Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,625 members, 7,801,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:39 PM

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. (46980 Views)

Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Can An Average Student Study Medicine And Surgery? / OAU Medicine And Surgery Cut-off Mark 304 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Firebomber: 7:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by kestine(m): 7:43pm On Jul 29, 2019
Good Result...just do very and I mean very well in post ume ooooo...

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Divay22(f): 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
You're good to go.
All the best in your Post UTME.

45 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by InansBobo(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
Change institution to Unimaid/UDUSOK if you're on your own

EkunKekere:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an A1 in mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.
wow, you think the North is that wack? FYI, middlebelt guys(FCT, benue, i Kaduna, Kwara) are equally hot with several 300+ UTME scores so him coming to the North is not guaranteed at all with less than 280 without godfather

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Nobody: 9:04pm On Jul 29, 2019
With this result U can even UNSEAT the CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERATION

299 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by FromZeroToHero(m): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
Your chances of getting admission is very slim unless you score above 85% in post utme. wish you good luck.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Stargurl20(f): 9:27pm On Jul 29, 2019
Y not change institution to less competitive one to b on safe side

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by iCauseTrouble: 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2019
Maybe Medical Marketing..... You can do your house manship with GNLD, TIANSHI and the rest grin

69 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by RDPMAN: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Maybe
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by NwaAmaikpe: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
shocked

Your physical and biological sciences subjects are sadly amongst the weakest in your result.
You will not do well in Medicine.

A C5 in Biology means you have just an average knowledge of human cells, the anatomy and all the various systems that make up the human body.

A C6 in Chemistry means you have just a vague comprehension of chemicals, their properties and potential reactions with cells in the human body.

How can you diagnose and prescribe then without killing people? Those alone are the basics in MBBS.

My advice is this,
Study Geography and Planning or Geology up to the Ph.D level and you'd still be a doctor.

Afterall a doctor is still a doctor.
Even Papa Sherifatu the babalawo's business card reads Doctor.

221 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by EkunKekere: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't an A1 in mathematics a mandatory subject for admission into Med School?

Admission into any of the top tier Southern universities like UI, UNN, UNILAG, OAU will be very tough even with a fairly decent result like this one. You'll be competing with literally the sharpest brains on the African continent, the overwhelming majority of whom are Southern Nigerians.

But if you're not too picky and you don't mind lowering your standards, you can waltz into any Northern university with that result. You'll be the one eyed king in the land of the blind.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Bbbwings: 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
If it is UI, he won't enter.
They lay emphasis on o level result.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by samcus(m): 9:36pm On Jul 29, 2019
Dear God, May we never have health issues that will require raising funds from friends and social media. IJN
amen to claim it.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by hakeem4(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Well I’m my opinion No! Medicine and surgery is a highly competitive course to study. Your result is quite good but it’s average cause I’m sure medicine and surgery will get more candidates with better results.

I wish you good luck

9 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by GogetterMD(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Firebomber:
Good day everyone.

I apply for medicine and surgery in UNIBEN and I have 268 in jamb.. But am scared because of my result.. So please what's my chance of getting admission into UNIBEN with this result?
How did you score a B3 in use of English with such terrible writing skills? "am"? "I apply"

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Felixalex(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Oya drop it quick, i wan sleep

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by nairalanduseles: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
My bro try use am get visa and scholarship.......make U no waste ur time for Naija

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by frowland(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
EVILFOREST:
With this result U can even UNSEAT the CHIEF JUSTICE OF THE FEDERATION

Lol

2 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by iamvictorbassey: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
InansBobo:
Change institution to Unimaid/UDUSOK if you're on your own
Which f.u.cking UDUSOK? I would not attend that school if I was on monthly stipend. Usmanu Danfodiyo will never give a non indigene medicine. If they do I give you 5 Grand monthly till you graduate.

Your best bet is Vet Medicine. My classmate was the best graduating student in our time from the secondary school of the same Usmanu Danfodiyo and was not given Medicine because he was an Igbo boy.
Don't waste your time o

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Henrhyme4u(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
Land for sale, serious buyer abeg

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by dynicks(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
The way m staring at the mod that banned me 2days ago!!...

If u know how happy I am with u right now, u wouldn't try that shit next time..!

Meanwhile back to the topic....yes u can study farming ND fishery with that result...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ishowdotgmail(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
Yes you can, except the school uses Olevel as one of their yardsticks for admission
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Psainte20(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
FromZeroToHero:
Your chances of getting admission is very slim unless you score above 85% in post utme. wish you good luck.
see God speaking.....

2 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by martineverest(m): 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2019
uniben combine jamb score and post ume scores[ forgotten how they do the calculation)...Ur jamb score is high..make sure Ur post-ume is very high and u are good to go

if Ur post ume is average,u could get pharmacy, dentistry or optometry.....mind u,those courses are harder than medicine in uniben..

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Deestro(f): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Weak science grades, well your jamb will determine lol, and yes if you're planning on schooling abroad or a private school, then yes you can

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ikombe: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Contact me for your Gym and Exercise equipment both Home and Commercial Use

check my signature and profile for more info.

Delivery Within Lagos. Waybill outside lagos.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by Iamgrey5(m): 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
Go for engineering.
Or information technology.
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by ikombe: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
dynicks:
The way m staring at the mod that banned me 2days ago!!...

No just try that shit next time..!
you never experedict grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by solmusdesigns: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
which one be marketing and civic
Re: Can I Study Medicine And Surgery With This Result. by asdfjklhaha(f): 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2019
h

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Auchi Polytechnic Lecturer Injures Female Student, Flees (Photos) / Chinese Nursery School Hires Sexy Pole Dancers To Welcome Kids Back To School / FG Gives School Operators 12 Days To Meet COVID-19 Guidelines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.