You'll do fine." He assured her.
I nodded in agreement.
"Chisom is right. I've seen the improvement and besides we can recap a few things if you want." I assured her.
Her eyes shone like diamonds.
"Really? Oh,thank you Felicia" She thanked me with a bright smile, maybe the brightest I've seen so far.
"So what problems do you want to relearn?" Chisom asked her.
She smiled.
"All."
Chisom and I looked at her and then each other.
"Jennifer, when is this test?" We both asked. Did i mention me and her are in the same faculty but different departments? Oh well,i just did.
"Tomorrow."
I was about to faint.
"Jennifer....." I started calmly.
"...why the hell did you tell me now?!!!!" I picked up my tone.
I was quite angry now.
"Sorry, It's just that I thought I could do it by my self."
"How long have you know?" I asked.
She looked away.
"Jennifer!" I exclaimed, Cynthia and Fred who were arguing about something stopped and were now focused on us.
"A week."
"A week!"
What is wrong with her?
"Jennifer, really? Why didn't you just come to me in the first place?"
"I didn't want to bother you." She said, trying to sound innocent but I was not falling for that.
She always played the 'I'm innocent and naive' card when she knew she was in trouble.
"Stop acting like you are innocent, I'm not falling for that trick."
She began to whimper.
"Don't do it." I said.
"Jennifer, I'm warning you." I continued.
Her eyes began to glaze over.
"Stop it."
It was too late, here came the tears.
She began wailing loudly, the table next to ours began looking at her.
"Jennifer, stop it." I said.
I hated when she cried. Once I could deal with it but now it was annoying, and she knows how much I hate it when she cried.
"I'm sorry. I just want to pass." She said as she wailed loudly.
I looked over at Chisom and he shrugged.
"Jennifer stop already, we'll teach you." I sighed.
"Wow, we? You mean you." Chisom whispered over to me.
"No, you are helping me. I might be skilled but there's no way I could teach her a whole semester of maths in one day."I whispered back.
"You owe me." He frowned.
"Whatever."
I looked over at Jennifer, she was wiping her tears with her sleeve.
"Come to my house after school."
Chisom and I both blanched. Jennifer had placed all the books and assignments she had used this semester and the pile was high.
"Jennifer,this is all of it, right?" Chisom asked.
"Well, this is from the first semester."
She pulled out two plastic bags and placed them on the table.
"These are from now." She said with a smile.
"Felix, I'm going to die." Chisom whispered in my ear.
"Don't die....yet. I need your help." I whispered back.
"What are you both whispering about?" She stared humorously at us.
"Nothing Jen. Ok, where should we start?" Chisom said but began to get lost when he looked at the pile again.
Jennifer shrugged.
"Well we can start with fractions since I'm really bad at those."
"You mean like multiplying them?" Chisom asked her.
"Yeah and everything else."
He looked at me with an expression that said 'Please kill me now.'
"Ok lets get started." I said as I grabbed one of Jennifer's books.
I sat at the kitchen table looking at Chisom's and Jennifer's facial expression. She looked like she was souless and Chisom seemed to be joining her soon.
"Felicia, do you think you could explain it to her?" Chisom said in a shaky voice.
We had been siting here for a good three hours and so far we only manged to get trough one book. Jennifer seemed to get a few things but she still needed help understanding the other things.
"What about we take a quick break?" I suggested.
Their expressions changed quickly.
"Yes please!" They both exclaimed.
"Only five minutes, we need as much time as we can get."
Their face went back to how it was before but they shook it off quick.
"Five is better than nothing." Chisom said and Jennifer nodded in agreement.
They both sighed. Jennifer began to stretch while Chisom went over to the shelf.
"Wow Felicia, you have chocolate. Is it the female taste buds?" He carelessly said.
I glared at him and he must have realized what he said since he was covering his mouth.
"Don't act like guys don't like chocolate." Jennifer said in the middle of touching her toes.
We both sighed in relief.
The thing is I can give her hints but in the end she needs to figure it out on her own. This is the only way to turn me back.
Chisom grabbed a chocolate bar and began eating nervously. He knows I'm going to get him back.
I looked over at the clock.
"It's time to start again."
"Haba Felicia, just five more minutes." Jennifer begged.
"Jennifer, you need all the time you can get. If you would have told us sooner..." I began.
"We wouldn't be in this situation." She finished my sentence while mimicking my voice.
I stared at her and she stared back.
"Ok,ok lets start." Chisom said, Jennifer and I were still having a staring contest.
"Guys?" He said.
I looked away and grabbed another math book.
"Fine." She said as she grabbed her note book and pen.
3 A.M.
I looked over at Chisom, he was sleeping. His head was on the kitchen table and he was drooling all over it. I'm going to make him clean that up later. As for Jennifer, she was trying not to fall asleep. I watched her slowly close her eyes and opening them and I have to admit that her effort was cute.
"Jennifer." I whispered gently.
She looked up from her math book.
"Yes?" She asked me.
"Go to sleep, you need to rest for the test. You can sleep on my bed."
"But we still have two more books."
"Don't worry about it. Go to sleep, I'll figure something out." I said.
I did not realize it until she mentioned it but I was smiling.
She smiled back.
"Ok, good night Felicia" She said before heading to my room.
I grabbed a blank sheet of paper and began writing.

"Bro, you look like you are about to die." Chisom said as he chewed on a SNICKERS bar.
I ignored him.
"Good morning!" Jennifer exclaimed happily as she walked into the kitchen.
"Ah Jen, no need to be this loud at six in the morning." Chisom said as he grabbed a cup of coffee.
She smiled and walked over to me.
"How did you sleep?" She asked.
As on cue, I began to doze off.
"Oh no.don't tell me.." Her eyes went wide with realization.
"Yeah, She's been up all night." Chisom told her.
"Felicia, why did you not go to bed!" She exclaimed, angry at me.
"Here." I said.
"What is this?" She asked as she took the folded up piece of paper from my hand.
"I wrote down a few things so you could understand it." I simply said.
"Felicia,did you stay up all night just for me?"
Her eyes had a glow and it caused me to blush.
"Y..yeah." I stuttered.
She squealed and hugged me.
"Thank you so much. I promise I will pass."
I nodded.
"Guys we need to leave soon." Chisom announced.
When I got home from school, I did not waste anytime. As soon as I walked trough my front door, I passed out in exhaustion. The next day Jennifer got her math score.
"I got a 19!" She exclaimed.
The other people turned to see what the commotion was all about but ignored it after realizing it was nothing.
"We did it!" Chisom exclaimed.
"Why don't we celebrate." He added.
"Yeah, how about tomorrow you both come over to my house ? My Brother is going on a business trip and I don't really want be alone." Jennifer said,mumbling the last part.
"Sounds alright. what do you think,Felicia?" Chisom asked.
I shrugged.
"Whatever."
She smiled and whispered so I would only hear her.
"Thanks for the study sheet, that helped me a lot."
And then she kissed me on the cheek.
"N..n.no problem." I stuttered.
"Aww aren't you both cute?" Chisom teased.
"Shut up." I said as I punched him.
Jennifer just laughed the whole time.

2 Likes

Re: CURSED by Mielekcezylil(m): 1:59pm On Sep 01, 2019
Interesting, so interesting
Re: CURSED by queenitee(f): 3:28pm On Sep 01, 2019
But Jenny, why so dumb?
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 4:37pm On Sep 04, 2019
"What are they doing here?" I asked in disbelief.
"Well Cynthia insisted on coming and Fred came along after Cynthia told him about our get together."
"The more the merrier." Chisom said happily as he bit into a chicken leg.
"You didn't cook today, Jen?" Fred asked.
"No, I was busy getting things ready so I just bought some chicken."
Now that I noticed, Jennifer does look a bit different, but what is it? I can't tell.
"Oh Felicia. I remembered you telling me that you don't particularly eat meat, so I did get something special just for you." She told me as she pointed to a plate wrapped in foil.
"I made some shrimp and vegetables. Sea food is fine right?"
I nodded.
"Great! I'm happy that it's ok, I was really worried that you wouldn't like it."
She was worried?
"Anyway I'm going to go see what the others are doing." And with that she left the kitchen and headed towards her living room.
I opened my plate and for some reason I felt myself blushing.Stupid girl hormones.
"Party! It's a party!" Cynthia shouted as she lifted her cup in the air.
What in the world is she drinking that is making her like that? I know for sure that Jennifer did not give her any alcohol since her brother hides his stack very well. He's been drinking a lot since the divorce. I kind of wondered though.Was that a good thing? I mean he wanted Jennifer to keep her mind away from their parent's divorce but i don't see how turning alcholic overnight will help matters. I noticed Fred was sneaking his way towards the drink bowl Jennifer had made.
"Fred,what are you doing?" I asked as I walked towards him.
"Nothing much, just gettin a drink." he replied.
I had a feeling he was doing more than that.
"So what are you hiding behind your back?" I asked. This startled him and I knew something was up for sure now.
"What are talking you about? I'm not hiding anything"
"Then show me your hands if this is true."
He showed me his right hand and then his left after placing his right hand behind his back again. I was starting to get annoyed so with one quick movement I managed to snatch whatever he was hiding. I looked down at my hands and anger washed over me.
"Fred! Why the hell are you spiking the punch and why the hell do you have this?!" I said.
Fred scoffed.
"Chill, I'm just trying to lighten up the party. You're always killing a brother's vibe."
I smacked him on the back of his head and then dumped the bowl in the sink. Jennifer was playing music so everyone missed Fred and I's argument. Jennifer walked into the kitchen and noticed what I was doing.
"Felicia!" She shouted.
"Why are dumping out the drink?"
"Fred spiked it." I gestured to my bone-headed brother.
"What! So this is why Cynthia is acting funny." She said as she pondered about Cynthia's behavior.
"I'll go get some more, I think I still have time."
She shook her head.
"Don't worry about it. I bought bigi anyway so it's fine."
I nodded.
What was so different about her today? ......Wait a minute!
"Jennifer, are you wearing makeup?"
She blushed.
"Yeah, Cynthia said I should try to look good since this is a special occasion."
Now that I think about it she is the only one who is dressed up.
Compared to the rest of us, Jennifer is the only one dressed like she is going to an actual party. I looked at her closely.
"You didn't have to wear a skirt you know, Cynthia is wearing jeans and a jersey."
"I know." She said quickly and angrily, startling me for a second.
"I just wanted to...I wanted to...never mind." She said as she left the kitchen.
Sometimes I wonder what goes through her head.
"Where is the punch?" Cynthia asked out loud, sounding a bit buzzed.
"Felicia got rid of it." Jennifer informed her.
"What. Why? I was liking it." She said as she did some kind of spin.
Jennifer laughed at the drunk girl and then her eyes met mine. She looked away quickly and helped Cynthia take a seat on the couch. I sighed. Why is she angry now?
"Girl problems huh?" Chisom said as he came out of nowhere.
"What.No."
"I know that expression." He said as he looked at Jennifer.
"What did you do now?" He asked, looking back at me.
"If I knew I wouldn't be in this mess. She was fine a couple of seconds ago and then, after talking to her in the kitchen, she started to act this way."
"What did you tell her in the kitchen?" He asked me.
"I was just wondering why she was so dressed up."
He looked at me and shook his head.
"What?" I asked.
"Well I think she wants to impress you. Think about it, you kissed her as a girl and she did not push you away. Chances are that she does like Felicia, but Felix better watch out." He said the last part in a smirk. Just to be clear,i told him about that night at the party.
I rolled my eyes at his wack joke.
Fred dived into the conversation.
"You both kissed! I never thought you had it in you. " He laughed hysterically.
I shook my head and walked away from the both of them.
"Jennifer, can we talk?" I asked her.
She looked at me and back at Cynthia.
"Sure." She said as she got up.
"Guys.." Cynthia said.
"Yeah ?" Jennifer asked her.
"I don't feel alright."
And before Jennifer and I could do anything, Cynthia vomited allover me.
Just great.
Chisom rushed over to the kitchen, probably to get napkins, and Fred stood there laughing. That's my brother for you.
"Here, you can use my shower." Jennifer said as she handed me some clothes.
"Here's a pair I never wore so you can use them." She said as she handed me a pair of pink stripped boy shorts. It just had to be pink.
"I'm downstairs, or do you want me to stay with you?"
"No no, you can go." I said.
She nodded and left her room.
I looked at the underwear she gave me and blushed. I know she said that she never wore them but just think about her in them made me... Ok stop thinking about it. Maybe I should take a cold shower. What is going on with me? I never thought of Jennifer like this, I mean have I? I don't know. Do I...like her? I shook my head and hoped into the shower.
Four minutes later I was out and dressed. I headed back downstairs but saw no one except for Jennifer.
"Where is everyone?" I asked.
"Fred took Cynthia home and Chisom said he had something to do that he forgot of." She replied.
I nodded.
"Sorry Cynthia vomitted on you." She said
I shook my head.
"It's not your fault so don't worry about it."
She smiled and I did it again, I blushed.
"Felicia are you ok? You're a bit...."
I don't know what motivated me. Maybe my body got taken over by some unknown being, sounds logical considering my situation. But whatever it was pushed me to do the unthinkable. For the second time in my life I found my lips pressed on hers. Surprisingly,she did not push me away. Actually, she was kissing back. This kiss was different than our two previous ones. If this kiss could talk it would be probably saying 'I want more. Give me more.'
My tongue pressed against her lips, it was like I was begging her to open her mouth all the way. At first she was hesitant but, after a couple of more seconds of me pressing my tongue on her lips, she did. I was kissing Jennifer with tongue. I never thought this day would be happening. I pressed her against the white leather couch and began to unzip her blouse. Since she made no effort to stop me I continued with taking it off. Now she was just wearing a tank-top and skirt. I left her lips and began sucking on her neck, I really don't know what possessed me to do all of this but what ever it was I hope it does not stop because I'm loving this feeling. I began to take her tank-top off and Jennifer went for my shirt. Here we were, Jennifer with no shirt, just a bra and skirt on , and me with a shirt lifted over my chest but still on. I went for one more kiss before giving her a look that asked 'Are you sure'? She gave me another look that said 'I'm ready'. I nodded and went for her bra when I heard something. Jennifer and I both turned our heads towards the front door and before we could move apart,Kevin walked in.
"Hey,I'm home..."
He stopped talking when he noticed us on the couch.

2 Likes

Re: CURSED by YoungBruzzy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 04, 2019
This is a wonderful story.. Great job Everton4life.. more update man
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 11:40am On Sep 05, 2019
undecided
Re: CURSED by Tonyspecial(m): 12:13pm On Sep 05, 2019
Yawa Don Gaz
Re: CURSED by queenitee(f): 9:55pm On Sep 05, 2019
Tor
Re: CURSED by PrudySara(f): 11:08am On Sep 06, 2019
Gbagaun!
Welldon O.P
Re: CURSED by izaray(f): 11:33am On Sep 06, 2019
Lol, e don happen

Thanks for the update
Re: CURSED by Opeoluwa99(f): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2019
Great work
I'm not sure but I think Felix and Fred's mum was never mentioned
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 9:35pm On Sep 07, 2019
Opeoluwa99:
Great work
I'm not sure but I think Felix and Fred's mum was never mentioned
It Would Be Focused On Later
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
sad Sorry Ive Not Been As Consistent In Updating As Before, Guys. Ive Been Facing A Lot Of Problems For The Past Few Months Now. Truth Be Told Im "suffering And Smiling" Presently. Im Owed Three Months Salary The Way Things Are And Im Presently Broke. Ive Fallen Into Depression And Its Affecting My Morale And Health. I Even Thought Posting This Story On Okadabooks Could Be A Way To Generate Funds On The Side But Till Today No Download. Im Guessing The Story Is Not That Good. The Financial Problems Im Facing Is Really Eating Me Inside. Im Not New To Suffering But This One Is A Whole New Level. Haven't Eaten Well Since Wednesday And Im Very Weak At The Moment. To Buy Food Self Is Even A Problem. Im Not Saying All These To Garner Sympathy, Im Just Trying To Be Open And Want Everyone To Understand And Bear With Me. Life Can Be A B*tch Sometimes. Ill Try My Best To Keep On Updating.

Ps: Please Don't This As A Suicide Note O. Lol.
Thanks For Your Understanding.

3 Likes

Re: CURSED by iamlynn(f): 11:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
everton4life:
sad Sorry Ive Not Been As Consistent In Updating As Before, Guys. Ive Been Facing A Lot Of Problems For The Past Few Months Now. Truth Be Told Im "suffering And Smiling" Presently. Im Owed Three Months Salary The Way Things Are And Im Presently Broke. Ive Fallen Into Depression And Its Affecting My Morale And Health. I Even Thought Posting This Story On Okadabooks Could Be A Way To Generate Funds On The Side But Till Today No Download. Im Guessing The Story Is Not That Good. The Financial Problems Im Facing Is Really Eating Me Inside. Im Not New To Suffering But This One Is A Whole New Level. Haven't Eaten Well Since Wednesday And Im Very Weak At The Moment. To Buy Food Self Is Even A Problem. Im Not Saying All These To Garner Sympathy, Im Just Trying To Be Open And Want Everyone To Understand And Bear With Me. Life Can Be A B*tch Sometimes. Ill Try My Best To Keep On Updating.

You'll be fine
Re: CURSED by jbtobsyn(m): 7:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
everton4life:
It Would Be Focused On Later
I want to buy this story with recharge card.
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 11:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
jbtobsyn:

I want to buy this story with recharge card.
Alright. Send N200 9mobile Pin And Your Email To 0.8.1.8.2.2.7.8.3.1.0 And Ill Send It To Your Mail.
Re: CURSED by Bibyken(f): 4:39am On Sep 10, 2019
Thanks for the mention
everton4life:
Rubenson ofez hadampson divepen1 daddio tonyspecial meedon zamar doubral2 ann2012 emmydiamon skubido tosinex bissa45 iamlynn oyoforum bibyken pinkberry5 zeejewel izaray prudysara emex100 hardeydun janet96 zamar hormoty olorichubbie afz9095 victorzeus osch10 youngbruzzy timba24 nuel45 dragonstar14 reallordzeus vidamia victhory michael123pelemo littleguy444 emmiekeyz oluwabuqqyYOLO tiffanyfan psmark yujiz adesammy111 nzesteve masonkendall.

Kindly fall in and let's get this show on the road.
Re: CURSED by jbtobsyn(m): 6:54am On Sep 10, 2019
everton4life:
Alright. Send N200 9mobile Pin And Your Email To 0.8.1.8.2.2.7.8.3.1.0 And Ill Send It To Your Mail.
How about I buy airtime from my bank for you.
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 9:47am On Sep 10, 2019
jbtobsyn:
How about I buy airtime from my bank for you.
ALRIGHT
Re: CURSED by queenitee(f): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2019
everton4life:

It's going to be alright, I'm very sorry.
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 6:54pm On Sep 10, 2019
It took me a moment for my brain to process but when it did it told me to quickly get off of Jennifer and lift my shirt back down. Jennifer kept staring at her brother in shock for a few more seconds before doing the same.
We both looked away from Kevin.
"You both have some explaining to do." He said as he began walking through the passage.
I looked down hoping that Jennifer would do all the talking since I don't know what to say.
"So Jennifer?" Kevin questioned as he sat on a seat the beside the couch.
Jennifer looked up at her brother and I could tell she was mortified at this moment. I mean who wants their sibling to walk in on them? Especially with the same sex.
"Kevin....." She began." It's complicated.I know im not supposed to say this but....l love felicia"
Just like that she dropped it and we both stared at her in shock. We are talking about possibilities of a fourteen-year sentence if this got public. We know its only her brother but still.
Kevin sighed after a few more seconds of silence. We both stared anxiously at him as we awaited the verdict.
"Don't do these kind of stuff on the seat next time."
Now it was Jennifer's turn to look at him with shock.
"You don't mind?" She asked.
I knew Kevin was very overprotective of his sister but I never thought he'd be ok with this. I didn't even know what to say.
"You are able to make your own decision so I won't stop you. Just do these kind of things in private."
She smiled and hugged him.
"Thank you." She squealed as she practically squeezed her brother to death, but he seemed to not mind it at all.
I stood in front of Jennifer's gate with her next to me, I definitely could not stay the night in these circumstances. It was quiet except for the sounds of crickets and other insects.
"Sorry." I said, breaking the silence.
"For what? Kissing me? I'm just as guilty as you." She said with a smile.
Another wave of silence hit us. It felt like we were both feeling awkward but we still wanted to stay next to each other for some particular reason. I replayed Jennifer's words to Kevin in my head. 'I'm in love with Felicia'. I glanced over at her, she was staring at the floor.
"Jennifer." I said.
She jumped, I must have startled her.
"Yeah?"
"I was wondering...well I want to know...you see I want to know if...well..."
"Felicia.. Just say it."
"Well I wanted to know why you said you love me? I mean I'm flattered by this and I don't mind us but I was wondering since I know how you feel about...you know... Felix."
I said my own name in disgust. I felt like I was competing against my self. It was like I was jealous of me. Don't ask me why I felt that way because I do not know.
"Well I'm not going to lie to you, In reality I do not like girls at all. I'm not attracted to you because of your looks and body, even though you look good, I'm attracted to you because you remind me of him a lot. It's like you are both the same...never mind I'm starting to think crazy."
"What if we were?"
She looked at me in confusion.
"Never mind." I said.
I knew very well what would happen if I told her my true identity, so why the did I say that? What is wrong with me? I'm just tired of this whole girl thing, it makes me feel things like... emotions. I hate it with a passion.
"I should be going." I said as I began walking away.
"Felicia." She called out as she grabbed my sleeve.
"We're still friends, right?"
I stared at her for a few seconds before answering her question.
"Of course."
She smiled and let go.
"I'll see you at school then."
I nodded and walked away.
Chisom was laughing on the other line, I knew I should have not told him.
"Chisom, it's not funny." I mumbled.
He began to laugh even more.
"No...no I'm sorry it's just..." He began laughing again.
"Ok ok I'm done... So I can totally picture both of your facial expressions..." He began to laugh even more.
"I thought you were done." I said, annoyed at him.
"Sorry sorry I'm done."
I heard him take a deep breath and then let it out.
"Ok. so what happened after Kevin walked in?" He asked in a serious tone.
I rolled my eyes.
"I told you already but you were too busy laughing to hear me."
"Haba,Felix don't be like that. Repeat it again abeg." he pleaded.
I sighed.
"Nothing really. Kevin was surprisingly alright with it.He just scolded us because we were in the living room. Then Jennifer and I went to the front of her gate and just stayed there. Shetoldkevinthatshelovedme and then I went home."
"Wait.What was that last thing you just said?"
"I went home."
"Before that."
"We went to the front of her gate?" I said innocently.
Even trough the phone,I could picture him rolling his eyes.
"Guy, I know you're hiding something. You said something very fast.Slow it down."
"Fine." I said sighing."She told Kevin that she loved me.. well loved Felicia"
There was silence on the other line.
"Hello?" I asked.
"I'm here... Wow, she said that? And Kevin was alright with it?" he asked.
"Yeah."
"What did you do?"
"Nothing really."
"You know this is bad, right?"
"Why?" I asked him.
"Because she is starting to like Felicia. I mean you and I both know who you truly are but to her it's like Felix and Felicia are two different people. So she is going to love Felicia and forget about Felix if you both keep it up. She is not going to love your boy side anymore, Guy." he said.
"Mtschew I don't care. I never wanted her to love me in the first pace."
I felt a sharp pain in my heart.
"You and I both know that's a lie."
He sighed.
"I wonder when you will stop acting like you can't feel emotions. Anyways I have to go,man.see you at school."
And with that he hung up.
'I wonder when you will stop acting like you can't feel emotions.' I repeated his words in my head.
"I can feel them." I said to no one in particular.
I placed my phone on the kitchen table and went to go take a shower.
"Babe,how far. I'm sorry for vomiting on you last night. My bad." Cynthia said as she walked beside me.
I really did not feel like hearing her apology at seven in the morning. I just want to get to my maths class which I shared with Jennifer.
"Don't worry about it." I said, hopefully she would just drop it and allow me to get to class.
"You see I had to many drinks and..."
"Cynthia, don't worry about it." I said again, cutting her off.
She looked at me a bit startled but got over it quickly.
"Ok." She said as she stopped at a nearby shop.
I ignored her and kept on walking to class.
Jennifer and I both walked home like we always did. We said nothing to each other this whole time and honestly the silence was killing me. I'm not one to talk much but she is and the fact that she is quiet is scaring me a bit.
"Jennifer?" I said
"Yes?"
"What's wrong? You are acting a bit different today. Is it because of..."
"No Felicia, it's not. It's just that...well...it's a family problem. Don't worry about it."
She began to walk a bit faster but I managed to catchup with her. I took a look at her face, she looked devastated. Not even when I rejected her did she look like this, I mean don't get me wrong she was quite hurt that day but she did not look like this. The only time I ever saw her with this facial expression was when her parents decided to get a divorce.
"...Jennifer you can talk to me." I gently said like I was talking to a child.
She was quiet and I waited for her to talk. She sighed.
"My parents split up a few months ago and since then I've been staying with my brother."
She stopped speaking and I patiently waited for her to continue.
"The thing is, even if everyone thinks they are, they are not officially divorced until next month and when they will be they are going to fight over custody and I'm scared that my mom will win. This is the real reason I was late today, not because the car broke down but because I ran out of it when my brother told me the news. I thought my mom would leave me with my daddy since she was busy dating but apparently my brother told me that she had called my Dad and told him that she wanted to pick me up and take me with her. This was why my brother had returned early from his business trip.My bother is also fed up of all of this.He doesn't want me with any of them as he feels it may have a psychological effect on me. But truth be told,he hasn't been himself lately. He's taking it just as bad as i am."
She was crying at this point. We stopped walking.
"I don't want to leave Yaba. I love it here, everyone is here. I know if I go with my mom I will be leaving all together and I can't take that." She said as she rubbed her eyes and sobbed.
"I love my mom the same as my dad and I don't hate her for cheating and leaving me with my emotionally unstable father, but at the same time I feel like he needs me and if I leave, he may seriously fall into a deep depression.He's been recovering and this would just break his heart all over again."
I walked over to her embraced her. I did not say anything because honestly I did not know what to say. The cliché 'It's going to be ok.' did not sound right to me. I did not want to assure her something that would not happen. Instead I hugged her and soothingly rubbed her back. She cried on my shoulder as I did this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CURSED by PrudySara(f): 10:50pm On Sep 10, 2019
It's all going to be fine dear.
everton4life:

Re: CURSED by izaray(f): 9:46am On Sep 11, 2019
Thanks for the update
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 12:38pm On Sep 16, 2019
A few days passed since Jennifer told me the news.She had not been coming to school.
"Where is Jennifer?I miss her." Cynthia whined.
"She's been gone almost a week." Chisom pointed out.
"I miss her too." Fred agreed.
They all looked at me.
"What?" I frowned.
"You are not going to say something?" Cynthia asked.
"Oh I miss Jennifer so much." I said in an overdramatic voice.
They all looked at me in suspicion.
"You know something we don't." They said in unison.
"And what if I do?"
"What do you know that I don't?" Cynthia asked,sounding desperate.
"It's between Jennifer and I." I informed them.
Jennifer made me promise to not tell anyone about her predicament.
"Why is Jennifer telling everythang to Felicia but not me? I thought I was her best friend." Cynthia pouted.
" Technically,Felix is her best friend." Chisom corrected her.
"Well,he's not here so I took the role since I'm her best female friend." She said sounding a bit disappointed.
"It's nothing personal Cynthia, It's just that I was there when she needed me so I know whats up." I informed her. I was feeling a bit bad for her.
"So what is the matter with her?" She asked.
"I can't say."
She rolled her eyes.
"Fine." She said as she raised her hands in defeat.
"You can give me a hint though."
"No I cant. Look why don't you ask her what is wrong and if she tells you then she tells you. if not then oh well."
Cynthia frowned.
"Fine I will."
I sighed. Hopefuly they will stop pestering me for answers.
Even I have not spoken to her since that day so I can understand where they were coming from. I was a bit worried too.
After school I walked home alone and as I did I noticed the familiar tent on the side of the road. I walked in.
"Hello?Tara?"
I walked in further but it seemed like she was gone.
"Hello?" I called out again.
I was about to give up and turn to leave but she appeared.
"Felix long time no see, how have you been?" She said warmly.
Well it has been two months since I've seen and talked to her.
"I could be better." I said as I took a seat.
"So what brings you here?"
I sighed.
"It's Jennifer. Her parents got a divorce and her mom wants to fight over custody and take her away."
"That's bad. If she moves you will most likely stay a girl." She shook her head.
I looked at her in shock. I did not think of that, she is right. I began to fidget.
"It did not pass your mind at all? I thought this is why you came." She was surprised.
"No, I just wanted some advice. What do I do if she does move then.Oh God I'm bleeped." I said.
"Watch the language." She frowned disapprovingly.
"Sorry but It's true. Can't you use your magic to stop her mom or something?" I asked.
She sighed.
"I can't use my magic for these sorts of things. I can only use it for good."
"And this is not for good?" I blinked.
"Well yes It would help you, but you should think about her mom. So I would be using it for a bad cause towards her mother."
I sighed.
"Tara, please, is there anything we can do?"
She began to think.
"Well Jennifer has been living with her brother for the past five months while her father has been working non-stop and her mother has been frolicking around with other men." She said.
I did not even bother to ask how she knew all this.
"If this is the case then it seems a bit random that she has showed up now and wants custody. She not only committed adultery but also filed for a divorce. Honestly I do not think she will win but there is a chance that she will."
"Can't you see the future?" I asked.
"I can't neccessarily see the future. I can see certain possible events that could happen. I'm not positive if they will occur or not since the they are prone to change." She said.
"Well what do you see now?" I asked impatiently.
She sighed.
"Jennifer moving away with her mom."
I fell silent.
"Like I said it may or may not happen, It depends on certain events."
"What do I do if she does move?"
She was silent for a moment and looked at me with sympathy. She spoke again.
"If you love her you won't allow her to be taken away from you so easily."
I did not even bother to deny my feelings. I knew very well how I felt now.
I nodded as I got up to leave.
"Felix." She called out when I was halfway out the tent.
"Good luck." She said and then disappeared with her whole tent.
"Thanks." I whispered before heading in a very familiar direction.
I stared at the black gate contemplating if I should knock or leave. My fist went up and then back down, I've been doing this for at least a minute. All these neighbors must think I'm an armed robber or stalker but honestly I don't care. I kept staring at the gate, who knows maybe I was hoping that it would magically open and let me in. I took a deep breath and then let it out gently.
"You can do it." I assured myself.
As I raised my hand to knock, the gate opened revealing Jennifer's frustrated Mom. I could hear more voices inside. Which meant her Dad was there too.
"Oh.May I help you?" She said.
"I'm looking for Jennifer." I said.
"She is not here. She left earlier and headed that way." She said as she pointed to the way she went.
I nodded and left. I knew where to find her. I passed all the similar houses until I reached a green field surrounding a local stadium and began walking up a very familiar slope. As I climbed, I could see her familiar black locks swaying in the wind. I stood at the top of the slope just staring at her. After noticing me she turned around.
"Felicia,you scared me!!" She said as she placed a hand on her heart.
"Sorry." I apologized while rubbing the back of my neck.
"How do you even know about this place?" She asked me as she look around.
"I went to your house to see if you were there and your mom pointed in this direction and now I'm here."
Well it's the truth.
She did not even question me.
"So she's still there." She mumbled.
"What's going on?" I asked sitting beside her.
"She want's me to stay with her until they both go to court. She decided to rent a small apartment just outside of Yaba for two months. The amount of time it will take the judge to decide who gets custody of me. I don't want to go back and forth, I'm not an object they can just fight over and share. I want to decide whether I go or stay."
"You might be able too since you are seventeen and have your own say. Besides, doesn't the judge know your dad?"
She nodded.
"How did you know."
"Well you told me he's a lawyer."
She stared at me for a couple of seconds before smiling a sad smile.
"I'm glad you are here." She said as she gently cupped my hand.
I blushed.
I don't want her to move. To hell with the curse. I don't want her to leave me here, not now that I realized how I truly feel. I want to tell her to not go and stay here with me, but she needs my support. If I start to beg for her to stay then I will seem like the one who needs a shoulder to cry on and I know that she needs it more than me. She never moved her hand away, instead we were both holding hands while enjoying each others comfort.
"Felicia,can I stay with you tonight?" She asked.
She sounded so sad and hurt.How could I say no?
"Sure." I said.
She smiled another sad smile before getting up.I did the same.
"I don't want to stop by my house so lets go directly to yours."
I nodded and we began to walk to my place hand in hand.
"Here is a towel and fresh clothes."
"Thanks." She said as she took them out of my hands and walked into the bathroom.
I decided to start cooking, maybe this will distract me from the sound of the shower and Jennifer's humming. As I began to get things out I noticed, Jennifer's phone was ringing. I picked it up so I could read the caller ID. It was her mom. I placed her iphone back on the counter and resumed on deciding what to cook.
After ten minutes Jennifer stepped out in my black basketball shorts and black tank-top. She sniffed the air.
"It smells good, what are you making?"
"Fried rice"
"Sounds good." She said smiling.
"Hey Jennifer?"
"Hmm?"
"Did you let your parents know where you where?"
She frowned at my question.
"Jennifer." I said, sounding a bit irritated.
"I just want a break from them." She said.
I sighed.
"Your mom called your phone a few times while you were in the shower."
"You didn't answer did you?" She sounded alarmed.
"No, but you should call them and let them know that you are ok. Who knows what your dad is thinking right now."
She stared at me for a few seconds before realizing I was right. She pressed the redial button on her phone and waited for some one to answer. I could hear her mom on the other line, that's how loud she was.
"Jennifer, are you ok? Your father and I are worried . Tell me where you are and I will be right over." She said.
"Mom I'm fine. I'm at a friends house and I don't plan on coming home anytime soon, so don't bother waiting on me." Jennifer said coldly.
This was the first time that I ever saw her like this. Her eyes radiated so much hate towards her mother.
"Ok dear, just let me know if you change your mind."
I could tell that her mother was feeling disappointed and sad.
Jennifer hung up.
"Don't you think you are acting a bit harsh on her?" I said.
"Felicia, she left me and my dad four months alone to sleep around and now she thinks she can just slip back in and take me away. I've not spoken to her for four months so why does she care come now?"
"Because she misses you and realized that her daughter is more important then her random boyfriends." I pointed out.
This was the first time I ever saw her fuming with anger.
"Who side are you on anyway?!!" She yelled.
"I'm on yours, but I can understand how she feels!" I yelled back.
She began to cry and reeled her hand back to punch the wall.
"Jennifer stop! You're going to hurt your hand!" I said as I tried to stop her, but it was too late.
"OW!" She screamed in pain.
Did i mention the walls were made of concrete?
"Let me see." I said as I grabbed her right hand.
She wiped her tears with her left hand while handing me her right.
"You should have just listened to me." I scolded as I went to get the first aid kit.
"This might sting." I warned her as I proceeded to dab her scratched up knuckles.
She made a 'Ssss' sound.
"It hurts." She whined.
"Well deal with it. Nobody told you to punch the wall." I scolded as I wrapped her hand up.
The kitchen began to smell funny.
"Do you smell that?" I asked.
"Yeah, it smells like something is burning."
Realization hit us both.
"The food!!" We both exclaimed

3 Likes

Re: CURSED by moorevic(m): 1:22pm On Sep 16, 2019
I really love your story. All the best bro
Re: CURSED by Kaycee9242(m): 3:44pm On Sep 16, 2019
well done
Re: CURSED by everton4life(m): 4:12pm On Sep 16, 2019
moorevic:
I really love your story. All the best bro
THANKS BRO.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

English Grammar Lesson / Love Is A Dangerous Game / Ikomoja The Beast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.