Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,013 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) (3138 Views)

I Am Planning To Acquire My First Car With A Budget Of 500K / Porsche 911 GT3 RS Is The First Car To Use Corning's Gorilla Glass Windows / Saudi Arabia's First Car Showroom For Women Only Opens In Jeddah(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Codedrock(m): 11:53am On Jul 29, 2019
Vibram003:

Yes I did just buy that's my advice it's a car you will never regret buying
It good that you asked questions
Yoruba ni eni too ba bere ona ko ni soon.
Ese.. Oga Mi.. Fun idahun.. Lol
Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Chukwukaqwer: 2:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Just go with a mechanic... An Infiniti mechanic. The body is OK. Check to see if all d components are workin
Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Teel012(m): 2:17pm On Jul 29, 2019
One advise, never buy a car that you hardly see on Nigerian roads, as they have no second hand value or are problematic.
That been said, buy a Toyota or Honda.

1 Like

Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Vibram003: 3:02pm On Jul 29, 2019
Codedrock:

Ese.. Oga Mi.. Fun idahun.. Lol
Bee ni
Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by AshipaEk0: 4:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Super weird how people say things about cars that they know nothing about so confidently.

The car is bad but it's lasted since 2006 sha

Only 1 person here has any 1st hand experience with the car, the rest are working off tales and assumptions.

One even said the engine is more expensive than the car when clearly he knows NOTHING about the engine.

People who actually know what they are saying then clarified that is the same engine in other Infiniti vehicles, and costs 250k thereabouts.

Incidentally, that's less than what some Toyota engines cost but they are advising him to buy Toyota or Honda because it's 'plenty on Lagos roads' as if Toyota is immune to spoiling

@op your due diligence is what is most important.

Before buying, you need to have located the mechanic that will help you maintain the car.

This also leads to the next point which is:

It's not a good idea to buy this type of car and be 'managing'.
The car is actually a luxury car, never mind that it's Tokunbo or old.

So weigh your pocket and mentality towards maintenance well, are you ready to spend money to maintain it? Motor dey chop money for maintenance ooooo

Even if you buy Keke Marwa e dey chop money and e dey disturb person ooooooo

it's connected to the mechanic thing because you will likely need to use proper mechanic shops and not Kazeems.

Also note that this is not the type of car you buy cheap oil for. The transmission for instance has special type oil, not the usual Dextron or Toyota type 4

Where other transmission oils may cost 12k, it's own will be double that or more. Same with other parts.

So it mostly boils down to your pocket.

The average person will discourage you because they know in their own minds that they'd rather spend the same amount as an okada rider for their cars, use roadside Kazeems and bypass everything possible. So long as car dey move, they are ok.

If these things are not problematic for you,
then go ahead to do a proper inspection and test drive. It's Nigerian used and likely abused so you have to be careful.

Apart from the mechanic you take to inspect, buy some fuel and drive down to your identified shop and ask them to do a comprehensive diagnosis and see what they come up with.

If there's any signs of abuse or major repairs needed, walk away. The vehicle is getting old and it only goes downhill......

Last last, luck dey motor. Some people have bought that same popular Corolla or Honda and regretted it....

Best of luck

7 Likes

Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Gbotun(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
AshipaEk0:
Super weird how people say things about cars that they know nothing about so confidently.

Only 1 person here has any 1st hand experience with the car, the rest are working off tales and assumptions.

Best of luck

Going through the thread, it's only like three replies I see that really made sense.
Some people wey no even get car go condemn the car because they heard one person talk say the car no good.

One thing I want the Op to know is that all cars are good, it only depends on how well you maintain your car and how good the mechanics you use are.

Apart from fuel consumption, the car is a very good and rugged car but as a first car, I will advise you to go for a smaller car possible.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bout To Buy My First Car Infiniti Fx35 2008, Experts I Need Your Opinion (PIC) by Codedrock(m): 5:39pm On Jul 30, 2019
AshipaEk0:

One even said the engine is more expensive than the car when clearly he knows NOTHING about the engine.

People who actually know what they are saying then clarified that is the same engine in other Infiniti vehicles, and costs 250k thereabouts.

Incidentally, that's less than what some Toyota engines cost but they are advising him to buy Toyota or Honda because it's 'plenty on Lagos roads' as if Toyota is immune to spoiling

@op your due diligence is what is most important.

Before buying, you need to have located the mechanic that will help you maintain the car.

This also leads to the next point which is:

It's not a good idea to buy this type of car and be 'managing'.
The car is actually a luxury car, never mind that it's Tokunbo or old.

So weigh your pocket and mentality towards maintenance well, are you ready to spend money to maintain it? Motor dey chop money for maintenance ooooo

Even if you buy Keke Marwa e dey chop money and e dey disturb person ooooooo

it's connected to the mechanic thing because you will likely need to use proper mechanic shops and not Kazeems.

Also note that this is not the type of car you buy cheap oil for. The transmission for instance has special type oil, not the usual Dextron or Toyota type 4

Where other transmission oils may cost 12k, it's own will be double that or more. Same with other parts.

So it mostly boils down to your pocket.

The average person will discourage you because they know in their own minds that they'd rather spend the same amount as an okada rider for their cars, use roadside Kazeems and bypass everything possible. So long as car dey move, they are ok.

If these things are not problematic for you,
then go ahead to do a proper inspection and test drive. It's Nigerian used and likely abused so you have to be careful.

Apart from the mechanic you take to inspect, buy some fuel and drive down to your identified shop and ask them to do a comprehensive diagnosis and see what they come up with.

If there's any signs of abuse or major repairs needed, walk away. The vehicle is getting old and it only goes downhill......

Last last, luck dey motor. Some people have bought that same popular Corolla or Honda and regretted it....

Best of luck
Oga Mi you are the boss thank you!! I have called many people here like you that have used or are using the car and they explained the same thing you said above.. Thanks for your time I'm quite vast about the car now.. Thanks for people like you..
Even met a professional Nissan mechanic today referred to me by Oga safari0412 one of the users here

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Available Vehicles For Sale By U-klass 07/010/2020 / Expert Advice Needed- Conversion Of Manual To Automatic / Nigerian Fairly Used Toyota Sienna Urgently Needed For Purchase.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.