Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,811 members, 7,802,611 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC (75781 Views)

NMDPRA Denies Approving Import Licence For Dangote / Is Lagos The Best Place For Dangote Refinery? / Dangote Refinery Sets 2020 For Petrol, Fertilizer Export Begins This Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Rapidpolystyren(m): 5:25am On Jul 30, 2019
perrychemical:

I am very much in agreement with you. The technology and the engineering of all these equipments are not rocket science, but we kept on given out our real job to the Indian and Chinese. I think we are totally not on the path of development, if none of the total man hour requirements on the Engineering of all this whole facility cannot be accounted by Nigerian.

I would have loved the fabrication to be done in Nigeria, and at least 30% of the Engineering also allocated to Nigerian as well.

Even, I am very sure, during the operation stage of this facility, they will have to be bringing in expert for maintenance, and Nigerian will just be recruited as mere checkers of control system.

It is really saddened how we reached this stage as a nation. If this kind of huge project is going on in Nigeria, and Nigerians cannot even bost of 1% of man hour during the FEED stage, maybe 3% during EPC, and Operation might be like say 20%. With this statistic, we need to start asking important question.

nobody has the capacity to fabricate such size in Nigeria
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by skukimania(f): 5:34am On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
cant this nonsense be built in nigeria?

No! That's because Nigerians don't build nonsense. Thank you.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:40am On Jul 30, 2019
Godoverevery:

stop talking about what you know nothing of.....even the USA import equipment from China....they have the best engineers in the world and that doesn't mean we the one in Nigeria are useless..... only Germany and China have engineering knowledge of producing D's type of equipment.
Russians first.. Including amphibious equipments they come first..
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Boyooosa(m): 5:41am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If only the atmospheric tower knew it's coming to the country with the worst business atmosphere,

It will beg to go to Uganda instead.
goan divert it na, ode!

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:43am On Jul 30, 2019
skukimania:

No! That's because Nigerians don't build nonsense. Thank you.
which can be substantially shown in the infrastructures we have... Our roads and bridges are second to none... Indeed we don't build nonsense I completely agree with u although from ur behind..
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by citruslimited(m): 5:45am On Jul 30, 2019
I am happy that a private sector is doing what our " so called government" was supposed to do

If only a prominent Nigerian out there can take up the power sector as dangote has done to the power sector ( by then we will see the Nigeria of our dreams close to us ! )
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Nobody: 5:46am On Jul 30, 2019
Lawalemi:
What if the thing roll into the sea. #Wasted
Fishermen will dive into d sea and bring it out nii. Evil thinker undecided
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by skukimania(f): 5:49am On Jul 30, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
which can be substantially shown in the infrastructures we have... Our roads and bridges are second to none... Indeed we don't build nonsense I completely agree with u although from ur behind..

Thanks for agreeing with me even if it's from the rear. But those things you mentioned were not initially built as nonsense even if they eventually appeared so. But, the thought of building nonsense from the scratch; I mean you are aware this is nonsense and still want to build it, is what I just said Nigerians don't build.
Thank you.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by israelmao(m): 5:52am On Jul 30, 2019
My bleeds for Nigeria.Does it mean with all our human and material resources we can't do this?
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Livefreeordieha(m): 5:55am On Jul 30, 2019
skukimania:

Thanks for agreeing with me even if it's from the rear. But those things you mentioned were not initially built as nonsense even if they eventually appeared so. But, the thought of building nonsense from the scratch; I mean you are aware this is nonsense and still want to build it, is what I just said Nigerians don't build.
Thank you.
still coming from the rear... They were nonsense hence the solomon Grande life span... Not because they can't do better I must confess but the human greed factor has made all their projects come out as nonsense to honest minds... Don't thank me.. Just be just..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by budaatum: 5:59am On Jul 30, 2019
bbproperties:

You ain't late yet.l can assist you bro.call 07062021316
I already got my own, thanks. You should quote the other person. Na im won buy.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by credibleVal(m): 6:06am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

If only the atmospheric tower knew it's coming to the country with the worst business atmosphere,

shut up and be proud and stop speaking ill of ursef at all times.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Jbleenk: 6:12am On Jul 30, 2019
Now that this is made known to the world, watch how some super power will sabotage it and not let it get to its destination
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Atamo: 6:15am On Jul 30, 2019
LadySarah:
When we have engineers in this xountry.A metal is been fab and transported to the giant of Africa.

I weep for the Zoo

You lots criticise everything and insult Nigeria at every given instance, yet with nothing to offer. What have you done yet to change the situation?
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Godoverevery: 6:23am On Jul 30, 2019
Livefreeordieha:
Russians first.. Including amphibious equipments they come first..
And how many countries want to deal with Russia rigidness in the world ....they only manufacture for themselves infact if they have there way they never wanted any other countries to know this techniques and technology.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by danhans(m): 6:28am On Jul 30, 2019
josh123:
We are getting there
Dangote is getting there not we,is it for F.g
More Grace to Alhaji Aliko Dangote
God I beg oo,my own portion of prosperity
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Julius1351(m): 6:29am On Jul 30, 2019
Oshey Aliko, thumbs up
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Neddyogu(m): 6:34am On Jul 30, 2019
DREAMZZZ:
cant this nonsense be built in nigeria?

Built in Nigeria with what? Wood? Is there steel in Nigeria?
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 30, 2019
josh123:
We are getting there
Na bra, Dangote and his family are getting theirs'
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by ADMAF(m): 6:41am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This belongs to Dangote and Dangote doesn't appear to have ever been troubled by the business environment in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Livefreeordieha(m): 6:43am On Jul 30, 2019
Godoverevery:

And how many countries want to deal with Russia rigidness in the world ....they only manufacture for themselves infact if they have there way they never wanted any other countries to know this techniques and technology.
and u think ur submissions underscore their number 1 position? You can remove them if it makes you happy but schools and google will deal with facts not emotions or personal opinions.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Lovelyn451(f): 6:55am On Jul 30, 2019
t
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by frowland(m): 7:13am On Jul 30, 2019
LadySarah:
When we have engineers in this xountry.A metal is been fab and transported to the giant of Africa.

I weep for the Zoo

There are great minds in US but their processors and iPhones and all what not still comes from China.
US also a zoo?
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by gcof(m): 7:19am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

its a private investment. I’m very sure it will excel
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by fkj950ax(m): 7:31am On Jul 30, 2019
9jantatainment:

Are you for real? How can you say "No traffic". When was the last time you visited that corridor, words cant express the hardship people face on that ibeju epe road now, no thanks to the heavy duty trucks working at the refinery. To now think that this mighty equipment will be moved to the refinery using that same road in its current dilapidated state, it is my prayer that it does not fall off its conveyor between the epe jetty and eleko juction because of the massive potholes on the road. How i wish i have pictures to share for you to see what motorists go through on that road on a daily basis. Most if not all equipment to be used at the refinery passed through that same road so i do not think your position on the usage of the FTZ and not Epe jetty enroute Apapa port is right, besides there arent much equipment at the FTZ port to facilitate the disembarkment of such equipment from the barge that brought it.

I honestly think that in a saner clime, a more comprehensive EIA should have been carried out to address issues bordering around transportation of heavy duty equipment and materials using the existing road and how it affects the environment and other road users. The hardship on that corridor for the past some months can only be imagined. A journey that should not take more than 30 mins now takes about 9-10 hours. Must we die because we want to be self-sufficient in fuel production?

You don't live in that axis. If you blame the project for 9-10hours traffic.
Have you honestly seen and read the projects EIA you referred to?
Previous equipment arrival and transportation didn't fall of conveyor belt and all those things you typed. Even with the potholes.
I won't mind if you do source the photos and share
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Tinyemeka(m): 7:35am On Jul 30, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Stale!

In which country was he resident and where did he grow to become the world's richest black man?

1 Like

Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by lantres000(m): 7:47am On Jul 30, 2019
LadySarah:

I weep for the Zoo

Hope you are not banking on engineers trained in Nigeria university to design such a high end equipment.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 30, 2019
leokid866:

I heard they plan to do test runs from ending of this year to the first quarter of 2020. Then start full production second quarter.
That would be great.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by perrychemical: 7:56am On Jul 30, 2019
[quote author=Rapidpolystyren post=80757741]nobody has the capacity to fabricate such size in

And we cannot do the Engineering as well. I really don't know what NETCO is doing all these while, they have not develop to generating big order for Greenfield Engineering projects, it's really bad for this country. We cannot generate jobs for the masses , if we failed to develop Technology
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by spencekat(m): 7:58am On Jul 30, 2019
See a fine and world class jetty.
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by Donbosco46: 8:03am On Jul 30, 2019
budaatum:

U don late grin
dey no dey go late for land
Re: World's Largest Atmospheric Tower For Dangote Refinery Sets Sail From China (PIC by nimabusta(f): 8:08am On Jul 30, 2019
grandstar:
I'm impressed.

Thank God he is focusing on the product the country has comparative advantage in.

Shame he is still demanding that government bans the importation of refined fuels. That's just plain wrong as he would have monopolistic and risk free profits.

A ban is therefore unnecessary but rather import duty of 5% should suffice.

Open your eyes Dangote thrives in a monopolistic economy..Aided by the Government,they all have their share.Nigeia wealth is in their hands

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Female Bank Staff Stripped Naked Over Loan Recovery / List Of Nigerian Billionaires - Forbes / List Of 41 Imported Items CBN Ban From Forex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.