Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,020 members, 7,803,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:52 PM

I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It (808 Views)

Wizkid Wins First-Ever Grammy For ‘Brown Skin Girl’ / Beyonce Ft. Wizkid - Brown Skin Girl (download Lyrics) / Brown Skin Girl - Beyoncé Ft. Saint JHN, Wizkid & Blue Ivy Carter – Lyrics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Kidstell: 5:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
Wizkid did a great job writing nice lines for this song. At first I felt like there is nothing special about this song but then I couldn't stop singing it.

So i decided to look into the lyrics, to my surprise i couldn't relate with most of the figurative expressions and metaphors used in the song.
so i copied out the lyrics and luckily there's this link that actually tried to explain most of it. i will share the link after my post. I partly agree with the guy. mean while this is the most shocking part for; when Queen B said

pose like a trophy when Naomis walkin
she needs an oscar for that pretty dark skin
pretty like lupita when the cameras close in

I dont want to type much though, she was actually talking about some actress and Models. i swear i wouldnt have known.
I hope you have decoded some parts too, i really want to know what each line of this song means.

Another funny thing with Nigerian songs is that new words enter our music industry daily and there is no way to properly interpret, but foreign songs hardly pick something whose meaning is not online. anyhow anyhow, we sha find a way to re-adapt meanings for all the new slang in 9ja music.

https://splashcoder..com/2019/07/who-is-this-brown-skin-girl.html

the link
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jul 28, 2019
It is not necessary, so you don't need to understand it.

It's better you understand important & useful things that can better your life. Eg. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, digital marketing, forex... And many other profitable things.
Kidstell:
Wizkid did a great job writing nice lines for this song. At first I felt like there is nothing special about this song but then I couldn't stop singing it.

So i decided to look into the lyrics, to my surprise i couldn't relate with most of the figurative expressions and metaphors used in the song.
so i copied out the lyrics and luckily there's this link that actually tried to explain most of it. i will share the link after my post. I partly agree with the guy. mean while this is the most shocking part for; when Queen B said

pose like a trophy when Naomis walkin
she needs an oscar for that pretty dark skin
pretty like lupita when the cameras close in

I dont want to type much though, she was actually talking about some actress and Models. i swear i wouldnt have known.
I hope you have decoded some parts too, i really want to know what each line of this song means.

Another funny thing with Nigerian songs is that new words enter our music industry daily and there is no way to properly interpret, but foreign songs hardly pick something whose meaning is not online. anyhow anyhow, we sha find a way to re-adapt meanings for all the new slang in 9ja music.

https://splashcoder..com/2019/07/who-is-this-brown-skin-girl.html

the link
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Kidstell: 6:28pm On Jul 28, 2019
DontBeStupid:

It's better you understand important & useful things that can better your life. Eg. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, digital marketing, forex... And many other profitable things.

Thanks for your advice, but i will advice you too, please always check the forum name before you start advertising your insanity.

As a lover of poetry, I came here during my own leisure hoping that other people in their free time will share their opinions.

I posted in the entertainment forum but you came here and started talking about AI, ML and blablabla.

Its easy to see poverty drooling your life, send your account number you need help. By the way who told you i don't do ML. Is ML and AI or FX for everybody. Do you know what i rake on upwork? anyways you sound like a 5 year old so i will ignore you for now.

#EmphaticLunatic
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Akachukwu42(m): 7:04pm On Jul 28, 2019
Kidstell:

Thanks for your advice, but i will advice you too, please always check the forum name before you start advertising your insanity.

As a lover of poetry, I came here during my own leisure hoping that other people in their free time will share their opinions.

I posted in the entertainment forum but you came here and started talking about AI, ML and blablabla.

Its easy to see poverty drooling your life, send your account number you need help. By the way who told you i don't do ML. Is ML and AI or FX for everybody. Do you know what i rake on upwork? anyways you sound like a 5 year old so i will ignore you for now.

#EmphaticLunatic
Were you serious about dropping the account part
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Kidstell: 7:10pm On Jul 28, 2019
DontBeStupid:

Half a brain inside your head. You look around and don't find sense, you go about trying to prove you are savage. How can your generations be meaningful in this way of handling life. Come and reply. Idiot that want to teach me drop-shipping, ML, AI and FX.

Post a link to your projects here, MUMU is smelling in your comment. Better still, put a screen shot of your account earnings from any Forex broker.

I am just really ready to hear you speak sense. Let your Moniker be your watch word.

do well to check my other threads on Nairaland.
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
You still dont need to understand that song. Use your time for meaning things...
BTW if you cant understand a simple song, how will u cope with complex stuff?

Kid grow up & take responsibility, u wont always be with ur mama...
Kidstell:

Half a brain inside your head. You look around and don't find sense, you go about trying to prove you are savage. How can your generations be meaningful in this way of handling life. Come and reply. Idiot that want to teach me drop-shipping, ML, AI and FX.

Post a link to your projects here, MUMU is smelling in your comment. Better still, put a screen shot of your account earnings from any Forex broker.

I am just really ready to hear you speak sense. Let your Moniker be your watch word.

Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jul 28, 2019
tongue tongue tongue grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jul 28, 2019
Empty barrels make the loudest noise.
Deploy ur brain (if its functioning) for profitable things. That song will never help ur life... Get the opinion of people on meaningful things, you hear...
POOR KID the topic u were asking people to respond to is VERY USELESS, thats why nobody responded.
Dont be a wuss!...
Kidstell:

#EmphaticLunatic
Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 6:46am On Jul 29, 2019
Have u finally understood the song? Lol
Poor kid, go & find work o.
Sick wretch!
Kidstell:

Re: I Have Been Listening To Brown Skin Girl An I Am Still Trying To Understand It by Nobody: 2:35am On Aug 05, 2019
O boy how far, u don grab the song? Lol

POOR KID, get a life this week...
Kidstell:

(1) (Reply)

Download Mp3: Timaya – Sili-kon (prod. By Kel P) / DOWNLOAD: Rema – Rainbow / Bukunmi Oluwasina – Forever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.