Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:02 PM

Former Pastor & Author Of Relationshp Book, Gives Up On Marriage & Christianity - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Former Pastor & Author Of Relationshp Book, Gives Up On Marriage & Christianity (546 Views)

Youth Invade Ondo Monarch Palece For Converting To Christianity / Today In 1857, Arrival Of Christianity In Igboland / "Satan Deceived Kuwait Prince To Convert To Christianity" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Former Pastor & Author Of Relationshp Book, Gives Up On Marriage & Christianity by ALISMILE(m): 9:48pm On Jul 29, 2019
(CNN) - A former pastor who wrote a bestselling book on traditional relationships has confirmed the end of his marriage, apologized for opposing LGBTQ rights and announced he is no longer a Christian.

Joshua Harris' book "I Kissed Dating Goodbye," which railed against sex before marriage and homosexuality, sold over 1 million copies and became a fixture in Christian youth groups after coming out 22 years ago.

But Harris now says the 1997 work "contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry," and that he has "undergone a massive shift in regard to my faith in Jesus."

Writing on Instagram, he added: "By all the measurements that I have for defining a Christian, I am not a Christian."

"I have lived in repentance for the past several years -- repenting of my self-righteousness, my fear-based approach to life, the teaching of my books, my views of women in the church, and my approach to parenting to name a few," Harris wrote in the post.

"To the LGBTQ+ community, I want to say that I am sorry for the views that I taught in my books and as a pastor regarding sexuality. I regret standing against marriage equality, for not affirming you and your place in the church, and for any ways that my writing and speaking contributed to a culture of exclusion and bigotry. I hope you can forgive me," he went on.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/29/us/joshua-harris-divorce-apology-scli-intl/index.html

Re: Former Pastor & Author Of Relationshp Book, Gives Up On Marriage & Christianity by ALISMILE(m): 9:54pm On Jul 29, 2019
their eyes dey open small Small

(1) (Reply)

Ojude Oba 2019, Proudly Sponsored By Fcmb / Mad Oh!! This Guy Carry Culture For Mouth / When You Are Leaving Nigeria, What Item Would You Take To Remember Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.