Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,002 members, 7,806,918 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:57 AM

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? (45687 Views)

Is MTN Network Down In Your Location? / How To Frustrate A Scammer / What Is Mtn Pulse Points? See How To Redeem Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by OEPHIUS(m): 8:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
Xenophobic attack: MTN moves to frustrate Glo
•NCC calls for caution

With the increasing volume of protests from Nigerian youths over the xenophobic attacks on Nigerians in South Africa, it appears that South African telco MTN may have decided to take out its frustrations on Globacom, Nigeria’s 100% home-grown telco.

Many Globacom subscribers over the weekend expressed difficulties in completing calls to MTN subscribers in the last few days, suggesting that the South African company may have constricted some pipes delivering Globacom calls to its network. Glo Subscribers have to try several times before their calls are connected to MTN subscribers.

The new development comes after protests organised by the National Association of Nigerian Association on MTN premises in Kaduna and Benue on Thursday, last week. A few other protests planned for Anambra State and other locations in the country were aborted by the police.

MTN and Globacom have periodically had disputes over the details of their interconnection obligations to each other. It is not uncommon for telecommunications operators to disagree on interconnection obligations from time to time.

However, in order to ensure optimum experience for telecom consumers, the regulator of the industry, the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has always advised caution in the area of disconnecting each other as a way of forcing a resolution of interconnect disputes.

Globacom has maintained a steady growth since inception on the strength of its innovative offerings and affordable plans. It is currently the second largest telecommunications operator, next to MTN, and MTN may be afraid that its recent woes, including imposition of a series of fines on account of SIM card registration infractions, among others, might make it possible for an unhindered Globacom to catch up with it at its current rate of growth. Efforts to get the top officials of both MTN and Glo proved abortive.

https://thepunditng.com/xenophobic-attack-mtn-moves-to-frustrate-glo/

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by gorociano: 8:15pm On Jul 29, 2019
It's annoying gaskiya. Since like Wednesday, any single time I call an MTN number from my Glo line, it will be telling me that they can't complete the call and I should go and contact my network.

I've been quite miffed by this and it's just disheartening that we are being harassed like this. Did I owe them money? NCC should come and sort this out please

134 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by gorociano: 8:19pm On Jul 29, 2019
It's being discussed by many people on twitter sef.

Mynd44, lalasticlala please make una front page this let's force them to solve this issue once and for all

11 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by AnonPoet: 8:21pm On Jul 29, 2019
Same thing with me. I thought it was my location then I moved away to another place and found out it is the same there, I checked my airtime, checked my device.

If this is true, it is messed up. Very messed up

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trioti(m): 8:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
They are killing Nigerians in South Africa and still want to frustrate our proudly Nigeria network? No way! Say no

132 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Omihanifa: 8:26pm On Jul 29, 2019
Am experiencing it too o

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by talkto300: 8:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
MTN wants to start what they can't finish! Glo is answering our questions! If not for bad policies, No Nigerians don't MTN any more. And with this they are doing, I am afraid they might loss out!

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by onetime65432: 8:44pm On Jul 29, 2019
Just imagine this! What should we call this MTN is taking US for granted! Say no to MTN frustration

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by gistnow: 8:47pm On Jul 29, 2019
It is really bad for MTN market in Nigeria. Meanwhile Nigerians are even enjoying Glo

57 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by funmitalks190: 8:49pm On Jul 29, 2019
Let's ALL leave MTN! How on earth will they be doing this How? Why? Frustrating us even in our own country?? No no no!!

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by toyosilawal12: 9:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
Na wa o MTN. I was sha wondering what was up with the restrictions to MTN lines this weekend. Glo still dey rain for Nigeria o, your plans won’t work.

13 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by funmitalks190: 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2019
Key points here

14 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mariamm234: 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2019
So bad if MTN is truly doing this! It is not a good way to tell Nigerians thank you

3 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Kwamecron(m): 9:20pm On Jul 29, 2019
True
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 9:22pm On Jul 29, 2019
This is so ridiculous! What does MTN stand to gain from this attack. Sabotaging the efforts of another brand is not the way to go.

9 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Folasho99: 9:25pm On Jul 29, 2019
This Telco war has gotten to another level o. This is beyond appalling �
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by mariamm234: 9:28pm On Jul 29, 2019
If you have really tried all the networks you will know that Glo is the Baba. Please can we all move to Glo? MTN is frustrating us, South Africa is killing Nigerians ! What is our gain if we continue using MTN?

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by FlyingTOMATOE: 9:31pm On Jul 29, 2019
But this won't b the first time such is happening
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by toyosilawal12: 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2019
What the heck is happening?? MTN is sabotaging GLO even in Nigeria I think we have to find something to do! This is very mad! Very very bad! They are at fault and they are still doing all these to us?

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by parrotpikin: 9:39pm On Jul 29, 2019
I have been saying it..... Since they have been killing and maltreating Nigerians in South Africa, as a form of protest let us stop using MTN! Glo is good enough to serve us all. Stop patronising foreign products ahead ours. Glo is good! I repeat!

32 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by gistnow: 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
Jesus! No way! MTN is ungrateful! Sabotaging GLO's effort. It is very bad!

16 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trioti(m): 9:51pm On Jul 29, 2019
The government needs to do something about this! We can't continue like this.....never!

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Amuocha: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2019
Great Glo cant fight back

Lazy network

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 10:00pm On Jul 29, 2019
YOU STILL HAVE A REASON TO STILL BE USING MTN??

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by trendsgirl: 10:03pm On Jul 29, 2019
A PLEASANT MESSAGE FROM GLO TO US! Let us gather all the numbers!

1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Cletus77(m): 10:10pm On Jul 29, 2019
People kept on complaining it to me at the office today..and went on to buy a new MTN Sim thinking the fault is from the glo. I guess that's what MTN wants.

Everyone gather here..lemme profer a solution. MTN must not frustrate Glo, even in terms of paying staffs, Glo beats Dem hands down!

Anytime you try calling an MTN line using Glo and it doesn't work, just try it twice, check your account balance and then try it twice or three times it will definitely ring on the third or fourth dial...

That's the leak am using, MTN tink say Dem wise

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Cutefergieee: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
ok
Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by martineverest(m): 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
reminds me of Google and Microsoft battle:' Don't be evil'

1 Like

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jul 29, 2019
Glo no get level abeg.
Na only to de advertise up and down them sabi.

De go give you data finish come seize network.

Rubbish

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by afroniger: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
gorociano:
It's annoying gaskiya. Since like Wednesday, any single time I call an MTN number from my Glo line, it will be telling me that they can't complete the call and I should go and contact my network.

I've been quite miffed by this and it's just disheartening that we are being harassed like this. Did I owe them money? NCC should come and sort this out please

Same here. I thought I was the only one experiencing that same problem.

2 Likes

Re: Xenophobic Attack: Is MTN Trying To Frustrate Glo? by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jul 29, 2019
I wanted to port my Mtn to Etisalat but since they change to 9mobile Everything has changed to Slow network .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Glo Reacts To The Data Volume Reduction / This Is What I Found Inside Original BB Charger / Saka 'Ported' From Etisalat To MTN: The True Story Emerges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.