Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,859 members, 7,802,752 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:49 PM

No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" (3513 Views)

Masquerade Praying At The Grotto Of Holy Mary (Photo, Video) / Holy Mary Or Subtle Demon? / Muslim Man Destroys Statue Of Holy Mary Mother Of God - Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:09am On Aug 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
The steward that served mammon

Luke 16:1-8 (KJV)

1 And he said also unto his disciples, There was a certain rich man, which had a steward; and the same was accused unto him that he had wasted his goods.
2 And he called him, and said unto him, How is it that I hear this of thee? give an account of thy stewardship; for thou mayest be no longer steward.
3 Then the steward said within himself, What shall I do? for my lord taketh away from me the stewardship: I cannot dig; to beg I am ashamed.
4 I am resolved what to do, that, when I am put out of the stewardship, they may receive me into their houses.
5 So he called every one of his lord's debtors unto him, and said unto the first, How much owest thou unto my lord?
6 And he said, An hundred measures of oil. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and sit down quickly, and write fifty.
7 Then said he to another, And how much owest thou? And he said, An hundred measures of wheat. And he said unto him, Take thy bill, and write fourscore.
8 And the lord commended the unjust steward, because he had done wisely: for the children of this world are in their generation wiser than the children of light.

The friends of mammon.

Luke 16:9-12 (KJV)

9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.
11 If therefore ye have not been faithful in the unrighteous mammon, who will commit to your trust the true riches?
12 And if ye have not been faithful in that which is another man's, who shall give you that which is your own?

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 8:51am On Aug 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
God And Mammon

Matthew 6:24 (KJV)

No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

The simple way to resolve this is by presenting the two characters in their full regalia!

So since most people think they know the definition of God let's leave his own side for now and answer these questions :

¤Who is Mammon? And
¤Why did Jesus compared him/her/it to God? undecided

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 09, 2019
Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 09, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 6:19-21 (KJV)

19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Who or What is Mammon?

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2019
Matthew 19:23-24 (KJV)

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Matthew 19:23-24 (KJV)

23 Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

WHO IS MAMMON?

1 Like

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 11, 2019
Matthew 6:24-34 (KJV)

24 No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.
25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?
Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?
27 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:
28 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
29 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?
30 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?
31 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seeksmiley for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.
32 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
33 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.
34 Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 4:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
After God had blessed Solomon with riches, wisdom, and honour, Solomon abandoned the God that blessed him with all those things and started to serve mammon and other gods.

1 Kings 11:1-13 (KJV)

1 But king Solomon loved many strange women, together with the daughter of Pharaoh, women of the Moabites, Ammonites, Edomites, Zidonians, and Hittites;
2 Of the nations concerning which the LORD said unto the children of Israel, Ye shall not go in to them, neither shall they come in unto you: for surely they will turn away your heart after their gods: Solomon clave unto these in love.
3 And he had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines: and his wives turned away his heart.
4 For it came to pass, when Solomon was old, that his wives turned away his heart after other gods: and his heart was not perfect with the LORD his God, as was the heart of David his father.
5 For Solomon went after Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, and after Milcom the abomination of the Ammonites.
6 And Solomon did evil in the sight of the LORD, and went not fully after the LORD, as did David his father.
7 Then did Solomon build an high place for Chemosh, the abomination of Moab, in the hill that is before Jerusalem, and for Molech, the abomination of the children of Ammon.
8 And likewise did he for all his strange wives, which burnt incense and sacrificed unto their gods.
9 And the LORD was angry with Solomon, because his heart was turned from the LORD God of Israel, which had appeared unto him twice,
10 And had commanded him concerning this thing, that he should not go after other gods: but he kept not that which the LORD commanded.
11 Wherefore the LORD said unto Solomon, Forasmuch as this is done of thee, and thou hast not kept my covenant and my statutes, which I have commanded thee, I will surely rend the kingdom from thee, and will give it to thy servant.
12 Notwithstanding in thy days I will not do it for David thy father's sake: but I will rend it out of the hand of thy son.
13 Howbeit I will not rend away all the kingdom; but will give one tribe to thy son for David my servant's sake, and for Jerusalem's sake which I have chosen.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 12, 2019
WHO IS MAMMON? smiley
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 8:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
Maximus69:
WHO IS MAMMON? smiley

Mammon is an ancient deity believed to be the one who distributes fortune/wealth.
This god has nothing to do with sincerity, loyalty, trust or kindness. So worshippers of Mammon are desperate to please this deity no matter what it will cost them as long as Mammon will make them wealthy they're ready to betray anyone!
On the other hand, Jehovah the true God wants his own worshipers to be Honest, Loving, Kind, Loyal, Peaceful, Mildtempered and Respectful to other people!

Jesus placed Mammon side by side with the true God in this setting because Jehovah demands 100% loyalty and that's exactly the same thing Mammon demands. Therefore it's impossible for any individual to worship both of them together!
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2019
2. Jesus And Mary

Matthew 12:46-50 (KJV)

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Luke 11:27-28 (KJV)

27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
2. Jesus And Mary

Matthew 12:46-50 (KJV)

46 While he yet talked to the people, behold, his mother and his brethren stood without, desiring to speak with him.
47 Then one said unto him, Behold, thy mother and thy brethren stand without, desiring to speak with thee.
48 But he answered and said unto him that told him, Who is my mother? and who are my brethren?
49 And he stretched forth his hand toward his disciples, and said, Behold my mother and my brethren!
50 For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother.

Today there are those who are observed to worship Mary because she was the mother of Jesus, and hence pray to her to pray to Jesus, but the above instances concerning her during the ministry of Jesus while on Earth, proves how erroneous such a practice is.

For it showed how even while Jesus was yet on Earth, during the course of His ministry, it was easier to get to Jesus through His disciples, than through His mother, Mary. Because Mary herself, as shown on that occasion, even had to pass through His disciples to get to Jesus while He was yet on Earth. So why would one expect that she would now be the best means to get to Jesus when He's in heaven?

And even the disciples that were closer to Jesus while He was yet on Earth, do not even qualify to mediate between man and Jesus after He left the Earth and went to heaven, how much more Mary the mother of Jesus who passed through them to get to Jesus while He was on Earth?

jesusjnr:

Luke 11:27-28 (KJV)

27 And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked.
28 But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it.

The sentiments applied here by the woman in the passage with respect to Mary just being the mother of Jesus is pretty much the same those who worship her and pray to her to pray to Jesus for them, use to justify such gross error.

But it can be observed what Jesus made of such worldly sentiments in both occasions, because despite being in the world, He was not of the world, but of the Kingdom of God, therefore such worldly sentiments were not applicable to Him.

For where it concerned Him, as He made very clear on both occasions, It was the obedience of His Words, which was the same as doing the Will of God, for that was the best means to both reach and be with Him.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
jesusjnr:
Today there are those who are observed to worship Mary because she was the mother of Jesus, and hence pray to her to pray to Jesus, but the above instances concerning her during the ministry of Jesus while on Earth, proves how erroneous such a practice is.

For it showed how even while Jesus was yet on Earth, during the course of His ministry, it was easier to get to Jesus through His disciples, than through His mother, Mary. Because Mary herself, as shown on that occasion, even had to pass through His disciples to get to Jesus while He was yet on Earth. So why would one expect that she would now be the best means to get to Jesus when He's in heaven?

And even the disciples that were closer to Jesus while He was yet on Earth, do not even qualify to mediate between man and Jesus after He left the Earth and went to heaven, how much more Mary the mother of Jesus who passed through them to get to Jesus while He was on Earth?

The sentiments applied here by the woman in the passage with respect to Mary just being the mother of Jesus is pretty much the same those who worship her and pray to her to pray to Jesus for them, use to justify such gross error.

But it can be observed what Jesus made of such worldly sentiments in both occasions, because despite being in the world, He was not of the world, but of the Kingdom of God, therefore such worldly sentiments were not applicable to Him.

For where it concerned Him, as He made very clear on both occasions, It was the obedience of His Words, which was the same as doing the Will of God, for that was the best means to both reach and be with Him.
Therefore despite that it's a very common and traditional practice in a certain denomination of the church, it is so erroneous and Antichrist, for it is not just scripturally unfounded but it also makes a mockery of the efforts of Jesus on the cross, which was intended to give man direct access to God.

For if after Jesus had gone through all that suffering, and yet one has to pray to Mary to pray to Jesus to pray to the Father, what's the essence of His death?

Even Jesus Himself made it clear to His disciples that after His death, He would no longer have to pray to the Father for them, but that they can pray to the Father directly in His Name:

John 16:23, 25-26 (KJV)

23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

So after the death of Jesus which was to give man direct access to the Father, they didn't need for Jesus to pray to the Father for them, but they could pray to the Father directly. Therefore what does that make of the idea of praying to the Mary of Jesus to pray to Jesus?

But it's really unfortunate that regardless of the glaring error in the practice of some praying to the image of Mary, which itself is clearly idolatry, that even if Jesus Himself appears to correct this gross error, most of those who indulge in it would yet continue in it, because of how inclined humans are to idolatry.

For this practice of praying to the image of Mary in the name of her being the mother of Jesus, is just the perfect excuse and opportunity for many to continue in their idolatrous ways under the guise of Christianity.

However this is intended to let such ones who engage in this erroneous and idolatrous practice to know that a man cannot serve two masters, so that they would have to choose one between Jesus and Mary whom they would serve.

God bless.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 8:03am On Aug 15, 2019
No man can serve two masters(Jesus and Mary): for either he will hate the one(Jesus), and love the other(Mary); or else he will hold to the one(Jesus), and despise the other(Mary). Ye cannot serve Jesus and Mary.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 9:17am On Aug 16, 2019
No man cannot serve two masters.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 9:25am On Aug 19, 2019
Who is your master?
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 26, 2019
Holy Mary is the actually the demon of light.

https://www.nairaland.com/5382142/holy-mary-subtle-demon
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 9:47am On Aug 27, 2019
A man cannot serve Jesus and Holy Mary also known as the demon of light at the same time.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 6:56am On Aug 29, 2019
Pictures of people who have chosen "Holy Mary" aka "the demon of light" as their master and rejected Jesus.

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by MuttleyLaff: 7:59am On Sep 19, 2019
jesusjnr:
Pictures of people who have chosen "Holy Mary" aka "the demon of light" as their master and rejected Jesus.
"... as in for example, like you and Apostle EnthronedbyGod MIA breaking the first and second commandment of God, as it is only a delusional person, like yourself, Apostle EnthronedbyGod MIA and bunch of gullible others, who dont know they are delusional, to the extent of believing they have seen the face of Jesus Christ, to the extent of even, putting an image, physical feature and/or picture to Jesus' face."
- Re: Cultism, The Spiritual Consequences And Deliverance Through Christ by muttleylaff: 10:17am On Sep 01

Smh, smello, yeye dey smell poor tormented false self-proclaimed prophet jesusjnr sef get mouth to dey yarn. Mtcheew. Pot calling kettle black.
Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by budaatum: 5:50pm On Sep 20, 2019
Maximus69:
WHO IS MAMMON? smiley

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2019

Re: No Man Can Serve Two Masters: Jesus And "Holy Mary" by Kobojunkie: 12:01am On Jun 14, 2023
1. God And Mammon Matthew 6:24 (KJV)
No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

God and mammon are not the only two masters that a man cannot serve at the same time, for this saying of Jesus also applies in other instances. So "God and mammon" was just the start and first in this series. The idea is for any one to choose whom he would serve out of the two options provided in each case, for no one can truly serve two masters at the same time. God bless.

2. Jesus And Mary https://www.nairaland.com/5327956/no-man-serve-two-masters/2#81216082
■ No man can serve two masters in the Kingdom of God also means no man can have two teachers in the Kingdom of God. As Jesus Christ made clear in Matthew 23 vs 8 - 10, no one who belongs to Him can have another(even man) as a teacher e.g. you having your pastors and mogs as a teacher means you are not of Jesus Christ. Either you love Jesus Christ and hate your pastors and mogs, or you hate Jesus Christ and love your pastors and mogs.
■ No man can serve two masters in the Kingdom of God equally means no man who has a spiritual father on earth can have God also as Father in the Kingdom of God - Matthew 23 v 8 - 10. The Father only desires those who will serve Him and Him alone. undecided
■ No man can serve two masters in the Kingdom of God also means no man can have Jesus Christ as a Shepherd along with another as a shepherd at the same time - John 10 vs 7 - 16. Either you have Jesus Christ as the only good shepherd over your and every other shepherd be evil to you, or Jesus Christ is not a good shepherd to you and all other shepherds are good for you. undecided

The point is to make certain to remove the boulder in your eyes first, in order that you may be able to see clearly to remove the speck from the eyes of the others. lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Christains Lie!?? / I Am From China / Confirm Comforter As Holy Spirit, Oh Fr0sbel, Olaadegbu, Aletheia, Bukatyne, Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.