Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,838 members, 7,802,683 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? (382 Views)

Do Not In Any Way Try To Change Others / Have You Narrowly Escaped Death In Any Way? Share Your Experiences/testimony / Do Not In Any Way Try To Change Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 3:06pm On Jul 29, 2019
Hello, everyone. I'm not sure this is the right section to post this.

I've read countless narrations on the corps service year but I haven't read any on the effects it has had on their careers.

So, please, share your story. What impact has NYSC made in your career? Has it helped you to achieve any dream?

1 Like

Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by Kenoxman(m): 3:55pm On Jul 29, 2019
grin
Yes of course
It was during my service yr dat I, for the first time in my life developed my biggest fear in life ;
The fear of being broke shocked
This shiit is always scary towards the end of each month
Ironically,this fear has been very helpful. It has always spurred me to double my hustle and anytime I dey spend unnecessarily & I remember this fear.... angry
U know the rest.... grin
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by meobizy(f): 5:07pm On Jul 29, 2019
Service year gave me the confidence of working for my money and spending it any way I felt like. I worked in a desired location and inculcated four times the amount of swag which permanent workers possessed. Girls couldn’t get enough of me because it was evident.

Sadly, I didn’t get retained. The company doesn’t practice retainership of corpers. I went from grace to grass overnight. That phrase doesn’t do it justice, I went from an entry level staff to an unemployed youth.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
Kenoxman:
grin
Yes of course
It was during my service yr dat I, for the first time in my life developed my biggest fear in life ;
The fear of being broke shocked
This shiit is always scary towards the end of each month
Ironically,this fear has been very helpful. It has always spurred me to double my hustle and anytime I dey spend unnecessarily & I remember this fear.... angry
U know the rest.... grin
Now, as funny as this sounds, it's totally understandable. I know the feeling.

2 Likes

Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
meobizy:
Service year gave me the confidence of working for my money and spending it any way I felt like. I worked in a desired location and inculcated four times the amount of swag which permanent workers possessed. Girls couldn’t get enough of me because it was evident.

Sadly, I didn’t get retained. The company doesn’t practice retainership of corpers. I went from grace to grass overnight. That phrase doesn’t do it justice, I went from an entry level staff to an unemployed youth.
Now, now, that's very unfair. But, perhaps, you could have managed your money wisely, you say? Anyway, is this impact negative or positive? I'm unsure.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2019
The level of interest in the thread is quite low. Can it be featured to get more views and opinions since it is quite educative?

Lalasticlala
Seun.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by meobizy(f): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Now, now, that's very unfair. But, perhaps, you could have managed your money wisely, you say? Anyway, is this impact negative or positive? I'm unsure.
With the small 10K from my workplace and 9,700K from NYSC every month there was little or nothing to save. I lived together with a higher paid sibling so only contributed little to the house’s upkeep. I was gifted 40K as a take home gift from my workplace but with the leanest of spendings it lasted only two months.

It was a positive experience. There were no negatives. If bad experiences occurred I quickly disregarded them because happiness and a positive mindset is my mantra.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by meobizy(f): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
The level of interest in the thread is quite low. Can it be featured to get more views and opinions since it is quite educative?

Lalasticlala
Seun.
Don’t bother mentioning them. Let the thread grow on its own and they will post it there. I have a lot of interesting topics I beg for them to feature on front page but most don’t get comments to start with. Two years later someone will plagiarize them and we’ll see them hit front page back to back.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2019
meobizy:

With the small 10K from my workplace and 9,700K from NYSC every month there was little or nothing to save. I lived together with a higher paid sibling so only contributed little to the house’s upkeep. I was gifted 40K as a take home gift from my workplace but with the leanest of spendings it lasted only two months.

It was a positive experience. There were no negatives. If bad experiences occurred I quickly disregarded them because happiness and a positive mindset is my mantra.
Now, I understand. It's impressive, what your mantras are.

So, what are you doing now?
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 7:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
meobizy:

Don’t bother mentioning them. Let the thread grow on its own and they will post it there. I have a lot of interesting topics I beg for them to feature on front page but most don’t get comments to start with. Two years later someone will plagiarize them and we’ll see them hit front page back to back.
I can relate. Thanks.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by meobizy(f): 9:42pm On Jul 29, 2019
OluwabuqqyYOLO:

Now, I understand. It's impressive, what your mantras are.

So, what are you doing now?
I went to school for a while, stayed jobless for five years plus then finally got a good job via connects. I’m living good now, I no get wahala.
Re: Has NYSC Imparted You In Any Way? by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
meobizy:

I went to school for a while, stayed jobless for five years plus then finally got a good job via connects. I’m living good now, I no get wahala.
Wow. I bet you're wiser with your earnings now.

(1) (Reply)

The Difference Between Being Gifted And Talented / Compassion In Quantum Entanglement / The King Of Igbos Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.