Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,111 members, 7,807,355 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) (60290 Views)

Woman Attacked While Jogging On The Lekki-Ikoyi Link Bridge (Graphic Photos) / Lady Kidnapped On Her Way To Church In Port Harcourt / Kidnapped Lady, Gbemisola Alabi, Found (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by Horlhamhi(f): 8:41pm On Jul 29, 2019
ThierryJay:

Your maturity is quite commendable. I admire the way you non-chalantly and humorously handled the barrage of criticism that came your way, without lashing out at anyone. Pls keep up this attitude bro.

I also understand your point of view in the context it was made. Because that is the most likely perception one would have of someone jogging along Lekki-Ikoyi axis. Yes, there might be a small section of joggers who do not fit into this category of well-to-do joggers, however, its is fact that majority of joggers within this environ are predominantly middle-class. Hence, I really do not understand the basis of the acidic attacks directed at you by Nairalanders.

By the way, I also enjoyed your vivid narratives.
yes, very commendable...with different bashing left, right, front, back and center.
Let me join you and say, Jakumo, keep up this attitude sir.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by Idpthought: 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
So one cannot even perform outdoor exercises anymore?! What a country !!! May the Lord protect and keep you lady.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by sonofElElyon: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
Actually MOST poor people don't need to jog because the long distance they walk briskly each day is more than enough exercise.
May the lady be found in good condition

Whaleshares:

In other words, according to you, "na only rich person dey jog." Clap for yourself.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by Christmasdon(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
NIGERIA SELF.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by Jaqenhghar: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
Ijaya123:

Your opinion, just as everyone is entitled to it.
Thats why you people must continue to suffer. Una never see anything.

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by jubrilELsudan: 9:53pm On Jul 29, 2019
Someone can't even jog in peace anymore. This is why I chose to jog aroung my girlfriends kukunase.

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by yaki84: 10:59pm On Jul 29, 2019
Whaleshares:

In other words, according to you, "na only rich person dey jog." Clap for yourself.
Poor people don't jog, na run we dey do.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by ogbonti: 1:05am On Jul 30, 2019
babeosisi:
Chai.
I hope she is not a victim of hit and run

i was thinking same too
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by ogbonti: 1:07am On Jul 30, 2019
she is quite pretty, I just hope they wont sexually assault her... May God deliver her from her captors and return her home safely, Amen!!!!

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by gistovas: 5:42am On Jul 30, 2019
sylve11:

una can waste people data sha................ sad cool
grin grin grin
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by ABOVEDELAW: 7:28am On Jul 30, 2019
IS THAT HOW YOUR DUMB, PLASTIC AND WOODEN BRAIN WORKS OR IS STUPIDITY THE ONLY TRAIT YOUR ANCESTORS LEFT FOR YOU , WHY DON'T YOU TASK YOUR GOVERNMENT ON SECURITY?
Jakumo:
Jogging is a pastime of the well-fed and the rich. By jogging down the street of ANY Nigerian city, one is advertising the fact that one is so well fed, as to seek weight loss via exercise. That is the sound of a cash register, to kidnappers and ritual murderers.

If you can afford to jog, then you can afford to buy a treadmill to use for exercise in the privacy of your home, so as not to wind up in the kidnapper's den after being spotted doing what only the rich do - jogging.
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by laudate: 9:22am On Jul 30, 2019
ThierryJay:
Your maturity is quite commendable. I admire the way you non-chalantly and humorously handled the barrage of criticism that came your way, without lashing out at anyone. Pls keep up this attitude bro.

I also understand your point of view in the context it was made. Because that is the most likely perception one would have of someone jogging along Lekki-Ikoyi axis. Yes, there might be a small section of joggers who do not fit into this category of well-to-do joggers, however, its is fact that majority of joggers within this environ are predominantly middle-class. Hence, I really do not understand the basis of the acidic attacks directed at you by Nairalanders.

By the way, I also enjoyed your vivid narratives.

Horlhamhi:
yes, very commendable...with different bashing left, right, front, back and center.
Let me join you and say, Jakumo, keep up this attitude sir.
Jakumo is an NL veteran. wink cool He has been on NL for almost 15 years, so he is used to the different shades of opinions that flow from different keyboards, in this community..... cheesy

He knows quite well that you cannot take NL respondents seriously, unless you want to die young. grin

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by laudate: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2019
flowx:
Jogging jogging alone? dey no go hear.

What actually came to my mind when I saw one beautiful lady jogging alone early in the morning today in Badore road Ajah around 5am.

Even if you are going to jogging like that why not carrying about 2 muscular guys to follow you?
Exactly! shocked It pays to be safe, rather than sorry. If you must jog, please do so within a gated estate that has active security men on patrol. sad

In that part of Sangotedo where the lady went missing, there are at least 4 gated communities and private schools with large grounds. She could have asked for permission to make use of their premises, or even driven to a gym to use their facilities. undecided

Due to the kind of weird, inexplicable, unsafe things happening now, we all need to be wise and stop jogging along public roads! shocked

Were we not in Lagos when the late Dimgba Igwe former editor of The Sun Newspapers was killed on September 6, 2014 by a hit-and-run driver near his Ago, Okota, Lagos residence, while he was out jogging?

Till today, the police have not caught the culprit! angry

1 Like

Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by dahme147(m): 10:20am On Jul 30, 2019
Jakumo:
Jogging is a pastime of the well-fed and the rich. By jogging down the street of ANY Nigerian city, one is advertising the fact that one is so well fed, as to seek weight loss via exercise. That is the sound of a cash register, to kidnappers and ritual murderers.

If you can afford to jog, then you can afford to buy a treadmill to use for exercise in the privacy of your home, so as not to wind up in the kidnapper's den after being spotted doing what only the rich do - jogging.

HMMMMMM
Well Said
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by wanger50(m): 10:33am On Jul 30, 2019
grin
Jakumo:
While I recover here in the emergency room from all the vigorous flogging I have experienced at the hands of esteemed Nairaland contributors today, let me just add that it is highly unusual for a jobless and hungry person to be spotted jogging in Nigeria. Matter of fact, the sight of poor people suddenly breaking into a run on the streets of any African metropolis, is a reliable early-warning signal that something violent is in progress nearby, which may require some urgent and spirited scampering "for dear life" to safety.

Conversely, the odds are very high that well over half of all the daily joggers who take to Nigerian roads, particularly in known WEALTHY enclaves, are likely to be moderately to very wealthy, or at least living well on a comfortable income that makes doctor's visits for health and exercise advice, affordable.

A topic search of the Nairaland archives, on the subject of joggers who fell victim to crime, makes for a sobering read. Many joggers have been injured during muggings, some have been killed, and a few, never seen again. The truth is that women are at particular risk in much of Africa and Asia, if they engage in jogging along public roads, because they are not as well protected by the police, as is the case in Western societies where morning jogs are a daily routine for large numbers of people from all walks of life.

The risk to the jogger multiplies, when they conspicuously carry along expensive phones, and wear ear-plugs that render them partially deaf. By going out on the street to jog, Nigeria's vanishing middle class comes face-to-face with her starving majority, out of pure choice on the part of the jogger.

Pushing one's luck in this context may be an acceptable risk for a hardened Gong-Fu practitioner or an armed off-duty military man, but for anyone less street-qualified who opts to go jogging, my advice would be that you wait until you are in the UK, to enjoy that luxury in the relative safety of Hyde Park, a world away from Lagos, Nigeria

Anyone seeking to improve their health can do so with ZERO equipment at home, by running in place on a sandy surface or foam mattress, followed by Yoga and other strength exercises. Medically, jogging on hard surfaces inflicts long-term damage to the joints of the knee and ankles, thus negating much of the purported health benefits of jogging on city streets.
I won't forgive you if u make me laugh till I break my ribs.I was taking breakfasts while reading your comical post and u need to see how it spilled out of my mouth.....u funny too much guy grin
Jakumo:
While I recover here in the emergency room from all the vigorous flogging I have experienced at the hands of esteemed Nairaland contributors today, let me just add that it is highly unusual for a jobless and hungry person to be spotted jogging in Nigeria. Matter of fact, the sight of poor people suddenly breaking into a run on the streets of any African metropolis, is a reliable early-warning signal that something violent is in progress nearby, which may require some urgent and spirited scampering "for dear life" to safety.

Conversely, the odds are very high that well over half of all the daily joggers who take to Nigerian roads, particularly in known WEALTHY enclaves, are likely to be moderately to very wealthy, or at least living well on a comfortable income that makes doctor's visits for health and exercise advice, affordable.

A topic search of the Nairaland archives, on the subject of joggers who fell victim to crime, makes for a sobering read. Many joggers have been injured during muggings, some have been killed, and a few, never seen again. The truth is that women are at particular risk in much of Africa and Asia, if they engage in jogging along public roads, because they are not as well protected by the police, as is the case in Western societies where morning jogs are a daily routine for large numbers of people from all walks of life.

The risk to the jogger multiplies, when they conspicuously carry along expensive phones, and wear ear-plugs that render them partially deaf. By going out on the street to jog, Nigeria's vanishing middle class comes face-to-face with her starving majority, out of pure choice on the part of the jogger.

Pushing one's luck in this context may be an acceptable risk for a hardened Gong-Fu practitioner or an armed off-duty military man, but for anyone less street-qualified who opts to go jogging, my advice would be that you wait until you are in the UK, to enjoy that luxury in the relative safety of Hyde Park, a world away from Lagos, Nigeria

Anyone seeking to improve their health can do so with ZERO equipment at home, by running in place on a sandy surface or foam mattress, followed by Yoga and other strength exercises. Medically, jogging on hard surfaces inflicts long-term damage to the joints of the knee and ankles, thus negating much of the purported health benefits of jogging on city streets.
I won't forgive you if u make me laugh till I break my ribs.I was taking breakfast while reading your comical post and u need to see how it spilled out of my mouth.....u funny too much guy
Re: Gbemisola Alabi: Lady Kidnapped In Ajah While Jogging (Photos) by charlsecy(m): 11:26am On Jul 30, 2019
Jakumo:
Jogging is a pastime of the well-fed and the rich. By jogging down the street of ANY Nigerian city, one is advertising the fact that one is so well fed, as to seek weight loss via exercise...
Balderdash. You're also myopic about the purposes of exercise.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My Cousin Who Left For SA 5 yrs Ago Will Be Brought Back In A Body Bag - Lady / Man Who Killed His Girlfriend In Oshodi, Stripped Unclad & Tied (Photo) / Man Slices Lover’s Face In Lagos, Assaults Rival On Valentine’s Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.